IGNORED

Counting On Season One

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Defrauding Feminist ESQ said:

I wonder how angry they are that Nancy Reagan died this week and stole their cover from them

This was the FIRST thing I thought about when I saw the story. I'm NOT saying thank goodness Nancy Reagan died, but the timing was awesome, because you know they were poised for a cover until her death. Yeah Duggars, the death of a first lady trumps you.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

That story, dated today, says that Josh is still at Recovery Unanimous in Illinois.

Interesting.--- Are you reading the hard copy? Or is it in the video clip I cannot see? Online all I can see is

More than six months after Josh Duggar entered a faith-based rehab center following a series of scandals, his family is working to move on and repair their relationship with the former reality star. 

This not actually saying he is still there.  It just says that it has been six months since he entered.   I am really interested in this and may be driven to buy this week's People, if no one replies!!  

I don't like the boots either. I think they spoil the look. Also don't like Jessa's long skirt, I think it looks frumpy. Then again, what do I know about fashion.

11 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Interesting.--- Are you reading the hard copy? Or is it in the video clip I cannot see? Online all I can see is

This not actually saying he is still there.  It just says that it has been six months since he entered.   I am really interested in this and may be driven to buy this week's People, if no one replies!!  

It's in the video clip.  A PEOPLE editor is interviewed and said that he's still there and is expected to be released soon.  'Released' sounds strange to me.  Like he's in prison.  I guess it sort of is.  The editor also talked about Josiah and Marjorie.  When she asked him about the failed courtship he said that they decided the timing was wrong but you never know about the future, or something like that, hmmm.

49 minutes ago, Defrauding Feminist ESQ said:

I wonder if that's true, and when he will get out.  He could just be hiding out at the compound.  The problem is, he has to emerge eventually, and the longer he hides, the more of a big deal it will be to the press.  Especially with the new show coming out.

I don't think he is hiding.  I think they are hiding him.  

12 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

It's in the video clip.  A PEOPLE editor is interviewed and said that he's still there and is expected to be released soon.  'Released' sounds strange to me.  Like he's in prison.  I guess it sort of is.  The editor also talked about Josiah and Marjorie.  When she asked him about the failed courtship he said that they decided the timing was wrong but you never know about the future, or something like that, hmmm.

Thanks.  I agree that "release" sounds like an interesting word.  What I still don't understand is why Josh is going  along with this.  Indoctrination and fear are sure powerful.

^^^I think there's a lot of fear and a lot of guilt,  It's probably being laid on his heart of the consequence for his children if he doesn't change his ways.

I wish Bin wasn't such a huge part of this :/ 

Jana has always been the one that I wanted to know and talk to; probably because we are the same age. But even back when they were building the TTH, I always wanted to know what she had to say and what she was thinking. I think she has a unique perspective since she's one of the older ones, and we just don't hear from her much. If it's because she doesn't want to be on the show, I support that. But if it was because (as people have speculated in the past) that JB and M didn't want her on the show because she was "doubting," I'm glad she gets a say now.

I wonder if JB and M were really hard on them during filming to always look sweet and say good things and now that they aren't really part of the show, they feel like they can open up more. Maybe TLC asked them to back off a little in favor of the more "Young Adults Next Door" look. I feel like at this point, JB would maybe agree to staying out of it as long as it raked in the big bucks

I wonder if Jana wasn't on the show much before because she was constantly being upstaged by golden child Jill.  

I suspect Josh is as close to Jesus as he's going to be, but Jim Bob has some terms and conditions he's not quite ready for.

I agree with whoever commented about there being too much Bin. He is so annoying. I mean...they all are. But something about him drives me insane.

I know nothing about fashion but I don't like Jana's boots either. 

John David looks like he lost weight. Now he just needs to learn how to smile without looking like a creeper.

1 hour ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I wonder if Jana wasn't on the show much before because she was constantly being upstaged by golden child Jill.  

She was upstaged by Jill and John-David was probably upstaged by Josh. (Also at the time a golden child). Now with Jill married and in an another country and Josh away they both have to make nice with the cameras. 

It bugs me that Jessa doesn't know how to use the word "an."  

A issue.

A infant.

GRRRRRRRRRR.

And what is with that interviewer guy pronouncing Josiah with a Z? Joziah.

21 hours ago, Mercer said:

They are a two-parent family with no other children. Neither of them have any job commitments, and they also do not appear to have to worry about how to provide an income or how to house their family. If they need babysitting help, they have multiple family members living close by who also have no work commitments that would limit the time they have available to assist. 

I'm sure Jessa has her own struggles and I don't mean to imply that nothing is hard for her. Being a parent is a huge adjustment no matter the circumstances. It just comes off as major self-absorption and tunnel vision for her to focus on that when she has so many benefits that most parents can't even dream of.

So much THIS.  I did all the diapering, feeding, changing, waking up at all hours, EVERYTHING, without a spouse and with having to return to work when my maternity leave ended when my son was not even 3 months old yet.  So yes, I agree with her that having a baby is a lot of work, but she doesn't work outside the home nor does her husband, nor do all the aunties and uncles who can pitch in and help whenever she would like a break.

23 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Erica Hill did that in the last 19KAC episode, and that also drives me nuts.

5 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

So much THIS.  I did all the diapering, feeding, changing, waking up at all hours, EVERYTHING, without a spouse and with having to return to work when my maternity leave ended when my son was not even 3 months old yet.  So yes, I agree with her that having a baby is a lot of work, but she doesn't work outside the home nor does her husband, nor do all the aunties and uncles who can pitch in and help whenever she would like a break.

Makes you wonder how she plans to handle four or five or more.  It takes at least 6 years before a daughter is ready to take over parental duties, an her first born is a son.

It also amazes me that she wasn't (apparently) prepared for this.  Even if she got out of a lot of the infant care because Jana did it, she might have noticed?

43 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Oops. That's how I naturally say Josiah too. 

It bugs me that Jessa doesn't know how to use the word "an."  

A issue.

A infant.

GRRRRRRRRRR.

It's a southernism. I'm guilty of it, too.

The best thing to happen in reality TV is season 8 of Rupaul's Drag Race.  The queens in this year's competition are fearce!  Rupaul's competitive drag show really turns the world of mundane expectations upside down.

What is Counting On by comparison?  Something to watch that will put me to sleep.

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

She was upstaged by Jill and John-David was probably upstaged by Josh. (Also at the time a golden child). Now with Jill married and in an another country and Josh away they both have to make nice with the cameras. 

Exactly. I don't think it was about being upstaged so much as JD and Jana were happily taking advantage of the fact that Jill and Josh are attention whores who love to bloviate in front of the camera. Josh has fallen from grace and Jill is not only out of the country but as a married woman with a child she can't really speak for the whole clan anymore, so another pair had to step up. Plus, TLC and the Duggars are desperate to shut down at least some of the criticism that the family has gotten for years, and one of the constant ones was about "poor CinderJana" looking said all the time and JD having very little to do with his family's TLC-sponsored antics. I really think Jana, JD, and Joseph were given several talking-to's about their duty to the family. Holding back and letting the rest of them take the spotlight is not an option for them anymore.

Was Jessa really complaining about the 24 hr care of an infant, or was it more of an observation, or a response to a question that was asked (like how is it different than being a sister-mom)..... 

I don't think she was complaining. Just sounded like an observation to me. One many (most?) first-time parents have.

Where are JD's eyebrows? Why does he look like a different human being in this picture???

e2fc6fa20f26559584a6a5233aa3ecf6.png

1 hour ago, Drala said:

The best thing to happen in reality TV is season 8 of Rupaul's Drag Race.  The queens in this year's competition are fearce!  Rupaul's competitive drag show really turns the world of mundane expectations upside down.

ALL OF THIS!!! KIM CHI FTW!

Sorry, I'm just a bit over excited because I've only just finished watching the first episode of season 8. I thought last season was a bit meh (still pissed that it's not on UK Netflix though) but this one looks like it's shaping up to be a lot better.

5 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

These pictures a slightly better. (and their clothing matches, at least)

tumblr_o3s51lBgI11uipssao1_540.png

You can see Joy's knees in this picture. Is anyone else feeling extremely defrauded? 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived