IGNORED

Jana Duggar: Courting or hype?

Kelsey

10 minutes ago, season of life said:

Nowhere in my statement did I call Derick and Ben bad husbands. I don't care who you are, there is something ethically wrong to me about sacrificing your children's privacy on "reality" TV.

The Duggars, including Derick and Ben, do not deserve any sort of publicity or a TV show. They have covered up molestation and blamed "liberal media" for all their problems all the while grabbing any opportunity for attention. Derick took Jill away from the TTH physically, but they are still under JB's thumb. I find this family to be arrogant, lazy, and hypocritical. 

Oops! I mistakenly thought you replied to my comment. I agree with some of what you said about Derick and Ben(blaming the media, grabbing attention, sacrificing their children's privacy) I don't think they're under JBs thumb. 

I wouldn't marry Ben or Derick, but I don't think they're bad picks for Jessa and Jill

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Kira said:

I wouldn't marry Ben or Derick, but I don't think they're bad picks for Jessa and Jill

I don't think Ben and Derick would cheat on their wives or put them through the troubles Josh put Anna through. I don't know who Jill and Jessa would have married had they not been raised Gothard's way. 

1 hour ago, season of life said:

Derick had a job at Walmart, which was secure and came with benefits. He quit so he and his wife could force their religion on others and post Instagram pics of them sitting around. He is now getting paid to parade his life/child on TV, just like Ben. These two men chose to depend on a morally corrupt channel for their income instead of finding actual work. Then they want to complain that they are poor, persecuted human beings. Please.

Wal-Mart corporate RIFfed a TON of people a few months ago.  Maybe like 25% of the workforce at corporate.  So, he might not still have a job at Wal-Mart had he not quit.  Maybe he saw the writing on the wall.  

23 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

The reality show has been off the air, but you can find out about him on the Internet.  In January, for example, he spent the entire month traveling with his girlfriend. :cool:

WHAAAT?!:pb_surprised: THAT'S not allowed!

27 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

WHAAAT?!:pb_surprised: THAT'S not allowed!

1. We have no clue if he is dating anyone at all.

2. It's not like he and a girlfriend went on a road trip or something. JD drove a tour bus for a Christian family musical act.  https://www.facebook.com/SouthernRaisedBand/ You can see pictures of JD in their mobile uploads album.

Looks like he had fun even if he's not dating any of them. So that's good at least.

2 hours ago, season of life said:

Nowhere in my statement did I call Derick and Ben bad husbands. I don't care who you are, there is something ethically wrong to me about sacrificing your children's privacy on "reality" TV.

The Duggars, including Derick and Ben, do not deserve any sort of publicity or a TV show. They have covered up molestation and blamed "liberal media" for all their problems all the while grabbing any opportunity for attention. Derick took Jill away from the TTH physically, but they are still under JB's thumb. I find this family to be arrogant, lazy, and hypocritical. 

For the longest time I was reading that as "ethnically" and I was very confused. I agree wholeheartedly, though. 

I have a bit of " experience"  on the topic of celebrity boyfriend/girlfriends .  U do need to make a full commitment to a public person if u want to have any relationship with them. U know that upfront and before u dive into it. U know it has it's own set of pro's and con's .  Jana will find a nice man , if she can find one who is worthy of her heart and her " celebrity" status . One who takes her for the right reasons , and who will not give her shit about the obvious ( being on tv , etc) .. And yes that is difficult to find , because people underestimate what it entails if u didn' t live it . Difficult ! But  it can be done .

I really don't think JD is dating Sarah R. Zach Bates is JD's best friend. I can't imagine how that would even be remotely okay.

I have yet to see the clip of Jana/Jinger "not wanting to comment." But I did see one where they asked about courtships, and it was Jana and JD in a talking head together, and I thought I saw Jana wagging her finger or waving her hand at JD, perhaps thinking it was out of camera range? I would have to re-watch it again, but in the moment it seemed to me like she was sort of passing that question on to JD (ie, he is the one with The News).

22 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

I really don't think JD is dating Sarah R. Zach Bates is JD's best friend. I can't imagine how that would even be remotely okay.

Well, he is married with 1.5 kids, I am pretty sure he is over her. Weird, of corse. But he is a Duggar,  the masters of weirdness

Oh, he was driving their tour bus! ok, then. It sounded like they were carving out a whole new set of rules for the boys, above & beyond what they do already.

Good for JD! Doing meaningful employment!

3 hours ago, FlamingFundie said:

I have yet to see the clip of Jana/Jinger "not wanting to comment." But I did see one where they asked about courtships, and it was Jana and JD in a talking head together, and I thought I saw Jana wagging her finger or waving her hand at JD, perhaps thinking it was out of camera range? I would have to re-watch it again, but in the moment it seemed to me like she was sort of passing that question on to JD (ie, he is the one with The News).

In the most recent promo, Jinger says "I'd rather not answer that question."

20 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

In the most recent promo, Jinger says "I'd rather not answer that question."

She was probably asked if she knows where to find a Walmart in New York City. 

:tw_yum:

(I believe the devastating answer, which Michelle and Jill and Jessa can't believe, is that there are relatively few Walmarts in the NYC area.  I can see why Jinger wouldn't want to talk about it and maybe reveal she could be happy with another store.)

11 hours ago, Kelsey said:

I agree. I wouldn't rule out JD courting one of the other girls (if they're available or whatever, I don't know much about them). I had a look at the photos on their FB page and he certainly looked comfortable around them. If they're just friends, that's great! But I also know friendships with the opposite sex aren't usually encouraged without some ulterior motive, so...

17 hours ago, Kira said:

Oops! I mistakenly thought you replied to my comment. I agree with some of what you said about Derick and Ben(blaming the media, grabbing attention, sacrificing their children's privacy) I don't think they're under JBs thumb. 

JB and TLC their bread and butter.  For Ben, JB is his employer.  They are under JB's thumb.

If this has been speculated before , I am sorry, but I think the "I didn't see this coming" comment from Jana could possibly be the Anna pregnancy debacle. I hope not, but it would make sense. 

23 hours ago, Kira said:

I can't find them now, but I think there was a photo of Hubert, his sister and either Jinger or Jana(both?) at a rodeo. I don't know Adrew Patton's age. 

Here's a discussion of Andrew Hubert:

Is this him in the yellow?

tumblr_o3upsrdadS1tl94kio1_400.jpg.645d1

24 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Is this him in the yellow?

tumblr_o3upsrdadS1tl94kio1_400.jpg.645d1

OT, but Jed and Jer really look grown-up in this picture. It seems like only yesterday they were running barefoot and screaming like wild howler monkeys in the newly built TTH. I wonder if JB is still trying to sell that "Duggar Studios" thing as a side project for the howler-men.

Sorry FJ mods, but I can't always make that quote box go away. And just now trying, I almost crashed my computer.

I wondered where the twins were. Hadn't seen a lot of them in the last season.

29 minutes ago, Kira said:

I don't think that's him

Here's Andrew Hubert and the Duggars at the rodeo: http://duggars.tumblr.com/post/123123720255/19kidsandloving-at-a-rodeo-with-friends#post-notes

I'll have yo find the other photos.

Ah I see. The guy in the yellow might be Logan Smith (I think), the person who put eveyone in a frenzy because he was seen near Jinger so they thought he was going to marry her. 

Are those the twins? I know the one on the far left in grey is Jeremiah. But is the one in red Jedidiah or Jason? Looks like Jason to me. But I often get some of them mixed up.

To the question of JD courting Sarah Reith I thought I read a while back she was courting someone and keeping it private. Understandable considering her past courting experience.

2 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

Sorry FJ mods, but I can't always make that quote box go away. And just now trying, I almost crashed my computer.I

When that happens to me, I delete the quote by highlighting and hitting the delete button and the X at the top left of the quote box.  Then, close the browser completely, and open freejinger again.  That usually allows you to start over.  Maybe this is something the programmer is going to fix on Sunday when they do site maintenance.

When I have the quote box that won't go away, it seems like hitting the icon that looks like a piece of paper with the top right corner folded (second from the right on my desktop, last on my phone) clears everything out of the reply box and lets me start over.  Maybe try that?

Archived