IGNORED

Jill & Jessa Counting On, Regular Season 1 - Part 2

Coconut Flan

22 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

Watching a "Bonus clip" on the re-run from last week...they are talking about baby S's nicknames - Quincy, Spur, Geo, Surge, some of the younger kids call him Spurgent, Ben likes Mr. Spurgeon, Jessa likes Elliot and wants him to go by that as well but doesn't want him to get confused. Ben also has a friend who calls him The Spurgeonator. Spurge is his main nickname though, Jinger said it was pretty hard to call him Spugeon so they had to come up with something else.

Geo?

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Geo?

Spurgeon. weird duggar logic. that or ANY name other than spurgeon.  And do you see jessa's face light up when she says "i really like the name elliot, i want him to go by elliot"?

11 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Jill and Jessa - Blathering on - Date nights and bright lights.

WHY, WHY ARE THEY STILL ON TV????

We are treated to a recap of what we saw last week, complete with a reminder that spurge shits himself.  Jill and Derturd are FAR FAR AWAY in a dangerous place!

We open with cows... and cars parked onthe grass at Jessa's house.  Spurge is 6 weeks old and has a personality.  Jessa comments that he has a full diaper, cuz no episode is complete without a baby shit joke.

He has a cold... Jessa is nervous because "when kids were sick my mom would take care of us" (bullshit).  Now she has to do it herself

TH - Is parenting easier or harder than you thought it would be?

Jessa - when you were siblings you had to change a diaper here or there, but when your're the mom its 24 care!  (Was this a surprise to you?)

YAY! Today she is going to see krazy eyed sierra!  Gonna meet more BAYBEEZ!

Eden Grace is younger than the spurge.  Sierra has 5 kids under the age of 5.  Of course, she reminds us that Mechelle did it , and had 11 kids 10 and under.  SUPERMOM!  Jessa can be in that situation too if they adopt.

She gets into a white minivan with a stick figure that has more people than are currently in her family in the back window... 

At sierra's house a boy talks with food in his mouth. She feeds a baby... Jessa coos about how much energy sierra has.  Jessa is tired thinking about the things that Sierra does, all without coffee!  SAINT!

They met 5 years ago and they hit it off.  Its been awesome seeing her "little family" grow and she does a "good job" with the kids.  They compare baby sizes like men whipping out their penises to see which is bigger.

ZOMG daddy holds eden grace.  Sierra says something in french.  Dad takes the 3 older boys to put up christmas lights.

Jessa thinks its great to "observe" parenting style.

Sierra brings her lunch and holds spurge.  Jessa says she's spoiling her by holding spurge.  Jessa nurses under a blanket... we're shown pics of them pregnant together, bumping bellies.  

Sierra - We did exactly what we said we'd do... Spurge blows a huge one... sierra comments that he smiled.

At the TTH

Jinger tells us that they're packing up to go to central america for 2 weeks

Jana - We're packing stuff into duffel bags to send to CA

A J'slave jumps on shit inside a bag to pack it down.  They slide boxes across the floor.

JInger to Johanna are going to do mission work and see J'derick.  Jana is not going... to help with the "little kids" (aka Anna)

Anna is not going.  She'd love to go back but "usually" I'm pregnant or nursing so its hard.

J'derick is meeting up with them and they'll be in a more "high risk" area ZOMG

Shot f J'derick wandering with Izzy

Josiah - J'derick are sacrificing a lot, SAFETY! No one speaks english!

Jinger - YAY god protecting J'derick's incredible path of DANGER! Its an amazing ministry!

Still packing... they're bringing gifts because a lot of people dont get gifts and shit, its like rare..

Jana - take as much as you can to give away to people there.  

Michelle crams bags into bags.  They get 2 free bags per person, so they may have to pay extra... 

I think we have a PULLITZR Prize winning post here.

All the mentioin of danger is really scaring me. But, of course, I don't have to worry because I'm not in SintralMerica. 

Commercials: My big fat Greek wedding 2 trailer, POF dating site, mokingjay DVD, creditkarma, heartbeat NBC show, tlc promos

Am I the only one who wigged out because ... Spurgeon is SICK with a COLD.  And Jessa took him over to Sierra's anyway to meet baby Eden.

