IGNORED

What's the Deal with Candace Cameron Bure?

luv2laugh

19 hours ago, zee_four said:

I'm mixed race, but benefit the crap outta white privilege. I get the liberal, well meaning, want to help white perspective, while at the same time understanding how this attitude actually does impact communities of color in reality. The best advice I have is to listen. Accept that the stories and experiences from members of that community are what's valid, not your own desires or narratives no matter how well intentioned you believe they area. Accept that beiing an ally doesn't mean having the answers or being the one to "help". I had to explain this to a well meaning white friend of mine in terms of the Ferguson situation. He kept railing on against violence  as a reaction to racism, saying how it only hurts those communities and they need to go through the proper channels for change. I kept telling him just because he as a white man, though he thought being Jewish was an equal comparison, was able to benefit by following the status quo didn't mean POC did nor did the way their experiences prompted them to react was "incorrect". He got mad and told me that at least he wanted to do something to make the situation better unlike myself. I told him being a true minority ally means not having the answers or fixing things but shutting up and actually listening and supporting what comes from the community in question.

Thanks for this!

This is what I'm figuring out, thanks to lots of understanding friends who graciously overlook my fumbles and lovingly offer alternatives. It's sometimes really embarrassing, but we hang in there together.

It's good to have friends who love you enough to call you on your shit. :my_smile:

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...

I am reluctantly impressed with how Candace balances being able to have her cake and eat it, too. Have plenty of fundie speaking gigs and some semblance of a career. I have never really liked her. She's just to superior. However, she is very good at balancing her image. I have seen advertisement that she has a Pure Flix movie coming out. I hope Hannah and Jake do a movie review about it. 

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I am reluctantly impressed with how Candace balances being able to have her cake and eat it, too. Have plenty of fundie speaking gigs and some semblance of a career. I have never really liked her. She's just to superior. However, she is very good at balancing her image. I have seen advertisement that she has a Pure Flix movie coming out. I hope Hannah and Jake do a movie review about it. 

I think that since she grew up in the business, she knows exactly what she’s doing. She would never advertise her more radical beliefs. She knows what she can and can’t say. Her brother obviously doesn’t.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

Oh, I totally agree. I am sure she is 100% opposed to abortion and same sex marriage. She is just savvy enough to keep her mouth closed, especially as she did get flack for talking about "submitting" to her husband. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

This popped up on my YouTube feed, Candice Cameron Bure playing never have I ever with her daughter. Surprised she admitted to skinny dipping. 

15 minutes ago, WhoNeedsSleep said:

This popped up on my YouTube feed, Candice Cameron Bure playing never have I ever with her daughter. Surprised she admitted to skinny dipping. 

I bet she skinny dipped with her husband in a private pool.

• Upvote 5

• 4 months later...

I’m having such a BEC moment here. Candace’s son just got engaged and Candace wrote that she’s excited to have a “daughter-in-love.” I know I’ve whined about this before but I am so over calling them “-in-love’s.” Their in-laws. Get over it! 

https://people.com/tv/candace-cameron-bure-son-engaged/

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I’m having such a BEC moment here. ...Their in-laws. Get over it! 

Bwahaha! I was so bent out of shape I didn’t even type the right there/they’re/their ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

He looks so young. Yes, thats because 20 is young, bit his e ngagement photo looked like two high school seniors. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• 3 years later...

I didn't realize that he had a broken engagement. I knew he had relationships. Wasn't he connected to a girl from the Robertson family for a while? I didn't realize he had a broken engagement because he got married this past weekend to another girl named Elliott Dunham.

https://people.com/candace-cameron-bure-son-lev-married-8553046

She has Napa Valley on her IG, so I assume that's where she is from. Near where Candace  & her husband have their wine business. Apparently, Lev lives in that area now and works for their business while taking online classes through Liberty.

ETA: Going through her IG a little more. It looks like she graduated from college last year. Baylor. So she's probably 23 like he is.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 2

@dawn9476, I don't remember him dating Sadie Robertson though I am sure the two families have rubbed elbows at Liberty and Pure Flix events. 

2 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

@dawn9476, I don't remember him dating Sadie Robertson though I am sure the two families have rubbed elbows at Liberty and Pure Flix events. 

It wasn't Sadie. I think it was one of her cousins.

ETA: I just googled. It was Bella, Sadie's younger sister. Lev and Bella went to his prom together in 2018.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Thank You 2

Thank you. I know there are other Robertson girls besides Sadie, but she gets so much attention I completely forget about them. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 9:31 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet she skinny dipped with her husband in a private pool.

I finally watched this video, and it was actually on a vacation in St Bart's. Her and her husband were at a nude beach, which I guess was empty or there was hardly anyone around. And only she went skinny-dipping. Her husband didn't.  Natasha's was the one in their pool. And she didn't really intend on going to skinny-dip. She was home alone and decided to go swimming. She went in with her bra and panties instead, but quickly realized that was a bad idea, so she took them off.

Her kids seemed to have a lot of freedom compared to fundie and fundie lite kids.  Natasha snuck out a lot her last year of high school, I guess. And Candace and her husband didn't seem to make that big of a deal of Natasha coming home drunk while they were out of town. And Natasha is now in her mid-twenties, not married yet, and is able to live on her own.