IGNORED

Jana Duggar: Courting or hype?

Kelsey

3 hours ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

I think they're just screwing with us. The twins marrying has been a bit of a joke for some time. Though, you never know. A twin double wedding would be ratings gold and money in Boob's pocket.

Especially since it would be next to impossible to not show the parents in that situation, allowing Boob and Meechelle to weasel their way back into front and center.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bashfulpixie said:

Especially since it would be next to impossible to not show the parents in that situation, allowing Boob and Meechelle to weasel their way back into front and center.

I wouldn't put it past them to try and get Josh back on in some form, too. It's only a matter of time. I know it's been said Josh won't be appearing on Counting On, but he'll be profiting from it. Money Anna makes from appearances will go to him.

I wouldn't put it past them to try and get Josh back on in some form, too. It's only a matter of time. I know it's been said Josh won't be appearing on Counting On, but he'll be profiting from it. Money Anna makes from appearances will go to him.

I think they will, too. "Josh hasn't been on the series focusing on his siblings and wife, Counting On, so be sure to tune into our new additional show to see Josh's first appearance since his extensive work to repair his life and relationships."

I could really see John being one of the next ones in a courtship. In one of the Counting On specials...did he say something about how now he had to step up to be a role model? I feel like his way of doing this will be to get married and show everyone what a "real man" does in a "Godly" relationship or whatever.

26 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I could really see John being one of the next ones in a courtship. In one of the Counting On specials...did he say something about how now he had to step up to be a role model? I feel like his way of doing this will be to get married and show everyone what a "real man" does in a "Godly" relationship or whatever.

... plus the fact that Blue Balls can be really painful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_balls

:pb_lol:

1 hour ago, DuggarWatch said:

... plus the fact that Blue Balls can be really painful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_balls

:pb_lol:

Thanks for that!! 

I think that Blessa throwing the double wedding "news" out there on GMA was her way of throwing shade to Jana for not being married. I think that Blessa thinks she is better than her because she is married and Jana is not. I hope when Jana decides to get married it's because she is in love and not just to get out of TTH.

I have a soft spot of Jana and I'm not 100% sure why but I just feel like she is so used and abused by her parents and siblings.

The wedding episode for Blessa I believe when they basically threw the dresses to Jana and said hem these, she looked like she wanted to cry and I felt so bad for her. 

But those are my own issues lol 

33 minutes ago, Diggingupdirt said:

Thanks for that!! 

I think that Blessa throwing the double wedding "news" out there on GMA was her way of throwing shade to Jana for not being married. I think that Blessa thinks she is better than her because she is married and Jana is not. I hope when Jana decides to get married it's because she is in love and not just to get out of TTH.

I have a soft spot of Jana and I'm not 100% sure why but I just feel like she is so used and abused by her parents and siblings.

The wedding episode for Blessa I believe when they basically threw the dresses to Jana and said hem these, she looked like she wanted to cry and I felt so bad for her. 

What episode was that? Do you know the name?

2 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

What espisode was that? Do you know the name?

It was Jill's wedding I think. Basically Jill threw a bunch of work on Maid of Honor Jana. It came off like Jana was a bit annoyed because she mentions on in her TH that "she's the main seamstress even though I'm not the only one who can sew"(paraphrasing lol). In Jessa's bridesmaid episode, Jana gets sassy and doesn't want to wear the ugly dresses Jessa picked out.  

Jessa was just teasing with the double weddings comment. She knows what leghumpers want to see.

12 minutes ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

It was Jill's wedding I think. Basically Jill threw a bunch of work on Maid of Honor Jana. It came off like Jana was a bit annoyed because she mentions on in her TH that "she's the main seamstress even though I'm not the only one who can sew"(paraphrasing lol). In Jessa's bridesmaid episode, Jana gets sassy and doesn't want to wear the ugly dresses Jessa picked out.  

To the bolded..I think your right...I can't remember the episodes they all blur together and they are all like one boring continuous show lol 

2 minutes ago, season of life said:

Jessa was just teasing with the double weddings comment. She knows what leghumpers want to see.

I'm sure she was kidding but i still think she said it to throw shade

9 hours ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

If I recall correctly, I think they said in the preview  the show is 'for now, 8 episodes' he will be back right after those 8 episodes are done, I reckon. Tlc knows people are tuning in for a Trainwreck.

1 hour ago, FleeJanaFree said:

If I recall correctly, I think they said in the preview  the show is 'for now, 8 episodes' he will be back right after those 8 episodes are done, I reckon. Tlc knows people are tuning in for a Trainwreck.

Do you know if they'll be on iTunes?

We have a thread for the new episodes.

1 hour ago, FleeJanaFree said:

But how many tonight? I believe more people would rather watch the trainwreck that are the presidential primaries (on both sides of the aisle)

In the preview for upcoming episodes, Jana reveals a quality she's looking for in a guy, a "hardworking guy" instead of an "office job guy". Of course that still has a wide range of potential matches, but how many fundie or fundie-lite guys would attempt to negotiate a courtship with Jim Bob?

5 minutes ago, Hiddenomaha said:

In the preview for upcoming episodes, Jana reveals a quality she's looking for in a guy, a "hardworking guy" instead of an "office job guy". Of course that still has a wide range of potential matches, but how many fundie or fundie-lite guys would attempt to negotiate a courtship with Jim Bob?

So I guess, according to Jana, men who work in offices aren't hardworking. The Duggars have such an odd way of communicating. And by odd, I mean, they say the dumbest things. 

I'm showing up late to the courtship discussion, but I think JimBob and TLC both know that past courtships and wedding episodes brought in higher ratings and are going to try to push things in that direction for the sake of the show. 

I think there are probably plenty of famewhoring, lazy, Ben Seewald types who would be willing to put up with JimBob's interference if it meant they got to be on TV and have more money than the average Fundie will ever have. 

Honestly I would be surprised that JD or Jana gers hitched. JD can't even wash his own dirty underwear at 26 and Jana I can see pulling a Jessa or Jill since she's so brainwashed. 

13 hours ago, Diggingupdirt said:

I feel the same and I think lots of FJers do.  I hope the illusion isn't shattered when she gets her own social media accounts.  I was convinced both Jill and Jessa would give us some signs that they weren't totally drinking the Kool-Aid but sadly not. 

9 minutes ago, Apricot said:

I feel the same and I think lots of FJers do.  I hope the illusion isn't shattered when she gets her own social media accounts.  I was convinced both Jill and Jessa would give us some signs that they weren't totally drinking the Kool-Aid but sadly not. 

Well, since Jessa has been married, we've discovered that she has knees. :pb_lol:

2 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

Well, since Jessa has been married, we've discovered that she has knees. :pb_lol:

I've seen quite a few Duggar knees recently actually!  They'll have bare shoulders next! :pb_eek:

17 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

If that's the case then I honestly hope he's doing this because he feels ready and wants to - not just because he wants to set an example for his younger siblings. I know he's kind of cave mannish at times, but he doesn't seem like a malicious person. I think he could be quite happy with the right person (and that he could make the right person happy in return.)

14 hours ago, Diggingupdirt said:

Thanks for that!! 

All of them are used and abused by their parents. Jana gets sympathy because she's: 

1. Pretty

2. The eldest daughter

3. Quiet about their horrific beliefs

4. A seemingly nice enough person

If Jana were super talkative like Jill or constantly mentioned how evil abortion is like Anna or Jessa, she would not have anywhere near the sympathy she gets today.

There is no doubt in my mind that Jana is her own person. I don't doubt she probably is nice enough.... But I also don't doubt that she shares the same disgusting views as the rest of the family. The day she gets access to her own public social media account will likely mark the beginning of the end for her "grace" period here on FJ.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

There is no doubt in my mind that Jana is her own person. I don't doubt she probably is nice enough.... But I also don't doubt that she shares the same disgusting views as the rest of the family. The day she gets access to her own public social media account will likely mark the beginning of the end for her "grace" period here on FJ.

Agree with this. Same thing happened with Jill and Jessa before and during their courtships. Unless Jana pulls an Alyssa Webster, I'm sure she'll be much the same as her married sisters.

2 hours ago, Apricot said:

I've seen quite a few Duggar knees recently actually!  They'll have bare shoulders next! :pb_eek:

Jessa had bare shoulders in the footage of her in the hospital after having Spurgeon. I'm so disgusted by her lack of modesty. :my_rolleyes:

Archived