IGNORED

Lori Alexander never learning since 2011 - part 6

1 minute ago, luv2laugh said:

As long as you have a 3.5 GPA Dental school and Pharmacy school aren't that competitive to get into. Medical schools are more competitive. Also, generally dental schools tend to be more expensive then medical school. They will be in debt for a long time. Why is one of her daughters working when she is so opposed to women in the workplace?

I don't think she has ever answered it. Before Cassi was married and still living with Loriken, it was mentioned on the blog that Cassi worked 4 days a week at a orthodontic clinic(probably one of Ken's clients). I think Lori has said at least once that it's ok for women without children to work, but she still trashes working women in general whether they have kids or not. In some post about mothers are nurses, Lori had the suggestion that older women or women without children work as nurses.  Lori flip flops here and there on subjects regarding work and careers. In one blog post, she said that she wasn't opposed to women having home based business and she probably said that because her daughter-in-law Erin has a floral business. 

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, usmcmom said:

The markers brought back such sweet memories of another ungodly habit I developed in the past - coloring and doing crafts with my daughter.

Don't forget coloring isn't just for kids anymore.

I think Lori could benefit from some time spent coloring.  She is too tightly wound and it is probably a better (and less dangerous) use of her time.

11 hours ago, Koala said:

She would be more honest, of course, but she ran out of room :pb_rollseyes:

It's almost like there aren't computer programs out there that let you do pretty much the exact same thing and have virtually limitless space :mouse-shock:

3 hours ago, molecule said:

She posted a flow chart for dating on her FB page today, titled "Dating Before Marrige"[sic].

I love one of the comments and wanted to share it here in case she deletes it:

ETA: And the flow chart is gone from her FB page now. I saved it. Are we allowed to share things that were on a publicly accessible FB page but are now gone?

Yes you are.  Archiving fundy bullshit they try to walk back by disappearing it is one of the functions of FJ

43 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

IIRC, she said something on the blog about Alyssa not having interest in academics or college. We know Cassi has a college degree and has been working to support her dental student husband. Alyssa also teaches dance.

College isn't for everyone and people thrive in trade or art related careers. But, Alyssa seems to have no other backup plans and she might find herself in a shitty situation if she can't teach dance or something happens to her husband. Didn't Ken say something about being opposed to helping adult children with financial problems?

Cassi might be better prepared for a difficult situation, but I think it's kind of a red flag that her husband Ryan left pharmacy school to switch to dental school. They might have tons of debt later on and Cassi might have to remain in the workforce longer than Godly SAHM Lori likes.

Yes, but Lori said that if a woman's husband dies, her family should take care of her. Hmmm... :doh:

I think when it comes to the dating flow chart, I'll have to quote Miss Scarlet: "I'm being blackmailed all right, but I did what I'm being blackmailed for."

Yes, I have dated numerous men (curious to what she defines as a "young age" though).  I've had my heart broken, and broken a few hearts. 

One thing I love, though, is that these people never seem to realize that you don't have to be IN a relationship or date someone for them to break your heart, or at least bruise it.  When I was in Iraq after my divorce, there was a guy in a related unit that we saw on a regular basis, who I felt like I was getting close to.  Luckily, I never made a move, because one night he decided to tell me all about his fiancee.

I have physically gone way too far on several occasions.  I must say I enjoyed most of them.

While I never got pregnant out of wedlock, I did contract a STD.  However, if I'd had a little better general sex education, I might not have gotten it.  (I was unaware that the same virus that causes cold sores on your lips can cause cold sores on your OTHER lips, so unfortunately one of my partners gave me a little more than I bargained for in the oral department.  Luckily it hasn't been an issue for over 12 years or so.)

No guilt.  Maybe a few bad decisions, but no guilt.

My ex-husband (and now my current partner) and I might not have been "married in purity", but their idea of doing right by me did not involve 10 minutes and lube.  (Well, sometimes the lube.  Especially when I was nursing.)

12 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

Yes, but Lori said that if a woman's husband dies, her family should take care of her. Hmmm... :doh:

If something indeed happens to one of Lori's kids and they need financial help, there will be a major fight in the Alexander household. I guess if Ken refuses to help their kids, Lori will obey him. Lori said that in the early years of her marriage to Ken, that her parents helped them out. We know Ken didn't come from a well to do family, maybe that left a chip on his shoulder where he resents parents helping out their grown children and spouses. I also think there was drama between Ken and Alyssa's husband Jon. Jon was listed on Ken's business site for a few months I think and then the info on him was scrubbed later on.

See Lori.  See the point.  She the point go flying right over Lori's head :pb_rollseyes:

Facebook Follower:

I am very torn about this subject. Being a stay-at-home mom is GREAT. however it can't always be afforded. My husband for instance is doing his best. He getting ready to transition out of the military world into civilian world. we can't just DO that without MY help. It isn't as easy to get jobs these days regardless of who you are. Beggars can't be choosers! telling women it's wrong, I don't think is right because you DO not know their situations. Be careful how you approach the subject! I have been blessed to be stay-at-home for 7 of 8 years now. However, these days, that is a luxury not a right afforded to many families!

on that subject, technically you are a working mother too. you write blogs and make an income off of it. technically it is the same thing!

Lori's thoughtful response:

I make zero money off this blog! Notice there is not one advertisement on it. I don't want to make money off of it since this is my ministry the Lord has given me and I don't want to be beholden to anyone but Him.

12 hours ago, Curious said:

Don't forget coloring isn't just for kids anymore.

I think Lori could benefit from some time spent coloring.  She is too tightly wound and it is probably a better (and less dangerous) use of her time.

Oh, have no doubt; I am one of those adults who has collected a few coloring books. My daughter and I still color together (when we're together and she's not studying)  I also still color with my mother. She and I exchange coloring books all the time now.  It is wonderful therapy. 

Some of my happiest memories with my mother were the days she'd let me buy a new coloring book and crayons at our tiny grocery store (it was not often but ALWAYS at Christmas and occasionally through the year) and we'd come home and color one page each, even before she put the groceries away.  I just thought coloring was something moms did with their kids so of course I sat and colored with my children. I guess Lori has never done that. Or played Hi-Ho Cherry-O? Or Barbie Dolls? Legos? Puzzles? Imaginary games?  How does one have children in the house and NOT play with them. She says she never played with her kids.  Sad, sad, sad.

18 minutes ago, Koala said:

See Lori.  See the point.  She the point go flying right over Lori's head :pb_rollseyes:

She is so busy chopping down the tree right in front of her face that she doesn't see that she isn't even in the right forest.

I keep mulling over something from her "Why Yes, I Really DO Hate Working Mothers" post:

They don't have to answer to me, but I do have to answer for how I have lived my life and if God commands older women to teach younger women to be keepers at home, this is what I will do. 

I have been wondering for a while if Lori's health (especially her cognitive health) has been worsening. I've seen an increase in the number of posts that don't make any sense, even if I agreed with Lori's world view. She has been getting even harsher and more judgmental  and even less in touch with reality than she used to be.

This passage I quoted jumped out at me hinting that Lori is thinking about checking off her list of the things she is supposed to do for God, like she's starting to worry what God is going to say when she is standing in front of him for judgment or something.

I just think something is getting more and more "off" with her.

Or maybe it's just me, and I've lost whatever tolerance I had for her.

The comment from the Facebook follower reminds me of my cousin. My cousin was a SAHM off and on during her husband's Air Force career. In the last few years of his Air Force career, both my cousin and her husband started running their mouths about how he was going to get a high paying aviation consulting job after he retired from the military. It didn't happen and he has some kind of job at VA hospital.

Lori's FB follower is pretty grounded and realistic and isn't banking too much like how my cousin and her husband were. She is dead on about mentioning how it can be hard to land jobs for anyone. I'll admit that i thought it was dumb for the follower to think that Lori was making money off the blog. I don't think Lori ever had her blog monetized.  Other than that the FB follower and many people have pointed out that SAHMs can be a luxury.

I've seen a several situations, in which being in households with SAHMs had tons of financial problems, due to husbands not having very high paying jobs, ongoing debts, mortgages, and in a couple of cases having too many kids. SAHM situations are different and of course, Lori never acknowledges that. For being a SAHM, Lori has had access to resources that some two income families don't have. Her family has at least one vacation a year, usually to Hawaii. The kids attended a private Christian high school. Now, it could be possible that the kids were on scholarship, but a part me doesn't think that was the case. Let's not forget that they had a paid nanny/housekeeper.

There are some SAHMs out there that are quite wealthy and more so than Lori. I would just love for Lori to spend time with SAHMs whose husband can't afford to buy organic food, pay a nanny, pay private school tuition for multiple kids, and having yearly vacations. She should see the cases of SAHMs and their husbands struggling to figure out how to pay the bills and groceries.

re: Lori's favorite things post: I am just going to go on the record as saying: I don't care HOW much a cloth has been tested, there is no way I am going to wipe chicken blood off my counter, rinse the cloth and then reuse it on my counter, refrigerator, door handles, etc. later. NO WAY. Maybe I'm a paranoid germaphobe, but I won't take the risk of cross-contaminating stuff. 

3 minutes ago, polecat said:

re: Lori's favorite things post: I am just going to go on the record as saying: I don't care HOW much a cloth has been tested, there is no way I am going to wipe chicken blood off my counter, rinse the cloth and then reuse it on my counter, refrigerator, door handles, etc. later. NO WAY. Maybe I'm a paranoid germaphobe, but I won't take the risk of cross-contaminating stuff. 

Totally agree.  I won't even have a sponge in my house, and I don't care if it does have a smiley face like those Scrub Daddy things. :pb_lol:

Her favorite things post is just ridiculous. Working is evil, but today she talks about a MLM company. She also recommends really nice and expensive makeup. I love makeup and I spend a good bit of money on it, but her crowd isn't going to go to Nordstrom. Could you imagine thejoyfilledwife in Nordstrom? All of her commenters talk about how they barely get by on one salary with a jillion kids...why on earth does she think this is a good idea?

Lori's dating before marriage (glad she clarified that because dating after marriage is kind of a shitty thing to do) "flowchart" is making me crazy.

I lived with my (now ex) husband for 3 months before we got married.  We slept in the same bed that whole time.  I was a virgin when we married.  In fact, due to circumstances (married in vegas the town that never sleeps and some other stuff I've long since forgotten) we didn't consummate the marriage until we'd be married like a week or 10 days.

This is because we didn't get married just to have sex, unlike many fundies.

58 minutes ago, lynn0810 said:

Her favorite things post is just ridiculous. Working is evil, but today she talks about a MLM company. She also recommends really nice and expensive makeup. I love makeup and I spend a good bit of money on it, but her crowd isn't going to go to Nordstrom. Could you imagine thejoyfilledwife in Nordstrom? All of her commenters talk about how they barely get by on one salary with a jillion kids...why on earth does she think this is a good idea?

This post makes me embarrassed to be a consultant for that company.

My husband and I lived together for over a year, slept in the same bed, and still waited for our wedding night.(Of course, it probably helped that we were in our 30s and past the "horny teenager" stage.)

OMG Lori. Don't wipe raw chicken juice all over your kitchen. Just don't. Maybe you should stop eating chicken if you are going to clean the counters with the same rag that you use for everything. 

And where did she get her rag tested for chicken? 

LA.PNG

*sigh* She's made another flow chart.  This one's on mutual submission vs. Biblical submission.  Isn't that special.  She's probably got a whole notebook now of ways she's superior to everyone else. :pb_rollseyes:

Naturally, she generalizes and totally misrepresents mutual submission, but never mind that, because it makes her look so darn holy.

I am going to call it now.  These flow charts are dumb, childlike, and silly. Only a completely uniformed, short sighted, illogical person would write such things.  I believe the word Debbie Pearl so kindly uses is "dumb cluck".  I wouldn't say that though, because unlike Debbie, my mama raised me to have a little bit of class.   

Anyway, if someone smarter than me wants a screen grab, it's on the Never Always Learning Facebook.

Look up flowcharts, Lori and learn something. 

NL.PNG

What's the bullshit with never has sex? This decidedly un-submissive wife has sex quite often and it ain't 10 minutes and some lube!

11 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

OMG Lori. Don't wipe raw chicken juice all over your kitchen. Just don't. Maybe you should stop eating chicken if you are going to clean the counters with the same rag that you use for everything. 

And where did she get her rag tested for chicken? 

LA.PNG

I don't know why, but she always strikes me as dirty.  She's talked about her cat peeing all over her furniture, and she uses a lot of crap she's concocted in lieu of cleaners (I don't trust anything Lori made herself).  I don't know....I just don't see her being super clean.

What the . . . ??? It's stuff like this that really pisses me off. She totally misrepresents Christians and theology when she does this simplistic crap.

She doesn't even have a basic understanding of what mutual submission actually means, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't truly understand biblical submission, either.

My husband and I have a marriage that is more mutual submission, but I do all the things in her biblical submission column. Yes, that means that I submit to and obey my husband in certain things--just as he submits to and obeys me in areas where we've agreed I am the better one to be in charge.

I am a good helper to my husband, just as he is one to me. We both make a point to please each other. We also satisfy each other's sexual needs. :)

My husband occasionally sends me bible verses to express his thankfulness for me--including the verses that she lists under biblical submission.

4 hours ago, polecat said:

She uses them in the bathroom too, and states she uses them the same way she does in the kitchen. There is a special kind of silver in them.

She needs to get her brain rechecked.

I also love organic coconut oil. I put a tablespoon of it on my yam and it makes it yummy. Coconut oil is so good for you. It's good for your brain, your skin, kills bacteria and virus', stabilizes hormones and all sorts of good things for your body. It also keeps the body well-oiled and is great for female issues! 

Yeah- she's mentioned that coconut oil was good for "female issues" before:

Coconut oil is a great lubricant!  

All I can say, is I hope she keeps two separate jars.  If not, I hope her guests pass on those yams....

39 minutes ago, Koala said:

I don't know why, but she always strikes me as dirty.  She's talked about her cat peeing all over her furniture, and she uses a lot of crap she's concocted in lieu of cleaners (I don't trust anything Lori made herself).  I don't know....I just don't see her being super clean.

I've never had a cat pee on my furniture. What the hell is she doing to those cats? 

And the phrase "get the junk off with a sponge" is extra gross out of context. 

What I want to know is if the woman is the weaker sex or vessel, why isn't the man the help meet? Christians talk about women being inferior but yet men need the help from the weaker ones.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived