IGNORED

Josh Duggar part 12 - Everyone has unclean hands...Go wash!

HerNameIsBuffy

11 minutes ago, Bushes of Love said:

A thing that I have been pondering is, when Josh is released will it be to big fanfare or hushed up? Also is there an indication as to when he will be released? I seem to have started google searching for him everyday and I kind of hate myself for doing it.

Today marks exactly six months, the minimum amount of time for the program at Recovery Unanimous.  He may have to stay longer if he wasn't good.  

I don't expect anyone to say anything until his birthday (party?) on March 3.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is freejinger awarding a prize to the first poster who spots an announcement of Joshley's "release", a grainy photo, or a tweet or instagram of a sighting of the prodigal husband? ha ha

5 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

Today marks exactly six months, the minimum amount of time for the program at Recovery Unanimous.  He may have to stay longer if he wasn't good.  

I don't expect anyone to say anything until his birthday (party?) on March 3.

If they spin it so it's like 'look everyone the birthday boy and prodigal son is back' I may break my laptop from throwing something at it in disgust.

On 2/22/2016 at 2:14 PM, Whoosh said:

I have trouble placing responsibility on the kidults that have literally been brainwashed by this cult (in my mind).

Brainwashing is indeed powerful, as I discussed in the JW kid thread. An interesting question to me is the degree to which brainwashing excuses adults from responsibility for their actions. Patty Hearst, the Manson family, all were arguably brainwashed yet held accountable for their crimes. True, they broke the law and the kidults haven't, but at some point when you are exposed to the larger world, as the kidults have been, I think that it takes some willful blindness to steadfastly hold on to brainwashed beliefs. I have trouble excusing them in any way (not saying you are doing that Whoosh) from continuing to promulgate and be a part of the hatefulness that is IBLP/ATI/Gothardism.

On 2/22/2016 at 2:14 PM, Whoosh said:

I personally think that the Josh situation is a combination of nature and nurture

I believe this is true for all of us.

On 2/22/2016 at 0:29 AM, Whoosh said:

I think that different people really do just react differently to the anesthesia etc.

YES, none of us have textbook bodies as laid out in Greys Anatomy. That's why, with medications, what works for one person does nothing for another (assuming no misdiagnosis, of course).

On 2/22/2016 at 5:34 PM, Flyinthesoup said:

From his experience, he's now been on the hunt to make my shower experience much better

Install a thermostatic valve, I had one put in when I gut rehabbed the bathroom in my prior house, same temp when you turn on the water, each and every time (unless hubby changes it, ha-ha). I miss that thing.

27 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Brainwashing is indeed powerful, as I discussed in the JW kid thread. An interesting question to me is the degree to which brainwashing excuses adults from responsibility for their actions. Patty Hearst, the Manson family, all were arguably brainwashed yet held accountable for their crimes. True, they broke the law and the kidults haven't, but at some point when you are exposed to the larger world, as the kidults have been, I think that it takes some willful blindness to steadfastly hold on to brainwashed beliefs. I have trouble excusing them in any way (not saying you are doing that Whoosh) from continuing to promulgate and be a part of the hatefulness that is IBLP/ATI/Gothardism.

I believe this is true for all of us.

YES, none of us have textbook bodies as laid out in Greys Anatomy. That's why, with medications, what works for one person does nothing for another (assuming no misdiagnosis, of course).

I totally agree with you.  The brainwashing/culpability issue is coming up in the FLDS situation also.  Are those mothers/women tragic victims or co-conspirators?  In my opinion, they are both.  So while I can't hate them with the heat of a thousand suns like I hate Warren Jeffs, I am very ready to say that they need to be held accountable if they insist on continuing to participate in the lunacy that is the FLDS way and they also must be stopped from further harming their children and society as a whole.  It sucks, but it is what it is.

2 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Exactly. There's a big difference between avoiding "missionary dating" of any type while working through philosophical/religious differences with your SO, and acting as though dating anyone who's not exactly like you spiritually will cause you harm, like the youth group activity in @Hera's post

Bahahahahahahaha.  Missionary Dating.  Am I the only sicko cracking up?

Didn't realize my glib comment would spark such a great discussion.

While I absolutely agree that it makes sense not to date/marry someone so different from you, religiously or otherwise (like, potential Mr. solitude smokes and it's caused problems you can't imagine) that was never the way it was presented to young Utter when she was still forced to go to church. It was, as the activity @Hera described, all about how it would unduly test one's faith. 

But then, there was always this holier-than-thou mentality when talking about the unsaved going on.

9 minutes ago, utter solitude said:

(like, potential Mr. solitude smokes and it's caused problems you can't imagine)

I lived it.   Like kissing an ashtray.  Had to get inventive.  TMI :562479514c500_32(1):

45 minutes ago, gustava said:

I lived it.   Like kissing an ashtray.  Had to get inventive.  TMI :562479514c500_32(1):

XD Maybe I need to try harder. It's exacerbated by the fact that he often gets in the mood of "it's my apartment" and won't even discuss changing his behavior. At least smoke outside, damnit! 

XD Maybe I need to try harder. It's exacerbated by the fact that he often gets in the mood of "it's my apartment" and won't even discuss changing his behavior. At least smoke outside, damnit! 

Doesn't the apartment complex have rules about smoking inside? Around here anyway you're supposed to go outside. My housemate doesn't, and the bathroom Always smells like an ashtray. I hate the smell of it.

I agree that you shouldn't marry someone different religious wise if your religion is a big deal to you. I'm not honestly sure what mainstream Christians are doing half the time because my exposure to mainstream Christianity lasted for like 5 months.

I could never have a partner who smokes. I just don't think I could deal with it.

16 hours ago, utter solitude said:

Wouldn't courting someone unsaved be a great way to save them?

....Forgive me, I used logic.

In junior high my daughter (raised Unitarian), had a boyfriend from a Baptist family who, after he was born again or whatever, decided they couldn't continue to go together unless she converted. So they broke up (big drama).  But though he knew Jesus didn't want him to "date" a sinner, he couldn't let her go.  He had to save her soul whether she wanted to be saved or not. He was persistent to the point that one of her teachers asked her if she wanted to report him for harassment.  

So, logic or not, I think it is better if the Duggars don't get the idea that they should court and convert the unsaved.  

18 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Is freejinger awarding a prize to the first poster who spots an announcement of Joshley's "release", a grainy photo, or a tweet or instagram of a sighting of the prodigal husband? ha ha

I wonder who is going to report the first sighting. FJ? Pickles? People? Some random tabloid? The Duggars themselves? This might be the most excitement we'll have for a while.

I do wonder if Josh will ever realize exactly whar he's done, and if he'll be sorry. I think when the molestation was handled so badly, it was easy for him to justify his actions to himself. He was defrauded. It was not his fault that there was an Ashley Madison account that lured him in. Will he ever own his actions and take responsibility, or will he always be the Smuggar, who is better than the rest of us?

I'm interested to see his attitude if/when he reappears. Will he pray on the street corners like the Pharisees so that everyone can see, or will he be quiet and humble and try to get on with his life?

Only the shadow knows.

On 2/24/2016 at 1:40 PM, QuiverDance said:

Bahahahahahahaha.  Missionary Dating.  Am I the only sicko cracking up?

Missionary Dating - Post Count!

19 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I do wonder if Josh will ever realize exactly whar he's done, and if he'll be sorry. I think when the molestation was handled so badly, it was easy for him to justify his actions to himself. He was defrauded. It was not his fault that there was an Ashley Madison account that lured him in. Will he ever own his actions and take responsibility, or will he always be the Smuggar, who is better than the rest of us?

I'm interested to see his attitude if/when he reappears. Will he pray on the street corners like the Pharisees so that everyone can see, or will he be quiet and humble and try to get on with his life?

Only the shadow knows.

I think he will always be the Smuggar, better than the rest of us. 

I think he might do both, be the Pharisee some of the time and then put on his humble hat on other days. Whatever he does, I cannot see that he will be sincere. He was defrauded and is therefore  innocent of everything. The Gothard beliefs are so horrible, it is hard to see any sort of reason from the Smugs. 

I briefly dated a Southern Baptist who was in my country doing his medical post doc. I was in my early 20s, finally enjoying freedom from my family's restrictions, and failed to appreciate how very different our outlooks on life, the universe and everything were. I didn't realize it at first, but looking back, he was trying to get me to "come to the lord" from the time of our first date. I had told him very early on that I was a Jew with severe agnostic tendencies, and so I viewed our religious conversations from the perspective of cultural discussions, and didn't take them any more seriously than I did conversations about the differences between Canada and America. As a couple of months passed, he actually told me that I had to convert because I was responsible stirring his carnal desires, which somehow necessitated our immediate marriage and my quitting school to go back to the US with him... and it wasn't fair to him to be "unequally yolked" to an unsaved Jew who was going to burn in hell. Apparently, it didn't matter that I was studying to be an archaeologist, happily wallowing in prehistorical quagmires with radio carbon dates back to 30,000 years ago, and most days put more faith in Blessed Ceiling Cat than anything in the Torah or New Testament - conversion via a dunking in holy water was mandatory, and marriage and moving to Georgia was going to happen because he decided it was so. Let's just say the conversation that flowed from those statements was quite ugly. It did teach me to pay a lot closer attention to religion and more importantly, the importance people place on it before getting too involved.

I was married to an Episcopalian. I am a Roman Catholic. His unwillingness to raise any children we had as Catholic (we didn't thank God! have kids I mean) was one of the reasons I was able to secure an annulment after we divorced.

As closely aligned as those two sects are, it's pretty amazing that it could help derail a marriage..but second time around, I married the boy next door... yup. A Roman Catholic.

We enjoy our Catholic buddies. We get together for lectures, picnics, etc, but yes. There are those sticking points on which we'll never see eye to eye. So we enjoy their company and celebrate the similarities. I can see how a marriage might be difficult, though.

@2manyKidzzz LAMO - It was a memorable ending to a relationship. I will forever treasure the memory of the look of total gobsmack on his face when I told him that I was not any sort of livestock, had at best a passing interest in him,  zero plans to marry, no desire to have children, no intention of converting to anything, and that Georgia did not figure into my future plans. :kitty-wink:

I just want to know if Josh will be sporting Razorback apparel when he is released. Because I really kinda want to send him a hat sporting a big red A.

image.jpeg

@Kjaerringa the scarlet letter on a hat is perfect for Joshly :)

Also- you just just made me inhale an adult beverage! Thank-you for the much needed laugh, but my sinuses are never going to be the same!! :omg:

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived