IGNORED

Jill & Jessa Counting On, Regular Season 1 - Part 2

Coconut Flan

Huge KUDOS to @DuggarWatch and @allthegoodnamesrgone for the insight regarding Anna and the timeline.  I believe you are 100% correct that Joshley was whisked away to Prayhab before Anna could get good and angry and start asking the hard questions & demanding answers.  I wouldn't be surprised if she is "stuck" at that point in dealing with her emotions and feelings.

(And for what it's worth, I caught my idiot ex cheating at 2:00 a.m. on a holiday, when most of our friends and family were out of town. I was So. Furious. And wanted to scream it from the rooftops what I just caught him doing. So I started screaming at him and called him every name in the book + a thousand more. And threw her out very quickly and threatened to call the cops if she entered my property again.)

All the next right words, thoughts, and 15 minutes aside, she was many months of unexpressed, unresolved feelings and yuck to get out of her system. And a thousand hard questions. I hope and pray she has the freedom and space to do that.

Just watched the Sharon Osbourne video clip.  Wowza!  You go, Sharon!!!

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, FJ -- do we have a viewing party scheduled for 7:00 central?  Is Buzzard doing the recap?

The viewer guide for TLC gives this info: "New, Recount: At Home & Away." Israel hitting milestones as Jill and Derrick make their home in Central America. Meanwhile, Jessa asks her sisters for help with a fall feast for the Duggar family.

**I realize it says "New," but it sounds more like last week's leftovers with a big spoonful of cream of crap soup to make us bite.

23 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

Anna said:

"He had accounts set up on websites that were set up specifically for having an affair and cheating on your spouse, and it was just feeling like your world instantly shattered. How? Where? Why? Just all of those questions running through your mind. It was overwhelming."

Unrelated, but I hate how Anna (and other Duggar girls) always use third or second person to describe their own feelings.  It makes no sense!

On 2016-03-19 at 8:32 PM, BullyJBG said:

Joseph has been reported to have read the whole Bible in one year. Michelle talks about falling asleep to the CDs of someone reading the Bible aloud. Joseph is pretty quiet; we never know what he's really thinking about what he's reading. We know they know the basics; the stories of Jesus being born at Christmas, dying and rising again at Easter, and Noah's ark, as they acted in such a play. Actually, come to think of it, something was off with Jimbob and Michelle acting out the story of Jesus and the Samaritan woman at the well. Gotta re-watch that one.

Okay, watched it. Yes; the "off" part is when Jimbob played Jesus and instead of asking the woman "go call your husband and come back" he asked "are you married?" And then, "you're right; you've been married 4 times". They may have edited the part where Jesus said "and the man you have now is not your husband". They say, in the book and on their show "we don't leave out any parts of the Bible". So yeah, now that gets me curious what Joseph and them may have discussed when it came to Song of Solomon and Ezekiel and the Genesis stories like with Lot's daughters and Abraham's relationships with Sarah and Hagar. But, again, interpretation, right? Their Bible Time telling the story of Noah was very much like Sunday school growing up.

I have the Counting show on. It is just so unsafe there in Cintral America that I think I have to pray!! I am nervous. And, do cougars eat many people in DangerousCintraAmerica? I don't hear of it on CNN, but they are so worldly, maybe they wouldn't report it. Cougar takes a bite of a missionary might be a good headline. 

Sorry, the show is so strange. Just saw that cute baby sleeping on the bed loaded with blankets. 

And, I guess maybe JessaBin used some TLC money for the nice van, or else it belongs to Daddy-O. 

They can't cook. But Jessa has gotten better. Says Jinger. All so strange. Just ramblin' here so disgusted.

4 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I have the Counting show on. It is just so unsafe there in Cintral America that I think I have to pray!! I am nervous. And, do cougars eat many people in DangerousCintraAmerica? I don't hear of it on CNN, but they are so worldly, maybe they wouldn't report it. Cougar takes a bite of a missionary might be a good headline. 

Sorry, the show is so strange. Just saw that cute baby sleeping on the bed loaded with blankets. 

And, I guess maybe JessaBin used some TLC money for the nice van, or else it belongs to Daddy-O. 

They can't cook. But Jessa has gotten better. Says Jinger. All so strange. Just ramblin' here so disgusted.

so far it's the same  over and over again from this past week 

commercial for next week's ep - ben goes in the attic 

riveting 

that and gun fire in Central america 

Jana likes to behind the scenes 

guess she doesn't deliver babies anymore 

3 minutes ago, nst said:

riveting 

I think maybe the cougar got a gun somewhere. (Sorry, can't help it) If you close and lock the doors at night are you safe from the cougar?????????

16 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I think maybe the cougar got a gun somewhere. (Sorry, can't help it) If you close and lock the doors at night are you safe from the cougar?????????

There are cougars in Arkansas, too.  

11 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

There are cougars in Arkansas, too.  

No, really? If so, why the big deal that they saw one. I guess in the Ozarks. Maybe.

35 minutes ago, nst said:

riveting 

Does he change a lightbulb?  Someone predicted that would be the next plot :)

Just now, anotherone said:

Does he change a lightbulb?  Someone predicted that would be the next plot :)

he was looking for wiring 

2 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

Unrelated, but I hate how Anna (and other Duggar girls) always use third or second person to describe their own feelings.  It makes no sense!

I do this. Might be semi related to dialect? I know many people that fo this. 

I think it also maybe makes the audience (assume a better speaker than Anna) consider their own potential feelings in a similar situation. 

20 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I don't know about the Duggars' reading level, but according to Bible Gateway (a good source for multiple translations of the Bible) the reading level required for understanding the KJV is twelfth grade. And I can attest from experience that the average college freshman will have trouble with 17th century English. (King James Version was completed in 1611.)  That being said, a lot depends on what standard you use to determine reading level.  The sentence structure of the KJV (and most Bibles) is simple.  The problem is vocabulary and some archaic grammatical structures.  I could see the KJV being accessible to people reading at seventh or eighth grade level if they had a gloss or some other type of vocabulary support.

Returning to the Duggars, they may well have vocabulary support as they try to read the Bible, but I suspect that they rely heavily on interpretations by folks like Gothard.  It is really ironic that some of the most enthusiastic adherents of "read the Bible for yourself, don't rely on priests to tell you what to believe," are incapable of reading the Bible for themselves.

Are we certain they use the KJV? It seems awfully "high church" for them. (I'm mainline UCC and it's our preferred version.) Other members of my family are fundie/fundie-lite and they prefer the New International Version (NIV) or Living Bible. Both have simpler, less archaic language and more modern grammatical construction. 

4 minutes ago, Antimony said:

I do this. Might be semi related to dialect? I know many people that fo this. 

I think it also maybe makes the audience (assume a better speaker than Anna) consider their own potential feelings in a similar situation. 

I guess it bothers me because it makes it seem like she is removing ownership over her own feelings.  She should say how SHE feels, not how the audience might feel in a similar situation.  (Although I doubt its intentional, it's probably just how she is used to speaking).  

In a club I was apart of during college, one of the agreements was to use your "I" voice.  Basically, you state how you feel, rather than speak for a whole.  It forces you to own your statements.  I wish somebody would tell Anna to use her "I" voice.

3 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

That's one technique children are taught for avoiding becoming emotionally invested in how they feel. Some adults do it on their own to create a distance between them and their feelings, but when employed regularly, I tend to view it as pretty good indication that there was or is a huge amount of emotional oppression going on...

I finally figured out the difference in the relationship between Ben and Jessa - 

in the courtships eps - mostly duggar in cuffs episode 

or any other for that fact 

Jessa is the one who is sworly and crabby - while Ben was all eager and sexed - now all of a sudden it has changed. Ben is now sworly and crabby and Jessa is all eager and whatever 

is sworly a word ? you know the word - what captains are - is it crabby? 

2 minutes ago, nst said:

I finally figured out the difference in the relationship between Ben and Jessa - 

in the courtships eps - mostly duggar in cuffs episode 

or any other for that fact 

Jessa is the one who is sworly and crabby - while Ben was all eager and sexed - now all of a sudden it has changed. Ben is now sworly and crabby and Jessa is all eager and whatever 

is sworly a word ? you know the word - what captains are - is it crabby? 

Surly?

4 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

Anna most likely does that to distance herself from it. She properly is in a stage of grief where she is denying it really happened to her. If she talks about it in third person it's as if it happened to somebody else. Makes it less real and therefore hurt less. 

Of course this will only work in the short term. In order for any true healing to begin she is going to have to start being honest with herself. This happened. Your perfect marriage was a fraud. You have four young kids and little education to fall back on. Now what? That's got to be scary.

On the other hand everybody is physically healthy. Your father-in-law will pay the bills (for now) and let you stay under their huge roof. It is a place where she can pick up the pieces.  

8 minutes ago, GreenTea said:

Anna most likely does that to distance herself from it. She properly is in a stage of grief where she is denying it really happened to her. If she talks about it in third person it's as if it happened to somebody else. Makes it less real and therefore hurt less. 

Of course this will only work in the short term. In order for any true healing to begin she is going to have to start being honest with herself. This happened. Your perfect marriage was a fraud. You have four young kids and little education to fall back on. Now what? That's got to be scary.

On the other hand everybody is physically healthy. Your father-in-law will pay the bills (for now) and let you stay under their huge roof. It is a place where she can pick up the pieces.  

Yeah, and I definitely remember Jill doing it in the Megyn Kelly interviews and stuff.  It just grates my ears. (Like most of the things the Duggars say haha)

3 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

No, really? If so, why the big deal that they saw one. I guess in the Ozarks. Maybe.

There are cougars all over the western US.  They wander into neighborhoods sometimes and they've been known to eat backyard chickens. They don't hunt people or stalk them. They're generally afraid of people and are not like rabid lions out for blood like we're apparently supposed to believe from Derrick. Well, I guess they have been known to hang out in trees...wouldn't want to walk by and hear one growling at me. 

2 hours ago, Lillymuffin said:

Are we certain they use the KJV? It seems awfully "high church" for them. (I'm mainline UCC and it's our preferred version.) Other members of my family are fundie/fundie-lite and they prefer the New International Version (NIV) or Living Bible. Both have simpler, less archaic language and more modern grammatical construction. 

According to the FAQ page on The  Duggar Family blog they use KJV "primarily."  My understanding is that ATI/IBLP folks believe that the KJV is the best version, the one that God chose for the preservation of His Word in English.  

Knowing the Duggars, it is entirely possible that they use a more accessible version when no one is looking.  On the other hand, it is equally possible that they just memorize KJV passages without understanding.

I just watched the episode on youtube. there are a few things I noticed:

1. The group dynamic between Jana, Jinger, Jessa and Joy is much more relaxed and balanced than when Jill was there (sorry to say that) It was nice to see them interact without Jill constantly dominating the conversation.

2. With Jill and Jessa out of the house, Jana and Jinger seem more outgoing. It's time to shine for them. It's also more work for them in the TTH but without Jessa and Jill dominating each and every move they are freer.

3. The eyeliner on Jana and Jinger is waaay over the top....

4. Anna just looked depressed and like a victim who had been held captive for years and freed, completely traumatized. When she was talking in front of the family in Jessa's house, Jana gave her that "what the f*ck are you even trying to justify, just get out of there, girl!!" (That's just my imagination, Jana was probably thinking: Thank God I'm not married, or I'd probably have to deal with this).

I agree Anna's talking at the dinner at Jessa's house was extremely odd.  Something about how Josh You Ah was appreciative of the support of his family?  And Jana looked like Say What?  JD said while they still spoke the relationship was not the same, and it screwed up the deal with TLC.  Caused them all a lot of misery and they are pissed off.  Why can't they do that.  It is the truth they shall not speak.

• Coconut Flan pinned this topic
  • Criscat locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived