IGNORED

Jill & Jessa Counting On, Regular Season 1 - Part 2

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I know I wrote Joe in the recap but it was definitely JD... and he is truly a douchebag, even by duggar standards.

@happy atheist May I propose "surviving off the contents of my purse" as a post count title?

I thought the purse comment was funny *hangs my head in shame*.  However, my purse is the size of a small suitcase.  The suitcase fits nicely inside my minivan.  If you are not aware, the minivan is the non-grifting soccer mom version of the RV.  If I could take the minivan to a deserted island, we could all survive for weeks on stale fries and broken crayons.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Chelio93 said:

I thought the purse comment was funny *hangs my head in shame*.  However, my purse is the size of a small suitcase.  The suitcase fits nicely inside my minivan.  If you are not aware, the minivan is the non-grifting soccer mom version of the RV.  If I could take the minivan to a deserted island, we could all survive for weeks on stale fries and broken crayons.

I thought it was funny too. I don't carry a purse but man, I know a lot of women who could survive quite well on the stuff they manage to cram in their purses. I work with someone who comes in every day with a huge purse, a stuffed backpack, a small gym bag and a large handbag. No clue what-all she's got in there as I've never had the guts to ask. 

Longtime lurker, first time poster...

Seeing how the older girls essentially raised their younger siblings, I am confused when Jessa complains about how difficult 24/hr care is.  I know people have speculated that she wasn't a very good buddy leader and maybe it's starting to show.

I always feel sad when Joy shows how much she misses Jill. Of everyone to facetime at the eye doctor, she picked the sibling who wasn't in the country.

Does Sierra have ADD or some other hyperactivity disorder? I don't know how else she can keep it all together and not end up in the corner curled up in a ball rocking back and forth.  She needs to share her energy with me.

3 minutes ago, SingingBaritone said:

Seeing how the older girls essentially raised their younger siblings, I am confused when Jessa complains about how difficult 24/hr care is.  I know people have speculated that she wasn't a very good buddy leader and maybe it's starting to show.

I always feel sad when Joy shows how much she misses Jill. Of everyone to facetime at the eye doctor, she picked the sibling who wasn't in the country.

Does Sierra have ADD or some other hyperactivity disorder? I don't know how else she can keep it all together and not end up in the corner curled up in a ball rocking back and forth.  She needs to share her energy with me.

Welcome

sierra considers her children an army of God maybe they have superpowers.

jessa I get the impression never actually did anything -just like now.

jessa is an abrasive person and it's becoming more evident

On March 23, 2016 at 4:04 PM, nst said:

jessa I get the impression never actually did anything -just like now.

jessa is an abrasive person and it's becoming more evident

I totally agree! I think Jessa probably spent a lot of time "organizing" or telling people what to do, but not actually doing much work herself.

3 minutes ago, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

I totally agree! I think Jessa probably spent a lot of time "organizing" or telling people what to do, but not actually doing much work herself.

I can't harp on her too much on that. I am an amazing delegater. :-)

1 minute ago, SingingBaritone said:

But you probably aren't planning on having a million kids to take care of either.  Her delegating skills may come in handy when the eldest are oh, 8 or 10 or so. But when she's got a slew of kids under 7? not so much.

On March 23, 2016 at 4:35 PM, SingingBaritone said:

Definitely not making fun of Duggars who delegate, provided they roll their sleeves up and actually work along side the others. I just never got the feeling Jessa does her fair share.

On March 23, 2016 at 4:38 PM, quiverofdoubt said:

But you probably aren't planning on having a million kids to take care of either.  Her delegating skills may come in handy when the eldest are oh, 8 or 10 or so. But when she's got a slew of kids under 7? not so much.

Especially since her husband is also a child.

I didn't watch, so may be putting the wrong context to the purse comment  - that said, it sounded like the ribbing that the men in my family do toward me and my mom for our huge, overloaded purses lol. My dad calls them feedbags, if that helps the visual :my_biggrin: haha

2 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

She is only 26.  Less than one third of her "life" is behind her. (Nowadays an expected lifetime is 90 years.)

I agree that it is unlikely that Jana will leave and even more unlikely that she would take an underage sibling with her.  But I disagree that leaving would make her "entire life" meaningless.  For one thing, even if she realizes there is more to life than Gothard, pregnancies and tater-tots, Jana can always look back with satisfaction on what she has done for her family.  The babies she cared for and the ways in which she helped run the house don't lose meaning because she suddenly realizes that she wants a life of her own.  Secondly, as she pursues a life of her own--gets an education, an entry-level job, whatever--she would be pursuing new meaning.

What she would lose in an "escape" would be the people she loves, friends as well as family. And she doesn't know anything that she can escape to.  It is not as if she clearly has something she badly wants to do that will compensate for what she will give up.  

The only way I see Jana--or, Jinger or Joy--leaving is if she meets a guy she comes to trust and fall in love with,  who isn't part of the cult and who has no wish to become part of the cult.  If such a guy asks her to leave with him and marry without JB's consent, Jana might go for it.  Otherwise I think she will stay in the fold.

Even if any of the girls were head over heels for such a guy, that would still be a very big ask. 

(edit) Though eloping with a guy might be the only way to do it

23 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Jana TH - I'm not just out to get married to the first one who comes along.  Sometimes its tempting and its like "I really want to be married" because in those moments where your sibling are married with little ones, going out on dates... its a weird in between stage because I'm not a younger one and i'm not an older one married with kids.  Just being busy with where god has me right now and being content in this place and learning, and going on with life.

It grates on my nerves how in their family/cult a person isn't treated like an adult until they're married. She's older than some of her married sisters and yet she (and her parents) seem to act like she's younger than them simply because they're married. 

My extended family (who thank goodness live out of state) do this to me too. I didn't get my own wedding invitation to a relatives wedding, I was added onto my parents' invitations with an "and family." I was 35-years-old at the time. 35 and I'm considered a child while my 21-year-old second cousin is an adult because she's married. Thank goodness I wasn't raised in a cult, so my response to not getting my own invitation was, "Screw this shit, if I'm not getting my own invitation then not only am I not attending the wedding, they're not getting a present from me either."

I just wish I could pull Jana aside and say, "Just because you're not married, that doesn't make Jessa and Jill older or more mature than you . . . and also, way to show restraint in not sucker punching your Dad every time you're near him. I don't know how you do it." 

IIRC wasn't Jessa's job in the TTH laundry? If so judging by how much they did she probably didn't have time to do anything else. I remember Michele asking for someone to help Jessa. I'm not defending her just trying to remember what everyone was assigned to do. 

23 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

And this is just so bizarre. They're so invested in traditional jinder roles, and now they're extolling these young ladies' more masculine pursuits/talents? It's just bizarre.

This entire show seems to be about damage control. I feel like the producers sat down and made a list of all the things they've been criticized for on the Internet and they're systematically working their way through the list this season. 

2 hours ago, SingingBaritone said:

Sierra looks exhausted, if you ask me. She looked like she was barely holding it together. And she looked very relieved that her husband was taking the three oldest boys out of the house. 

4 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

There are only four kids who are ten-years-old or younger.  Any mother should be able to handle four kids all by themselves.   If Michelle can't do that, something is mentally or physically wrong with her and maybe it is Michelle who needs to be supervised by Jana.

The ailment Michelle suffers from is known as laziness (Latin for: doesn't want to get off her butt and raise her own children.)

Oh my,  that was a snooze.  And Jana looked over it during her interview.  I can't imagine any of the questions caught her off guard, so why would she truly appear to be so unprepared?  I mean,  the 5 year question is common and not all that hard. 

Jana is just dull to me.  Not her fault as I think she had the personality snuffed out in her, but she is just dull.  The only time she is animated is when she is talking to one of the babies. 

I was doing A LOT of eye rolling during last nights episode. 

Sad that Joy couldn't go get her glasses by herself but had to take a buddy.  And if she knew she wasn't going to be able to make a decision on her own, why not take Jana or Jinger?  Jennifer seems totally over the family.  #FreeJennifer

Jessa is such a diva.  Just sitting around her house barking orders at everyone.  I don't know why she had Jana come over and discuss lighting ideas with her, she knew what she wanted and just made Jana work for it.

On the previews for next week where Jessa leaves Ben alone with SES, they show him being timid to change a diaper  ... but yet in everything up to this point they have said that Ben does all the diaper changing. 

Interesting that there really wasn't too much on Jill and Derrick, even when a lot of the family was over there playing Christmas Elves.  I mean, her name is in the title. 

I wonder why Jana is no longer spunky. 

38 minutes ago, Snarkylark said:

Sierra looks exhausted, if you ask me. She looked like she was barely holding it together. And she looked very relieved that her husband was taking the three oldest boys out of the house. 

This is what I thought too.  And someone said it upthread, but I can't believe Jessa took SES over there with his cold.  Maybe all of Sierra's kids had a cold too so it didn't matter.  

23 minutes ago, calimojo said:

Jana looked over it during her interview.  I can't imagine any of the questions caught her off guard, so why would she truly appear to be so unprepared?  

Editing? ;)

On the preview for next week's episode, Jinger looks like she really wants to say 'yes' when the producer asks her if she's interested in somebody. It's also ridiculous how they keep pressing the courtship topic (especially on Jana) just to keep their viewers coming back. 

3 hours ago, SingingBaritone said:

Jessa was the leader of Jordyn's buddy group. I have never seen a child who looked so neglected.

Aside from dressing Jordyn and doing some basic care, we have never seen Jordyn interacting with Jessa. It seemed like Jessa didn't feed Jordyn. Once Justin made the poor child some cold iinstant oatmeal from tap water. Jessa allowed Jordyn to roam all over the TTH all by herself even on that giant staircase. So I doubt that Jessa invested very much time or energy raising poor Jordyn.

Jessa and Sierra front hugged. What are the rules on hugging non family members? When they were praying before they went to CA, and JB kept saying how dangerous it was, Jackson looked like he was crying. Way to terrify your kids JB. And how many times did they have to mention the danger? We got it, TLC. This was so boring.

• Criscat locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived