IGNORED

Josh Duggar part 12 - Everyone has unclean hands...Go wash!

HerNameIsBuffy

10 minutes ago, Trynn said:

I actually had a doctor refuse to do a Pap smear even when I was having problems. He said that if I was really a virgin (I was) there was no need. And I was like.... Then why am I still having problems? Find out what's wrong with me dammit!

Well that's dumb. How did he not know you can have problems and be a virgin?

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Word to the wise: If you happen to need stitches down there after giving birth, make sure that you resist the temptation to grab a mirror to see what it looks like. Poor DH walked in on me sitting on the toilet, sobbing, crying that my hoo-hah looked like Groucho Marx.*

*This may or may not have been related to post-pregnancy hormones. But seriously. Don't do it.

7 hours ago, Whoosh said:

I have not heard boo from any doctor about the "rear entry" since that time, so I don't know how the scheduling is supposed to go for colonoscopies when there are no issues outside family history stuff.

ETA - just fyi, it was actually my father's doctor that recommended my sister and I both have a colonoscopy at 40.  We both got a call from Mom and then had to tell our own Drs.  Mine just asked what had gone on with my Dad and then moved forward with the recommendation, I believe my sister had to get an actual note from my dad's doc.

I believe care dictates 3-5 years, depending on your father's history.  Clean exams with no history is 5 years for those in the 50+.  It might be worth calling your primary care doctor and asking that question.

I had one at 65, and I don't need another for 10 years. Think I'll pass on any more. Our insurance was offering them for free.

9 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I had one at 65, and I don't need another for 10 years. Think I'll pass on any more. Our insurance was offering them for free.

I have a sudden image of Oprah shouting, "You get a colonoscopy! And you get a colonoscopy! Everyone gets a colonoscopy!"

6 hours ago, meowmeow19 said:

You don't have to get a pap smear to get birth control. Your doctor may say so but that isn't normally the law. Personally I kind of see it like optometrist who refuse to give you a contact lense prescription unless you buy the contacts from them exclusively. I live In Missouri which has some pretty strict laws that protect businesses rather than consumers and we even can get birth control without a pap smear. Bare minimum you need to be consulted about BC, have you blood pressure checked and be asked if you are smoking or have family history of strokes/blood clots. 

I'm glad I don't have to do a pap smear every three years. I'm tired of living in this constant fear that vaginas are bad and need to be tested or corrected often. 

No, but an optometrist would want to examine your eyes before giving you contact lenses. And paps every 1-3 years, depending, are not because vaginas are bad or need to be corrected. It's because the penis is bad and can give you HPV, among other things :P kidding, of course

5 minutes ago, Snarkylark said:

No, but an optometrist would want to examine your eyes before giving you contact lenses. And paps every 1-3 years, depending, are not because vaginas are bad or need to be corrected. It's because the penis is bad and can give you HPV, among other things :P kidding, of course

Moral of the story, keep penises out of your eyes?

55 minutes ago, Flyinthesoup said:

I believe care dictates 3-5 years, depending on your father's history.  Clean exams with no history is 5 years for those in the 50+.  It might be worth calling your primary care doctor and asking that question.

That's what I am getting.  That and I apparently need to ask my dr to send a camera up my rear :laughing-rollingred::laughing-rollingred:

27 minutes ago, Snarkylark said:

DEFINITELY 

I've been using the wrong orifice this whole time... Damn you, fundie sex ed!

4 minutes ago, Marshmallow World said:

I've been using the wrong orifice this whole time... Damn you, fundie sex ed!

Those Wisdom books leave a lot to be desired.

I have a long family history of colon cancer, so while I haven't been advised to follow up every few years, I did have to have a colonoscopy as a teen.

Warning: pathetic, embarrassing, graphic, disgusting, humilating, why-would-you-tell-someone-this horror story ahead.

Spoiler

So it came time for the prep, and my mom brought me a 2 gallon jug of unsweetened iced tea and told me to drink it quickly... I basically chugged it. Not a good idea. An intense sweat came over me, my started to feel like I was going to pass out. I was so hot that I started to take my shirt off, but then started to vomit all over myself, didn't have the will to stop throwing up, fell over, mostly naked into shallow puddle of my own vomit which covered almost the entire bathroom floor, and groaned to my mom for help. I was too weak after that so my mom helped me into the nearby tub and cleaned up the floor for me. Moms are great.

And then when I had the actual procedure, I woke up several times... I'm sure there are many other colonoscopies in my future; wish me luck.

For anyone whose double-jointed: apparently anethesia sensitivity can be a side effect of doublejointedness.

On colonoscopies: Apparently Ozzy Osbourne has such a high tolerance to drugs that when he went in for a colonoscopy, the doctors couldn't knock him out. Ozzy watched his own colonoscopy and referred to it as Journey To The Center of My Ass (well, Arse).

38 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

On colonoscopies: Apparently Ozzy Osbourne has such a high tolerance to drugs that when he went in for a colonoscopy, the doctors couldn't knock him out. Ozzy watched his own colonoscopy and referred to it as Journey To The Center of My Ass (well, Arse).

Gotta love Ozzie.  Lol

15 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

<snip>...Being put to work in RU (assuming this happened) might have been tough at first but now he's probably used to it. 

Work is a big part of the RU program. After all, the devil makes use of idle hands!   If Josh did the RU training program, he probably didn't work alongside the regular inmates, because they are out and about in the public and someone would have spotted Josh along with the regulars.  Whatever work RU had him doing, it was most likely behind the scenes.  This possibility lends support to the theory that he may end up working for IBLP in Big Sandy when he gets out. 

All the Duggar kids appear to need a work rehab program, not just Josh.  

On 2/18/2016 at 9:24 PM, Bad Wolf said:

After a certain age, you don't need them any more as long as you've always had normal ones. Yay. Don't know what the age is, but I'm there.

I just had my gyne exam. I am 60. I asked the doctor this question. She said it depends on if you are sexually active or not (I am, best sex ever is now!). Otherwise, she would not repeat the pap every year, but ovaries and breasts are also checked during this exam. It's a half hour once a year, I intend to keep going until she tells me to stay home.

9 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Moral of the story, keep penises out of your eyes?

That reminds me of when my husband told me about his coworker using Backpage to find some... female companionship. Evidently there are advertisements for stuff like "Any 2 holes for X amount". So, I told him I'd like to make a few extra bucks, but the only holes my patrons can choose from are nostril, ear canal, or eye socket. 

10 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I have a sudden image of Oprah shouting, "You get a colonoscopy! And you get a colonoscopy! Everyone gets a colonoscopy!"

I just read, coincidentally in the newest Oprah magazine, that fecal occult blood tests are as effective as colonoscopies as a screening procedure. After watching my ex husband go through the prep during and after his bout with colon cancer, I just couldn't do it. Finally did the fecal blood thing last year, easy and non invasive.

10 hours ago, Whoosh said:

That's what I am getting.  That and I apparently need to ask my dr to send a camera up my rear :laughing-rollingred::laughing-rollingred:

You know what?  I just remembered, they have improved the 'fecal testing', in the past few years.  They have started to rely on this testing more, now that they are seeing a high success rate, it was in the 90+%, but I don't remember exactly what it was.  I think they have been changing the time, between colonoscopies, based on this information.  Are you saying you have to ask for the test?  Your doctor doesn't 'suggest' it to you?  Hmm, that's a little different....wouldn't work for me. :) 

@Whoosh here is a link to the FIT information, this is the current testing being used here, it's basically an improvement to the Fecal test, with far more accurate results.

On 2/17/2016 at 7:00 PM, FlamingFundie said:

Sorry, I can't make this textbox go away!

I had my first pap with an OBGYN when I was 18 for birth control purposes. I did not have a GP and I pretty much was figuring all this out on my own so I figured a gyno was where I was supposed to go. I had 3 normal yearly paps until one year it was abnormal. I had a colp done and even that showed abnormal cells. Since I was young my doc was comfortable with the wait and watch approach. 6 months later my repeat colp was normal (yay!). Perhaps being young it wasn't worth the stress however, through all this I learned that my mom had her hysterectomy after I was born because of pre-cancerous cell changes. I also learned one of my aunts had a LEEP procedure for abnormal cells. If I hadn't had this experience I might never have learned that I am at a higher risk. I will gladly go and get a pap every year if that means they catch the cells changes before they turn into cancer. 

9 minutes ago, Flyinthesoup said:

You know what?  I just remembered, they have improved the 'fecal testing', in the past few years.  They have started to rely on this testing more, now that they are seeing a high success rate, it was in the 90+%, but I don't remember exactly what it was.  I think they have been changing the time, between colonoscopies, based on this information.  Are you saying you have to ask for the test?  Your doctor doesn't 'suggest' it to you?  Hmm, that's a little different....wouldn't work for me. :) 

@Whoosh here is a link to the FIT information, this is the current testing being used here, it's basically an improvement to the Fecal test, with far more accurate results.

Yes, I had FIT and yes my doctor harassed me about doing it since I steadfastly refused for ten years to have a colonoscopy.

Mr. Wolf had his colonoscopy without anesthetic. Bounced out without a care in the world. I was out, couldn't wake up and threw up for 2 days. Never agan, and that didn't count the disgusting stuff I had to drink beforehand, which leaves you glued to the toilet.

43 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I just read, coincidentally in the newest Oprah magazine, that fecal occult blood tests are as effective as colonoscopies as a screening procedure. After watching my ex husband go through the prep during and after his bout with colon cancer, I just couldn't do it. Finally did the fecal blood thing last year, easy and non invasive.

I did the fecal occult blood test at the start of my troubles and my first thought was 'they couldn't name it something else?' Brings to mind something like demon poop. :my_shy:

4 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Yes, I had FIT and yes my doctor harassed me about doing it since I steadfastly refused for ten years to have a colonoscopy.

It was due to my positive FIT and family history that bumped me to the front of the line....but I had great results that baffled the doctors. :P I am fortunate. ;)

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived