IGNORED

Josh Duggar part 12 - Everyone has unclean hands...Go wash!

HerNameIsBuffy

I think JB knows where  lot of bodies are buried, so to speak, and he wouldn't have a problem finding a job and house for Josh in a discreet location. I knew a guy like him, who could get a ticket fixed  or a rule bent for his friends. In return, his friends returned the favor. He was a great guy, actually, and did a lot for his kids' school and the church, but he had been around enough to know secrets and unusual ways of doing things. He didn't go against you if you were not a friend, but he knew people who could take care of things if you were. The difference here is, I don't get the feeling JB is particularly well-liked, but that people know he is not a good man to cross, there have been stories of him bullying people to get what he wanted.

You know what this sounds like? Fundie Mafia! LOL!!!

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can not see Anna being involved in anything financial. She was and is all about baby making. Plus, her headship being as egotistical aka Josh is not going to let her have any access or anything that may even resemble being his partner vs his being her headship. She has no idea what their bills are and would never have the nerve to even ask. Josh would not tolerate her questioning anything he did or said. Ever. He would throw a temper tantrum that would leave her trembling in her shoes.

2 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

So now I have images of Marlon Brando playing JB in a dramatized version of JoshGate......

2 hours ago, jcanglin991 said:

I think JB knows where  lot of bodies are buried, so to speak, and he wouldn't have a problem finding a job and house for Josh in a discreet location. I knew a guy like him, who could get a ticket fixed  or a rule bent for his friends. In return, his friends returned the favor. He was a great guy, actually, and did a lot for his kids' school and the church, but he had been around enough to know secrets and unusual ways of doing things. He didn't go against you if you were not a friend, but he knew people who could take care of things if you were. The difference here is, I don't get the feeling JB is particularly well-liked, but that people know he is not a good man to cross, there have been stories of him bullying people to get what he wanted.

This is the impression I get as well. JB reminds me of the Andy Griffith character in "A Face in the Crowd" (i.e., superficially folksy and completely meglomanical). He probably has a lot of contacts in the NW Arkansas political and legal establishment that we don't know about. It seems to me like there were a lot of hands involved in suppressing the molestations and making sure that Josh never entered the system or got a record. What's been revealed thus far is probably just the tip of the iceberg for a bunch of dodgy dealings.

11 hours ago, InThePrayerCloset said:

For what its worth, legal brothels in Australia generally appear on credit card bills as something totally innocuous like "Bills Pizza", "Johns Newsagency" or "Freds Hardware" so even if Anna reviewed his credit card (which i doubt she did...) it might not have been obvious. I doubt a website like AM would ever (a) have paper receipts posted to the subscribers house or (b) use identifiable billing titles on credit cards

I agree. AM was a business created to enable affairs. I highly doubt they were so stupid to send their clients anything that would have made their client's spouses suspicious. We aren't just talking about Anna Duggar, wo may or may not have had access to her husband's mail and credit card statements, but about a lot of other women and men who surely did. 

Who would play who in a fundie mafia film would actually be pretty funny now I think about it...but then I have a very odd sense of humour ;)

On 14/02/2016 at 5:17 PM, ksgranola1 said:

Did he have his Ashly Madison bills coming to the house? Wouldn't Anna have gotten curious & looked it up on line? Can you just picture her sitting there trying to take all that in when he comes thru the door. She must have aged 10 years.

Ashley Madison direct billed to customers credit cards under a series of generic names (most recent AMDB). Customers with the app could also (apparently) charge their premiums through their i-tunes account. It's unlikely that anyone who didn't know exactly what to look for would have noticed anything amok on their spouse's financials. The guaranteed affair thing was designed to avoid payouts by Ashley Madison. The refund was only available by cheque sent in an envelope that said Ashley Madison that would be mailed to billing address on the client's credit card, which most cheaters would be less than enthusiastic about...

I don't think Anna had anything to do with the bills. Even if it was under another name, she would have noticed the amount. Even if she did see the credit card statement, she would not have known what AM was. If Mr. Wolf had an AM account I wouldn't have known what it was before FJ, but I would have needed an explanation for the amount of money he was spending. So, I don't think Anna had anything to do with paying bills. That's man's work.

I don't think Anna ever paid for anything but groceries or things for the  kids. She was a total Michelle wannabe, except for the fact that she was more engaged with the kids and seemed to enjoy being a homemaker. She was willing to cede control to Josh in return for not having to work or, God forbid, take out her own trash. I know we sometimes seem to give her a pass because of being raised in the cult, but some of her comments have shown that she knows what's out there and she prefers to stay right where she is.

My point was that maybe something came to the house and it said "Ashley Madison" in the return address space. If that was me, I'd go right to the computer & look it up.

The fact he was spending all that money on his Ashley Madison account while Anna had to buy thrift store sandals and bathing suits for their kids is disturbing. They were all about saving all of this money, buy used & save the difference blah blah blah.. But I know that AM isn't cheap. It was like Josh took "the difference" and funded this BS on top of paying prostitutes and strip clubs.

If Anna has half of a brain, which is doubtful at this point, she will take over the checkbook. Josh wasted enough money over the years.

To clarify: I don't judge people for thrifting, hell I do it myself. I am just saying that Josh gave her a low budget to clothe their children while he has spent only God knows what just to cheat on her.

The thrifting and budgeting is just part of their brand.  I don't think Josh and Anna have ever been short of money.  

47 minutes ago, OodOnTheLoo said:

The thrifting and budgeting is just part of their brand.  I don't think Josh and Anna have ever been short of money.  

That is true, but either way he was spending so much money behind her back. In this case, the headship shouldn't be able to even touch the finances. It would just make it easy for history to repeat itself. Anna would be incredibly stupid to allow him control over their money again.

4 hours ago, KylieJenner said:

That is true, but either way he was spending so much money behind her back. In this case, the headship shouldn't be able to even touch the finances. It would just make it easy for history to repeat itself. Anna would be incredibly stupid to allow him control over their money again.

If Josh is going to be kept locked up tight by JB when he gets back from fake rehab it won't be Anna who is in control of their finances, JB will most likely give Josh a stipend to live off of to try and keep him from bringing anymore scandals to their door, especially if they are filming another T.V show.

Anna is living at the TTH while Josh is gone. I wonder if she has access to any money they may have saved in the past, or if JB gives her an allowance. Would she know how to balance a check book? We know so little about their everyday skills. Maybe she helped with the books at the car lot. They do,  of course, know about bankruptcy, thanks to the Wisdom books.

On 2/13/2016 at 4:22 PM, zebra #13 said:

I was 12 or 13 when I knew I should be going, and stayed for almost a decade longer because I knew the journey was going to be tough, and lonely.

Oh wow, I think it's fascinating that you knew so early and young that it wasn't for you. You must be an incredibly strong person! 

18 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

So basically I couldn't resist...I have no self control. Prayer Closet for me ;)

gothardfather.PNG

I have nothing to add about Joshley... but I was just watching Chelsea Handler's new netflix series and on the "Chelsea does..." Marriage episode she interviews the creator of Ashley Madison and his wife about why he started it and if he'd cheat on his wife. He seems like a scumbag (no surprise there) but I had to laugh that at the end they had to add a little subtext that he stepped down after a hack. 

1 hour ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

So basically I couldn't resist...I have no self control. Prayer Closet for me ;)

gothardfather.PNG

OmGah, that is amazing! :56247958035f1_32(18):

1 hour ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

no need to joke about that 

as for Josh and Anna and their finances - nothing will change - Anna will not be allowed to do the money or question anything - she will post her forgiveness instagram pictures and Josh will get an allowance 

I wonder if they all have debit cards. I know when the show started,  it was, "We never buy anything we can't pay for, have no debt & no credit cards." Yeah, & you were poor as f**k, too. I was late coming to the debit card party. Now that I have it, and my Blessed President sees to it that my SS is deposited every month, I seldom handle cash. It would simplify things for all of them, especially Anna. How humiliating to have to go to JB to ask for $5.00 for tampons.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived