IGNORED

Jill & Jessa Counting On, Regular Season 1 - Part 2

Coconut Flan

...can someone explain to me how Bin ended up making a rap album. I need to see a timeline or something of how the holy hell this happened.

I wonder if they'll play his songs between the shows like UP does BUB Lawson and Erin.

I need to send Buzzard a Club W giftcard for their trouble. This ones gonna be a doozie.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

According to the FAQ page on The  Duggar Family blog they use KJV "primarily."  My understanding is that ATI/IBLP folks believe that the KJV is the best version, the one that God chose for the preservation of His Word in English.  

Knowing the Duggars, it is entirely possible that they use a more accessible version when no one is looking.  On the other hand, it is equally possible that they just memorize KJV passages without understanding.

I would be surprised if they used an non-KJV. Gothard intepreted the KJV for them so they can access those resources if they are confused, but the KJV movement believes other versions of the bible are tainted by man's imperfection and/or sin. They believe only the KJV is God-ordained. So using another versions would be like admitting you a) aren't smart enough for the KJV or b ) were tempted by false knowledge. Can't see JBoob doing either of those. 

On 3/20/2016 at 9:23 PM, calimojo said:

Sorry, but I have to go back the cooking issue. 

Remember when Erin Bates got married and the girls made her a gag gift of recipes and fast food restaurant menus, because it was funny to them that Erin was known to not be a good cook.  They were making fun of her for this,  in a nice way, of course, but it was definitely considered funny to them that a godly woman like Erin wouldn't know how to cook. 

This is a contradiction to the whole them of the girls not knowing how to cook as they portrayed last week.  So, again,  that whole theme was a just a fabrication for the purpose of the show.  In other words,  These people are so dull, that a manufactured storyline about not knowing how to cook a turkey actually seems interesting to them.  What next?  Are we going to be treated to story line where a stray red sock in the laundry turned all the white clothes pink? 

I'm going to nitpick a bit and say that in that episode Jessa the Vain Bitch was the only one who was against that gag gift and said it was a mean joke to pull in Erin. Sweet Jilly  Muffin, on the other hand, was super enthusiastic about presenting Erin with that "gift." Proving that Jill really is her father's daughter.

7 hours ago, NotAnIncubator said:

...can someone explain to me how Bin ended up making a rap album. I need to see a timeline or something of how the holy hell this happened.

I wonder if they'll play his songs between the shows like UP does BUB Lawson and Erin.

I need to send Buzzard a Club W giftcard for their trouble. This ones gonna be a doozie.

Ben didn't make a rap album.  He interviewed a Christian rap star and just decided that it looked so easy that he could be one too.  Just another sign that the 20-year-old is an immature, homeschooled idiot with megalomaniacal delusions of grandeur.

What on earth is up with Cougars? And locking a door to keep them out LAMO....

We have a huge, largely undeveloped river valley running through our city, plus a large network of ravines. Apparently, people love this and its a huge source of pride to be so close to nature. I dont get it... Anyway, Cougars, bears, dear, elk and the occasional moose all wander through our majestic inner city wilderness, as do wild boars, badgers, foxes,coyotes, Canada Goose, ducks, hawks and eagles and other assorted wild and unpleasant animals. As long as you don't corner them or do something stupid like put yourself between them and their babies or let your small animal off leash for a run, they will pretty much leave you alone. That said, some areas of the river valley are so wild, you darn well better have bear spray, and be prepared to use it against the coyotes and bears... Very occasionally, a hungry cougar will take out a jogger or cross country skiier (usually in more mountainous areas with a deficiency in prey species - the joggers look like fleeing prey to the poor things, who are usually starving by that point), and there have been a couple of incidents of coyotes unsucessfully trying to take small children (again starving, not normal behaviour), but mostly, coyotes and birds of prey love to nom on small, unsupervised house pets (people are keeping them inside more because of this risk). Geese, on the other hand, are pure fucking evil and love to chase/hurt people for fun. Someone I know had her arm broken by a blow from a wing. Elk and moose also seem to enjoy messing people up if they get a chance, esp. during rutt. But all this aside, with the exception of geese - if you leave them alone, most wild animals are thrilled to return the favour...

The one good thing about all of these creatures - none of them know how to open a door or window or have the faintest desire to wander into houses (with the exception of bears, and only in rural areas)... the closest I've had to a wild creature entering my house was when a hawk tried to strike through a window to get to my cat, who was passed out asleep on the window seat. The hawk bounced off, leaving a confused cat and a fascinating print of feathers on the glass. When I looked outside, the silly thing was standing on the lawn, shaking it's head. Glass was obviously a new concept for it...

Typical, ignorant Dullards to be scared of a bit of wildlife... Gods fobid they educate themselves and take proper precautions....

7 hours ago, NotAnIncubator said:

Since Bin #thewriter can't write - and his stupid you tube videos didn't do what he thought they would do what he wanted. 

He decided to present a new persona #theedgypreacher vibe after hanging out with this deluded young man flame 

any moment be ready for his next phase with a pipe and an armchair 

We live very rurally. Our back yard borders national forest land. Just last week the world's biggest coyote wandered by our yard.  In the last few weeks there have been various mountain lion sightings. One barely  a stone's throw from my house.  When I was pregnant with my first a momma bear showed up at our house, with three cubs in tow, repeatedly. At one point the cubs were on our roof.

After a huge fire went through the forests a few years ago the food was scarce and there was a lot more trouble with the wildlife.  In town, about 20 miles from me, a mountain lion went after a dog in someone's back yard- it tried to pull the dog through the fence.  It must have been desperate for food because that is extreme behavior for them. 

Now when we go out walking, since all the recent sightings, i bring the dogs. I'm alone with a 3 year old, 35+ bajillion weeks pregnant. I know the wild animals want nothing to do with us, and we live in their yard. But I feel a little better with the dogs with us. Especially out hiking in the woods.

All that being said, the animals that have caused us the most trouble are the damned raccoons that sneak in to our sunroom to steal dog food. at 2 am. waking everybody up.

I've seen a lot of comments about Jana's facial expression when Anna was talking about her visit with Josh. I just want to point out that on reality shows the producers do a lot of editing. The face Jana made could have been a response to someone saying they didn't like the green bean casserole, for all we know. 

This is just something to keep in mind. :)

I'm the one who went on about the cougar.....but JillyPoo mentioned it as a "scary thing". I thought it was the violence and rosaries that were dangerous. They are there on a meaningless mission in my mind.

I have never lived near any predatory wildlife. I think I will keep it that way. If I saw a cougar in my neighboorhood I might never go out again. 

Are we sure they can't open doors?!?!?!? Jilly was being dramatic then. 

6 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

I've seen a lot of comments about Jana's facial expression when Anna was talking about her visit with Josh. I just want to point out that on reality shows the producers do a lot of editing. The face Jana made could have been a response to someone saying they didn't like the green bean casserole, for all we know. 

This is just something to keep in mind. :)

That was my thought, too. The only thing we can be sure of is that the truth is flexible with TLC and the Duggars.

Thank you Kittikatz, for referring to those geese with the proper name Canada Geese instead of Canadian geese, which is the term I hear all too often.

I lived in a lovely little town named Big Bear Lake. Town and lake are right in the middle of the San Bernardino National Forest. Encounters with wildlife were pretty common though I never did see a bear the entire time we lived there. I did know of a man who had an encounter with a bear in his house...apparently the bear wanted the donuts that were sitting on the kitchen counter.  The man heard a ruckus and ran to the kitchen and saw the bear eating the donuts.  Man ran one way and the bear ran the other. 

With regards to mountain lions, those are the scary ones.  One took a six year old who was out with his family picnicking outside of town. They sent the child to the car to fetch something and the lion got him. Folks, those animals are not to be messed with.  Never, never, never go alone into an area where there are mountain lions.

4 hours ago, InThePrayerCloset said:

Any suggested searching terms for the episode on youtube? I can only find ones where the sound is very distorted... Pitfalls of life down under - it takes forever for TV to hit our screens!

That's the one! The background music was hardly beareable

3 hours ago, Kittikatz said:

What on earth is up with Cougars? And locking a door to keep them out LAMO....

We have a huge, largely undeveloped river valley running through our city, plus a large network of ravines. Apparently, people love this and its a huge source of pride to be so close to nature. I dont get it... Anyway, Cougars, bears, dear, elk and the occasional moose all wander through our majestic inner city wilderness, as do wild boars, badgers, foxes,coyotes, Canada Goose, ducks, hawks and eagles and other assorted wild and unpleasant animals. As long as you don't corner them or do something stupid like put yourself between them and their babies or let your small animal off leash for a run, they will pretty much leave you alone. That said, some areas of the river valley are so wild, you darn well better have bear spray, and be prepared to use it against the coyotes and bears... Very occasionally, a hungry cougar will take out a jogger or cross country skiier (usually in more mountainous areas with a deficiency in prey species - the joggers look like fleeing prey to the poor things, who are usually starving by that point), and there have been a couple of incidents of coyotes unsucessfully trying to take small children (again starving, not normal behaviour), but mostly, coyotes and birds of prey love to nom on small, unsupervised house pets (people are keeping them inside more because of this risk). Geese, on the other hand, are pure fucking evil and love to chase/hurt people for fun. Someone I know had her arm broken by a blow from a wing. Elk and moose also seem to enjoy messing people up if they get a chance, esp. during rutt. But all this aside, with the exception of geese - if you leave them alone, most wild animals are thrilled to return the favour...

The one good thing about all of these creatures - none of them know how to open a door or window or have the faintest desire to wander into houses (with the exception of bears, and only in rural areas)... the closest I've had to a wild creature entering my house was when a hawk tried to strike through a window to get to my cat, who was passed out asleep on the window seat. The hawk bounced off, leaving a confused cat and a fascinating print of feathers on the glass. When I looked outside, the silly thing was standing on the lawn, shaking it's head. Glass was obviously a new concept for it...

Typical, ignorant Dullards to be scared of a bit of wildlife... Gods fobid they educate themselves and take proper precautions....

Okay, now I HAVE to ask: Where is this mystical place you live in?

36 minutes ago, eclairaupistache said:

That's the one! The background music was hardly beareable

Am I reading your name correctly: eclair a up is tache?

If it's not too rude, what does it say on the end of your pickle?

15 minutes ago, Kak said:

Can I guess?  a dessert with pistachios?

I wanted to know about the pickle writing too

I've finally got to watch the first episode, here a just a few of my views:

I really like this Jessa. I didn't on 19 Kids, but she now comes across funny and kind of cool.

I can't believe how grown up Jed and Jer are looking.

Spurge is the cutest baby ever and Jessa is besotted with him.

John David has the personality of a potato.

Ben is a bit of a tool.

Jana actually talks!

The fall feast actually looks good. (I can't snark at the pre-made food and the 'we can't cook'. I'm one of those never cooking people, my dinner this evening was 6 chocolate ice cream cones, 2 cigarettes and a drink of pepsi straight out of a big bottle. If I'm feeling adventurous I will cook a frozen pizza or oven chips (again from frozen). Yes, I'm aware that is terrible for a 30 year old.)

Jill and Derick's view from the terrace is amazing. Their home was a bit untidy, but again I can't snark because I don't do housework (that said, I don't have a TV crew that comes into my home the only thing that sees the inside of my flat is my cat and he's not going to judge me!)

Derick's face looks weird after the surgery.

Johannah and the squirty cream was adorable.

9 hours ago, lascuba said:

I'm going to nitpick a bit and say that in that episode Jessa the Vain Bitch was the only one who was against that gag gift and said it was a mean joke to pull in Erin. Sweet Jilly  Muffin, on the other hand, was super enthusiastic about presenting Erin with that "gift." Proving that Jill really is her father's daughter.

just another reason to hate this vile family when they do not show kindness.... Jesus would be pissed I'm afraid 

1 hour ago, JillyO said:

Okay, now I HAVE to ask: Where is this mystical place you live in?

Mystical?

You have got to be kidding me. 

The City is Edmonton, Alberta in Canada, and we seem to suffer from a collective confusion as to the difference between squares, parks and greenspaces. This has led to our very deep river valley becoming this City's sacred cow "largest urban park in the world". Despite the fact that large portions of it are bloody dangerous to use, we have a huge trail network spanning the entire system, and outdoorsy types do love to use them. There are parks inside of the river valley wilderness, and some of those are very nice (but stay the fuck away from the Canada Geese), but outside of the parks, unless you are right downtown (yes it goes through the middle of downtown, and there are some residential developments in the flats around this part of the valley), it isn't a place many people who are aware of what lives in it want to go without a group of people and/or dogs.

It's good they kept the valley fairly pristine all the way from the Rockies into Saskatchewan. I'm a house kat, so the whole place makes my skin crawl, but it does form a huge migration corridor that lets animals funnel to and from the mountains in relative safety, and like I said, most are very happy to be left alone by us...

We do have park rangers and fish and wildlife officers in the city to help any animals that get lost or turned around on their way through. Every year, it seems like a highway or road is closed because of yearling moose tromping along it looking for a way out of town, and we occasionally get bear cubs in trees or baby coyotes lost in subdivisions. The men and women in green work with police and do a great job tranquillizing these creatures and safey relocating them outside the City. It's rare that any of them have to be shot.

It's also super entertaining to give animal safety talks to friends who visit from the less wild parts of the world :D

The river valley:

http://www.edmonton.ca/city_government/city_organization/river-valley.aspx

Parks in the river valley:

http://www.edmonton.ca/activities_parks_recreation/parks_rivervalley/river-valley-parks.aspx

As a Cougar aside, I was having coffee with my rexes in a screen porch attached to a cabin outside Japser. They were chattering at me and each other and having a fab time rolling around on the floor as I planned where we were going that day, when a Cougar walked right up to the porch, looked through the screen and screed (inhaled our scent, loudly through the roof of her mouth) at us. The rexes looked shocked for a minute, then bounded over to the window to look at her (no sense of self preservation). I went with, because you do not run from predators and these cats are my babies. I thought worst case scenario, if she backs up and looks like shes going to jump through the screen, I could probably grab them and, nuke the porch with bear spray, and get back into the cabin proper. My little idiots sat staring at her and talking while rubbing happliy against me, and the poor Cougar just looked so bloody confused as to what the heck these happy little cats in hoodies were.... She wandered off, but the cats thought it was amazing. I may have added a couple of shots of Bailies to my next cup of coffee...

It's funny that the kids say things on the show that reveal the inner workings of the family. In the first episode, Jinger said they had to make it look like they knew how to cook and Jessa repeatedly insisted she sucked at cooking. Joking aside, we know how little Michelle prepared the girls to be perfect homemakers.

I checked out TLC's short video for the second episode and Jessa says, "A lot of us kids are really great at talking about our big ideas, but when it comes to getting something done, you gotta get Jana involved." While she probably meant this as a compliment to her older sister, it's true that Jana has to do a lot of grown-up shit for the family because the parents won't step in. Jessa can't even get new lights on her own, she's gotta get Jana to help her out. TLC staging the whole thing is a possibility.

If you are lucky enough to see a cougar, you're not in too much danger.  Cougars are stealth hunters and are generally quite cowardly when they are out in the open/know they've been spotted.  

But that's the issue with cougars: they are excellent stealth hunters.

People go overboard for cougar sightings because there is a good chance that in the wild, a cougar will find you before you find it.  And while they usually have to be pretty hungry to try for a full-grown, healthy adult (when predators attack other predators solo, they generally only go after ones much smaller than themselves), a young child doesn't pose too much of a threat to them.  My friend's school had a few cougars skulk the playground growing up.

My uncle has land up in the mountains, and this was one of his first wilderness lessons to me:

"You can fight a bear, you can fight a wolf, you can fight a coyote.  You may not win, but you can fight them.  But you'll never fight a cougar.  Damn thing will either flee before you know what you saw or win the battle before you even knew it was there.  Bear tracks, wolf tracks, you can take your chances.  But if you see cougar tracks, you never, ever keep going.  You get out of there and get into the open as soon as you can." ~Uncle Bob, Green Beret US Army Rangers, Combat Veteran, SAR Cheif, Mountaineer 

7 minutes ago, season of life said:

It's funny that the kids say things on the show that reveal the inner workings of the family. In the first episode, Jinger said they had to make it look like they knew how to cook and Jessa repeatedly insisted she sucked at cooking. Joking aside, we know how little Michelle prepared the girls to be perfect homemakers.

Jessa is dangerous.  She fixed a meal for 22 people and fed them 6 lbs. of butter. That's more than 1/4 lb. of butter per person, which is 810 calories of butter per person.  The calories in butter are 99% fat. 

On that episode, when they talked about the cooks in the family, they only mention Jill and Jana.  One of the twin boys, Jeremiah, said that all of his sisters are "the best cooks in the family."  NOBODY mentions Michelle, who has been raising kids for 28 years! (There are no fond memories of Mom's home cooking in this family.)

The girls didn't even know how to boil potatoes in water and apparently had never seen anybody do that before. :my_confused:

2 hours ago, anotherone said:

Can I guess?  a dessert with pistachios?

I wanted to know about the pickle writing too

2 hours ago, Kak said:

I read it as "eclair au pistache", so literally a pistachio eclair.

3 minutes ago, just...sare said:

I read it as "eclair au pistache", so literally a pistachio eclair.

I get it now! Thank you.

33 minutes ago, season of life said:

I checked out TLC's short video for the second episode and Jessa says, "A lot of us kids are really great at talking about our big ideas, but when it comes to getting something done, you gotta get Jana involved." While she probably meant this as a compliment to her older sister, it's true that Jana has to do a lot of grown-up shit for the family because the parents won't step in. Jessa can't even get new lights on her own, she's gotta get Jana to help her out. TLC staging the whole thing is a possibility.

but this whole light fixture thing is just so scripted and scripted badly 

ben needs to go in the attic 

JD and others come over 

jessa stares at the attic 

something happens 

his hat flies of 

jessa freaks out 

all to put pot lights in a bedroom - I have pot lights in my kitchen 

plus if they adopt another kid - they will move 

the pot lights is the new elephant in the room - get brighter bulbs 

end of show 

• Coconut Flan pinned this topic