IGNORED

Counting On Season One

Coconut Flan

3 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Wow, I watched Little Couple and didn't actually count the promos, but ten, wow. 

And Jen and  Bill Klein are just amazing people. 

It was 12 after the episode was over. 12 promos for Counting On during one hour. That's insane. I thought CMT was bad for their show advertising. 

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if the commercial time will be spent on TLC promos or if they have actual advertisers back in the game?

4 minutes ago, VixenToast said:

I wonder if the commercial time will be spent on TLC promos or if they have actual advertisers back in the game?

Interesting question and we will have to take note. I mean, I will watch it. 

7 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

Ha, love Ben throwing shade with the "I've been informed that wives don't like it being called babysitting". They must be learning from the Dullards.

Jessa with "of a infant". 

Proof positive that they actually absorb the criticisms that they see (and ban) on their social media.

"I've been informed that wives don't like it being called babysitting".

Do husbands like it being called babysitting?

My father would have been livid if he was described as babysitting me. He was parenting, just the same as my mother was.

Ok,  So this may seem petty, but I can't believe what a mess Jill's house is in this promo. 

First off,  The poor missionaries have an awfully nice stainless steel fridge in their 'third world" kitchen.  next the short pic of the bedroom showed a mess next to the bed and clutter seemed to be in the other shots as well.  I am not a neat freak, but honestly, if I were home with just one baby and I knew I was being filmed,  my home would be at least presentable. 

Oh my, I hope Joy isn't courting.  She is soooo young. 

It is hard for me personally at this point to get excited about the females courting because their lives as babymakers are ......well, overwhelming. Perhaps not to them. 

7 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

This line bothers me too. right thing according to whom? who is she trying to please?

God.

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Do husbands like it being called babysitting?

My father would have been livid if he was described as babysitting me. He was parenting, just the same as my mother was.

I get the feeling fundie* people might prefer to say fathering** more than parenting. You've got to keep your God-given gender roles after all.

*I'm pretty sure in my fundie-lite upbringing I heard the words fathering (or something dad related) a lot more than I ever did hear parenting referring to fathers unless it was to do with spanking.

**"You can dad" anyone?

12 hours ago, Mercer said:

"Having the full 24-hour care of an infant – every diaper change, every feeding, it's all on you," -Jessa

I can't really snark on that comment.  When I had my eldest I was amazed that there was this tiny human being that was totally reliant on me, obviously I knew what having a baby was about but the feeling of responsibility once she was born was overwhelming.

Lets not forget that her role model mom would have had help with her babies from birth whereas Jessa & Bin boy are living separately from the rest of the fam.  Even if they have the J slaves coming over to visit and help out, the buck stops with them.

10 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

For me, 0-6 months has been the hardest age so far. My son is only 2 and a half though so we'll see how it goes. I mean, things now are harder in some ways. But overall, I'm enjoying it WAY more than the first six months.

As for the promo....

Anyone else think JD seems kind of annoyed when the courtship question is asked? 

I think the promo wants us to believe it's Joy. But I think it's likely Jinger.

Or no one.

My mom loves babies. So lots of cuddling, responsiveness etc in my infancy. But she had checked out by toddler hood, mostly handing me off to other people (sound familiar?)  So parenting an infant was easy for me, making those attachments easy. But once she started getting independent, pushing away from me and wanting to push my buttons, I had to find new parenting strategies and fight my urge to check out. 

According to my mother I stopped wanting to hold her hand around 2, and that's when "i stopped loving her".  She also claims you really don't need to be parented once you turn 5.

I never thought those statements were weird until I had my own baby and reevaluated them.  Having children of your own forces you to reevaluate how you were parented.  It'll be interesting to see if jessa/jill go through an emotional renaissance of sorts and change their own parenting practices. Or if they just keep forcing down all those icky feelings that come up, stay sweet and follow mom's advice.

And. I totally called it

they are all in people magazine this week. They forgive josh. Cue the trump card.

it is really quite pathetic and yes I use that word a lot. But I can't believe we are subjected to more of this same. Why can't they call a spade and not be on tv.

they are so preditictable

15 hours ago, neat said:

Is it just me or does Jana point to John David when the camera guy asks if there's "anything on the horizon" (around 0:25)

OK I was just dying when I saw that.  When asked who was courting next, she waved her finger back and forth between the two, like she meant it would probably be one of them.  But for an instant it looked like, yes us two.  I guess I'm just learning way too much about fundies that I assume the brother and sister are the next to court each other. :)

49 minutes ago, nst said:

And. I totally called it

they are all in people magazine this week. They forgive josh. Cue the trump card.

it is really quite pathetic and yes I use that word a lot. But I can't believe we are subjected to more of this same. Why can't they call a spade and not be on tv.

I wonder how angry they are that Nancy Reagan died this week and stole their cover from them

59 minutes ago, nst said:

And. I totally called it

Can you share? Is this online somewhere?

3 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Can you share? Is this online somewhere?

If you go to the magazine's website it is the first thing you see.

16 hours ago, lascuba said:

<snip>

About Jana--this is going to sound a bit snarky and critical but it's really not...

The change in her has been dramatic. It's amazing how she kept herself mousy and insipid on camera for years and now she actually speaks in a normal voice, laughs, and looks more natural on screen than any of her family members ever had. That girl is one hell of an actress and clearly a brilliant manipulator. There's hope for her yet. <snip>

I wonder if Josh screwing up in such a MAJOR way this past year has released a burden on this family and especially the older children to not feel like they have to be perfect.  I wonder if that is why Jana seems more animated. 

Or maybe just Jill and Jessa being gone has helped her to lighten up. 

I don't know what it is, but she is more "alive" looking.  Actually, all of them are, which seems strange and suspect. 

20 hours ago, MatthewDuggar said:

Spurgeon looks like a stuffed prop.

I agree on the comment that they were directed to "Take a big step forward raising one leg" and this was the result.

I am SO GLAD I'm not the only person who thinks that...

32 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

That story, dated today, says that Josh is still at Recovery Unanimous in Illinois.

I wonder if that's true, and when he will get out.  He could just be hiding out at the compound.  The problem is, he has to emerge eventually, and the longer he hides, the more of a big deal it will be to the press.  Especially with the new show coming out.

7 hours ago, OnceUponATime said:

God.

I get the feeling fundie* people might prefer to say fathering** more than parenting. You've got to keep your God-given gender roles after all.

*I'm pretty sure in my fundie-lite upbringing I heard the words fathering (or something dad related) a lot more than I ever did hear parenting referring to fathers unless it was to do with spanking.

**"You can dad" anyone?

The term "parenting" to refer to the nurturing, educating and caring for a child is relatively new in popular usage.  Around 1990 the "Issues" Forum on Compuserve opened a "Parenting" section and there was a big argument about the word being an unnecessary neologism-- that we have "mothering" and "fathering" so why "invent" the word "parenting" . As I recall, the explanation that was given for "parenting" as a word was that "fathering" is limited in meaning to procreating.  A man can "father" a child simply by impregnating a woman who then has a baby.  A woman has to take care of the baby (not just carry it to term and deliver it) to be said to "mother" (note that this distinction applies to the verb form, not the noun).

I can well believe that fundies did not like the egalitarian-sounding "to parent."  Interesting that they  sometimes use "to father" in a broader sense.  The old usage was "be a father."

14 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Joy is beautiful. 

She really is.  As is Jinger (especially now that she's laying off the bronzer - her skin looks phenomenal now)

These pictures a slightly better. (and their clothing matches, at least)

tumblr_o3s51lBgI11uipssao1_540.png

tumblr_o3s51lBgI11uipssao2_540.png

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived