IGNORED

Where are the Duggars Going/Show Coming Back?

Apricot

22 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Other than the Duggars, I cant think of much else more boring than Sierra fucking up parties for a half hour.

I'd consider moving to NWA just so I could be one of her clients and ask her to help me plan a Dothraki wedding. Sierra, this party is going to SUCK if fewer than three people die!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh just ugh I do not want any of these people on TV. Sierra should have never been put on TV. She makes party planners look really bad. I was an event planner and the things she does just make me cringe. I did large events for attorneys and small events so have a fair amount of experience and I would have never pulled out the painting of flamingoes into any event. Ever.

Plus, she strives to be Michelle and I feel that will just push her pregnancy button again. She really needs to take a rest if she is feeling overwhelmed like it may seem from some of her FB posts. Another child into the mix is certainly not going to make her life easier. She already started using paper plates to alleviate stress there isn't much left for her to do eh?

The Duggars just bite. They are frauds with pasted on smiles and I am sick of the entire bunch of them. I do not want to see Josh welcomed home as the newly reformed son. Ick. I don't want to see any more dry humping from the nasty JB and his lovely wife "fried hair". They have nothing to offer anyone.

Ok, need to get off my soapbox. Sorry for the rant.

35 minutes ago, Hiddenomaha said:

Who is rumored to be courting?

Pretty much anyone and everyone old enough to court has been rumored to be courting.

42 minutes ago, Hiddenomaha said:

Who is rumored to be courting?

The first rumor was that the new show will feature a courtship for Jinger. The other rumor is that the show will mainly focus on Jana. If Jana is the star of the new season, I think she has to courting or will the entire season be Jana raising her siblings?

Is a courtship the reason TLC is giving them a new show so soon? 

If they don't come back on tv, we will run out of snarkable material. But that would be OK. No more Duggars.

If they don't come back on tv, we will run out of snarkable material. But that would be OK. No more Duggars.

Eh, rewatching episodes for the snark is the gift that keeps on giving, at least to me. :P

On 2/19/2016 at 11:32 AM, Jessalyn said:

So, Other than the alleged filming at the lumber yard, every time we know they have been filming (baby shower and shopping for baby shower) It has been with Sierra, right? 

Maybe she is getting a show on TLC, didn't she say she had some big news coming up soon?

I figured her "big news" was her partnership with the cookie lady? I even let out a sigh of relief thinking that was all it was. Overpriced Valentines are one thing, but an entire TV show of her throwing together fundy baby showers is another. Please please please don't let it be so!

On 2/21/2016 at 11:49 PM, Kira said:

The first rumor was that the new show will feature a courtship for Jinger. The other rumor is that the show will mainly focus on Jana. If Jana is the star of the new season, I think she has to courting or will the entire season be Jana raising her siblings?

Is a courtship the reason TLC is giving them a new show so soon? 

If Jinger is the star, I hope someone gives her face a good scrubbing. She looks like a raccoon.

When Jinger launched into that speech, I can't remember when, about her bad behavior, or her guilt or her sins (maybe someone remembers better) I really felt badly for her. That is not what religion should be. It should hold you up, give you strength. Whichever flavor you choose. 

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Maybe we're looking at a series of specials rather than a reboot.  Boob would have a fire sale selling off the J'slaves if he had to.

Re: JB. Sad but true.

9 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Maybe we're looking at a series of specials rather than a reboot.  Boob would have a fire sale selling off the J'slaves if he had to.

Agree that it is probably not a series, at least not yet.  I am thinking there may be a set of specials like the last one-- ostensibly focusing on Jana ("She's not really CINDERELLA!") and Jinger ("Why would anyone thinks she needs to be freed?") but including things about the whole family and maybe even The Return of Josh.

8 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Agree that it is probably not a series, at least not yet.  I am thinking there may be a set of specials like the last one-- ostensibly focusing on Jana ("She's not really CINDERELLA!") and Jinger ("Why would anyone thinks she needs to be freed?") but including things about the whole family and maybe even The Return of Josh.

If they do a show focusing on Jana, they'd be hard-pressed to convince me she's not a modern-day Cinderella.  I can see them filming her having some semi-independent outings, but if she's still living in the girls dorm room, only drawing any earnings from Daddy-approved sources, with no Prince Charming on the horizon, she's still Janarella.

I just cannot understand why those older girls don't get themselves jobs, rent an apartment, and walk out en masse.  Other than they don't know they can...

1 hour ago, QuiverDance said:

I just cannot understand why those older girls don't get themselves jobs, rent an apartment, and walk out en masse.  Other than they don't know they can...

Because they believe they are doing what is right, proper, and godly. That's fairly easy to understand.

7 minutes ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

Because they believe they are doing what is right, proper, and godly. That's fairly easy to understand.

I've noticed sarcasm or tongue-in-cheek humor eludes you.  

2 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

I've noticed sarcasm or tongue-in-cheek humor eludes you.  

Oh, god ... yes ... did it again. *face palm*

Sorry, Quiver.

They have already done three courtships, what is going to happen in a fourth (Jana's or Jinger's) that we haven't already seen? This isn't a fairytale. How is it uplifting to see a 25 year-old woman get married when she has never left the house alone, never had a job, no education, no real friends she makes on her own and has never made an adult decision on her own? Now she is marrying a man she has never had a conversation alone with, likely barely knows, never kissed and couldn't hold hands with until they were engaged. Now she gets to be his property, be submissive and he is her authority. She goes from being a child in her parents house to being a child in her husband's house. She never actually becomes a full-fledged adult because she still had no control over her own life. Oh, she does gets to have sex on her husband's demand. This is exciting?  None of these girls are going to marry someone who leads them to a life of normality. 

This isn't the life the vast majority of people, even viewers, would want for their children. It's young women whose lot in life is determined with a courtship and marriage that does nothing but pushes them deeper into a lifestyle where their only value is pushing out babies. They will continue the cycle of raising uneducated children, particularly daughters, who will never know their true worth or potential. 

7 minutes ago, socalrules said:

They have already done three courtships, what is going to happen in a fourth (Jana's or Jinger's) that we haven't already seen? This isn't a fairytale. How is it uplifting to see a 25 year-old woman get married when she has never left the house alone, never had a job, no education, no real friends she makes on her own and has never made an adult decision on her own? Now she is marrying a man she has never had a conversation alone with, likely barely knows, never kissed and couldn't hold hands with until they were engaged. Now she gets to be his property, be submissive and he is her authority. She goes from being a child in her parents how to being a child in her husband's house. She never actually becomes a full-fledged adult because she still had no control over her own life. Oh, she does gets to have sex on her husband's demand. This is exciting?  None of these girls are going to marry someone who leads them to a life of normality. 

This isn't the life the vast majority of people, even viewers, would want for their children. It's young women whose lot in life is determined with a courtship and marriage that does nothing but pushes them deeper into a lifestyle where their only value is pushing out babies. They will continue the cycle of raising uneducated children, particularly daughters who will never know their true worth or potential. 

The rumor has been ongoing for sometime that Jana has been dating a divorced, bi-racial man with kids.  

• Coconut Flan locked and unlocked this topic

Archived