IGNORED

Jana Duggar: Courting or hype?

Kelsey

It's harder for me to do on a phone or tablet, but if you hover over the quote text, a small box with arrows in it will appear on the top left hand corner of the quote box.  When I click on that and then hit delete, the box goes away.   

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Are those the twins? I know the one on the far left in grey is Jeremiah. But is the one in red Jedidiah or Jason? Looks like Jason to me. But I often get some of them mixed up.

Yeah, it's Jason. They all just seem like triplets to me at this point lol. 

Thanks for the advice,FJ'rs. I did click on the little box but it doesn't always work. The quote box didn't come up this time.

I can't tell Jed and Jason apart. At all. Ever. I occasionally can't tell Josiah apart from them, but seriously, my brain CAN'T latch on to anything distinguishing Jed from Jason.

Jeremiah looks (to me) like he's not related closely to his brothers. Oh, genetics...

1 minute ago, Pianokeeper said:

I can't tell Jed and Jason apart. At all. Ever. I occasionally can't tell Josiah apart from them, but seriously, my brain CAN'T latch on to anything distinguishing Jed from Jason.

Jeremiah looks (to me) like he's not related closely to his brothers. Oh, genetics...

All the older Duggar boys after Josh look the same to me: unremarkable. Round face, no strong features, premature balding, and a little soft. Your basic average guy.   I can't tell them apart at all. 

I've always thought Jeremiah looks different from the other guys. Cuter, and maybe he hasn't inherited the hair loss gene. Not that it matters what I think.

Jenni looks like Jana's blonde mini-me to me. I think it's because they have the same eyes. Jeer is probably the most handsome son in the bunch. He doesn't look like any of his brothers, but I do see some of his sisters in him. 

I hope Jana gets to leave without a husband. But it's the only way they can leave. Maybe she thinks it's better staying home than having umpteen kids as said upthread. Anyhow, it's six and one half dozen.
And no matter how the Bateses make themselves seem normal I doubt GIl and Kelly encourage the kids to do anything. Gil quit a good job himself. I think of how the Bates females sang that song about housekeeping.

As far as Erin's CD"s I wonder how many they actually sell. Like the DUggar books, they likely have a limited selling audience.

What's this song about housekeeping? I need to hear that. Sounds hilarious.

Speaking of CDs for a limited audience...I think Ben's sister put a CD out recently as well.

During an interview on 20/20 back in 2011, the Bates females sung a housekeeping song to keep them motivated It also said in the interview they had a camera and intercom system. I can't find the song now, but here's the 2011 interview. Note it said they gave the kids choice on their own rooms but Gil said they had been together so long in one room they declined.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/evangelical-bates-family-20-children/story?id=12648595

My thoughts while watching that video...

It's bothers me how much their house looks like the Duggar house. What's up with that? I mean, I know the Duggars helped build it. But why did they make it look the same? Creepy.

I hate when people say they "don't believe in birth control." It's not like the Loch Ness Monster. It's a real thing.

I thought it was bad to eat snow because of pollution or something??

"The Bates say they have no interest in a reality show of their own."  HA!

Re: Quote box fiasco

If you hover over the quote box with your mouse it says: "Hold ctrl and right click for more options". Then you can click on "Remove quote" for example. (For Germans: ctrl = strg).

19 hours ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

Jenni looks like Jana's blonde mini-me to me. I think it's because they have the same eyes. Jeer is probably the most handsome son in the bunch. He doesn't look like any of his brothers, but I do see some of his sisters in him. 

Jer is a dead ringer for their grandfather, IMO. I remember thinking that way back in the day. I think Jana and Jenni have a lot of the grandfather in them too.

That's a whole separate thing that fascinates me about these big families, aside from their obvious craziness - I've always been really interested in the expression of genetic traits, since my siblings and I all look completely different from each other. Seeing how all these siblings can resemble each other in some ways and then resemble someone else a few years later is fascinating to me. I used to think Johannah was a clone of Jana, but lately she doesn't look much like her at all anymore.

2 hours ago, Gobbles said:

Re: Quote box fiasco

If you hover over the quote box with your mouse it says: "Hold ctrl and right click for more options". Then you can click on "Remove quote" for example. (For Germans: ctrl = strg).

Thanks Gobbles, that worked even better!

I didn't know where to put this. Remember Jonathan Steiger?  I was checking out duggar family twitter accounts and I noticed that he has a new(locked) account. It has a new name, an egg avatar, and he isn't following anyone. He has 800+ followers, icluding duggarfam and Amy. I don't know why I find this interesting, lol. 

I was one of the people predicting a Steiger/Duggar courtship in 2014/15.

5 minutes ago, Kira said:

I didn't know where to put this. Remember Jonathan Steiger?  I was checking out duggar family twitter accounts and I noticed that he has a new account. It has a new name, an egg avatar, and he isn't following anyone. He has 800+ followers. I don't know why I find this interesting, lol. 

I was one of the people predicting a Steiger/Duggar courtship in 2014/15.

Oh gosh, has it really been so long? 

2 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Oh gosh, has it really been so long? 

I think the Duggars started following him in the Spring of 2014. 

4 minutes ago, Kira said:

I think the Duggars started following him in the Spring of 2014. 

Two years? Oh god, it looks like yesterday. If by now we don't know anything about a courtship, I don't think there will be one

Just now, Fundie Bunny said:

Two years? Oh god, it looks like yesterday. If by now we don't know anything about a courtship, I don't think there will be one

:agree:

I just cant get over the fact that the Duggar family account follows him. He stands out on their following list. It's also weird that he deleted his old account and locked his new account.

It's probably private because anyone remotely connected to the Duggars gets ambushed by Humpers asking millions of questions. Isn't he around Jana's age though? I still think Jana/Jinger/Joy's future boyfriends will be unknowns. Well, I wouldn't be surprised if FJ vaguely knows Jana's courter since I expect her to marry some ATI guy. 

Ok, I know I'm over analyzing the GMA clip but 1 thing struck me.

"Shh, don't say anything about the double wedding of the twins."

Right before Jessa says that, when the reporter asks them if there's any big news, Bin looks right to JD and then to Jana. Josiah also glances at them.  Josiah doesn't have a poker face, so unless it was agreed upon to use the twins as a red herring, there could be some veracity to such a blatantly outrageous statement.

Was it a joke, an FU Internets moment if you will? Or was it a sneaky truth?

I will leave you with this quote from Pirates of the Carribean:

Soldier 1: I said no lies!
Soldier 2: I think he's telling the truth...
Soldier 1: If he were telling the truth, he wouldn't have told us.
Jack Sparrow: Unless, of course, he knew you wouldn't believe the truth, even if he told it to you.

2 hours ago, VixenToast said:

Right before Jessa says that, when the reporter asks them if there's any big news, Bin looks right to JD and then to Jana. Josiah also glances at them.  Josiah doesn't have a poker face, so unless it was agreed upon to use the twins as a red herring, there could be some veracity to such a blatantly outrageous statement.

I had a similar thought. But also because in a Counting On preview when the kidults were asked about which one would get married next, Jana made a gesture that I initially thought was pointing at JD, but then I thought it looked more like she was gesturing to both of them. 

I don't seriously believe that they would do a double wedding. I just had a moment of wild speculation. 

7 hours ago, VixenToast said:

I think they're just screwing with us. The twins marrying has been a bit of a joke for some time. Though, you never know. A twin double wedding would be ratings gold and money in Boob's pocket.

Archived