IGNORED

New Year, Same Old Maxwells

mango_fandango

I don't get it. Why do they need to have a party at all if it's stressful? The Bible said nothing about having caroling parties.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/19/2016 at 10:46 AM, MamaJunebug said:

But wrt Anna Marie ... going to say I've never gotten the vibe of prudishness from her. Gal grew up with farm animals; she knows what cooks!  Maybe it's the way she looks like she KNOWS more than she's letting on, with her grin in most photos. Nope -- I truly think Chris MORE than lucked out on getting paired with that one!

Yup.  And I thought he was gay.

I am surprised that the Maxwells have abandoned their NYE tradition of praying and crying about their unsaved neighbors.

Steve has been getting quite lax lately.  I wonder why.

3 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I am surprised that the Maxwells have abandoned their NYE tradition of praying and crying about their unsaved neighbors.

They probably still do, but just don't mention it. But, in support of that theory, half the neighbours are Maxwells. 

17 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Maybe they did but just didn't say anything on the blog. 

They did mention "a time of prayer" after the non-immediate family went home, I think.  As I read it I wondered how it felt to depress themselves to tears after a lovely evening with the kids.

It must be getting harder to believe that the outside world is so utterly scary and bad, now there are so many smiley newcomers in the family.

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Steve has been getting quite lax lately.  I wonder why.

Maybe something has been slipped into the bean burrito filling. 

11 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Maybe something has been slipped into the bean burrito filling. 

That's what she said.

**heads to the prayer closet**

19 hours ago, nausicaa25 said:

According to my Mormon friend, they also try to avoid raffles and things like cake walks because it is so similar to gambling. 

Cake walks?

How can a person not do cake walks?

That's just depressing.  

On 19/01/2016 at 8:57 PM, EmiGirl said:

What's even more absurd is that while I was substitute teaching I taught a kindergarten class and apparently the state of Tennessee no longer allows the use of the words die or dice. They had to be called dot cubes.

We have to call them number cubes here and I'm not even in a particularly religious area!

27 minutes ago, bluelady said:

We have to call them number cubes here and I'm not even in a particularly religious area!

Sigh.  I miss my role-playing days when I got to roll my number icosahedrons.  Though I don't miss accidentally stepping on a number tetrahedron while barefoot!  

37 minutes ago, bluelady said:

:pb_eek: What?!? So this is not an isolated incident? WTF? What is the point of this exactly!?

If you call a die a die are all the little kids going to run out and become addicted to gambling? Does saying "number cube" make it save?

Is that some kind of 1984esque mind game?

9 hours ago, Paperplate said:

:pb_eek: What?!? So this is not an isolated incident? WTF? What is the point of this exactly!?

If you call a die a die are all the little kids going to run out and become addicted to gambling? Does saying "number cube" make it save?

My report is the whole state of Tennessee for the public schools. This was a few years ago though. 

When I taught I called them "random number generators" and cards were number cards. I taught my 1st graders to play black jack as a way to practice large number addition.

On 1/19/2016 at 7:44 PM, twin2 said:

But I thought they took notes from last year's caroling day so they would know what worked, what didn't and whatnot.  That should have taken care of the stress.  Must not have taken good enough notes.  They should pray about that.

They need a caroling chore pack,

14 hours ago, Paperplate said:

I'm not sure what the thinking is. The few times I've said number cube to my students, they've have no idea what I was talking about, so I've gone back to calling them dice. 

I'm in Nova Scotia, Canada if that makes a difference. 

17 hours ago, ksuheather said:

When I taught I called them "random number generators" and cards were number cards. I taught my 1st graders to play black jack as a way to practice large number addition.

:eleventy:

You. Are. Awesome.

When my husband was a kid, his southern baptist great grandparents wouldn't let him play any games with dice because the soldiers threw dice for Jesus' robe after the crucifixion. So weird.

Anna and Anna Marie made 100 (really 100?!)  frozen burritos, to make life easier on Anna Marie as she's been getting varicose veins. 

The biggest shock of all in this post is that they put meat in it. Even though Steve says there is no taste difference! Looks like Christopher says there is!

In other news, Sarah joyfully announces her sister-in-law has varicose veins!  But never fear, her freezer is filled and she can look forward to 100 Tasty Burritos Days with the Maxwells!

http://blog.titus2.com/2016/01/22/cooking-ahead-with-anna-marie-and-anna/

In Shocking News, NR Anna has put meat in the burritos.  Steve needs to get round there and inform her that he can't tell the difference, so the meat is not necessary. :smiley-signs131:

The verse underneath the post looks like an hilarious passive-aggressive dig at pregnant Anna's varicose veins:

“The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places;
yea, I have a goodly heritage.”
Psalm 16:6

5 minutes ago, blessalessi said:

In other news, Sarah joyfully announces her sister-in-law has varicose veins!  But never fear, her freezer is filled and she can look forward to 100 Tasty Burritos Days with the Maxwells!

http://blog.titus2.com/2016/01/22/cooking-ahead-with-anna-marie-and-anna/

In Shocking News, NR Anna has put meat in the burritos.  Steve needs to get round there and inform her that he can't tell the difference, so the meat is not necessary. :smiley-signs131:

NR Anna is becoming quite the rebel. I like it!

She is so joyfully spilling meat over the counter as she ladles it onto the burrito.

Are we sure Steve hasn't died and gone to Hell already?  Do we have recent photo evidence that he is still alive and ruling over them?

If the children "honour" him as much as they were taught to honour their grandparents, then by rights they will all skip his funeral and one of them will propose marriage to a suitor on the day of his funeral. 

Archived