IGNORED

Counting On Season One

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Kjaerringa said:

So. What if Jana's mysterious comment, "I didn't see THIS coming!" refers to the fact that Michelle is now pregnant with a new blessing......... :special-snowflake1: ducking and running, now!

Michelle being pregnant is the LAST thing that could ever surprise a duggar.  My guess is some type of double courtship.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Michelle being pregnant is the LAST thing that could ever surprise a duggar.  My guess is some type of double courtship.

a set of fundie boy/girl twins for Jana and JD?

"Having the full 24-hour care of an infant – every diaper change, every feeding, it's all on you," -Jessa

Jessa. Seriously.

I know that being the parent of an infant isn't easy, but this is such a tone deaf comment considering how much easier her life is compared to that of most new parents. 

They are a two-parent family with no other children. Neither of them have any job commitments, and they also do not appear to have to worry about how to provide an income or how to house their family. If they need babysitting help, they have multiple family members living close by who also have no work commitments that would limit the time they have available to assist. 

I'm sure Jessa has her own struggles and I don't mean to imply that nothing is hard for her. Being a parent is a huge adjustment no matter the circumstances. It just comes off as major self-absorption and tunnel vision for her to focus on that when she has so many benefits that most parents can't even dream of.

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

If they need babysitting help, they have multiple family members living close by who also have no work commitments that would limit the time they have available to assist. 

Nor do they have to pay the going rate for a babysitter.

I think the thing that really takes the cake in that picture is Josiah and Joseph. Everybody else is at least smiling. But, those two boys (especially Josiah) look like they're attempting goose stepping with derpy looks on their faces. It really shouldn't surprise me, though. The promo pic with the three girls and Jessa in front was so weird, too.

Jessa, honey, this is why you go on birth control if you're not ready to have a child. She has it so much better than other people, what with her TLC money and People magazine covers. I just hope that, after the pain of giving birth to Spud, she'll decide not to have more than five children.

Ben. Rapping. I cannot stand the Duggars, but I cannot stand Ben and his dopey little face even more. Somebody get him off the screen. 

This promo makes the Duggars sound normal and conversational (like when Anna was teasing Joy about boys). A courtship may happen on the show, and if it does, it better involve wealthy men for Jana and Jinger because if these ladies have to spend their lives as fundie wives, they better do so rich.

I guess now we get to find out how much of the Duggar roboticness was from editing the shows to play up the freakshow aspect, and how much was an inability on their part to interact like typical human beings.

4 hours ago, neat said:

For what's it's worth, TLC did a pretty good job getting them to actually smile for this picture. It almost reaches their eyes. (In Ben's case though, that smile is TOO big. I'm creeped out.)

Yeah, this is the only picture of Bin I've ever seen when his eyelids are raised above half mast. Must have been a really exciting photo shoot. ;)

Huh, so Jessa and Ben's campaign to prove how down they are by having black "friends" will be carried over from instagram to the show. Should have seen that coming. 

About Jana--this is going to sound a bit snarky and critical but it's really not...

The change in her has been dramatic. It's amazing how she kept herself mousy and insipid on camera for years and now she actually speaks in a normal voice, laughs, and looks more natural on screen than any of her family members ever had. That girl is one hell of an actress and clearly a brilliant manipulator. There's hope for her yet. 

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

That photo is terribly awkward. They're not all stepping in sync, Josiah looks way too theatrical, the positioning of the Smugwalds is strange. 

I also watched the preview, all of that drama is forced. "Oh no, something could go wrong building this tree house!" "Oh know, the Dullards aren't safe!" 

but LOL to wearing clothes underneath those spa towels for extra modesty. 

All the promotional photos have been horrible. I can't decide of the designers, photographers, and editors are that inept or if they're cleverly letting us know how much they hate that family. 

ETA: I think a lot of the awkwardness in those photos is due to the fact that these people are not physically affectionate at all and are just not used to touching other. Anything but brief sid hugs is very unnatural to them. 

4 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

Is it just me or does Jana point to John David when the camera guy asks if there's "anything on the horizon" (around 0:25)

I agree with the people saying it looks like it's Joy who's courting. Or maybe there's two courtships? Gotta keep those viewers interested somehow...

Seriously Jessa? "it's all on you". What did she think having a baby was? didn't she see baby after baby being born and cared for? She helped raise them for crying out loud. Maybe she thought being mom would be the same as sister mom, but it turns out she only has regular sitters, but no live in help?  She complains about doing all the changes, and there's ben, doing a diaper change, not her. Yes, being a mom is incredibly hard work. But it's a lot easier in her situation (someone talked about her situation above, i won't reiterate) than in many others. Like single moms, or where dad has to work full time again right away, low income, unstable housing etc etc.  

And honestly that part of child rearing is the easy part. Nurse, (or bottle), burp, change, sleep, play repeat.  It gets much harder as they grow.  My husband did a total of like, 12 diapers in over 2 years.  Perhaps she's really trying to explain how emotional being a mom is, maybe she's having emotional triggers brought up from her own early years, but just doesn't have the insight or vocab to explain it.

Maybe it's Jinger that's got a man.  She dodged that question like a hot potato....

1 minute ago, sunshine said:

Can we agree to not court of Joy just yet? She has to be what? 16?

18 as of October(?) so she's all set to court 

Anna's robot-ness comes out loud and clear. "Just have the right response, say the right thing, for the next fifteen minutes."

NO, Anna. Have an AUTHENTIC response. Do the REAL thing. 

3 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Anna's robot-ness comes out loud and clear. "Just have the right response, say the right thing, for the next fifteen minutes."

NO, Anna. Have an AUTHENTIC response. Do the REAL thing. 

This line bothers me too. right thing according to whom? who is she trying to please? her in laws? gothard? her parents? her husband? the leg humpers? it seems like her biggest concern right now is playing the politics, not expressing her true feelings.

7 hours ago, FaithAndReason said:

My guess is that Ben has to show that Jessa "belongs" to him by grasping Spurge from behind. Because we would never be able to remember that they were married to each other if they walked side by side.

The picture looks to me like they were told to walk/run and clown around and the "best" picture got picked. And I think the idea is that the Duggars are showcased and the non-Duggar (Ben) is sort of in back.  

I don't know if it's Jana who's courting because every time anyone brings up courting she seems.....disinterested? Like when Josh joked about her and Jinger courting during that Dishing with the Duggars special and now in the Counting On commercial. I mean, as someone mentioned she appears to be a good actress so who knows? I wouldn't be shocked if someone else is courting but it isn't far fetched if it is Jana. 

Honestly, I feel like Jinger is the next to court because she seems like she would want to go through the "phases of life" with Jessa. Similar to how BFF's want to raise their kids together. 

I think the promo pic looks asinine and completely phony.  And I wonder if they all really wanted to participate.

Hope all wisdom teeth that need to be gone are already gone...

I'm watching the Little Couple and 40 minutes into the show I have counted 10 Counting On promotions. One of those was check out what Jill and Derick are doing in South America by going to so and so website. 

I think that 2 min promo is the most air time john david has had in years. 

3 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

Seriously Jessa? "it's all on you". What did she think having a baby was? didn't she see baby after baby being born and cared for? She helped raise them for crying out loud. Maybe she thought being mom would be the same as sister mom, but it turns out she only has regular sitters, but no live in help?  She complains about doing all the changes, and there's ben, doing a diaper change, not her. Yes, being a mom is incredibly hard work. But it's a lot easier in her situation (someone talked about her situation above, i won't reiterate) than in many others. Like single moms, or where dad has to work full time again right away, low income, unstable housing etc etc.  

And honestly that part of child rearing is the easy part. Nurse, (or bottle), burp, change, sleep, play repeat.  It gets much harder as they grow.  My husband did a total of like, 12 diapers in over 2 years.  Perhaps she's really trying to explain how emotional being a mom is, maybe she's having emotional triggers brought up from her own early years, but just doesn't have the insight or vocab to explain it.

For me, 0-6 months has been the hardest age so far. My son is only 2 and a half though so we'll see how it goes. I mean, things now are harder in some ways. But overall, I'm enjoying it WAY more than the first six months.

As for the promo....

Anyone else think JD seems kind of annoyed when the courtship question is asked? 

I think the promo wants us to believe it's Joy. But I think it's likely Jinger.

Or no one.

1 hour ago, Withagrainofsalt said:

I'm watching the Little Couple and 40 minutes into the show I have counted 10 Counting On promotions. One of those was check out what Jill and Derick are doing in South America by going to so and so website. 

Wow, I watched Little Couple and didn't actually count the promos, but ten, wow. 

And Jen and  Bill Klein are just amazing people. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived