IGNORED

Jill & Jessa Counting On, Regular Season 1 - Part 2

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I love that you love it. #poetlaureate  Spread the word!

so from now on 

#writer #theedgypreacher and #poetlaureate 

equal Ben Seewald 

that's a ministry right 

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was literally watching Ben tonight and thinking, "Jesus Christ, man, use your words. Make them flow together! Good lord almighty!"

2 minutes ago, nst said:

so from now on 

#writer #theedgypreacher and #poetlaureate 

equal Ben Seewald 

that's a ministry right 

Bennis Aquinas, Thomas's lesser known brother.

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Bin - If we dont cut holes in the right place and we have to cut again we could have GAPING holes... (wow, really? Is that how holes work?)

Great recap, Buzzard! Thank you!

This line above is pure gold and allows us to explore ... the deeper thoughts in Bin's freakishly empty brain.

1 minute ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I was literally watching Ben tonight and thinking, "Jesus Christ, man, use your words. Make them flow together! Good lord almighty!"

I think despite his desire for a ministry to be on tv and discuss the lord endlessly 

he was better on the actual show - now he comes across as idiotic - who can't even pretend anymore

18 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I don't know if this is the exact quote, but the way Bin said, "If we don't get the holes right, we could have...a gaping... hole." Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Ben Seewald, the poet laureate of fundiedom.

That's the way his mind works.  He's going to write a rap song about that.

Just now, DuggarWatch said:

I think #edgypreacher shit is gone already 

get ready for the pipe and pink armchair 

#Poetlaureate still loves to rock those sideways baseball caps. So, I suppose he's the #edgypoetlaureate

12 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

H to the O to the L to the E.  And Jesus, ya'll.

Mic drop.

40 minutes ago, Terrier99 said:

This show is one giant advertisement for "please court my 26-year-old daughter"

Other than true creeps, I'm thinking interest in Jana has pretty much dried up in fundiedom. Why else feel the need to advertise her and skills she has learned in such a forward manner? Hell, even Joy said one of the 3 things Jana would need stranded on an island was a guy...

When did they go to El Salvador? At about the 9 minute mark, while they were packing for the trip, a bag went flying into the shot while someone (don't know which one it was) was talking and a boy shouts "sorry, that was Josh"

1 minute ago, Gossamer1 said:

When did they go to El Salvador? At about the 9 minute mark, while they were packing for the trip, a bag went flying into the shot while someone (don't know which one it was) was talking and a boy shouts "sorry, that was Josh"

They said "sorry that was trash" but that's pretty much synonymous with Joshley now :pb_lol:

32 minutes ago, Stoned Fundie said:

Jana seems very forced and awkward when being asked about personal life. She definitely does not seem into it, and I wonder what the underlying problem is.

Preview for the next episode... "The bigger the better" in reference to a piece of wood. Classic. :pb_surprised:

Is it morning wood? Ben's?

OMG I am so sorry.

I swear Jessa saying "Like" every two seconds makes her sound so shallow. Ugh I can't stand people who do that. Stop talking for a minute, but please for the love of God stop saying "Like ." 

:dislike:

OMG, but that show was boring! Was it Jinger who made some remark about praying for 'hedge of protection'?

Anyway, commercials from Nova Scotia, Canada: LOTS of TLC, gazelle.com. Palm Breeze, The Addiction Network, POF, Credit Karma, Heartbeat NBC, Oxygen - quit Your day Job, WWF, ring.com, Universal - the Boss & My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2, The Jungle Book, Mockingjay - Walmart.

I have a fraction of sympathy for Jessa now. I do NOT think she wanted a kid named Spurgeon. CALL HIM ELLIOT, JESSA. You birthed him. 

I only watched the sneak peek. Did anybody else find it terribly sad that 26 year old Jana could not come up with a single hope, dream, or goal she could imagine accomplishing in the next 5 years? She also made a comment about not being one of the littles and not being one of the 'adult' kids. Oh, Jana, you have been adulting for such a very long time.....find your bliss!!  The Duggars should know the parable of the talents.... (Yep, it was money, but most theologians interpret it as anything God has given you,  your aptitudes, gifts, etc.) One might think they would view the refusal to develop the talents in each child as disrespectful or ungrateful to God, wasting His gifts. Some of the Jkids seem quite content with this 'waiting on the Lord' business......but they forget that there is an implied call to action when they hear His call. I think Jana just might understand that. I also imagine the Journey to the Heart trips did their job stomping out any desires toward that end. 

37 minutes ago, Stoned Fundie said:

Jana seems very forced and awkward when being asked about personal life. She definitely does not seem into it, and I wonder what the underlying problem is.

The underlying problem is that the poor girl/woman does not HAVE a personal life.

2 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

OMG, but that show was boring! Was it Jinger who made some remark about praying for 'hedge of protection'?

Anyway, commercials from Nova Scotia, Canada: LOTS of TLC, gazelle.com. Palm Breeze, The Addiction Network, POF, Credit Karma, Heartbeat NBC, Oxygen - quit Your day Job, WWF, ring.com, Universal - the Boss & My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2, The Jungle Book, Mockingjay - Walmart.

if I remember correctly there were lots of commercials for the last episode from many products/companies....were any of those shown on this weeks episode I wonder?  And that new TLC show about those poor people w/ the horrible issues....awful and sad. :( 

I just have the gut feeling that Jana doesn't want to do anything other than what she is doing, or she would have done it. She has probably seen all the available fundie guys available to her by this time. 

24 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

They said "sorry that was trash" but that's pretty much synonymous with Joshley now :pb_lol:

I wasn't entirely sure what he said so I turned on closed captioning and I took a picture of the TV. 

I jumped to the end of the show and it doesn't say who provided the closed captioning. 

20160322_232530.jpg

12 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I just have the gut feeling that Jana doesn't want to do anything other than what she is doing, or she would have done it. She has probably seen all the available fundie guys available to her by this time. 

IMO she is ambivalent about marriage.  I wonder if she sees it as a worse trap than what she's already in.  Once in there is no out and the biggest expectation isn't your happiness, it's your ability to bear children.  She has proven herself to be a very capable person...maybe it brings her a degree of self-satisfaction and autonomy that she doesn't see in the other girls.

23 minutes ago, snickerz said:

The underlying problem is that the poor girl/woman does not HAVE a personal life.

The question then becomes: to what extent does she want this? Has she so wholeheartedly swallowed the Kool-Aid that the cult is peddling that she doesn't know there is another way? Does she genuinely believe in this? Or is she just choking it down and really wants something else, but the family holds her back/she feels she can't get away?

I think any which way you slice it, it's unfortunate and sad.

20 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

In all seriousness, this woman has never been allowed to have a negative feeling in her life. She has been told to stuff every resentment, anger, sadness, and disappointment. She could be depressed and not even know it. Not allowed to even acknowledge it.  

• Criscat locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived