IGNORED

Jana Duggar: Courting or hype?

Kelsey

I think we're forgetting that Jana basically raised her siblings. She's the one that enforced all the rules like blanket training and all that. I think she's drank just as much koolaid as Michael Bates. Jana is not pulling an Alyssa no matter how much we want her too.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

I think we're forgetting that Jana basically raised her siblings. She's the one that enforced all the rules like blanket training and all that. I think she's drank just as much koolaid as Michael Bates. Jana is not pulling an Alyssa no matter how much we want her too.

Agreed. And as some have already said, we can all bet our money that she will end up being the most conservative/fundie, the most strictest in the teachings of her parents, and the most Michelle-esque.

On 3/16/2016 at 10:34 PM, Hiddenomaha said:

In the preview for upcoming episodes, Jana reveals a quality she's looking for in a guy, a "hardworking guy" instead of an "office job guy". Of course that still has a wide range of potential matches, but how many fundie or fundie-lite guys would attempt to negotiate a courtship with Jim Bob?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Jana one who volunteered at the fire station? If so, this could mean that she prefers more muscular guys, who can have more physical jobs, to those with thinner or thicker bodies that she associates with office workers. In her world, I know she's supposed to take the Daddy approved man God sends her, and this might have been the only hint she could give for her preference. After all, she can't come out and say she wants a guy with brown hair and green eyes.

Given that most fundies don't have a college education, isn't it most likely that she won't meet a fundie man with a desk job?

I don't know if this has been discussed, but hasn't she really met in one way or another just about all of the Gothard/fundie/cultish men in her general age range? Would this be a new interest in an old acquaintance? II guess that could be the case. Don't know. 

I really only follow the Duggars so I don't know much about their cult. But wouldn't most of the men her age already be married? I figured they married them all off pretty young.

11 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I really only follow the Duggars so I don't know much about their cult. But wouldn't most of the men her age already be married? I figured they married them all off pretty young.

I wonder about this, too.

I don't think Jana having raised her siblings means she drank the Kool-aid. She might have played such an active role in raising them to try to save them from the very things that happened in her childhood. We have proof that Michelle and JimBob beat their kids and blanket trained them, but the younger kids do not seem like lifeless robots that have been beaten. Maybe Jana raised them in a kinder, gentler way than her parents raised her. Or maybe she didn't. I don't really know. I'm not sure that we have enough information to draw any firm conclusions. 

14 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Some of the families are more successful at this than others, but there's no question that many of these families seem to prioritize marrying off the boys while keeping the girls at home. A notable exception being the Arndt boys, of whom there are probably 5 or 6 in the right age range, but I doubt the Duggars would approve of them (and I wouldn't wish any of them on Jana...)

16 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I think there are some older men who aren't married, but most of them seem to be unmarried because they come from a family that keeps their kids EXTREMELY isolated from the outside world or people like David Waller who so obviously really really really didn't want to get married. 

Is it frowned upon in Fundie circles for a woman to be older than the man? I would imagine it is. But I don't see what the big deal would if Jana married someone who is 22 or 23 considering all of the unmarried people in this cult, whether they are 22 or 34, seem so sheltered and immature. Look at Sarah Maxwell. She's in her mid-30s and she doesn't seem to have grown or matured one bit in the last 15 years. 

Jessa is slightly older than Ben but I don't think anyone ever really mentioned it so maybe they don't mind.

In that one older episode the girls are asked what they want in a guy. They all kind of answer for each other. They say an older guy for Jana.

7 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Jessa is slightly older than Ben but I don't think anyone ever really mentioned it so maybe they don't mind.

In that one older episode the girls are asked what they want in a guy. They all kind of answer for each other. They say an older guy for Jana.

How many years apart are Jessa and Ben?

31 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

I think they're a year and a half apart in age. 

On 3/16/2016 at 6:24 PM, Fundie Bunny said:

The hell?!?!!? Since when do we know that she knows? Does she know that we know? Does she know that we know that she knows? (Okay, now I will go laugh hysterically in a corner)

But if I was her, I would also try to take it down. Thinking that strangers are masturbating to my feet is not the most pleasant thought 

Isn't there a member here called Jessa's feet?! That was always one of my favorite usernames/avatars :pb_lol:

Shout out @Jessa's Feet

5 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Jessa is 2 1/2 years older than Ben.  The reason it was significant is that Ben was still a teenager when they married.

Jessa was born on November 4, 1992, and Ben was born on May 19, 1995.

On 3/17/2016 at 3:37 AM, ClaraOswin said:

Seriously? Is there a link to more info on this? Hilarious.

Makes me think of the episode of 19 Kids where they were shoe shopping and saying they don't have modesty standards for footwear because there isn't anything immodest you can do with a shoe.

Oh, how very wrong they are. *snickers*

6 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

Is it frowned upon in Fundie circles for a woman to be older than the man? I would imagine it is. But I don't see what the big deal would if Jana married someone who is 22 or 23 considering all of the unmarried people in this cult, whether they are 22 or 34, seem so sheltered and immature. 

On one of the other threads they were talking about Blair Tsantles who was 23 (?) when she married her then 17 year old husband Taylor. In a wedding that brought us Doug Phillips(Is A Tool)'s extra specially wide manly stance. I would have thought it would frowned on too but perhaps the thinking is that being the owner of a penis makes you ready to tell women what to do no matter your age.

On 3/16/2016 at 8:24 AM, Fundie Bunny said:

But if I was her, I would also try to take it down. Thinking that strangers are masturbating to my feet is not the most pleasant thought 

NIKE!!!!!!

(Someone had to say it)

Maybe there is a widowed man in their circle of friends (?) looking for a more mature fundie (Jana) to raise his kids. Who knows?

I have to wonder what would really happen to Jana with unfettered access to the Internet. I know some of you are thinking she has the wifi password, but if I was her I wouldn't venture onto unapproved sites, knowing my parents could check the Internet history. Anyone here remember how she responded when asked about evolution on the family trip to the Creation museum? If memory serves me correctly she said something to the effect evolution makes sense, but I have to believe in the Bible. I remember feeling kind of sad watching it and thinking too bad critical thinking isn't valued in their family. Remember sometimes the person who appears the most religious can surprise you.

25 minutes ago, infooverload said:

I have to wonder what would really happen to Jana with unfettered access to the Internet. I know some of you are thinking she has the wifi password, but if I was her I wouldn't venture onto unapproved sites, knowing my parents could check the Internet history. Anyone here remember how she responded when asked about evolution on the family trip to the Creation museum? If memory serves me correctly she said something to the effect evolution makes sense, but I have to believe in the Bible. I remember feeling kind of sad watching it and thinking too bad critical thinking isn't valued in their family. Remember sometimes the person who appears the most religious can surprise you.

Or an afternoon alone in/with:

a public library

a patient high school science teacher (and some text books)

a natural history museum

I would love to see one or all of those things happen for her- I'd love to see if her mind might open a bit.  And discover that it's possible to believe in God/the bible, AND science.

18 hours ago, BunnyBee said:

Isn't there a member here called Jessa's feet?! That was always one of my favorite usernames/avatars :pb_lol:

Shout out @Jessa's Feet

Yassssss. I am here! Beautiful, sweet, sexy fundie feet of glory. 

You know you want to massage these feet.......

And for the record, I'm not into feet sexually. I'm not into them on a platonic level. 

I just got a kick out of the irony. The satire. 

The fact we're all different, we all find different things sexually appealing. So you can cover up what you think is sexual and not do things you think are sexual in nature or can trigger impure thoughts but because we are all diverse special snowflakes what might got one person off will do nothing for another person. Being modest and pure spells out innocence. That's a turn on for a lot of people. I have no doubt that there are men out there that are sexually turned on by the Duggar girls because of the innocence they portray through the way they dress and their sheltered life. 

Also, you've chosen to put your life and family on national TV. Not once but twice. You've chosen to make your living this way. With that comes the fact that the whole world can access the internet and stills from your show that you're choosing to air. As long as you continue to do this, this can happen. And, Jessa, honey, if you don't think that no one has never ever jerked off to one of your social media pictures.....you're kidding yourself. You're making yourself a celebrity. It brings out all the sickos to the yard. 

You can even cover yourself up completely and just show your eyes. But even then, the eyes can be arousing to some. 

It's just, the Duggars have gone out of their way to define what is considered sexual and yet......anything can be considered sexual. I find Jana to be so damn sexy it's INSANE. I'm a girl. I'm married to a guy. I'm straight. But Jana is a complete turn on to me. It's all about the way she does things, says things, moves....looks....everything. So sexuality has nothing about covering up your neckline and your shoulders, ect. 

3 hours ago, infooverload said:

Not quoting her verbatim, but I remember her saying that evolution might sound true, but seeing how it "all lines up" in Genesis, it [literal Genesis creation] makes more sense. I'll give her that: it does make sense to someone who has had very limited exposure to anything but "creation science".

Not quoting her verbatim, but I remember her saying that evolution might sound true, but seeing how it "all lines up" in Genesis, it [literal Genesis creation] makes more sense. I'll give her that: it does make sense to someone who has had very limited exposure to anything but "creation science".

DenimJumper your answer does sound like what she said. Does anyone here think any of the Duggar ' s watched the Ken Ham vs Bill Nye debate [emoji23]. Poor kids definitely have a lacking science education, but then who needs science if you have the Bible.

Archived