IGNORED

Priss and Pecan: Texas Gleanin' - Part 2

Boogalou

David looks like a manic fundie James Bond on those water skis. He wasn't using his creepy voice either.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/16/2016 at 9:43 AM, Palimpsest said:

I didn't really notice the Waller family until David and Priscilla's wedding in 2012.  Around that time, an anonymous poster on either TWoP or DWoP (not here) claimed that David Waller was Gothard's personal assistant at IBLP and always right at his elbow. The poster claimed to know what he was talking about having been on staff at HQ himself.  This was after Gothard had been told he could no longer have female PAs by the board, so it has some credibility.

I have no doubt this is true re: the Dave/Gothard connection.  It's been quite a while, but some time ago I was going through old JTTH photos looking for faces I'd recognize.  You know..the photo album they put together and post after each session/class (whatever they call it).  I saw quite a few candids of Dave right at Gothard's side.  Eating together, praying over people together (each holding a hand on the pray-ee), boarding vehicles together, etc.  David never seemed to be more than 3 feet away, and he was a constant presence in the photos of Gothard.  I think the photos were on Living The Journey, but can't seem to find where they were now.  I recall them all being on one page.  
When news broke about the lawsuit, my first thought was how this was going to affect our Pecan Thief.  I'd think he's at least been deposed.

eta:  It would appear that the 'Photo Gallery' for LivingTheJourney.com is empty now.  When I click on the tab  there's nothing.  Does this surprise me?  Umm, Nope  

1 hour ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

eta:  It would appear that the 'Photo Gallery' for LivingTheJourney.com is empty now.  When I click on the tab  there's nothing.  Does this surprise me?  Umm, Nope  

Wow, they really deleted all the pictures, but like you said, no surprise here.....

3 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

Wow, they really deleted all the pictures, but like you said, no surprise here.....

And there were scads of pics going back to 2007.  :my_sad:

Just now, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

I know, and I have to admit my guilty pleasure sifting through them all......

2 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

When news broke about the lawsuit, my first thought was how this was going to affect our Pecan Thief.  I'd think he's at least been deposed.

My theory is that Pecan a. had a pretty good idea about what BG had been getting up to because he was indeed his personal assistant and b. saw the writing on the wall and switched his allegiance from BG to the Board of Directors even as they forced BG to resign.  Pecan is smart and followed the power and money.  He is the BoD's blue-eyed boy these days.

I certainly believe you all about the wiping of the photographic evidence.  It is taking them time but IBLP is gradually trying to remove evidence of Gothard.

I think some photos may have been preserved on the individual blogs of people who attended the Journey.  Chad Paine's blog may have some - he seemed practically to live at Northwoods and led many a Journey prior to marrying Erin Bates.  I should look.

11 minutes ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

I hate when they delete stuff.  Its why I take screen grabs whenever I can!

26 minutes ago, uber frau said:

How is the Wayback machine for stuff like this?

There's captures of a good bit of stuff, but the galleries are gone.

I can never get over when prissy thanked David in a post for "forgiving her when she falls short". I remember someone posted a few boards back but it still really resonates now. I feel the further he moves up the IBLP ladder the more prissy won't be able to keep up. She's probably always afraid and just trying to walk in a straight line. A small part of me really feels for her.

I feel for Prissy too.  Even though she's drowning in Kool-Aid she seems like a nice girl.  I think that he is more controlling than he lets the public know about and that she's somewhat afraid of him.

I also think marriage was necessary for TFDW to move up the ladder within IBLP.   He probably picked Priscilla first for her ties to the Duggar family and second for how much Kool Aid she's drunk.

TFDW made a family YouTube video just hours after Davia was born.  Most husbands would at least let their wife rest and not film her so soon after giving birth.  

Yet he's the pick of the litter when it comes to the (still fundie) Keller sisters.  John Shrader, Josh Duggar, David Waller.  Mike Keller sure does know how to pick husbands for his daughters.

18 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I feel for Prissy too.  Even though she's drowning in Kool-Aid she seems like a nice girl.  I think that he is more controlling than he lets the public know about and that she's somewhat afraid of him.

I also think marriage was necessary for TFDW to move up the ladder within IBLP.   He probably picked Priscilla first for her ties to the Duggar family and second for how much Kool Aid she's drunk.

TFDW made a family YouTube video just hours after Davia was born.  Most husbands would at least let their wife rest and not film her so soon after giving birth.  

Yet he's the pick of the litter when it comes to the (still fundie) Keller sisters.  John Shrader, Josh Duggar, David Waller.  Mike Keller sure does know how to pick husbands for his daughters.

I think he wants his own reality show or have one of those church telecast every Sunday. Something about him makes me think he's verbally abusive. Not the type to call her names, but reprimand her and read verses to her, telling her to be more like Sarah, Ruth or whatever biblical wife.

He makes me more uncomfortable than any other fundie husband because he hides it well by showing off and seeming so fun. Even his section of "our story" on one of those joanieloveschachi blog spots, is absurdly longer compare to most. He's a class A narcissist.

@Exjw2015deed if you have time and want to fall down a rabbit hole, their entire wedding ceremony is on Youtube (includes Gothard speaking).  

When I looked it up on youtube, there is also a musical performance of Erin, Alyssa, and Tori Bates at the wedding.   (It was a separate video) 

I believe this (very edited) wedding was featured on 19 Kids.  The wedding party included Josh, Anna, Jana, a Lost Girl (Johannah or Jennifer) and the oldest 2 M kids (Marcus and Meredith weren't born).   WTF fundie families had a ball with the episode.

4 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

@Exjw2015deed if you have time and want to fall down a rabbit hole, their entire wedding ceremony is on Youtube (includes Gothard speaking).  

When I looked it up on youtube, there is also a musical performance of Erin, Alyssa, and Tori Bates at the wedding.   (It was a separate video) 

I believe this (very edited) wedding was featured on 19 Kids.  The wedding party included Josh, Anna, Jana, a Lost Girl (Johannah or Jennifer) and the oldest 2 M kids (Marcus and Meredith weren't born).   WTF fundie families had a ball with the episode.

Down the hole I go. Prepare the bleach for when I return.

16 minutes ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Down the hole I go. Prepare the bleach for when I return.

Is that Erin Bates Hulk Smashing (tm) the piano in the opening sequence?

33 minutes ago, Exjw2015deed said:

I think he wants his own reality show or have one of those church telecast every Sunday. Something about him makes me think he's verbally abusive. Not the type to call her names, but reprimand her and read verses to her, telling her to be more like Sarah, Ruth or whatever biblical wife.

He makes me more uncomfortable than any other fundie husband because he hides it well by showing off and seeming so fun. Even his section of "our story" on one of those joanieloveschachi blog spots, is absurdly longer compare to most. He's a class A narcissist.

He reminds me of the clerk, Jankyn, in "The Wife of Bath's Prologue" who reads to her from his "Book of Wicked Wives" every night a barrage of antifeminist/misogynist tripe until she gets fed up and rips pages out of the book and knocks the shit out of him.

I don't see Prissy ever doing anything like that, but I could see him constantly giving her lessons on how she should be the perfect Biblical wife.

19 minutes ago, Exjw2015deed said:

He did not make them turn to the end of their programs to sing a song together, then proceed to direct them like they're a fucking choir. This is not real life. Damn you

:pb_lol: I see other people have newly suffered through that wedding video too.

11 hours ago, uber frau said:

How is the Wayback machine for stuff like this?

If you do a yahoo search for "journey of the heart iblp" there are some group pictures online. I know it's not the same as the website but its something. 

Wow! I'd never seen the video before  the painfully long vows, Smuggar kissing Anna at the aisle, awkward kisses and rated R cake eating. Blech. Who's got the brain bleach??

2 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

Is that Erin Bates Hulk Smashing (tm) the piano in the opening sequence?

From the brief glimpse of the piano at the beginning of the video, I saw that it was a dude pounding the keys.  Erin did play for Josh and Anna's wedding (at the same church).  

As everything was being set up, 3 Bates girls (Erin, Alyssa, Tori) sang a song.  (It was not actually in the wedding, probably as everyone was walking in).  I've never heard any of them sing, and I thought they did a good job.  

I am not okay. I feel I've been personally victimized by that wedding. From gothard, to director pecan thief. It was all very odd. I demand YouTube to put a viewer discretion warning before that video. 

I stopped 45 minutes in. I couldn't take it. Why would anyone take marriage advice from a geriatric single man? It's not like he took purity vows. He wasn't required to remain unwed. Why wasn't that a red flag in itself? If there were accusations about gothard, no victims to come forward, listening to him speak alone gave me anxiety. I give 10,000 kudos to anyone who was able to finish it. I'm looking back in archives for recaps. Again.... I am not okay. 

:brainbleach:

Has this video been talked about? I skimmed back around Valentine's Day and didn't see it. If so, I apologize.

Spoiler

1.) I would have thought Valentine's day a big no-no for Gothardites. :naughty: It's Popish, heathanish pagan type stuff, right? And too secular. How does celebrating/acknowledging Valentine's Day glorify God (since this crowd likes to make sure God and Jesus are glorified in everything. they. can. possibly. do).

2.) Methinks the Pecan Thief doth protest too much. Check out how awkward he is when he's talking about how Valentine's Day gives the opportunity to celebrate the person you love. "Today is a special day to *treat our spouses extra special*..." (and here, he goes into a cutesy-trying-too-hard tone of voice) "...and to remember how much God...gives us....love to...love the people God has brought into our lives, and I'm *so grateful* for my BEST FRIEND my darling sweetheart Priscilla."

I swear, he all but calls her "buddy." It's very weird and awkward and stilted.

3.) And then Priscilla picks it up and talks about how she's been reading and learning and reading the Bible and learning to communicate and how husbands have different needs....WTF. She's pretty scattered here and isn't on message that I can see.

4.) He looks like he's getting frustrated with her and just wants her to shut up already. I feel really sorry for her. She seems like a genuinely kind-hearted and nice person, and I really hope he treats her well. :(

Oh, and nice loud ass train that interrupts them toward the end of the video.

Whoa. I never need to hear Alyssa sing ever again. So nasal! So awkward! Sometimes... sometimes singing the right notes is not enough.

@19 cats and countingthanks for the ear worm I now have. TFDW's "The Love of God" is something I still have nightmares about. His choir director motions were so over the top, I almost feel embarrassed for him. Almost. 

I feel for Prissy and their 2.5 kids. I still think TFDW would make an amazing Fundie pageant dad for Dah-vee-yah and any other female blessings they might have. "Now Davia, put your hands in the air, SMILE, and say 'MODEST IS HOTTEST'! Yayyyyy!"

9 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I am so terrified and yet tempted to click play...

And since I have nothing better to do today, a recap for everyone:

Priscilla looks very pretty and very happy. Enjoy it while it lasts, honey.

Uh oh, flower girl is showing shoulders. SIN!

The bridesmaid dresses are not the worst fundie bridesmaid dresses I've ever seen (on a scale of my Mormon high school classmate's classy red sheath dresses to the burlap sacks Michael made her sister and mom wear, they're maybe a couple notches below the burlap sacks), but they're giving me flashbacks to my concert choir dress.

The moms are dressed identically. I was hoping for a Bitch Stole My Look catfight, but I think they planned it. Shame.

I don't think Erin is playing the piano, but whoever is clearly has a vendetta against the Steinway company and is whaling on that piano like it wandered off its blanket.

The audio sucks and I can't really hear people singing. Some guy sings a song and the lyrics I can make out are corny as hell. His voice is very "community theatre director's husband who can sort of carry a tune but not enough to deserve getting cast as Sky Masterson". The bridesmaids walk out with Bibles instead of bouquets.

I will say that the LED lights in the tulle bunting is a rather nice decorative touch. There, I said one nice thing.

WAGON OF BABIES.

What in early 90s wedding hell did they make Johannah wear for the sake of modesty?

Jill has to haul Mackynzie down the aisle because she's 2 and is likely not cooperating.

David promises to be an example of Jesus. Well, if Jesus was a kind of effeminate and creepily controlling douchebag who posts weird rambly blog posts about his adventures with his fembot wife, he's doing a bang-up job.

An orchestra plays the screechiest rendition of Hallelujah Chorus for Priscilla's walk down the aisle. Priscilla's dress is your typical Bridal T-Shirt, but it fits her and she looks very pretty.

And the property transfer begins! Priscilla looks thrilled to be regarded as chattel.

Gotta be honest, I had to skip over Bill Gothard because I've already had to buy a new laptop due to liquid damage and I'd rather not projectile vomit all over my new computer.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived