IGNORED

New Year, Same Old Maxwells

mango_fandango

Now all Anna Marie has to do when the need arises is grab the number out she needs and heat in the oven

So Chrisy cannot get off his lazy arse to grab a few burritos and put them in the oven, let alone cook a meal from scratch.  He is hardly run of his feet work wise....

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, I thought varicose veins happened to older people than NR Anna. But apparently pregnancy can cause them too. Probably particularly cos Anna's had so many lately.

22 minutes ago, johnhugh said:

So Chrisy cannot get off his lazy arse to grab a few burritos and put them in the oven, let alone cook a meal from scratch.  He is hardly run of his feet work wise....

It is so ridiculous that the husband can't contribute to "women's work" by cooking when she is not feeling well.

On another note, I am pleased to see they used Costco uncooked tortillas. They are so tasty!

Anna helped Anna make 100 burrito's to freeze. Dang, as if Sunday burrito's aren't enough..... At least her headship allows her to use hamburger..... :pb_eek:

In one of the Maxwell threads it was mentioned that their RSS feeder wasn't pushing updates to them. I'm in the same boat, and just happened to check the Tits2 website. There's a new post about burrito-making for Anna Marie

One thing I found interesting is that they used HAMBURGER MEAT for the burritos. Not just beans, people, but meat, too!

*Edit NRAnna and Anna Marie

We would have figured it out if Sarah had just written "hamburger" instead of "hamburger meat".  Hi, Steve!

Wow. Even their mundane is mundane. Freezer cooking to prepare for a future event is nothing new or original. It is, however, far more creative. When I was married my ex and I were having surgery during the same month and we knew far enough in advance that I did a lot of meal prep so we wouldn't resort to junk. For just the two of us heathens I made chili, tomato sauce, a chicken stew, enchiladas...and a few other things I can't remember now, 15 years later. Oh, and pre cooked hamburgers and brats. And split pea soup. And, I consider that a very basic menu to get by with. 

If ofChristopher's Anna is preparing for down time, life is going to suck huge with just burritos in the freezer. Are they really that incapable of being creative? Are they opposed to good food, in taste and content? 

Yuk is all I have to say. 

3 minutes ago, gustava said:

How does one flash freeze in the freezer?

I always thought it was just a commercial thing but it's a home thing too. Learn something new every day. I've been doing this for ages but never knew it had a name.

What Is Flash Freezing?

In food-industry terms, flash freezing (also known as blast freezing) refers to freezing foods at extremely low temperatures with cold, circulating air. This quick-chill method keeps ice crystals small, which prevents moisture loss in the food when it thaws.

For the home cook, however, flash freezing refers to the practice of freezing individual pieces of food separately (usually spread out on a baking sheet or tray), then packing the frozen food in airtight containersor freezer bags or wrapping with foil or plastic wrap for longer storage. The first step of this process keeps individual pieces of food from fusing together during the freezing process. Flash freezing allows the cook to thaw and use just the amount of food needed, rather than thawing larger volumes of the food all at once.

12 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

We would have figured it out if Sarah had just written "hamburger" instead of "hamburger meat".  Hi, Steve!

I can't snark on the term 'hamburger meat' cause I, along with everyone I know, use that term.  But it's probably like the term 'tuna fish' which drives me crazy.  

I wonder who paid for the burrito ingredients, especially since Steve likes it on the cheap without meat. Those burritos do not seem that big either, more tortilla than anything else. I also do not understand why they need 100 when they only have two adults and little kids. I hope it isn't expected that the extended family will come by and eat them. 

2 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I wonder who paid for the burrito ingredients, especially since Steve likes it on the cheap without meat. Those burritos do not seem that big either, more tortilla than anything else. I also do not understand why they need 100 when they only have two adults and little kids. I hope it isn't expected that the extended family will come by and eat them. 

Maybe they allow condiments like salsa and sour cream? With a salad on the side? That would certainly make it more of a meal. 

I imagine that the family as a whole would eat between 6 and 8 burritos per meal, which would give them 12-16 meals. I guess that's not that many, especially if they are eating the burritos between now and after the baby is born. 

Hopefully this isn't the only thing they'd have available to eat. 

4 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Damn, I thought varicose veins happened to older people than NR Anna. But apparently pregnancy can cause them too. Probably particularly cos Anna's had so many lately.

Nah, they can happen to anybody. Some caused I've been aware of since I was old enough to eavesdrop on ElderJunebugs' conversations: working on one's feet, overweight, plain old bad luck. 

I have a Q about flash-freezing-- can it be done in any old freezer or do the OfChrises have even more special equipment? Y'know those Maxfolk and their live of special equipment!  Another Q: does flash-freezing unwrapped foods cause freezer burn?

Aaaaannnd I see the answers to my Q's, above. Read, MJB, read. 

Eternal optimist that I be, I'm betting that NRAnna made lots more than beef (!!) burritos, and Steve/Sarah chose not to show that. 

As as long as you're bring ground beef (!!) why not mix some of it with beans for chili, or with sour cream and mushroom soup for stroganoff, or with tomato sauce and paste for pasta.  Again, NRAnna grew up hundreds of miles away on a farm or semi-farm and so there's a real good chance she knows better than to subsist on beans and green smoothies. 

At least, that's how I'll hope. 

Holy burrito bacchanalia, Batman! Not just meat, but SEASONED meat! Add in some cheese and we've arrived on the dark side.

I'd love this flavor flaunting to be an FU to Steve. You may control where they live, when and where they vacation and the scope of their jobs, but dammit, you will not control their burritos!

Just one perk of being a lesser 'extended family' in Maxhell--life tastes at least a little better.

12 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

My sister got them during her first pregnancy, so I suspect genetics also plays a role. The one thing that gave her some relief was compression stockings.

As soon as Anna Chris announced the pregnancy I wondered how long it would take for Anna's varicose . Veins to come up poor her years and years and years of pregnancies with varicose veins.   I wonder if it'll affect her health?

53 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

I honestly wonder if Sarah's other readers wonder the same things we do.

I think so. You get hints of it with some of the comments and questions they ask. The Maxwells just choose to ignore those sorts of comments. 

14 hours ago, LadyPriss said:

I can't snark on the term 'hamburger meat' cause I, along with everyone I know, use that term.  But it's probably like the term 'tuna fish' which drives me crazy.  

Yeah, saying hamburger meat is fairly common in the Midwest, always makes me laugh.  Nothing else to add, going to go eat a banana fruit now.

18 hours ago, johnhugh said:

But cooking is WOMEN'S work. Next thing you know, he'll be wearing dresses and having babies! /s

1 hour ago, twin2 said:

Yeah, saying hamburger meat is fairly common in the Midwest, always makes me laugh.  Nothing else to add, going to go eat a banana fruit now.

I switch back and forth between ground beef and hamburger meat. It's the meat one uses to make hamburgers. I think it's less redundant than it appears at first glance. What about cake flour? ;)

Archived