IGNORED

Where are the Duggars Going/Show Coming Back?

Apricot

2 minutes ago, missegeno said:

I recently sent TLC my thoughts once more as the treehouse rumors started buzzing about. While I was at it, I also sent an inquiry about another show that I DO want to see more of. All I got in response to the Duggar-related email was the same stock response as before the Counting On specials, stating:

BUT! In response to the inquiry about the other show that I like, I got details and air dates. Also a form letter, but one with actual content and answers. I don't know whether to be pissed or happy about this discrepancy. On one hand, I want answers to my Duggar concerns that they did not answer. On the other hand, there seems to be at least somebody routing these emails based on content.

Not necessarily. They can have a computer program that scans the emails for key words and phrases. 

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wouldn't surprise me that they would have a show about Josh's "recovery". The article had the same sort of speculation we have here. A special about Josh would certainly get ratings. :puke-huge:

5 hours ago, missegeno said:

I recently sent TLC my thoughts once more as the treehouse rumors started buzzing about. While I was at it, I also sent an inquiry about another show that I DO want to see more of. All I got in response to the Duggar-related email was the same stock response as before the Counting On specials, stating:

BUT! In response to the inquiry about the other show that I like, I got details and air dates. Also a form letter, but one with actual content and answers. I don't know whether to be pissed or happy about this discrepancy. On one hand, I want answers to my Duggar concerns that they did not answer. On the other hand, there seems to be at least somebody routing these emails based on content.

Maybe it's as simple as negative comments get ignored and issued a form-letter type response, while positive comments they actually pay attention to and reply.  

Glad to hear your show is coming back on though.  It wouldn't happen to be '90 day fiancee' would it?  I'd like to see those episodes extended (not enough time for each couple).   

On 1/31/2016 at 0:44 AM, luv2laugh said:

I think that when the molestation scandal came out, TLC decided that they wanted to cut JB & Michelle and Josh out and let the show focus on Jessa & Jill. There were rumors back in early June that TLC wanted to do a spin off focusing on Jessa & Jill but JB would not have it and demanded that the show focus on the entire family, including him as the head, along with Michelle or no show. Then once TLC cancelled 19 Kids & Counting, I think JB realized that all of the $$$ was drying up and finally agreed to have Jessa & Jill do the spin off. I believe the spin off was in the works way back in early June when the rumors about it started swirling around. Now, it is very interesting to me that they are rumored to be focusing on Jana and now, we also see evidence of the TLC worker interviewing the Duggar boys.  I think TLC realizes that the public cares a lot about poor Jana the most, and obviously, Anna because of the Josh scandals. I think TLC realizes that Jessa & Jill alone cannot carry on a show, so they want to throw Jana and Anna in because they bring in the ratings. It seems like TLC wants the show to be about the Duggar children - JB & Michelle (hopefully not Josh, knock on wood).  Overtime, I believe they would slowly and gradually worm JB & Michelle back into the series because I think JB would push himself in again, without a doubt. He has to control everything.

I do think if they focused on the "kids" over 18 (excluding Josh and Anna, she's choosing to keep her daughters with a pedo she should be OUT) but they would need to have these kids doing SOMETHING besides sitting around doing their hair and shoveling dirt from one pile to another for daddy. I do wonder if Boob would let them get "jobs" if it meant money for him?

Well, would any company want a Duggar employee if he/she was followed by TLC cameras? They wouldn't get much work done.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Well, would any company want a Duggar employee if he/she was followed by TLC cameras? They wouldn't get much work done.

And we come full circle to Derick no longer having the WM job...and the cameras were not even in the workplace, but the cameras seemingly controlled all.

I know the original reports claimed that TLC was definitely behind filming, but have we ruled out the production company creating its own little pilot or something to shop around? I've watched some of the Bates' show and noticed that they have incredibly similar formatting, editing styles, right down to the credits being almost identical in font and order. I also noticed that the production company appears to be the same one responsible for 19KAC. 

I'm definitely not an expert but I believe that the company could easily have hired the same crew to film 'scenes' for a pilot to shop around, possibly to UP. It would make sense. 

Though, I'm just now remembering that the lumber shop dude himself stated it was TLC explicitly? I don't know. I'm just spit-ballin' here. 

25 minutes ago, JHeathen said:

I can't see half of this article and I'm not doing one of their surveys to read it. But the opening paragraph didn't present any new info, just that TLC has expressed sympathy with the Duggars blah blah blah

am I missing something? I've read every page in this thread but I still haven't seen proper confirmation that it's definitely TLC (other than lumber dude)

let me me know if I'm just not reading properly, I'm genuinely confused 

That article says TLC makes these decisions carefully with the thought of the network in mind, and that people are still interested in seeing how the Duggars navigate post scandal. (summarizing)

So the best interest of TLC is to show a family that enabled sexual abuse. 

9 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

That article says TLC makes these decisions carefully with the thought of the network in mind, and that people are still interested in seeing how the Duggars navigate post scandal. (summarizing)

So the best interest of TLC is to show a family that enabled sexual abuse. 

That sounds like more of a 'maybe, maybe not' than a definite confirmation to me. But, then again, it's TLC. Standards? What are they?

thank you for summarising :) 

3 minutes ago, Front Hugging Fiend said:

That sounds like more of a 'maybe, maybe not' than a definite confirmation to me. But, then again, it's TLC. Standards? What are they?

thank you for summarising :) 

I believe their standads are...

Spoiler

tumblr_nziltneeRw1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Here is what confused me. I guess I can accept that TLC makes business decisions based on short-term gain, meaning they need to get their numbers up ASAP. But what role does Discovery Communications, which is a huge international communications corporation, play in any decision TLC makes? Maybe they think that returning the Duggars will result in better numbers overall. That seems a stretch to me because I feel TLC now has a brand problem that the Duggars cannot fix.  Or maybe TLC and the parent company are counting on people having short memories. 

TLC wasn't exactly speedy about cancelling the show, making me think that they always planned to bring it back in some form or other. They got rid of Honey Boo Boo immediately. Maybe they figured that the molestation was so long ago, and that Josh was forgiven, we would all forget what happened. JB, M, and the girls went on Fox to tell us how mean the media was, and how wonderfully they had dealt with everything. Of course, he just had  a young boy's natural curiosity.

Then AM hit. What to do? Înterview Anna and his sisters and throw Josh under the bus. Good ratings. TLC will put whatever spin on the show to keep it on the air, because they have nothing to replace it with. If something more interesting or scandalous comes along, the Duggars will be gone.

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

TLC wasn't exactly speedy about cancelling the show, making me think that they always planned to bring it back in some form or other. They got rid of Honey Boo Boo immediately. Maybe they figured that the molestation was so long ago, and that Josh was forgiven, we would all forget what happened. JB, M, and the girls went on Fox to tell us how mean the media was, and how wonderfully they had dealt with everything. Of course, he just had  a young boy's natural curiosity.

Then AM hit. What to do? Înterview Anna and his sisters and throw Josh under the bus. Good ratings. TLC will put whatever spin on the show to keep it on the air, because they have nothing to replace it with. If something more interesting or scandalous comes along, the Duggars will be gone.

TLC canceled before AM hit.  

Right, I was trying (badly) to say that TLC would have brought the show back earlier if not for AM.Actually, AM gave them a great opportunity to bring back the show. Better than the wimpy appearance on the molestation documentary.

If I understand it, Honey Boo Boo was in a position where the mother was going to put her in a position where she could be molested going forward. So that had to end immediately from TLC's perspective.

Josh is out of the house. What they think of the danger of him molesting again is anybody's guess. It does not seem to have the same immediacy of Honey Boo Boo........sort of, well, that was a live situation....confirmed, convicted adult molester back in the picture.  I don't quite know how Josh could be described. 

22 minutes ago, JMO said:

Has TLC made an official announcement that they are coming back? (Sorry if I missed it)

No

25 minutes ago, JMO said:

Has TLC made an official announcement that they are coming back? (Sorry if I missed it)

I was wondering the same thing. I haven't seen anything about it coming back. 

16 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I do think if they focused on the "kids" over 18 (excluding Josh and Anna, she's choosing to keep her daughters with a pedo she should be OUT) but they would need to have these kids doing SOMETHING besides sitting around doing their hair and shoveling dirt from one pile to another for daddy. I do wonder if Boob would let them get "jobs" if it meant money for him?

Okay, deep breath. I don'tbelievethatateenagerwhoassaultshissistersisnecessarilyapedo. I think, in the environment in which they grew up, it was always a possibility, and , perhaps, an inevitability, that sexuality would be explored- which would explain the comment that it was common in their circles for such incidents to occur.. There is a reason that paedophiliacs are not diagnosed until they are a certain age - until the brain, and the sexuality has matured, it CAN be environment and opportunity. I also believe that Josh's development was seriously delayed by his idiotic parents' beliefs.

There is absolutely no evidence that Josh has assaulted any child since reaching adulthood. I do believe that Josh was socially developmentally delayed by the ridiculous teachings of ATI. I feel that some on FJ have a witch hunt that Josh is an aggressive paedophiliac who should not be allowed to be around his children, and that Anna should divorce him for that reason. I disagree. She surely has many grounds for divorce, but I do not think this is one of them. ( ducks and runs...)

• Coconut Flan locked and unlocked this topic

Archived