IGNORED

Josh Duggar part 12 - Everyone has unclean hands...Go wash!

HerNameIsBuffy

20 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

I wonder if they all have debit cards. I know when the show started,  it was, "We never buy anything we can't pay for, have no debt & no credit cards." Yeah, & you were poor as f**k, too. I was late coming to the debit card party. Now that I have it, and my Blessed President sees to it that my SS is deposited every month, I seldom handle cash. It would simplify things for all of them, especially Anna. How humiliating to have to go to JB to ask for $5.00 for tampons.

I wonder if they are allowed to use tampons?

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

I wonder if they all have debit cards. I know when the show started,  it was, "We never buy anything we can't pay for, have no debt & no credit cards." Yeah, & you were poor as f**k, too. I was late coming to the debit card party. Now that I have it, and my Blessed President sees to it that my SS is deposited every month, I seldom handle cash. It would simplify things for all of them, especially Anna. How humiliating to have to go to JB to ask for $5.00 for tampons.

I think youre confused, because I don't think they ever said they were against debit cards - debt and debit are two totally different things. 

43 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

How humiliating to have to go to JB to ask for $5.00 for tampons.

Serious question: Are fundies even allowed to use tampons?

4 minutes ago, Coy Koi said:

Once a fundie woman was married, I don't see any reason for them to object to it. But I'm sure some fundie somewhere would find something wrong with it.

Yeah, I think so, too, because we've seen all the adult/kidult Duggars using cards of some kind during episodes where they're buying stuff at the grocery store.

13 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

13 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Once a fundie woman was married, I don't see any reason for them to object to it. But I'm sure some fundie somewhere would find something wrong with it.

I agree, in some fundamentalist groups (Christian and non Christian) non married women are not "allowed" to use tampons or other internal menstrual products like menstrual cups. But once they are married this prohibition is often removed... though in some other cultures (particularly in some Muslim groups) it is always considered "unclean" to use internal products. 

15 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

I was informed that using tampons was like masturbating and therefore sinful, married or not.

1 hour ago, OnceUponATime said:

I was informed that using tampons was like masturbating and therefore sinful, married or not.

I wondered if this might be the case. If there's anything less arousing than inserting a tampon, I have yet to hear of it, but I know how much some fundies can stretch to make anything about sex. Gross.

3 minutes ago, Coy Koi said:

I wondered if this might be the case. If there's anything less arousing than inserting a tampon, I have yet to hear of it, but I know how much some fundies can stretch to make anything about sex. Gross.

I knew fundy-lites who absolutely felt this way to the point where to use a tampon = losing virginity.  Actually lost a friend over this argument in jr. high.

If there are people who think sex = tampon use then they are doing at least one of those things very, very wrong.

20 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I knew fundy-lites who absolutely felt this way to the point where to use a tampon = losing virginity.  Actually lost a friend over this argument in jr. high.

If there are people who think sex = tampon use then they are doing at least one of those things very, very wrong.

Is anyone else starting to think, "Lost My Virginity to a Tampon" is a good post count title?

4 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Is anyone else starting to think, "Lost My Virginity to a Tampon" is a good post count title?

Yes please, @happy atheist!:greetings-clappingyellow:

2 hours ago, OnceUponATime said:

Soooo sexy! And I find the tampons are unclean, pads are fine thing hilarious because wearing a diaper full of blood sure is the opposite of clean to me. And all of this talk makes me so, so happy to have PCOS and a Mirena, haven't had to deal with a period in years now! Sucked for having children, great now.

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

When we were both preteens, my cousin asked me, wasn't using a tampon just like having sex? I just remember thinking, "wtf? is she serious?" Even though I had absolutely zero experience with sex or menstruation, and no one teaching me enlightened views on the topics either, it just seemed so obvious that inserting a tampon and inserting a penis could hardly have less to do with each other if they tried.

22 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

I'm thinking it may be a moot point for many married fundies.  back to back pregnancies + breast feeding may very well = very few periods anyhow. Get married, get pregnant a few cycles in, no period for 9ish months, baby born, breastfeed, so no cycle for 6 or so month, or longer.  Then get pregnant on first ovulation, before you ever get a period. Repeat cycle.  Michelle probably used the same super saver box of pads for decades and never ran out.

It would only be an issue for the non-married. And somehow...I think you are right. I just can't imagine them buying tampons for the teen daughters. Might break the hymen or something.

You can also lose your virginity to many kinds of vigorous activity, including horseback riding.  Which is why back in Medieval and Renaissance Europe (and possibly even later) some girls were deterred from vigorous riding....and some were encouraged to take it up!  

8 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

My mother's firm belief when I was growing up was that tampons were sinful and lust inducing. I remember her telling me that the only thing that should go up a woman's vagina was her husband's zayin - and she is a trained nurse - so she should have known better. I just snuck and bought them anyway. Periods are bad enough without wearing what feel like diapers...

27 minutes ago, Kittikatz said:

My mother's firm belief when I was growing up was that tampons were sinful and lust inducing. I remember her telling me that the only thing that should go up a woman's vagina was her husband's zayin - and she is a trained nurse - so she should have known better. I just snuck and bought them anyway. Periods are bad enough without wearing what feel like diapers...

Wow.  That's sad.  One of the few decent memories I have of my mother is her telling me about tampons and showing me a box she'd bought for me.  She left me tofigure it out, but at least I had the option.

You can't 'lose your virginity' by inserting a tampon or riding a horse. You guys are talking about breaking your hymen, which can happen in all sorts of ways. Virginity is a social construct. A hymen is a membrane which partially covers the opening of the vagina, and which can be 'broken' via sexual intercourse, or a variety of other activities, or can remain essentially intact despite sexual intercourse or a variety of other activities.

There is no way to know how often any woman menstruates. Even exclusively breastfeeding isn't a guarantee of no period. I EBF and got mine back at 4 months post-partum. I felt fucking (insert another word here...Sorry for the previous one!) because here were all these women around me who said they didn't get their periods back til a year later, 15 months later, NEVER got another til the next pregnancy, etc. And here I was, doing everything "right" (I use the term loosely to clarify my experience here...) by nursing on demand and not giving a pacifier or bottle or even my damned finger to this child.

@FlamingFundie okay I'm going to try to not sound like an jerk  I'm going apologize in advance and it's not my intention if I do offend you. I think the word you're looking for is gypped which is actually a derogatory word for being swindled. It originated as an ugly word to call gypsies who historically were forced into the profession of selling things on the road. Not telling you that you can't say it but most people are unaware.

Just now, meowmeow19 said:

@FlamingFundie okay I'm going to try to not sound like an jerk so I do I'm going apologize in advance and it's not my intention. I think the word you're looking for is gypped which is actually a derogatory word for being swindled. It originated as an ugly word to call gypsies who historically were forced into the profession of selling things on the road. Not telling you that you can't say it but most people are unaware.

Ahhh, eek. I had NO idea of the origins, it is just a common word around my area. Thank you for the information, and I will certainly keep that in mind before using the word again. My apologies and deepest gratitude.

12 hours ago, OnceUponATime said:

Whoever told you that was clearly using tampons wrong! :562479569aefe_32(14):

...or maybe I am, cause, nope. Nope, nope, and nope.

Sorry for the blank quotebox. There was literally no way to get rid of it :S

and @FlamingFundie I didn't know either until a few years ago! People say it all the time around where I live so that's why I usually tip people off about it. I figured the same was for you : )

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived