IGNORED

What's the Deal with Candace Cameron Bure?

luv2laugh

11 hours ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

Totally! In Fuller House there are multiple same sex kisses, Candace wears teeny tiny little outfits and plays a veterinarian, drinks, goes clubbing, makes out with and dates multiple guys...there's sex outside of marriage, masturbation jokes...

I doubt she was ever truly fundie-fundie. She's married to a hockey player and takes photos of her daughter starting school in short shorts.

And yes, that unfortunately means that I watched the whole thing.

No way, really????  I'm shocked she'd do a show with same-sex kissing (for the record I am fine with it -just she talks about it being sinful).  Is it still really cheesy like the original?  Should I watch it?? 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jenirishdancer said:

No way, really????  I'm shocked she'd do a show with same-sex kissing (for the record I am fine with it -just she talks about it being sinful).  Is it still really cheesy like the original?  Should I watch it?? 

It is super cheesy. It's just a bit more modern and open minded. I binge watched the entire thing. I'm a child of the 90s' so not watching it wasn't an option. It's a guilty pleasure. :) They had a lot of subtle digs at the Olsen twins throughout the whole series, and it was pretty hilarious.

It's def more of a nostalgia thing though, so people who didn't grow up with it or like the original may find it super repulsive.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Jenirishdancer said:

To be fair, the same sex kissing/attraction (Candace has a scene where DJ dances seductively with Kimmie and calls her her 'partner' in order to win a dance competition that's only for couples; her two boyfriends miss her (not emotionally, I mean physically 'miss') and end up making out with each other for a moment by accident and make jokes about the other being a good kisser, and Kimmie and Stephanie have a pretty steamy makeout after Stephanie sings a love song to Kimmie that's meant to be from her estranged husband) is all rather 'carnivalesque' and akin to Shakespeare. We get to enjoy same sex sexual interactions, but not believe they're 'real' at the same time (what do you want to bet that's in Candace's contract?), just like in shows where young boys played all the female roles. But seriously, Candace and Andrea Barber have a super-seductive moment or two together during that dance. I'm shocked that Candace would agree to do it.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jenirishdancer said:

Totally agree!  Kirk is stratosphere level annoying and intolerable to me!!

This just occurred to me after reading this thread but it totally makes sense in my head. I always thought that Kirk only did the Christian movies because he's not that great an actor and couldn't get work anywhere else... it never dawned on me that he would choose those parts. I didn't realize he was as fundie as he is.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Chach1984i said:

This just occurred to me after reading this thread but it totally makes sense in my head. I always thought that Kirk only did the Christian movies because he's not that great an actor and couldn't get work anywhere else... it never dawned on me that he would choose those parts. I didn't realize he was as fundie as he is.

Oh no he is really, really intense!! He says some really disgusting and hateful things.  If you want to get annoyed, google him and a lot of stuff will come up! 

10 hours ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

To be fair, the same sex kissing/attraction (Candace has a scene where DJ dances seductively with Kimmie and calls her her 'partner' in order to win a dance competition that's only for couples; her two boyfriends miss her (not emotionally, I mean physically 'miss') and end up making out with each other for a moment by accident and make jokes about the other being a good kisser, and Kimmie and Stephanie have a pretty steamy makeout after Stephanie sings a love song to Kimmie that's meant to be from her estranged husband) is all rather 'carnivalesque' and akin to Shakespeare. We get to enjoy same sex sexual interactions, but not believe they're 'real' at the same time (what do you want to bet that's in Candace's contract?), just like in shows where young boys played all the female roles. But seriously, Candace and Andrea Barber have a super-seductive moment or two together during that dance. I'm shocked that Candace would agree to do it.

OmG still though!  I guess I have to watch it now! I'm sure Kirky wasn't pleased (if he watched it at all)!

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

I could see Bure saying justify that scene by saying that she was only acting and actors often portray situations they would never do in real life. Somehow Kirk strikes me as the type of fundie who doesn't watch TV in any form, so he probably doesn't know what is and isn't on Fuller House or any other show.

• Upvote 5

On March 5, 2016 at 6:56 PM, Jenirishdancer said:

Curiosity caught me and I also did a binge watch. The first episode was super painful to get through because of the campy nods to the past. It was just really awkward, but the following episodes started to flow better.

The characters aren't super complex and fall into the same kind of "types" that the old show had. There are some clever lines, but also lots of cheese.

There are several singing scenes and choreographed dance numbers in this season; more than I'd like to see. And as previously mentioned, lots more of references to drinking, skimpy outfits, and steamy make outs than I was expecting. However, these things seemed relevant to the storyline and not just for shock value, so there's that.

It did seem a little spicier than I was expecting for Candace though.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

IIRC, Kirk won't kiss another woman even in a movie role(he has his wife spliced in somehow).

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, smittykins said:

IIRC, Kirk won't kiss another woman even in a movie role(he has his wife spliced in somehow).

I read about that. There's a scene from Fireproof where his character is renewing wedding vows and during the kissing scene, the camera pans out to really far away and apparently his real life wife wore a wig to make her look like the woman from the movie. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Chach1984i said:

This just makes me giggle. Really would tick him off if he saw it, and it is just your honest impression!

40 minutes ago, smittykins said:

He did that at the end of Fireproof.

On 3/5/2016 at 2:38 PM, RoseWilder said:

I read about that. There's a scene from Fireproof where his character is renewing wedding vows and during the kissing scene, the camera pans out to really far away and apparently his real life wife wore a wig to make her look like the woman from the movie. 

If I were the woman in the movie: I'd be relieved! :562479574e583_32(16):

• Upvote 13

2 hours ago, ScreamingIzzy said:

If I were the woman in the movie: I'd be relieved! :562479574e583_32(16):

Me too. I never understood his appeal, not even before he became a Fundie. But hatred and close-mindedness does make a person MUCH less attractive. 

• Upvote 4

It looks like some conservatives are upset that "Fuller House" is too "racy":

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/03/08/fuller-house-star-candace-cameron-bure-ripped-for-show-racy-storylines/

However, this article is vague about exactly who and how many people are complaining about "Fuller House" (no shock, since it's from Fox News), so there's no way to know how many detractors there are compared to supporters.

• Upvote 3

On 5 March 2016 at 2:24 PM, SweetFellowshipper said:

To be fair, the same sex kissing/attraction (Candace has a scene where DJ dances seductively with Kimmie and calls her her 'partner' in order to win a dance competition that's only for couples; .../snipped

So not only is she trying on having a female "partner", but she's also LYING!

Isn't that the eight or ninth commandment? Bearing false witness or something? Lying makes Baby Jesus cry. Tsk, tsk Cameron

• Upvote 2

This remains me of Boob and Jchelle when they tell they are tying for no 20. It gets me these allegedly conservative couples talk about something so personal. I think it can be answered in a different way.
http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/candace-cameron-bure-93308

On March 4, 2016 at 11:38 AM, FundieFarmer said:

How does this work as a wholesome family show thing then? I thought that's what this was supposed to be...like a version of Full House that the people who grew up watching Full House could come back to and watch with their kids. That doesn't seem like something along the lines of Full House as I remembered it but I was young and maybe that really went over my head. 

IIRC , weren't there lots of jokes and storylines in the original Fulll House about Uncle Jesse being wild,clubbing, having lots of girlfriends? There wouldn't have been any same sex make out scenes or relationships on a sitcom in that time frame , but I could swear there were at least a few episodes where Uncle Jesse was assumed to be having sex with his dates? Maybe I'm thinking of something else?

It stands to reason , to me, that there would be more sexual / adult lifestyle focus on Fuller House though - because the audience they are aiming for is the people who watched it as kids and cared about the girls storylines. They want to see what the grown up versions of Kimmie and DJ and Steph are up to, because that's who they identify with. That's really different than the original - which was aiming at families and kids.

• Upvote 6

Fuller House is terrible cheesy fun. It could have gone in a more snark direction ( there's lots of fertile ground to make fun of life in San Francisco).

The DJ/kimmy dance was hot and writers avoided didn't bother making them pretend to be uncomfortable about bring fake lesbians. And then Maksim and Val from Dwts were also dancing together so you had hot homoerotic incest dancing. It was a really sureal episode. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder what her husband is thinking.  I wasn't expecting these moves coming from a fundie-lite Christian.

Edited by luv2laugh

IIRC , weren't there lots of jokes and storylines in the original Fulll House about Uncle Jesse being wild,clubbing, having lots of girlfriends? There wouldn't have been any same sex make out scenes or relationships on a sitcom in that time frame , but I could swear there were at least a few episodes where Uncle Jesse was assumed to be having sex with his dates? Maybe I'm thinking of something else?

It stands to reason , to me, that there would be more sexual / adult lifestyle focus on Fuller House though - because the audience they are aiming for is the people who watched it as kids and cared about the girls storylines. They want to see what the grown up versions of Kimmie and DJ and Steph are up to, because that's who they identify with. That's really different than the original - which was aiming at families and kids.

This is my thoughts exactly. I think the target audience is actually us--80s and 90s kids who want nostalgia. They will include more adult plot lines to attract, well, adults.

Re watching full house as an adult, there were some things that sailed right over my head as a kid... But it wasn't like... Nothing shocking, just that you knew more of what was happening

Remember the episode where Jessie and Becky get got married, and Michelle Asks "what are they DOING in there?"

And Joey just.../ stutters a little before saying "they're Doing their taxes."

Totally over my head as a child. I know taxes change a bit when your marital status does, so, along with making out, I assumed that's what they were doing.

• Upvote 4

I think the original Full House was supposed to be originally about the three guys but shifted to the girls and became more kid-oriented over time.

• Upvote 2

On 3/4/2016 at 5:38 PM, RoseWilder said:

:pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 3

On 3/7/2016 at 10:03 AM, RoseWilder said:

Me too. I never understood his appeal, not even before he became a Fundie. But hatred and close-mindedness does make a person MUCH less attractive. 

I was also one who never understood his appeal, even before he became a Fundie.

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, ADoyle90815 said:

I was also one who never understood his appeal, even before he became a Fundie.

If I had to pick a favourite sitcom son, give me the brave Michael J Fox anyway. I look at Kirk Cameron and all I think is SMUG. MJF, on the other hand, a sense of humour, always gracious, and also raising awareness of Parkinsons.

Incidentally, I read an article a little while ago saying MJF is getting worse - his Parkinsons is progressing :( 

• Upvote 4