IGNORED

Where are the Duggars Going/Show Coming Back?

Apricot

I hope Im not duplicating anything, I did have a little look and couldn't see a similar post unless it's hidden in one of the megathreads.

I've been pondering for days now, what on earth is going to happen to the Duggars?  Before the first scandal, they seemed to be moving into a new season of life (courtships/marriages/babies) but since 'Si and Marjorie was called off, as far as we know, the lives of the older Duggarlings seem to have stalled.  I don't know if it was just me but it seemed like one by one the older children were beginning to change their lives (I know they're all still entrenched in the cult but they definitely seemed to be allowed to grow up finally).

In the last year, absolutely nothing.  Are all of the children still at home destined to stay there forever like the Arndt family?  I just can't see Boob and Mullet allowing any sorts of freedom now and do any of the other fundie families want to be associated with a family that's had so much shame brought on them?

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just did a Duggar Google news search and it appears that TLC is going to revive 19 Kids. I take this as a grain of salt because I haven't seen/heard/read this directly from TLC.  If it's true I'm disappointed but not surprised. 

15 minutes ago, JoyfullyUnavailable said:

I just did a Duggar Google news search and it appears that TLC is going to revive 19 Kids. I take this as a grain of salt because I haven't seen/heard/read this directly from TLC.  If it's true I'm disappointed but not surprised. 

They've been seen filming. So it's probably going to happen, at least in some capacity. 

I just don't get what there is to film at this point. The older kidults aren't going to college or vocational school, and even the married kids don't work. The school aged kids don't seem to be getting any kind of education. Josh is in disgrace and JB and Michelle admitted to covering up molestation. Why do people want to see this family back on TV? 

12 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I just don't get what there is to film at this point. The older kidults aren't going to college or vocational school, and even the married kids don't work. The school aged kids don't seem to be getting any kind of education. Josh is in disgrace and JB and Michelle admitted to covering up molestation. Why do people want to see this family back on TV? 

What was there ever to watch beyond a train wreck? I mean they were never that interesting. 

The TV I'd like to see is the kids and kidults going out into the real world.  Such as the younger J twins first day on the job at Chickfila, Joy and Josiah's adventures at college, the Lost Girls' going to public school, Ben getting a job, etc.

File this under the 'never going to happen' scenario.

I'd like to see the young ones go to school, join scouts, be on a team or anything that isn't acting for the cameras. I would also like to see how their lives go without the cameras around. I guess I'd have to be a fly on the wall for that, because the dynamic changes as soon as the cameras roll in. That's why we need a tell all book. If I were a Duggar, I wouldn't want people to know how messed up my family is.

36 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

They still have lots of leghumpers, just look at any of their fb posts. TLC has made up plots once they ran out of "this is us making our own dish soap" and "this is our family closet". Things got stale, and I believe a lot of the adventures, trips, and the like that they filmed were tlc inspired if not entirely created by them.  TLC wants the $ and viewership and gossip this show brought in, so they will figure out a way to make it work.  

PS: my husband calls TLC the exploitation channel.

1 hour ago, quiverofdoubt said:

They still have lots of leghumpers, just look at any of their fb posts. TLC has made up plots once they ran out of "this is us making our own dish soap" and "this is our family closet". Things got stale, and I believe a lot of the adventures, trips, and the like that they filmed were tlc inspired if not entirely created by them.  TLC wants the $ and viewership and gossip this show brought in, so they will figure out a way to make it work.  

PS: my husband calls TLC the exploitation channel.

I understand intellectually that there are leghumpers but I just don't understand why. JB and Michelle threw their daughters under the bus to protect their eldest son's "testimony" and social standing within the church. They've neglected the educations of all their children, and have taught them a poor work ethic. They've even said that incest is common in their social circle. That alone is a sign that the ATI world is seriously dysfunctional.  There is nothing admirable about this family and certain nothing that merits them a TV show.

Where do they go from here?

Poverty?

or

Hard work--actually getting their butts out of bed & answering to a boss--like so many of us do.

Its their choice.

22 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I understand intellectually that there are leghumpers but I just don't understand why. JB and Michelle threw their daughters under the bus to protect their eldest son's "testimony" and social standing within the church. They've neglected the educations of all their children, and have taught them a poor work ethic. They've even said that incest is common in their social circle. That alone is a sign that the ATI world is seriously dysfunctional.  There is nothing admirable about this family and certain nothing that merits them a TV show.

Oh, totally with you there. I'm not entirely sure why either, other than many are in deep deep denial about the family.  But TLC isn't a company (or their parent company) isn't one with good morals or ethics. We've seen that time and again. They profit from portraying train wreck families, and I suspect they drama up families that didn't start that way. They are in it for $$ and bottom lines.  Why will people watch? I mean those who don't have their head in the sand and aren't preaching the "Jesus forgave josh" line? same reason we rubber neck at a traffic accident I guess.

I'm honestly shocked they are bringing back the entire series. I thought they'd just continue Jessa & Jill if brought back. It's only a matter of time before Josh returns to the screen to bring the big ratings. I cannot stomach JB & Michelle who covered up Josh's actions and kept the girls with him. Will NOT be watching this time. "The focus will be on Jana." Pshh, yeah right we ALL know that $$$ is going to go to Jim Bob shame on them for pimping Jana out. Jana never wanted to be the focus of attention, she barely participated in talking heads. Shame on Jim Bob & Michelle for pimping her out to be the breadwinner for the entire clan. I bet this was done because they knew they would get more heat if they kept the show centered on Jim Bob & Michelle like in the past so they knew they had to pick a daughter to focus on this time around. I would watch a show called Jana but not under the guise of knowing where that $$$ is actually going too--> Jim Bob! I am writing to TLC.
http://www.christianpost.com/news/19-kids-and-counting-news-tlc-brings-series-back-156082/

Were there any comments made? I cannot get to that section without giving my email address and Hell NO on that one.

Eff you TLC- I'd rather watch 600 lb people or people with goiters...better yet, I'd rather watch anything not on TLC.

Focus on Jana Duggar? Seriously, for an entire season?

Is this actually confirmed? How reliable is Christian Post? All I can see so far are completely unsubstantiated statements. In fact, that Variety article quoting Nancy Daniels they link to directly contradicts them: "As for the possibility of more episodes or a series centering around the sisters, Daniels said, “We’re still talking and considering it, but we have not made a decision yet."" http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/tlc-duggar-scandal-television-critics-association-tca-1201674570/

From the Christian Post article:

"After seeing the success of the short series, it was announced that TLC will be bringing back "19 Kids and Counting" to the small screen" 

Announced by whom? Where? When?

"Reports show that a camera crew was recently seen with the Duggar family. They were seen in several locations such as a lumberyard and a thrift store."

Yep, this has been discussed, but I haven't seen any confirmation that it actually happened, and none that it means that 19 Kids is returning.

"In addition, it was revealed that the upcoming focus of the new season will be on Jana Duggar."

Again, revealed by whom, when, and where?

"19 Kids and Counting" is expected to return to the small screen this 2016."

Says who? Also, 'this 2016'? As opposed to last 2016, or next 2016? Hmm.

5 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Is this actually confirmed? How reliable is Christian Post? All I can see so far are completely unsubstantiated statements. In fact, that Variety article quoting Nancy Daniels they link to directly contradicts them: "As for the possibility of more episodes or a series centering around the sisters, Daniels said, “We’re still talking and considering it, but we have not made a decision yet."" http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/tlc-duggar-scandal-television-critics-association-tca-1201674570/

"After seeing the success of the short series, it was announced that TLC will be bringing back "19 Kids and Counting" to the small screen" 

"Reports show that a camera crew was recently seen with the Duggar family. They were seen in several locations such as a lumberyard and a thrift store."

Yep, this has been discussed, but I haven't seen any confirmation that it actually happened, and none that it means that 19 Kids is returning.

"In addition, it was revealed that the upcoming focus of the new season will be on Jana Duggar."

They have been seen filming-

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

They have been seen filming-

Did you even read what I wrote...?

Wow. I can't believe that child molestation and adultery weren't enough to keep these people off TV. Absolutely bizarre. Who the hell runs TLC, anyway? 

How about I combine this with the talk that the series is revived?

10 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

S3 you make really good points.   Until this in confirmed on the TLC website, I'm holding out hope that they haven't jumped into the cesspool of 19KAC full time.   The filming could still be a one and done special on Jana this time. (fingers crossed)

• Coconut Flan locked and unlocked this topic

Archived