IGNORED

Lori Alexander never learning since 2011 - part 6

57 minutes ago, Ofglen said:

And then, there is the Exception Cat, who defies all logic and is just weird. There's always that one. 

Lori would call him a detractor!  

Side note- I love the name Luke for a cat!  I give my animals people names, and that one is perfect. :pb_biggrin:

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our cats are Luke & Leia...we had a naming theme going. Our dogs (that we had to rehome when we lost everything) were Yoda and Anakin...so I kept the theme going. Luke and Leia are "twins" (from the same litter). Speaking of Luke...he still hasn't moved his fat ass off my books. I have TRIED to get him to go lay in the window or something but NOOOOO...damn critter comes back and lays on my books. Fucker.

@usmcmom I did click the link in the blog post and Nordstrom was the only physical store I saw on their authorized "places to buy" list. She definitely danced around that. Any other blogger would have stated where they purchased it. If she purchased the products "on sale" she probably purchased gray market products. 

I usually click on her links to see if they are affiliate links. So far every link I've checked has come back ok, but she did have a couple of posts where I suspect she got items for free and did not do a disclaimer. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

This is the same woman who ended up with parasites, because she didn't know you were supposed to wash fruit before you ate it.

All that sciencey stuff... she doesn't need that!

Pretty sure you could make the argument that they domesticated US.  It's a pretty neat trick where you get members of  another species to house you, feed you, clean up after you, pet you - especially since for many of us they don't provide any benefits like pest control.

32 minutes ago, desertvixen said:

Pretty sure you could make the argument that they domesticated US.  It's a pretty neat trick where you get members of  another species to house you, feed you, clean up after you, pet you - especially since for many of us they don't provide any benefits like pest control.

Well, they do offer love. :) (Sometimes. The jackasses.)

5 hours ago, feministxtian said:

What's the bullshit with never has sex? This decidedly un-submissive wife has sex quite often and it ain't 10 minutes and some lube!

Because women would never want to have sex, if they didn't have to obey their husband. Satisfying their husbands needs is really the only reason to, you know, do that. If you don't believe in submission, you can just say no.

On another subject, I feel pretty confident Lori got those special $40 dishcloths for a review. I'm not an expert on these things, but there are several things that send red flags to me. The way the company's name appears in her blog pic. The way there is a link to the proper place to buy them, but no link for ScrubDaddy or the other favorite items. The way she tells us how we should buy them ("call Amber"). Why would she care if we bought them off amazon? The way she is vague about how long she has used them (she says "for weeks" at one point.)

I think she should admit she is doing a product review and call it a day.

4 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Because women would never want to have sex, if they didn't have to obey their husband. Satisfying their husbands needs is really the only reason to, you know, do that. If you don't believe in submission, you can just say no.

I call bullshit...yes I can say no, and have. But...so can he!! Maybe it's because I like getting my goodie too...and hubs makes sure it happens...that's why it's MUTUAL...we each give to each other but retain the agency to say no. She's fullashit. 

45 minutes ago, Hisey said:

On another subject, I feel pretty confident Lori got those special $40 dishcloths for a review. I'm not an expert on these things, but there are several things that send red flags to me. The way the company's name appears in her blog pic. The way there is a link to the proper place to buy them, but no link for ScrubDaddy or the other favorite items. The way she tells us how we should buy them ("call Amber"). Why would she care if we bought them off amazon? The way she is vague about how long she has used them (she says "for weeks" at one point.)

If she received them in exchange for a review, the Federal Trade Commission requires her to disclose that fact.  (https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/ftcs-endorsement-guides-what-people-are-asking). 

She does include this statement: 

I'm not doing this to "win" anything from her for free. I am sharing this because it is truly amazing!

That isn't the same as saying that she didn't receive the product at no charge.

Generally, it's considered good form for bloggers to indicate one way or the other whether they paid for the product on their own--but since when has Lori been in good form as a blogger?

4 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

I was skeptical the Norwex products at first too, but after seeing the testing and how they compare to other products I'm a believer. I love my Envirocloths and keep the travel ones in my purse at all times. I realize that they're not for all people, but they really are good products. Not to mention the veggie cleaters and laundry soap. I adore those.

Do they sanitize themselves?

44 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

Do they sanitize themselves?

They actually do. There's microsilver within the microfiber. You still have to wash them of course, but n I t nearly as often. I would only use the kitchen cloth though for dish washing instead of the Enviro.

We used to have a girl cat that peed on the couch till we started feeding her urinary tract health/low ash  cat food.  That stopped it.  Unneuterred toms will mark their territory.   We also had a cat that pooped on the floor.  He started pooping on the floor when he became diabetic and stopped once his diabetes was under control.  The floor-pooping was just his way of telling us he didn't feel so good.

I thought all cat parents had cats that used the box right after you changed/cleaned it!

33 minutes ago, EmiGirl said:

They actually do. There's microsilver within the microfiber. You still have to wash them of course, but n I t nearly as often. I would only use the kitchen cloth though for dish washing instead of the Enviro.

I appreciate a good cleaning cloth. I am skeptical as to Lori's use of them to clean her kitchen and bathrooms. It does not sanitize the surface, but kills the bacteria in its fibers by suffocating them and it takes a minimum of 18 hours to kill off the bacteria. 

8 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

I appreciate a good cleaning cloth. I am skeptical as to Lori's use of them to clean her kitchen and bathrooms. It does not sanitize the surface, but kills the bacteria in its fibers by suffocating them and it takes a minimum of 18 hours to kill off the bacteria. 

I clean my kitchen and bathroom with them. It picks up 99% of bacteria on the surface and they aren't transferred to other surfaces afterward. Of course they work as long as they're used properly. if you want to PM me I'll send you some info links.

44 minutes ago, EmiGirl said:

I clean my kitchen and bathroom with them. It picks up 99% of bacteria on the surface and they aren't transferred to other surfaces afterward. Of course they work as long as they're used properly. if you want to PM me I'll send you some info links.

Looks like I'm wrong then. 

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

We used to have a girl cat that peed on the couch till we started feeding her urinary tract health/low ash  cat food.  That stopped it.  Unneuterred toms will mark their territory.   We also had a cat that pooped on the floor.  He started pooping on the floor when he became diabetic and stopped once his diabetes was under control.  The floor-pooping was just his way of telling us he didn't feel so good.

I thought all cat parents had cats that used the box right after you changed/cleaned it!

I had a neutered tom who would try to spray...he couldn't, but it made him feel better. I mean, it was a male cat...they ain't too damn bright. 

Today's post and of course, I'm not surprised by how Lori responded. I have several women who don't like the idea of women pastors and I've some fundie bloggers rant against the subject.

One woman wrote me and told me her church now has a female pastor. She was concerned about this so she wrote her pastor a letter and her pastor wrote her the following response.

"As to Sue’s ordination {named changed}, I’ve attached what I wrote to our congregation about Sue’s ordination. I think it explains my view simply and clearly. I obviously have no issue with Sue being ordained and using her gifts to the fullest. Women exercise authority over men all the time. Sometimes we even recognize when they’re doing so! Influence, responsibility and authority are intertwined when someone is using their gifts, particularly gifts of leadership, which is not gender-specific. The Bible says much more about women in ministry than the one verse you refer to from Paul’s writings and I think it would be helpful to have a more balanced perspective." {End of her pastor's note}

“The Bible reveals this pattern of male leadership in the church and in the home as enduring and authoritative. We have no right to reject or to compromise clear teachings of the Bible in order to meet the demands of today’s political correctness. The Word of God is eternal and totally true. Without a firm biblical foundation, the church ceases to be a church in anything but name. It has become nothing more than a voluntary association with a liturgy." {Dr. Albert Mohler}

“Throughout the Old Testament, women were active in the religious life of Israel, but generally they were not leaders. Women like Deborah {Judges 4} were clearly the exception and not the rule. There was no woman with an ongoing prophetic ministry. No woman was a priest. No queen ever ruled Israel. No woman wrote an Old Testament {or New Testament} book. Isaiah 3:12 indicated that God allowed women to rule as part of His judgment on the sinning nation.” {Dr. John Mac Arthur}

"There were no women kings among the kings of Israel and Judah. There were no women priests in the entire Old Testament. There were no women who authored Scripture and no women with an ongoing prophetic ministry. No women were listed in the minor or major prophets. In the New Testament, there were no women elders, evangelists, authors of Scripture or Pastors." {Barry Cameron}

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." {Isaiah 3:12}

When women rule they lead others into error and destroy the paths of the Lord. Instead of women being in the home, loving and obeying their husbands, loving their children, being keepers in the home, chaste and discreet, they have left the Lord's path and listened to the lies of females in leadership positions. If your church is ordaining women, find another church. Find a church that values the Truth of God's Word and His ways. It's highly unlikely that you will find a church that preaches a woman's role as boldly as John MacArthur does; so go and teach any women who will listen about their biblical role. The way to fight this battle is with the Truth of God's Word because it never comes back void. 

The Lord is your Heavenly Boss and He has given you the sacred job of being home, being a help meet to your husband, and raising godly offspring. Rejoice in this and be content for this is exactly where He wants you.

The further a society drifts from the Truth, 
the more it will hate those who speak it."
{George Orwell}

I'm tickled pink that Lori quoted Orwell - my guess is that she Googled for a quote about "the Truth" and chose his because, well, why not? It sounds awfully impressive! If she knew anything about the man, she wouldn't have dared. Consider these other quotes from the man himself. 

"Till about the age of fourteen I believed in God, and believed that the accounts given of him were true. But I was well aware that I did not love him." 

"It seems rather mean to go to Holy Communion when one doesn't believe, but I have passed myself off for pious and there is nothing for it but to keep up with the deception."

Regarding Lori's tirade against women pastors . . . 

• "When women rule . . ." Really? The churches I've been in have been ruled by boards and committees. The pastor has served the church, not the other way around. Besides, if God is the heavenly boss, then isn't he the one who's really ruling, no matter who the pastor is?
  • " Blah blah blah keepers at home blah blah blah helpmeet blah blah blah women shouldn't be in leadership positions..." Yet she then tells us to "go and teach any women who will listen about their biblical role." Huh. Isn't that kind of like, say, preaching? Or trying to lead these women? And in order to go and find these women, doesn't that require us to, oh, I don't know, leave our children at home? 
  • "The Lord is your Heavenly Boss and He has given you the sacred job of being home, being a help meet to your husband, and raising godly offspring. Rejoice in this and be content for this is exactly where He wants you." Okay, Lori, why aren't you sharing more about how you are your husband's helpmeet? She looks at Titus 2 that says that older women should be teaching younger women how to be keepers at home. She adds the word "only" to the bible, saying that because women should be keepers at home, they should only be keepers at home. So why does she have a blog? Doesn't that detract from her own sacred duties?
  • What's with all the secular quotations? Trying to use the words of men to persuade people of God's truth is pretty lame. Is she suggesting that God's word isn't sufficient?

I do love this comment from one of her readers:

It would not be the first time a woman spouted off and called it a word from the Lord.

Um, like Lori does?

On 3/30/2016 at 5:01 PM, Sera's Arrow said:

Not necessarily. It could also mean that the woman who supposedly managed to have an abortion after 'several months' + 6 more was overcome by Satan and the government is all Satan to begin with and prayers from the Godly Mentor and Godly Mentee couldn't possibly stop the will of the Dark Lord, oh no.

Isn't that the default reason why 'bad things happen' to people like her? Satan did it? It's kind of like my tendency to blame wizards. "Where did the last doughnut go?"   "A wizard did it."   

But it's all good, because when the Right People get elected to public office, she'll be put in prison and properly punished for that abortion.

(Sorry, I'm still healing (or maybe reeling) from a conversation with a fundie on abortion-and-punishment the other day.)

On 3/30/2016 at 5:08 PM, Koala said:

Her lists are bullshit.  It's literally just crap she makes up.  

I wish.

She's spewing the poisonous brew that comes from an awful lot of christian self-help books. I know, because I bought them all and read them, desperately trying to find the one that would help me get it right. It also comes from pulpits and women's prayer and study groups and Titus2 older women who've swallowed the poison whole and incorporated it into their very being and are doing their best to enslave younger women and help them be comfortable in their chains.

I remember feeling bewilderment along with my failure and despair -- Christ said he came to give life, and that abundantly, but it didn't feel abundant to me. It felt like confinement within a lead-lined box that was constantly shrinking.

On 3/30/2016 at 7:29 AM, VodouDoll said:

The difference being, of course, that having hired a nanny herself, my mother would never shame others for doing it. She and Lori don't have much in common.

Have any of LA's blog commenters ever reminded her that she had a nanny herself? What a hypocrite.

She'd probably be the first to say, "Oh, but that was different..." That was god's provision in her difficult circumstances, or some such.

On 3/30/2016 at 8:03 AM, usmcmom said:

Yeah. I'm so embarrassed.  I've allowed myself to be sucked into meal prep for a sick neighbor this week AND some last minute babysitting for a young mother with medical appointments.  I know. I know. These are not things a Godly woman does (where is the time for internet gossip?!?)  Also...I'm cuddling and reading to the little one A LOT! I'm...gasp...playing with him!  Don't tell Lori I haven't smacked him one time!!

Side note: The markers brought back such sweet memories of another ungodly habit I developed in the past - coloring and doing crafts with my daughter.  I'm more of a sinner than I thought!

One more thing! I have yet to find "doodle" or "flow chart" in the Bible.  Still searching.

Actually, I give you "A" for content, "P" (pass/fail scale) for penmanship (my own standard for judging penmanship is that I have to be able to read it), and "C" for readability -- but *only* because the ink is just light enough to make reading an effort for my poor, tired, struggling eyes. I noticed Lori uses nice, dark-ink pens to make her poison take little effort to swallow.

I wonder if Lori has one of those bibles with the wide margins. She could get plenty of doodles and flowcharts into her bible, then, and then "doodle" and "flow chart" *would* be in the bible! *bright smile* (or no, is that Erika's style? I admit, I almost never go to individual fundie blogs anymore, as they are too triggering; I just read here on FJ to get a dose of reality-checking on a regular basis)

On 3/30/2016 at 10:39 AM, usmcmom said:

This takes me back to one of her recent posts in which another discussion of the Proverbs 31 woman came up. I can't remember if it was the topic of the post or just part of the comments.  Sorry; it was when I was traveling and couldn't comment easily. Anyway, several readers pointed out that the woman in Proverbs 31 likely worked outside the home; and of course Lori insisted that was not the case.  She and her fan girls insist that she always had her children with her and never left them.  The thing is that scripture does not tell us either way. So, Lori once again did what she accuses her "detractors" of doing - adding to the word of God. 

I'd really like for Lori to point out the precise verse in Proverbs 31 that says the woman never left her children and never worked outside the home. 

Yes! Yes! 1000 times yes.

On 3/31/2016 at 5:42 PM, Maggie Mae said:

Not only are her "flow charts" rude and insulting, they are terrible flow charts! They are an insult to the design of a flow chart, which is supposed to show a process, or answer a question. 

The "older woman empty nester" does not make any sense. 

Also, in the "Should Mothers have Careers" the "flow" doesn't really work. 

Lori is so ignorant and just such a bitch. 

I wonder if she gets the idea from Ken Ham. He has similar graphics. They're not really flow charts in that you don't flow logically from one point to the next; in reality they're meant to "compare and contrast" and be read horizontally rather than vertically. At least, that's the impression I have from not reading terribly carefully. (Just a quick skim of each one. They are too triggering for me. OTOH, I read usmcmom's chart thoroughly. Lots of wisdom there.)

Lori writes;

"When women rule they lead others into error and destroy the paths of the Lord."

What with sex scandals, money scandals, and people, especially millennials, leaving churches in droves, I wouldn't say men have done such a terrific job either.

Hey Lori, my church ordains women and gays.  Ha!

1 hour ago, Sera's Arrow said:

I'm tickled pink that Lori quoted Orwell - my guess is that she Googled for a quote about "the Truth" and chose his because, well, why not? It sounds awfully impressive! If she knew anything about the man, she wouldn't have dared. Consider these other quotes from the man himself. 

"Till about the age of fourteen I believed in God, and believed that the accounts given of him were true. But I was well aware that I did not love him." 

"It seems rather mean to go to Holy Communion when one doesn't believe, but I have passed myself off for pious and there is nothing for it but to keep up with the deception."

I thought the same thing! I saw that and my mind was so confused I actually looked up Orwell's religious views in case I had forgotten something. Nope. Still said this:

As long as supernatural beliefs persist, men can be exploited by cunning priests and oligarchs, and the technical progress which is the prerequisite of a just society cannot be achieved

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived