IGNORED

They're back! Counting On is now an official show!

TheSilverTongue

Amy never was terribly thin, but chica is looking a bit...round?... Perhaps a Prince/Princess Dill Pickle on the way soon?

Good spotting of the pics and timelines, @halcionne 

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On February 23, 2016 at 1:13 PM, happy atheist said:

We might need to get you a gift certificate for a winery.

I think we need to buy Buzzard a winery. Complete with a staff to run it... Or we could take turns running the winery so Buzzard can imbibe.  

2 hours ago, FlamingFundie said:

Amy never was terribly thin, but chica is looking a bit...round?... Perhaps a Prince/Princess Dill Pickle on the way soon?

Good spotting of the pics and timelines, @halcionne 

FamyFriday instagram pointed out the Jinger & Amy pic; that's what got me looking for the dates. Then I noticed Quincy's sweater in the promos. They ditched the plaid shirt though--maybe he spit up on it. :D

On February 26, 2016 at 4:57 PM, singsingsing said:

I can't help but remember Anna talking about how glad she was that she had a husband because otherwise she'd have to take the trash out by herself. I have to say, if taking the garbage out by myself is the price I have to pay for not being married to a Josh Duggar, I'll drive the freaking garbage truck.

I'll gladly take out my own freakin' garbage & not be married to a creeper like  Joshly Madison. Considering I had a bunion removed Tuesday and taking out the trash (because I live on the second floor) takes three times as long as normal, I'll still take out my own trash! 

Here's a shot of my foot on day 2. Rockin' the hot pink soft cast! 

image.jpeg

Personally, the only thing I'll ever look forward on this 19KAC revamp/"Counting On" would be a courtship...hopefully it's on Jana or Jinger. And yes, let's hope Josh or even JimBoob and Moochelle don't appear anywhere in the show

On February 23, 2016 at 2:35 PM, DuggarWatch said:

The Jessa-with-bangs look is a full wig.  

Maybe she & BinBoob converted to a strict form of Judaism and she is now covering her hair because only your husband can see your real hair. 

3 minutes ago, divadivine said:

Maybe she & BinBoob converted to a strict form of Judaism and she is now covering her hair because only your husband can see your real hair. 

why would jessa wear a wig - maybe extensions but I doubt a full on wig 

unless they did turn on religions or joined another religion that condones that 

but why would they do that ?

54 minutes ago, divadivine said:

I'll gladly take out my own freakin' garbage & not be married to a creeper like  Joshly Madison. Considering I had a bunion removed Tuesday and taking out the trash (because I live on the second floor) takes three times as long as normal, I'll still take out my own trash! 

Here's a shot of my foot on day 2. Rockin' the hot pink soft cast! 

nice cast

you should binge watch the affair

as for Anna saying that - I hated when she said that - I will take out my garbage every day 

15 minutes ago, nst said:

nice cast

you should binge watch the affair

as for Anna saying that - I hated when she said that - I will take out my garbage every day 

Thanks!! The cast is starting to look shabby. The heel is filthy even though I've only had it in the walking boot or propped up on the couch or in the bed. Thankfully, I get it changed out Tuesday. 

I'm actually going back to work Monday. I have a job that doesn't require me to be on my feet, so the doctor said if I felt well enough I could go back. I haven't had the narcotic pain meds since Wednesday, so I should go back to work. 

I did binge watch Law & Order and Gilmore Girls. Definitely not Duggar approved. 

1 hour ago, FaceTheShadow said:

Personally, the only thing I'll ever look forward on this 19KAC revamp/"Counting On" would be a courtship...hopefully it's on Jana or Jinger. And yes, let's hope Josh or even JimBoob and Moochelle don't appear anywhere in the show

I have mixed feelings on any future courtships. I want them to be happy and living in their own homes, at the very least. Obviously, I should expect courtships, but I would worry as to who Jana or Jinger would marry. Dweebs like Ben or someone crazy fundie? 

Honestly I used to love watching the Duggars every day when I got home from work. Their show always put me right to sleep for my quick afternoon nap. :GPn0zNK:

I won't be watching at all, but if I get curious, I'll read online recaps or watch pirated episodes. I'll go ahead and assume the crap on this new show will be the same boring stuff they had on 19 Kids and Counting: dull, awkward, and scripted situations. Oh, and babies.

On 2/27/2016 at 9:31 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

That should get him far, I have a B.S. in Poly Sci, you know what you do with that degree?  Yeah me either. :my_dodgy:  I did spend 10 years as a stay at home mom and now I'm Office Manager/Personal Assistant for a local business man and one of his many small businesses. 

I have a BA in International Relations (at my school that was an arm of the Political Science department) and I work in mental health. ;)

That said, I do not regret that degree in the slightest or consider it useless. It was a solid general education, and it has helped me be more knowledgeable about the world and helps me to follow current events. I feel that it makes me a better citizen, even if I don't use it directly in my work.

I can't speak for Ben's degree since I'm not familiar with that school or what an AA/AS in the field would entail (my school didn't offer any type of Associate's in Poli Sci,) but my own course of study was a good investment even though I chose a different career.

On February 26, 2016 at 6:35 PM, garciarodrigez said:

I heard he could count to twenty one but he had to pull his pants down.

I'll see myself out now.

I feel stupid, I don't get it lol.

14 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

For what it is worth, people with bachelor's degrees in business sometimes end up wIth jobs like yours.  College degrees may make you more likely to be employed in one field or another, but a bachelor's degree doesn't have enough specialization that you are slotted for a particular career.  

An associate degree (which is what Ben has, whether it is in political science or business) is even less specialization and even less marketable.  

-snip-

Either way, with an AA or AS you are not really that much more employable than with a high school diploma and on-the-job experience.  A BS or BA is stronger, but it doesn't really guarantee a specific career path.  A bachelor's in business, unless it specializes in accounting or a similar skill-specific aspect ("management" is not skill specific enough) is not much better than a bachelor's degree in poli sci or any other liberal art.  An MBA, on the other hand, still opens doors, though not as many as it used to.

I am posting at length about this because there seems to be a misconception about Ben's employability and ability to support a family with just an associate's degree.  Though the business AA might give him a slight advantage at an entry level job, it won't get him a higher salary than a social science AA.

Heck, it's hard enough getting a job with a masters degree these days.

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I feel stupid, I don't get it lol.

Fingers, toes and little Joshly.

Im torn between I can't beleive they're back on and im not surprised. Fans are ecstatic. One on FB said she almost peed in her pants when she heard it was coming back.

Am I the only one who thinks they aren't going to put much effort to hiding Joshley? I think we will first see him tangentially, and he'll slowly become more prominent. I also think there will be a redemption speaking tour to explain how God's love can reform a sinner. At that point, showing him will just be part of the "ministry," so viewers can see "faithful life after sin." I predict he'll be back at his old ways throughout. News of his sinning may break again, and TLC will just find a way to capitalize on the drama. That's my prediction, at least.

I want to know who the sponsors are? There can't be many left surely.

i won't be watching direct I'll watch the YouTube ones as usual. 

I know this is going to be dull as ditch water and it's the fans and hate watchers that will keep it afloat but seriously for how long A series or two cos I can't see it myself but then look how long 19 kids was on the air for. 

11 hours ago, season of life said:

I have mixed feelings on any future courtships. I want them to be happy and living in their own homes, at the very least. Obviously, I should expect courtships, but I would worry as to who Jana or Jinger would marry. Dweebs like Ben or someone crazy fundie? 

Dweebs, IMO.

I'd like to see the Duggars "clear the bench." In other words, everyone from Joy up- gets married. Not because I want to see courtships, weddings, and babies but because it's time for these adults to be able to live life and stop raising JB and Michelle's kids (and their sibling's children). 

11 hours ago, divadivine said:

I did binge watch Law & Order and Gilmore Girls. Definitely not Duggar approved. 

I loved Gilmore Girls and was a big fan when it was on. As a matter of fact I'm watching right now!

I've got to say though,  the show being on UP surprised me. It's a show about an underaged girl who had unmarried sex, got pregnant,  and ran away from her parents home to live life on her own terms and was successful.  It doesn't seem like the kind of message they would want to promote.

5 minutes ago, Gossamer1 said:

I loved Gilmore Girls and was a big fan when it was on. As a matter of fact I'm watching right now!

I've got to say though,  the show being on UP surprised me. It's a show about an underaged girl who had unmarried sex, got pregnant,  and ran away from her parents home to live life on her own terms and was successful.  It doesn't seem like the kind of message they would want to promote.

Agreed. AND the only Christian character is a Korean who goes off the rails and joins a rock band!!

12 hours ago, divadivine said:

I wonder if there is such a thing as a strict form of Messianic Judaism that follows Orthodox traditions? Haha.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived