Counting On Season One

Coconut Flan

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I don't know what I'm stepping into," says Anna

I think it's called a 'cowpat'.

28 minutes ago, Hera said:

Forget Joy's knees - Jana's in bitch boots and flashing knee.  I need my smelling salts!

You know, it would have been better if they had kept the frumpers and changed the less superficial things.  

3 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Makes you wonder how she plans to handle four or five or more.  It takes at least 6 years before a daughter is ready to take over parental duties, an her first born is a son.

It also amazes me that she wasn't (apparently) prepared for this.  Even if she got out of a lot of the infant care because Jana did it, she might have noticed?

I believe her answers all begin with the letter J.

I am not surprised that the article is fluff. I am also not suprised that Ben is again so happy or interchangeable.

jana looks glowing. Maybe she was overshadowed by Jill all her life.

4 hours ago, Drala said:

The best thing to happen in reality TV is season 8 of Rupaul's Drag Race.  The queens in this year's competition are fearce!  Rupaul's competitive drag show really turns the world of mundane expectations upside down.

What is Counting On by comparison?  Something to watch that will put me to sleep.

So much this!! I live for that show. AND the part that completely trumps any fundie reality TV show is that Logo puts the episodes online for free with no advertisements the day after they air. 

53 minutes ago, nst said:

I am not surprised that the article is fluff. I am also not suprised that Ben is again so happy or interchangeable.

jana looks glowing. Maybe she was overshadowed by Jill all her life.

My pet theory based on not much more than my extreme dislike of Jill is that she was an insufferable drag to live and grow up with. Ever had to live with someone who is chipper and talkative and perkily bossy all fucking day because she likes everything just so and everything has to be perfect for Jesus? Because I did once (minus the Jesus part, thank FSM), and when I didn't want to murder the person I wanted to jam an ice pick into my ear. Plus, in the all about Jill episode, I think the tattle tale stuff wasn't just cute childhood stuff. Jana played it off as, "Oh, she just liked to hold us accountable," but I didn't buy it. I think even as an "adult" she was running to her parents if her siblings might be doing or thinking something not Gothard approved. 

JD actually looks the best I've ever seen him before in this photo shoot.  I had thought he totally checked-out on the family, but it seems he'll be featured as much as the rest.

Where are JD's eyebrows? Why does he look like a different human being in this picture???

e2fc6fa20f26559584a6a5233aa3ecf6.png.3818273435584d57709bbb533af4c387.png

Jim Bob doesn't have eyebrows either. I don't trust anyone without eyebrows, as a general rule that I recognize is as ridiculous as it is arbitrary.

9 minutes ago, lascuba said:

My pet theory based on not much more than my extreme dislike of Jill is that she was an insufferable drag to live and grow up with. Ever had to live with someone who is chipper and talkative and perkily bossy all fucking day because she likes everything just so and everything has to be perfect for Jesus? Because I did once (minus the Jesus part, thank FSM), and when I didn't want to murder the person I wanted to jam an ice pick into my ear. Plus, in the all about Jill episode, I think the tattle tale stuff wasn't just cute childhood stuff. Jana played it off as, "Oh, she just liked to hold us accountable," but I didn't buy it. I think even as an "adult" she was running to her parents if her siblings might be doing or thinking something not Gothard approved. 

I was Jana (or perhaps Jessa) to my sister's Jill.  She was the golden child tattle tale who would stop at nothing to get me in trouble if it meant getting points with my parents.  And t o top that off, I couldn't have my moments in the sun either and excel at something.  There's a pic of her crying hysterically on one of my birthdays because I was getting presents and she was not (our birthdays are 6 months apart).  Another time, my whole family took up skiing, but as soon as she realized I was better than her at it, she put up a fight about going adn the whole family had to stop.

There's been so many times I've wanted to smack Jill across the face for what she did to her sisters-- Jana and the hideous bridesmaids dresses (could have at least offered help), announcing her pregnancy at the same time as Jessa's engagement, correcting Jinger when it comes to the city.  Haven't noticed it with Joy, but she's her sister mom.

Thank dog no Jesus though.  

11 minutes ago, MatthewDuggar said:

JD actually looks the best I've ever seen him before in this photo shoot.  I had thought he totally checked-out on the family, but it seems he'll be featured as much as the rest.

I find that the way JD looks in a picture is highly dependent on the lighting, camera angle, and a bunch of other variables. There are some pictures where he looks really good, and others less so. As someone mentioned upthread, the bad diet, lack of exercise, and Duggar male pattern baldness seems to really catch up with the J'boys in their twenties.

3 hours ago, sta_sha said:

So why aren't Jill and her gospel bum husband part of the photo? I know Jill would never miss an opportunity to be paid for being "godly." Does Derick's appearance make him not quite ready for prime time these days?

I actually think that the People article is one of the most honest to date.

I can understand that they've forgiven him.  This isn't a fundie thing, this is a family thing--for them, the  way to move on is to forgive.  But, at least they're being honest that there is a trust issue.  Forgiveness has never meant forgetting.  It seems to be a distinction that their parents were unable to make 10 years ago.  Forgive young Josh the molestations, but don't forget that HE did something wrong and hold HIM accountable for his actions.  Forgive adult Josh the adultery, but don't forget that he betrayed his wife/family.  They aren't willing to just pretend that this is something that "every family deals with" or "boys will be boys"  or "satan made him do it" or some other crap expression.

I wish it was Anna saying this too not just the siblings.  But, maybe she's hearing it... I hope so.

1 hour ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I was Jana (or perhaps Jessa) to my sister's Jill.  She was the golden child tattle tale who would stop at nothing to get me in trouble if it meant getting points with my parents.  And t o top that off, I couldn't have my moments in the sun either and excel at something.  There's a pic of her crying hysterically on one of my birthdays because I was getting presents and she was not (our birthdays are 6 months apart).  Another time, my whole family took up skiing, but as soon as she realized I was better than her at it, she put up a fight about going adn the whole family had to stop.

There's been so many times I've wanted to smack Jill across the face for what she did to her sisters-- Jana and the hideous bridesmaids dresses (could have at least offered help), announcing her pregnancy at the same time as Jessa's engagement, correcting Jinger when it comes to the city.  Haven't noticed it with Joy, but she's her sister mom.

Thank dog no Jesus though.  

There is no more telling a moment when it comes to Jill than that one. I went from thinking she was annoying as hell but putting it down mostly to personality preference to knowing that girl was absolute trash. 

Is someone buying the peoplle magazine and scanning it 

I would normally take one for the team

but here in ps the stores are far away

:)

2 hours ago, Mothership said:

I actually think that the People article is one of the most honest to date.

I can understand that they've forgiven him.  This isn't a fundie thing, this is a family thing--for them, the  way to move on is to forgive.  But, at least they're being honest that there is a trust issue.  Forgiveness has never meant forgetting.  It seems to be a distinction that their parents were unable to make 10 years ago.  Forgive young Josh the molestations, but don't forget that HE did something wrong and hold HIM accountable for his actions.  Forgive adult Josh the adultery, but don't forget that he betrayed his wife/family.  They aren't willing to just pretend that this is something that "every family deals with" or "boys will be boys"  or "satan made him do it" or some other crap expression.

I wish it was Anna saying this too not just the siblings.  But, maybe she's hearing it... I hope so.

I don't care if they forgive him for the molestations. That's personal between the ones that happened. I don't want to know. I could never but that's me and I would never be on tv defending it.  And the fact that they did and more disturbs me.

what I don't like is they are still talking about him. It's like he has so much power which es

sentially he does.  The basis of the show is about counting on, whether that means more kids, or more family. I don't know.  I just go back to pregnant jessa telling her pregnant tales.

the only reason they are doing this show is because it's the way that they have to make money. And the fact that Ben has his shit eating grin disturbs me.

11 hours ago, lascuba said:

I can bet my life on this. Jinger and Jana look beautiful and more relaxed. Derick looks absolutely miserable. Jill must be life sucker :S

What bugs me the most is Jessa swinging that baby around in every picture, promo, commercial (I saw a bunch last night.).  If I was getting together with all my siblings for a picture or whatever I wouldn't be parading around my kids, especially if the others didn't have any.  I would know that would make them feel bad, it's such an obvious grab for the spotlight. 

9 minutes ago, anotherone said:

What bugs me the most is Jessa swinging that baby around in every picture, promo, commercial (I saw a bunch last night.).  If I was getting together with all my siblings for a picture or whatever I wouldn't be parading around my kids, especially if the others didn't have any.  I would know that would make them feel bad, it's such an obvious grab for the spotlight. 

I see what you mean. I think grabbing for the spotlight is who they are.  It's what buys them paper plates and tater tots at Walmart. Their bread and butter. 

38 minutes ago, anotherone said:

I can't blame her for wanting to grab the spotlight.  IT was grabbed from her for most of her life and her 'competition' for the spotlight is living abroad.

51 minutes ago, anotherone said:

But, giving birth is the only thing that 23-year-old Jessa has ever accomplished.  She never even passed the G.E.D.  

51 minutes ago, anotherone said:

But this is what she was trained to do.

Get married to a grifter and have a baby. She is only hanging it over their heads.

surely you approve

Bushes of love & felinefundie:  Can you imagine the cross-over episode - Josh Duggar Untucked?  Or his drag persona - Fundie LaDouche?  

I wonder how the Dillards feel that they are totally left out of the photos and promotion?

The show is called Jessa and Jill Counting On, and there's no Jill?

How many trips did they make last August and then the prolonged trip in September-October and now, nothing????

These folks make no sense at all.

There is no reason that Jill and Izzy could not have returned to the states for a bit. We all know they are not doing anything useful for SOS. Heck, a couple of J kids could have flown down to make the trip with Jill if she's too incompetent to travel alone.

1 hour ago, anotherone said:

I hate the trailer where she picks up SES from the bed and does not support his little neck. His poor little head lags/drags/hangs as she scoops him up.

They are not smart or experienced people, yet they think they know it all...every.last.one.of.them.

Just now, SassyPants said:

I wonder how the Dillards feel that they are totally left out of the photos and promotion?

The show is called Jessa and Jill Counting On, and there's no Jill?

How many trips did they make last August and then the prolonged trip in September-October and now, nothing????

These folks make no sense at all.

There is no reason that Jill and Izzy could not have returned to the states for a bit. We all know they are not doing anything useful for SOS. Heck, a couple of J kids could have flown down to make the trip with Jill if she's too incompetent to travel alone.

2 hours ago, anotherone said:

:huh:  :my_confused:

ETA; After Amy's September wedding, Jill and Derick said they wouldn't come back until the spring or summer.  You know we would've been angry if the Dillards came back to do promos.

10 minutes ago, Kira said:

:huh:  :my_confused:

ETA; After Amy's September wedding, Jill and Derick said they wouldn't come back until the spring or summer.  You know we would've been angry if the Dillards came back to do promos.

Only because they made such a big hullabaloo about leaving last summer, only to return many times and for a protracted time in the Fall. They should have utilized some common sense and waited a bit.

It's their lack of common $en$e and wasting of donated money that bothers me.

There was no reason for them to spend 6 weeks in the US late last summer and all of September.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived