IGNORED

Counting On Season One

Coconut Flan

52 minutes ago, Trynn said:

Check out the Sinclair method. I've had a lot of success with that. I haven't achieved total sobriety yet, but the amount of alcohol I drink since I started has been slashed down to almost nothing. I wish it would gain popularity here in the US.

I guess I'm kinda unique.... Seeing people drink doesn't tend to bother me.... Unless they're like my co worker and keep insisting I drink after I've said no. Then it's hard. Then I have to take a step back and say, ok, I can't hang out with this person, or be at events where he might be.

I'm not THAT strong.

I googled the bolded and found it really interesting! I live in NZ and there is a definite binge-drinking culture here. I had to give up alcohol completely for health reasons (unrelated to alcohol consumption) and I was lucky that it was pretty easy for me. I do feel sad sometimes when I see others drinking but I know it's not worth it for me.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Buzzard said:

THAT.IS.AWESOME

that is too damn nice for Josh, he needs something more like this.  

redneck_dog_house.jpg

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

So it's a structure built on stilts, between trees that sit in a cluster? OK- At least a few little kids get somewhere to play. Hannah is 10 and Jackson soon to be 12? 13?  Why didn't they do this seasons ago when they had all those energy filled little boys? 

They are not bright or logical people.

TLC didn't think of it or shell out the money back then.

15 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

TLC didn't think of it or shell out the money back then.

They didn't?

The entire fan damily  went to the British Isles, The Republic of Ireland, Israel, Japan, NYC, Disneyland, Dollywood... seems someone shelled out money.

A fake treehouse would have been money better spent than taking a bunch of disinterested and unruly kids all over the world.

13 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

They didn't?

The entire fan damily  went to the British Isles, The Republic of Ireland, Israel, Japan, NYC, Disneyland, Dollywood... seems someone shelled out money.

A fake treehouse would have been money better spent than taking a bunch of disinterested and unruly kids all over the world.

SP :D guess what :D they can create a fake family next 

26 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

They didn't?

I don't disagree that they could have done it sooner.  I just said they didn't think of it.  My point was that the treehouse now was probably TLC's idea (and money) just as the more expensive things you mention.  

Check out the Sinclair method. I've had a lot of success with that. I haven't achieved total sobriety yet, but the amount of alcohol I drink since I started has been slashed down to almost nothing. I wish it would gain popularity here in the US.

I guess I'm kinda unique.... Seeing people drink doesn't tend to bother me.... Unless they're like my co worker and keep insisting I drink after I've said no. Then it's hard. Then I have to take a step back and say, ok, I can't hang out with this person, or be at events where he might be.

I'm not THAT strong.

I googled the bolded and found it really interesting! I live in NZ and there is a definite binge-drinking culture here. I had to give up alcohol completely for health reasons (unrelated to alcohol consumption) and I was lucky that it was pretty easy for me. I do feel sad sometimes when I see others drinking but I know it's not worth it for me.

It is amazing what science can do.

I looked into SMART, but anything that advocates changing how I think is kind of triggering to me because I grew up in a cult. Also, I've found it more helpful to allow myself to feel what I am feeling, until I am done feeling it, and it's actually a a lot easier to move on with my life doing that than trying to actually change the entire way my thought process works.

With the Sinclair method I can condition myself, which by itself isn't enouh, I am working on getting therapy but money and availability (I get the feeling they have so many psych patients they only take those in immediate danger of killing themselves. Which I'm not, so no one cares.)

I mean if other people find smart helpful, have at it. I just tend to beware of people who will insist you must change your entire way of thinking.

Smart doesn't insist on changing the way you think. It encourages you to find a balance that works for you. It encourages mindfulness and acceptance of your feelings (like letting your cravings roll past like a wave, acknowledging them but not giving in to them). I liked it as an alternative to 12 step programs because there are no demands of one twue way and no religious overtones. No one path is perfect for everybody, so feel free to pass on Smart. But when it was a choice between it or the doctrine of NA, I sure appreciated that it existed.

I got to say, I've stopped watching a lot of shows on TLC lately, except when my Big Fat Fabulous Life or Say Yes To the Dress is on. I love me some Whitney Thore, but I've really gotten into a lot of Bravo programming lately. The point is, it's been SO. NICE. not to have seen any of the promos for the new season of Counting On, except for on here when they were first released. I'm really a nice person, but every time I see Bin's shit-eating grin, I just want to reach through the TV and punch him in his shit-eating face. Same applies to JBoob. It's probably for the best I've stayed away from TLC for awhile lol.

Another sad thing about the Gothard/Crazed Fundamantalist life is that these are just the people we know about. Remember the huge crowds we saw at the homeschool conference whereever that was. So many womand and young people subjected to all of this.

Well I guess that is not a happy thought for the day so I will stop now. 

3 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I got to say, I've stopped watching a lot of shows on TLC lately, except when my Big Fat Fabulous Life or Say Yes To the Dress is on. I love me some Whitney Thore, but I've really gotten into a lot of Bravo programming lately. The point is, it's been SO. NICE. not to have seen any of the promos for the new season of Counting On, except for on here when they were first released. I'm really a nice person, but every time I see Bin's shit-eating grin, I just want to reach through the TV and punch him in his shit-eating face. Same applies to JBoob. It's probably for the best I've stayed away from TLC for awhile lol.

Every single time I'm like, hm I wonder what's on TLC right now, its My 600 Pound Life.  I wish they played something other than that for a change. 

17 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I don't disagree that they could have done it sooner.  I just said they didn't think of it.  My point was that the treehouse now was probably TLC's idea (and money) just as the more expensive things you mention.  

The tree house is a fairly cheap thing for tlc to sponsor. They are taking a bit of a gamble bringing these people back. No way they are willing to gamble around the world episodes right now, which would be inappropriate on many levels right now anyhow. It's a "wholesome, traditional family" plot they can do, and for tlc not shell out much dough for. Look how sweet and normal we are, how traditionally american! we're building a tree house for the kids!  

22 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

The tree house is a fairly cheap thing for tlc to sponsor. They are taking a bit of a gamble bringing these people back. No way they are willing to gamble around the world episodes right now, which would be inappropriate on many levels right now anyhow. It's a "wholesome, traditional family" plot they can do, and for tlc not shell out much dough for. Look how sweet and normal we are, how traditionally american! we're building a tree house for the kids!  

One interesting thing about the 'Tree House Episode" we have yet to see is that tree houses are for little kids.  The Jill and Jessa: Counting On series is supposed to be about the adult kids.   It seems to me that building the tree house is just the excuse to have all of the Duggar kids (except deadbeat Dad Josh) appear back on TLC again, just like old times.  Really, why else would TLC suggest that for a story line?  Jill and Jessa don't have kids old enough to play in a tree house.

9 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

One interesting thing about the 'Tree House Episode" we have yet to see is that tree houses are for little kids.  The Jill and Jessa: Counting On series is supposed to be about the adult kids.   It seems to me that building the tree house is just the excuse to have all of the Duggar kids (except deadbeat Dad Josh) appear back on TLC again, just like old times.  Really, why else would TLC suggest that for a story line?  Jill and Jessa don't have kids old enough to play in a tree house.

Yeah, i find that confusing too. Plus, it's on jb and m's compound, not jill/jessa's back yard. Making a play room for spurge or izzy, or babyproofing, or hanging an infant swing or something would be a more plausible story line if they were focusing on the girls. This seems like what you said, a way for the rest of the family to be prominent without it looking too suspicious.  I mean, the grandboys will be big enough for it eventually, right?

22 hours ago, Trynn said:

I'm not THAT strong.

Thanks for the suggestion- he had talked to his AODA counselor about medication options but he stopped drinking before it got to that point. My miscarriage was the last push he needed towards total sobriety. My hope is that one day he will feel comfortable telling other people about his drinking problem so that most people will know to just not offer him a drink but I'm not sure when that time will come. And like you we may just have to cut people out- it's just really hard when my own mother abuses alcohol and we can't attend a family gathering without copious amounts of beer and wine being passed around. 

2 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

The tree house is part of the Counting On..and on ... and on.   Build a tree house for little Spurge and Izzy and the M-boys.  Doubt they would have built it if they ad 6 granddaughters.   The compound is becoming more of a compound and the treehouse (I can just see Bin bringing Spurge there to visit) helps demonstrate the Duggar brand's expansion to the next generation.  How many times have we had that stupid pop up fact about if each Duggar kid had children-

Well, perhaps the Treehouse episode will be a "Follow Bin to work day" since he's JB's lawncare/janitor bitch.

3 hours ago, MatthewDuggar said:

Well, perhaps the Treehouse episode will be a "Follow Bin to work day" since he's JB's lawncare/janitor bitch.

and Ben will have to wear a tight tshirt

I would much rather see him go on edgy preacher stints and preach to masses and have them all snicker and walk away 

then he could look at the camera and say What did I do :D

The treehouse certainly doesn't look up to the level of the Treehouse Masters guys, but to me it certainly l ooks WAAY above the level of ability of the Duggar crew. 

21 hours ago, MatthewDuggar said:

:laughing-jumpingpurple: 

Too funny! 

On 3/2/2016 at 6:04 PM, quiverofdoubt said:

The real question here is, are they capable of expressing feelings and emotions, after all the years of suppression? 

"Reality" tv is hardly the place to go looking for genuine emotions.

Let me predict some of the "highlights" of the new episode of Jill and Jessa: Counting On... 

• Multiple scenes with Jessa, Ben, and their little chunk of a baby, as the parents discuss how special it is to raise him
  • Talking heads of the older children as they talk about whatever topic TLC wants them to talk about
  • Mentions of the new "season of life" for the Duggars, especially Jessa

Overall, I think the new episodes will try to go for a positive atmosphere. They will probably stop dragging out the scandals because they're old news and instead talk about milestones/upcoming events TLC forced them to participate in.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived