IGNORED

Lori Alexander never learning since 2011 - part 6

Damn @Koala! Thanks for sharing that. The comment on Lori's blog about having a relationship with these women was thoughtful and wise. I cringed reading Lori's defensive, bitchy response. Wow! She's really something... 

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have mentored women in groups, individually, on the phone, through texts, etc. and I love it! 

Because we all know that texting is such a personal way to communicate, especially about something as important as...you know...saving a marriage.

When I was helping to plan my daughter's wedding, I was very frustrated by the "professionals" who insisted on doing business via text.  Even the contracts were sent in links via text.  I hated it.  I wanted face-to-face meetings, or at least phone calls.  These businesses that used primarily texting are the ones that will NOT get a good reference from me for future mothers-of-the-bride.  If "mentoring" is Lori's "business" or calling or whatever...she should want it to be as personal and relational as it can be.  If I were a "mentor" I would meet each local person face-to-face and require regular phone calls from women who are too far away.  But then, Lori has admitted that she's not a warm, relational person so a quick text that says  "submit more, prayer harder," is just her style. I just don't see how God could call a woman like her to help women in the darkest moments of their lives. 

It is entirely possible that Lori doesn't actually understand what it means to have a relationship. Having women come to her for mentoring is not the same thing as having a relationship in which mentoring can grow as a natural by-product. She may actually think he has a relationship with women she's has rebuked simply because she has exchanged small talk with them once.

I point them to the Truth of God's Word, not my opinions, feelings, or thoughts since they are all worthless. 

If only Lori were to read and believe her own words . . . 

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

Because we all know that texting is such a personal way to communicate, especially about something as important as...you know...saving a marriage.

When I was helping to plan my daughter's wedding, I was very frustrated by the "professionals" who insisted on doing business via text.  Even the contracts were sent in links via text.  I hated it.  I wanted face-to-face meetings, or at least phone calls.  These businesses that used primarily texting are the ones that will NOT get a good reference from me for future mothers-of-the-bride.  If "mentoring" is Lori's "business" or calling or whatever...she should want it to be as personal and relational as it can be.  If I were a "mentor" I would meet each local person face-to-face and require regular phone calls from women who are too far away.  But then, Lori has admitted that she's not a warm, relational person so a quick text that says  "submit more, prayer harder," is just her style. I just don't see how God could call a woman like her to help women in the darkest moments of their lives. 

I'm sure most of Lori's mentoring texting consists of receiving ones like this:

"Hi, Mrs. A--thanks for all the talks but my husband and I have decided to work on our marriage without help from you. I want to live him for the rest of my life, not seethe with disappointment. See you in church!!"

I don't know if he is Cabinet Man, but he really annoys me. Supposedly, she can never acknowledge that a husband could be in the wrong because the focus of her blog is only on wives, and supposedly it is soooo terrible for a woman to teach a man---so why is a man even reading her blog?And why is it ok for him to chime in and comment when it's supposed to be women only? Obviously, the blog attracts men who are eager to find validation for the idea that all life's problems are caused by "rebellious" and "difficult" women, but I think it's creepy. I bet if a man commented and disagreed with her, he'd be quickly informed that she only teaches women. 

3 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I have mentored women in groups, individually, on the phone, through texts, etc. and I love it! 

It does not surprise me in the least that Lori Alexander loves bossing everyone around. lol. 

34 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

I don't know if he is Cabinet Man, but he really annoys me. Supposedly, she can never acknowledge that a husband could be in the wrong because the focus of her blog is only on wives, and supposedly it is soooo terrible for a woman to teach a man---so why is a man even reading her blog?And why is it ok for him to chime in and comment when it's supposed to be women only? Obviously, the blog attracts men who are eager to find validation for the idea that all life's problems are caused by "rebellious" and "difficult" women, but I think it's creepy. I bet if a man commented and disagreed with her, he'd be quickly informed that she only teaches women. 

I'm now wondering if he is Cabinet Man.

There have been a few times I've seen men leave disagreeing comments on Lori's blog. She did a post about being against stay at home dads and two men left comments saying that they were stay at home dads. She said they wrong and going against the Bible. 

I agree, I could see her using the whole "I only teach women" excuse at some point.

Back before I decided to never interact with the people we snark on, I left a comment for Lori. My dad was disabled and stayed at home, while my mom worked. 

Lori and Ken told me in some roundabout way that we should have lived in poverty, and to stop trying to find loopholes.

@Maggie Mae,  WOW!  I'd call Lori an insensitive bitchy asshole, but calling her an asshole is to insult the orifice and calling her a bitch is both an insult to female dogs and to strong women.

Just thought I'd post this comment here before it gets deleted from Lori's FB post of her submission flow chart.

YOU should SHUT YOUR MOUTH. THIS CHART IS GARBAGE #LORIALEXANDER

IT'S GREAT I YOU HAVE THE LUXURY OF BEING ABLE TO SIT YOUR OVER PRICED COUCH AT HOME ALL DAY AND CAN AFFORD THAT. HERE IN THE REAL WORLD MOST PEOPLE AND MOST FAMILIES NEED A DUAL INCOME. EVERY MINUTE THAT I AM NOT WORKING I AM WITH MY KIDS. COOKING AND CLEANING NOT JUST ON WEEKENDS. WE DON'T DO FAST FOOD.. AND BTW JUST BC U COOL AT HOME DOESN'T MEAN YOUR INTELLIGENCE LEVEL IS HIGH ENOUGH TO KNOW HOW TO PREPARE ACTUAL HEALTHY MEALS. AND BY YOUR POST-IT SEEMS YOUR INTELLECT HAS LEFT SOMETHING TO BE DESIRED

MY DAY STARTS BEFORE MY HUSBANDS AND END AFTER MY HUSBANDS. ..WHILE HIS WORK DAY ENDS AFTER HE LEAVES WORK, MINE IS ONLY ABOUT 2/3 FINISHED.

SOUNDS LIKE YOURS MAKES ENOUGH TO SUPPORT YOUR FAMILY MORE THAN COMFORTABLY SO PERHAPS IF YOU GOT OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE AND GOT A JOB INSTEAD OF JUDGING PEOPLE FOR THEIR, YOU COULD TAKE THAT EXTRA INCOME AND HELP OUT A CHARITY OR TWO. BE MORE GODLY LIKE YOU SEEM TO BE PREACHING. ((WHICH BY THE WAY -THIS LITTLE CHART GOES AGAINST THE BIBLE BY YOU PASSING JUDGEMENT..ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE US...NOT YOU AND YOUR BIGOTED IDEAS )

21 minutes ago, desertvixen said:

@molecule, I'd like to buy that person a drink.

Me, too! 

It looks like the post has been deleted now, but I'm glad Lori had to see it in order to delete it.

ETA: It looks like someone posted a link on the FB page to Rachel Held Evans's post about Proverbs 31. Wonder how long that will stay there.

On her post today:

"Women are prone to being lazy, wasting time on the Internet or television, and gossiping."

But of course if you have a very active life on facebook and blogging and you are a godly woman you get a pass, afterall you are doing God's work....not just sitting around online like the rest of loser women. She will never see what she does online as wasting time.

Reader:

I do not for one second believe that women are prone to be lazy. If you want something done -- ask a busy woman. Many studies have shown that women are excellent multi-taskers, able to juggle multiple tasks at once to completion.

Lori (describing herself to a tee):

The Bible says otherwise, "And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not." {1 Timothy 5:13}

All I can say is that when Paul wrote Timothy 5:13, he saw Lori coming a mile away.  

7 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

On her post today:

But of course if you have a very active life on facebook and blogging and you are a godly woman you get a pass, afterall you are doing God's work....not just sitting around online like the rest of loser women. She will never see what she does online as wasting time.

You know, I expect all the men in these cults to be misogynistic fuckwits.  It goes with the territory.  But I'm always surprised by the vitriol that some of the women express toward other women.  It's not just that we're all slutty mcslutterson harlots looking to steal their men, but also they've really internalized the men's view of women and weak, lazy, dumb, incapable, etc.  It's so bizarre to me.  

Koala,

Not only that....back to proverbs 31, now there is an anything but lazy women, but that was a inconvenient verse to use.

5 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

This is the best thing ever and I hope Lori sees it

http://www.thedaddycomplex.com/post/55268573331/latest-parenting-trend-the-ctfd-method

You don't need the Pearls, spankings or her, you just need to CTFD!

When Lori gets worked up that not all women stay home she needs to...CTFD!

This is the response to all her antics.

OMG so many parents need this! (myself included at times!) BTW - I read the article in Chris Rock's voice.

@Koala, ITA about "if you need something done, ask a busy woman." The moms I know who are employed outside the home (virtually all of them are, in fact) are the most productive people I know. They're involved with their kids' education and social lives, are active in things that benefit their churches and communities, manage their households, have beneficial marriages--and some even have hobbies. They don't sit around judging the lives of others, because, frankly, THEY DON'T HAVE THE TIME. 

(I swear I got more accomplished back when I had a full time job, a part time job, and a kid in the house than I do now that I'm a single empty nester.)

28 minutes ago, Hera said:

You know, I expect all the men in these cults to be misogynistic fuckwits.  It goes with the territory.  But I'm always surprised by the vitriol that some of the women express toward other women.  It's not just that we're all slutty mcslutterson harlots looking to steal their men, but also they've really internalized the men's view of women and weak, lazy, dumb, incapable, etc.  It's so bizarre to me.  

Well, when you're stuck in a miserable life, it's a lot easier to tear down others than it is to take responsibility for yourself. "If I can't be happy, no one can."

3 minutes ago, sparkles said:

Well, when you're stuck in a miserable life, it's a lot easier to tear down others than it is to take responsibility for yourself. "If I can't be happy, no one can."

True enough.  And I suppose there's some part of them that wants approval from the men or whatever, so they espouse these messed up ideas to be "better" in the men's eyes than the other women or something.  It's messed up for sure. 

I'm going to make a little conversational U-turn here.

Today on Hot Holy and Humorous ( http://hotholyhumorous.com/2016/04/qa-with-j-protecting-yourself-from-infection/) J answers a woman's questions about UTIs and their connection to sexual activity. In addressing anal sex, she says this:

Sexual Mechanics

Anal contact. I have strong concerns about anal sex, because God did not create our anus to be responsive the way a vagina is. It’s simply not the same. Health workers also report more injuries and infections for those who engage in anal activity. Likewise, I have no idea what your sexual repertoire entails, but if doctors say not to wipe with toilet paper from your rectum toward your urethra, then it hardly sounds like a great idea to involve that area in sexual activity. Particularly if you tend to have infections. Consider that as you and your husband decide what you will or won’t do in your marriage bed.

Notice how she expresses her beliefs about it as a Christian but addresses it in a mature and reasonable manner.  As I suspected, she never once writes "It's the wrong hole!"  Good grief, Lori looks like a such a ninny compared to these real writers. 

Lori's flow charts. *sigh* When my daughter was about eight years old, she kept a sketch book in which she drew "fashion ideas." After she showed me the first one I, of course, said "Oh how neat. You should draw more."  Lori is a third grader to whom someone said "That's really neat," so she trotted off with her notebook and happily made a gazillion flow charts. I have a feeling this was one of Ken's suggestions as a way to keep her busy.  He's probably encouraging her to save them for her soon-to-be-published book. 

Also...Flow chart...I don't think that term means what Lori thinks it means. 

Hey! Maybe we can play some sort of Flow Chart Bingo where we try to guess the next several topics that will be covered. Winner gets a big salad!!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived