IGNORED

Counting On Season One

Coconut Flan

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bugaboo said:

Here's a photo from Duggar Family Blog. Are they *gasp* DANCING? Uh oh....

IMG_20160308_121821.jpg

Maybe they are all taking an enthusiastic step forward? I don't like the huge leap TLC made from weird fundamentalist family to cheery young adults. They should have done something like this when the original show was on.

Jessa's positioning is odd. She looks like she'd be uncomfortable at that angle, and if they're not careful at least one person is about to kick her. I don't understand why they have her in front rather than in line with everyone else. The pose would look a lot more natural if she was holding the baby with both hands and Ben and her brother each had an arm around her, rather than Ben awkwardly trying to hold the baby from behind Jessa.

Jumping for Jesus. No dancing, even though it's in the Bible. After that they drink the grape juice that Jesus changed from water.

Gotta love their interpretations.

13 hours ago, season of life said:

Let me predict some of the "highlights" of the new episode of Jill and Jessa: Counting On... 

• Multiple scenes with Jessa, Ben, and their little chunk of a baby, as the parents discuss how special it is to raise him
  • Talking heads of the older children as they talk about whatever topic TLC wants them to talk about
  • Mentions of the new "season of life" for the Duggars, especially Jessa

I'll add to your excellent prediction list a few more highlights:

• Jill and Derrick announce a pregnancy and tease the concept of adoption in multiple episodes.  
  • Jessa and Ben take foster/adoption classes and talk to families who had adopted children.  This adoption never actually happens.
  • A J-Dugger J-Kid J-Courtship is teased multiple times for viewing boosts.
  • Josh comes home, it isn't mentioned on air at all, and Anna suddenly disappears from the show with no explanation. 
  • Jana and Joy Anna continue looking wan and fairly miserable as they raise all the youngest J-kids plus all the M-kids.  They continually fap about their "jurisdictions" and the "blessing" that the "little ones" are to them as the "little ones" destroy aisles at the grocery store on shopping trips.

Ermegerd, that picture is so awkward. But, then again, so are these people. It makes me kind of glad I will be on a spring break trip when the show debuts on March 15. I'll still set my DVR because I'm a glutton for punishment, but this shitshow is ridiculous. Et tu, Brute? Beware the ides of March!

If there is a courtship on the show, It'll be incredibly hyped up. We may imagine all sorts of men for Jinger and Jana, but can you predict the turds JB finds for them? I only hope whatever courtship happens on the show fizzles out like Josiah's courtship.  

27 minutes ago, Bugaboo said:

IMG_20160308_121821.jpg

Why does everyone look normal and Joy looks like she's going to a funeral?

Just now, OyToTheVey said:

Why does everyone look normal and Joy looks like she's going to a funeral?

Because it's the death of any chance she has for a normal life.

On 3/1/2016 at 7:25 PM, nst said:

I had such good joke about why Ben can't take his hat off - because his wig will fall off :D 

Actually, I thought it was because he has only lonely brain cell and if he takes his hat off it will escape

1 minute ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Because it's the death of any chance she has for a normal life.

:evil-laugh:

26 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Jessa's positioning is odd. She looks like she'd be uncomfortable at that angle, and if they're not careful at least one person is about to kick her. I don't understand why they have her in front rather than in line with everyone else. The pose would look a lot more natural if she was holding the baby with both hands and Ben and her brother each had an arm around her, rather than Ben awkwardly trying to hold the baby from behind Jessa.

My guess is that Ben has to show that Jessa "belongs" to him by grasping Spurge from behind. Because we would never be able to remember that they were married to each other if they walked side by side.

In terms of the photo...pick a shoe theme folks. It's March and technically not yet Spring, let alone Summer. Lose those awful sandals, Jessa.

For girls who are not all about the beach and swimming etc... they sure like them some sandals and FFs.

Aldo, i wonder if that is photshopped in some way, or did JD lose half his body weight?

59 minutes ago, Bugaboo said:

IMG_20160308_121821.jpg

I like to think JD and Josiah (and maybe Jinger and Joy) are doing the can-can :dance:

On 3/3/2016 at 2:32 PM, JesSky03 said:

ETA: And it's not the bars that really upset me. We can avoid those easy. Its the concept of not being able to go to an event without alcohol being served. I had to steal the car keys from my mom at my confirmation party so she wouldn't drive us home drunk. My confirmation party of all things. 

I think part of that issue is that it doesn't occur to someone without a drinking issue, or a close relative/acquaintance with a drinking issue, to have an event without alcohol. I'd certainly never have a birthday party, bbq, or any other get together without ample wine and beer. It's how I grew up, it's how my friends do get togethers, I can't imagine it any other way. BUT if I knew someone who was an alcoholic and was coming to my event, I might think differently.

1 hour ago, Bugaboo said:

IMG_20160308_121821.jpg

They all look effing crazy in that photo...

Maybe that is TLC's new angle.

19 minutes ago, twinmama said:

I think part of that issue is that it doesn't occur to someone without a drinking issue, or a close relative/acquaintance with a drinking issue, to have an event without alcohol. I'd certainly never have a birthday party, bbq, or any other get together without ample wine and beer. It's how I grew up, it's how my friends do get togethers, I can't imagine it any other way. BUT if I knew someone who was an alcoholic and was coming to my event, I might think differently.

I don't want to keep derailing the thread, but I understand that certain events come with alcohol. It's to be expected and I wouldn't want anyone to feel like they couldn't serve alcohol because someone else has a drinking problem- that just makes the person with the problem feel worse while everyone else feels awkward. A bbq, a football game, adult party etc, yes there will be alcohol- it just comes with the territory. But I played softball from the ages of 5-14 and even the concession stands sold beer. Weekend tournaments meant drunk and loud parents. I really don't see how that's appropriate at a child's sporting event. 18 year old's graduating high school have drunken parties with their parents getting drunk right alongside them. In WI it's legal to serve your kids alcohol as long as you the parent are with them. Even a licensed bar can serve underage kids if the parents are with them. Considering how high our alcohol related car accidents and deaths are in WI and the continuing rise of heroin abuse, I would like to see our "culture" take a step back from this mentality of not being able to have fun or host an event without a mind altering substance. 

IMG_20160308_121821.jpg

It looks like they're doing the march of the mods (possibly UK only 1970's childhood reference - dance that involved marching round church halls at every disco ever until agadoo arrived sometime in the 80's) good times!:dance:

the first thoughts that came to my mind: this is a super awkward weird picture.  spurge is the only one with an authentic expression. Which appears to be a mixture of fear and exasperation.  The rest of their faces.....well, the brother on the farthest right (sorry, names are escaping me more and more these days) looks like he's about to take a bit out of the photographer. marroon shirt, jd? looks like he has no idea what is happening here.  Jessa looks so old (i know we've discussed this before, but still, she looks so much older now to me).  Jana looks tired.  I do not think they were dancing.  their legs aren't even blurry. Looks like the photographer set this up, positioning and all. Then had them take steps forward, and asked them to freeze in position, maybe to make it look like they are moving forward, metaphorically speaking.

Spurge is fed up with this bullshit. Look at that little face. He knows what's up.

IMG_20160308_121821.jpg

I want to know why Jessa is hold Spurge like a rugby ball. The idea of her legging it out of shot and chucking herself and the poor kid for a try is both harsh and hilarious. Four points to Jessa!

Just now, season of life said:

Spurge is fed up with this bullshit. Look at that little face. He knows what's up.

I wonder if he thinks he's about to be dropped? "guys, i don't think she's got me!"

or maybe just "ANOTHER picture? And i just shit my pants too. Bet that's not going to get changed for awhile"

For what's it's worth, TLC did a pretty good job getting them to actually smile for this picture. It almost reaches their eyes. (In Ben's case though, that smile is TOO big. I'm creeped out.)

Spurgeon looks like a stuffed prop.

I agree on the comment that they were directed to "Take a big step forward raising one leg" and this was the result.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived