IGNORED

Jana Duggar: Courting or hype?

Kelsey

8 hours ago, Hiddenomaha said:

In the preview for upcoming episodes, Jana reveals a quality she's looking for in a guy, a "hardworking guy" instead of an "office job guy". Of course that still has a wide range of potential matches, but how many fundie or fundie-lite guys would attempt to negotiate a courtship with Jim Bob?

I think she said that because it's been drilled into her that it's bad to work for someone else and that men should work only for themselves (unless they work for JB.:kitty-wink:)  This is right in line with their beliefs.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jessa had bare shoulders in the footage of her in the hospital after having Spurgeon. I'm so disgusted by her lack of modesty. :my_rolleyes:

What a hussy! Doesn't she know that the only parts of her body everybody besides her husband should see are her face, hands and feet which never need to be shielded from those who may have impure thoughts of her toes?!

On March 15, 2016 at 5:30 AM, Sweet Fellowship said:

I think they're just screwing with us. The twins marrying has been a bit of a joke for some time. Though, you never know. A twin double wedding would be ratings gold and money in Boob's pocket.

I agree. Seems like they're fucking with people and we know that they may kind of monitor their internet mentions (Jessa foot fetish, etc) so they may know everyone is wondering when the twins will get out of TTH. Of course it could easily be a half truth, which would account for Josiah and his lack of poker face. One of them may be courting and the joke is that now the other one needs to settle down right quick or something. 

2 hours ago, CharityBear said:

Jessa had bare shoulders in the footage of her in the hospital after having Spurgeon. I'm so disgusted by her lack of modesty. :my_rolleyes:

I was waiting for the camera to pan to the place when they said, "Jessa, you're crowning."  No one with any sense of modesty would be filmed for TV when giving birth!

Are guys with "office type jobs" not hardworking!?? Just because Josh was lazy as hell at his office job doesn't make white collar jobs less hardworking. I get Jana's POV though since she wants someone to fix sinks and cars but anyone is capable of doing that, no matter their occupation. Fundies say the darndest things. 

Last night's episode gave me the vibe that Jana will 10000% be the most fundie married J'slave once she does get married. From her comments about Anna being a "strong" woman to Johanna wanting to do house duties like a lady, she just sounded like a MeChelle robot. I can see her being the most hard-ass, rigid gender role having mother to her future blessings. I mean it's already specualted that Jana rules the younger kids with an iron fist. There has to be some truth to it since she's been doing it since she was 12 and QF families believe in the passing of authority to the oldest sibling, which has been Jana. 

I know many FJers are Team Jana(myself included) but I have a strong feeling once she starts courting and using social media, the Jana love-fest will end. I still have a soft spot for her but it's  probably for the reasons @VelociRapture mentioned. 

Yeah I basically have a soft spot for the kids that are older than howlers but too young to have been given their own platform yet. Especially the ones with some spunk left in them. I mean honestly I found this website a few years ago by googling "jinger duggar should escape" or something. Kinda forgot about it til the Joshgate scandals, lurked around for a while, then recently decided I had too many opinions not be an active member. But point being its easier to feel for the kids and have hope for them  when they're still kind of bright eyed and talking about moving to the city and being a photographer. Harder once you realise they're just as actively about the lifestyle as their parents. 

51 minutes ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

Are guys with "office type jobs" not hardworking!?? Just because Josh was lazy as hell at his office job doesn't make white collar jobs less hardworking. I get Jana's POV though since she wants someone to fix sinks and cars but anyone is capable of doing that, no matter their occupation. Fundies say the darndest things. 

Last night's episode gave me the vibe that Jana will 10000% be the most fundie married J'slave once she does get married. From her comments about Anna being a "strong" woman to Johanna wanting to do house duties like a lady, she just sounded like a MeChelle robot. I can see her being the most hard-ass, rigid gender role having mother to her future blessings. I mean it's already specualted that Jana rules the younger kids with an iron fist. There has to be some truth to it since she's been doing it since she was 12 and QF families believe in the passing of authority to the oldest sibling, which has been Jana. 

I know many FJers are Team Jana(myself included) but I have a strong feeling once she starts courting and using social media, the Jana love-fest will end. I still have a soft spot for her but it's  probably for the reasons @VelociRapture mentioned. 

Maybe she thinks that Josh went astray because he "wasn't tired enough" from not working a physical job? Like a tired husband, makes a faithful husband? Who knows, these fundies seem to have different meanings for words than the rest of us so you never really know what they are saying.

5 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I agree. Seems like they're fucking with people and we know that they may kind of monitor their internet mentions (Jessa foot fetish, etc) so they may know everyone is wondering when the twins will get out of TTH. Of course it could easily be a half truth, which would account for Josiah and his lack of poker face. One of them may be courting and the joke is that now the other one needs to settle down right quick or something. 

Uhhh there must be a story here that I missed!! 

28 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

Uhhh there must be a story here that I missed!! 

Jessa ended up on a foot fetish website and she's trying to get it taken down. I forget how we found out she knew, but it did make evident the fact that she is aware of her internet presence. 

(This cord cutter didn't see the episode).

Jana will stay fundie and within ATI.  She was the only non sister/SIL bridesmaid in two weddings where the couple works for ATI and is ultra fundie (Brandon/Michael and David/Prissy).  If her best (non family) friends are Michael and Priscilla, then she's definitely staying ultra fundie.

46 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Jessa ended up on a foot fetish website and she's trying to get it taken down. I forget how we found out she knew, but it did make evident the fact that she is aware of her internet presence. 

Oh my! Yeah, I missed that one. I guess we have a few foot fetishists in our number here. :laughing-jumpingpurple: Nothing wrong with that!

1 hour ago, OrchidBlossom said:

The hell?!?!!? Since when do we know that she knows? Does she know that we know? Does she know that we know that she knows? (Okay, now I will go laugh hysterically in a corner)

But if I was her, I would also try to take it down. Thinking that strangers are masturbating to my feet is not the most pleasant thought 

9 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

The hell?!?!!? Since when do we know that she knows? Does she know that we know? Does she know that we know that she knows? (Okay, now I will go laugh hysterically in a corner)

But if I was her, I would also try to take it down. Thinking that strangers are masturbating to my feet is not the most pleasant thought 

I could have sworn she knew. Because I remember it being like, oh so she does google herself. But I can't remember why I thought that. 

4 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Seriously? Is there a link to more info on this? Hilarious.

Makes me think of the episode of 19 Kids where they were shoe shopping and saying they don't have modesty standards for footwear because there isn't anything immodest you can do with a shoe.

that is SO FUnny if she ended up on a foot fetish website yet last night ep she was still wearing no shoes or socks

and she wants to take it down 

that made my day 

21 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Seriously? Is there a link to more info on this? Hilarious.

Makes me think of the episode of 19 Kids where they were shoe shopping and saying they don't have modesty standards for footwear because there isn't anything immodest you can do with a shoe.

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/70316/20160215/19-kids-counting-kinky-fantasy-jill-jessa-duggar-featured-foot-fetish-website.htm

I went back and I guess wtffundiefamilies had a post about which alluded to them knowing about the site and about their being on it. So I guess that is why we are now speculating that they are at least somewhat aware of what the internet says about them.

12 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I think she said that because it's been drilled into her that it's bad to work for someone else and that men should work only for themselves (unless they work for JB.:kitty-wink:)  This is right in line with their beliefs.

I can't remember the IBLP guidelines right now, but isn't being an elected official/politician exempted from the rule that men should work only for themselves? 

But for the two Josh scandals, I would've thought that JB would try to find a rising-star politician to marry Jana to. She looks the part, and the potential political influence JB gained would far outweigh the benefits of having another Ben do grunt work

11 hours ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

I definitely think Jana will be, and is, the Michael Bates type of the family. Biggest kool-aid drinker of them all.

12 hours ago, Hiddenomaha said:

But for the two Josh scandals, I would've thought that JB would try to find a rising-star politician to marry Jana to. She looks the part, and the potential political influence JB gained would far outweigh the benefits of having another Ben do grunt work

I think JB is very jealous of Gil Bates, marrying off his daughter to a congressman's son.

17 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I think JB is very jealous of Gil Bates, marrying off his daughter to a congressman's son.

Surely Huckabee has a marraige-able son?

2 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

I'm pretty sure all of Huckabee's kids are married already

4 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

He has 3 kids, John Mark, David, and Sarah.  The only one who's year of birth that is known (as per Wiki) is middle child David, who was born in 1981 and married.

Even if he was not married, some would argue he's too old for Jana (or any Duggar girl)

33 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

He'd be 35. I don't think that's too old.40, yes. but 35? Naahhh!;)

He's also married.  I don't know the age or marital status of the other son.  Or the daughter (as a potential wife for JD).

Archived