The whole Duggar-Germ-Factory clan absolutely grosses me out.  So the howlers already passed a cold onto baby Spurgeon, and Jessa is going to spread the germs even further. Ick.

P.S. ... just saw the "praying before leaving on the missions trip" segment ...
Did anyone catch who was the head/praying?  Are we going to see uber-missionary John Shrader???

1 minute ago, quiverofdoubt said:

Spurgeon. weird duggar logic. that or ANY name other than spurgeon.  And do you see jessa's face light up when she says "i really like the name elliot, i want him to go by elliot"?

Yes I felt a little bad for her. I ]did love that Jinger said it was hard to call him Spurgeon.

3 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

Huh? How are they pronouncing Geo? Like Geogrophy or Joe? Or am I personally pronouncing Spurgeon wrong? I though it was like Sturgeon, the fish. Is it actually pronounced Spur-Geon? Spur-John? I am confused!

Just now, FleeJanaFree said:

Huh? How are they pronouncing Geo? Like Geogrophy or Joe? Or am I personally pronouncing Spurgeon wrong? I though it was like Sturgeon, the fish. Is it actually pronounced Spur-Geon? Spur-John? I am confused!

geo as in geo-caching.  my cousin named his kid geo. just geo though, it's not short for anything.  it's pronounced like the fish.  the clan is just desperate not to say spurgeon, so they'll name him anything but, no matter what a stretch it is.

Joe came home from college to put these lights in? Or is this a huge time jump from the last episode?

Blathering on - Part 2

At Jessa's house

She stares longingly at spurge. Jana knocks... ZOMG! It must be a surprise visit... Jessa says "come on in, I'd get up but..."  We all know she's too good to get up and meet guests!

Jana is there to "discuss" a plan TLC made them come up with  for home improvement.  They coo at spurge.  Jana holds him...

Jessa - the house is an "older model" theres only one light, poor thing.  

Jessa TH - A lot of "us kids" are good at talking about big our ideas, but when its time to get jana involved you have to get jana involved...

They stare at the ceiling... Jana doesnt think it would be "super hard to do."  

Jessa - she's good at makng plans and shit.

Jana gets up on a ladder, Jessa sits on the couch.

Jana TH - sometimes the menfolk arent there to fix shit, so I have to do it myself... 

Jana wanders into the bedroom GAH would it be SO horrible to make the bed?  It looks like my dog rolled up in there.

Joy - Jana puts her input in to ideas and sometimes she's quiet and inthe background...

JD - Jana used to be outgoing

Jessa - She used to say I'm going to fix your hair, pick out your outfits... what we're going to do today...

Back to the couch...

Jessa - As I got older I'd protest the ideas and I'd be like "no we're not."  We clashed heads but now we work together (aka - she does shit for me so I'm cool with it.. I'm just gonna sit here on this couch, k?)

Jana - she wants a lot of lights and stuff... 

Jessa - She's not a handyman, she's a handygirl

Producer - Does Jana have a secret or hidden talent?

JD - Jana has delivered a calf before. She got olive oil (demonstrates with hands) get the thing out... pulling the calf.  She was the one who was "getting with it."  I think those midwife classes help

Producer:  What do you see your life like in 5 years?

Jana - That is so hard to say. I dont know... I dont know what the next 5 years will look like. Maybe I'll meet the one and get married and have kids.

Producer - Its not like there havent been suitors, its just that the right one hasnt come along?

Jana TH - There have been differnt guys come along and ask, but they havent been the right one and so its just one of those things.

Shot of her wandering through the nursery looking for outlets

Jana TH - I'm not just out to get married to the first one who comes along.  Sometimes its tempting and its like "I really want to be married" because in those moments where your sibling are married with little ones, going out on dates... its a weird in between stage because I'm not a younger one and i'm not an older one married with kids.  Just being busy with where god has me right now and being content in this place and learning, and going on with life.

They plan what to do with a ceiling fan over the bed - it  is somehow magically made perfectly... 

Producer - what is your definition of a task master

Jessa - Somebody who masters a task, right?

Jd - someone who tells everyone else what to do, and jessa is good at making sure things get done... 

Shot of Jessa ordering people around

Producer - do you consider yourself a task master?

Jessa - sometimes, I guess I have a lot of first born tendencies.  I think after a couple of kids it starts over.  If nobody is taking charge I will (sorry joshly!)

Jana TH - Jessa likes to be in charge, most of us dont mind.

Joy is going to get glasses for jennie.   (Joy is driving - it appears that someone has written "drink plenty of juice" on the back window but I'm not sure if the last word is "juice")  Jennie doesnt like glasses...

Joy - Oh shit, SHE's THE ONE WHO NEEDS GLASSES AND SHE'S DRIVING THE LITTLES!  WHAT THE EVER LOVING FUCK???? SHe needs glasses because she cant read signs...

They arrive at the eye clinic.  Joy looks for frames, she doesnt know what she wants because she's bad at fashion.  

Jana - if any of us are making a big decision its usually not on our own. 

Joy - I need a second opinion.  She facetimes Jill.  Cuz she's totally the best person to call... internationally... shouldnt Jill be chasing Izzy or converting catholics?

Joy reminds us that they used to be super close.  Its really hard and she misses jill... 

Oh yay!  Derick has an opinion too.  WHats about the other kids that are actually, you know, in the store??? Oh right, ignore them.

JOy - it was fun to conference with Jill in dangerville.

Jill says they are "adorbs."

Joy describes the glasses she got in a TH ---- where she's not wearing her glasses.  The producer calls her out. She laughs.

Ben seems totally unable to grasp the putting in of lights. Why does he continue to sound like he is out of it? 

Jana TH - There have been differnt guys come along and ask, but they havent been the right one and so its just one of those things.

Translation: They haven't been the right ones according to Jim Bob's criteria, so Jana is just SoL.

Blathering on - part 3

At the TTH they continue packing up.  Joy screams for "available" kids to load up the truck.  She counts duffell bags, 21.  Jessa cant come because of the spurge.  

They're going to "encourage" people, and minister.

Jinger - DANGER! ITS A COUNTRY OF VIOLENCE!

Jana - There are so many things that can go wrong (musak in the background is DANGER)

Boob - Gotta pray, 

Michelle covers her face with a tissue...

Jinger - god is with us! We're going over with a love for those people... 

Back at spurgefarm

Jessa - Jana and I came up with a plan to add lighting.  

Jessa sits on the chair nursing and says she will "observe" as they put in can lights.  Now is as good a time as ever, just put the baby in a room.  If we wait too long he'll be clowning around and throwing insulation...

Jana and Joe cuz they know shit, oh and some guy named peter cuz he really knows shit.

Bin explains how wiring works.  

Bin - If we dont cut holes in the right place and we have to cut again we could have GAPING holes... (wow, really? Is that how holes work?)

Jessa - they were using a stud finder.

Peter tells them how to use it.... Jessa is amazed when it beeps.

Some of the studs are going in different directions.  Joe suggests they move the lights inward, under the blades of the fan (which isnt centered)

Jessa contains with crazy eyes about being OCD because its not centered.  I dont think anyone will be looking up at the ceiling (honey, its your bedroom... )

Commercials: tlc promos, jungle book trailer, quit your day job show, local Nissan dealership, xfinity, Nissan dealership again, tlc promos

Methinks that Jessa WILL have time to stare up at the new lights in the bedroom ceiling.

C'mon now -- we've all been there.  Sex isn't always fabulous, and sometimes you need a distraction. ;)

OMG, I saw the videoconference from SintralMerica!! Danger. Danger Violence.

OMG....I saw the cougar, Really!! 

Laughing so hard. 

Just now, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Methinks that Jessa WILL have time to stare up at the new lights in the bedroom ceiling.

C'mon now -- we've all been there.  Sex isn't always fabulous, and sometimes you need a distraction. ;)

i'm thinking she's going to be the one looking at it most of the time, more than anybody, really.  assuming they leave the lights on.

Good Gawd Almighty.  Whoever is feeding lines to the off-camera production person should be shot.

How. Many. Times. will he ask Jana another rude question???

TLC definitely has been reading here....

Jana: " I don't only cook and take care of babies, surprise!" 

1 minute ago, hollywood said:

Oh shit, TLC called us out! 

What?!? Elaborate, please.

New game for TLC: Donate a dollar to the families you are filming while showing Jill and Derick's "mission trip" (and NOT through the Dillard Ministries) every time someone on the show says Central America or dangerous.

• Criscat locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived