IGNORED

Jessica Seewald Social Media

FJismyheadship

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

You know who else thought that living in the countryside was better than the city? POL POT, THAT'S WHO.

OMG, Pol Pot is only, like, my favorite mass murdering, genocidal dictator!  I'm totally going to start using him as my Hitler analogy (which I never actually do, but I will make an effort to now because Pol!  Pot!)

11 hours ago, missegeno said:

I read that "Pol! Pot!" line in Jello Biafra's voice and it made me smile.

Yes!

On 9.2.2016 at 9:14 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

It's the Reductio Ad Hitlerum argument. It can be stretched pretty far -- oh, you like dogs? You know who else liked dogs? HITLER!

OMG. Do you know how often I've heard the argument "You know who was also a vegetarian? HITLER." :headdesk:

On 2/9/2016 at 3:34 PM, sophie10130 said:

of course not. because this woman doesn't fit into their oversimplified black vs. white; good vs. evil; baby killer vs. baby lover pro-life "dialogue"

I have never once seen an anti-choicer bring up that women abort WANTED fetuses all the time because of medical reasons and whatnot. That women who WANT to be mothers abort their fetuses because at the time they don't want or can't have children, their situation is not viable for a loving environment, they don't have the money, or because of medical reasons.

They cannot introduce something that does not fit in their dichotomy because it would lead to critical thinking about the issue. It's better for them to divide the world into lovers and murderers.

I disagree a little with your statement. There are plenty of people, myself included, who don't fit 100% in the the pro-life box or pro-choice box. I like to think of myself as pro-life since I am mostly against abortions, however I am perfectly fine with abortions due to medical reasons, whether it be for the mother's sake or because of a deformity, disease, disability, etc. of the baby. 

It's the Reductio Ad Hitlerum argument. It can be stretched pretty far -- oh, you like dogs? You know who else liked dogs? HITLER!

OMG. Do you know how often I've heard the argument "You know who was also a vegetarian? HITLER." :headdesk:

Hmmm I've Been a vegetarian for 17 years. When do I get to start taking over the world?

Don't worry, I'll leave out the whole concentration camp thing. Well just have lots of parties.

On 2/12/2016 at 3:50 PM, Trynn said:

Hmmm I've Been a vegetarian for 17 years. When do I get to start taking over the world?

Don't worry, I'll leave out the whole concentration camp thing. Well just have lots of parties.

I'm all for lots of parties!

Vote #1 Trynn! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Jessica wants a baby or ten. 

How fast would she change her mind if she actually had to raise a baby or ten?

All these dumbos trying to get married and pregnant. How about real college? Or a job? GET A LIFE. What does Jess do for a living anyways?

On 2/16/2016 at 3:50 PM, Trynn said:

Thank you. In case I wasn't clear enough, not only will concentration camps be off the menu, so will genocide. Also, free booze.

But.. but... Hitler was a teetotaler!

18 hours ago, season of life said:

All these dumbos trying to get married and pregnant. How about real college? Or a job? GET A LIFE. What does Jess do for a living anyways?

I am pretty sure she has mentioned going to work before, but what she does, I have no clue. I'm guessing retail, reception, maybe waiting tables. GOD, can you imagine having her as a co-worker? Judgey religious rants, clingy-girlfriend meltdowns, showing you creepy photos of bae that he doesn't know she took, wanting ALL the babies. 

On 3/7/2016 at 10:46 PM, FJismyheadship said:

Jessica wants a baby or ten. 

How fast would she change her mind if she actually had to raise a baby or ten?

Now it's her turn to marry into a reality TV gravy train.  Pair her with Lawson Bates?

On 2/9/2016 at 1:08 AM, EmCatlyn said:

It is not just Fundies who like to bring Hitler into the abortion debate.  It is a common "argument" by almost everyone onthe" Pro-Life" side--Fundie or not.

But they are not alone.  The "Pro Choice" side can always point out that Hiltler outlawed abortion before he began gassing "unfit" humans (the mentally challenged, for example) and eventually Jews and Gypsies, etc.

Talk about people picking "facts" out of context or engaging in false analogy!

I disagree. I don't really fit into either box but I am definitely more on the pro-life side. I've never used Hitler in any discussion on the topic. Nor have I seen it from anyone I know.....and I know a LOT of pro-life people (lots of Catholics.)

Jessica probably thinks "Pol Pot" is item 6 on the menu of the nearest Chinese takeout.

2 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I disagree. I don't really fit into either box but I am definitely more on the pro-life side. I've never used Hitler in any discussion on the topic. Nor have I seen it from anyone I know.....and I know a LOT of pro-life people (lots of Catholics.)

Well, Michelle and Jim Bob used Hitler and the Holocaust a lot in abortion discussions.  In fact, they wanted to found a museum on abortion and compare it to the Holocaust museum in Washington D. C.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/exclusive-jim-bob-and-michelle-duggar-on-spreading-the-culture-of-life-with

1 hour ago, ClaraOswin said:

I wasn't referring to individuals discussing the issues in a civilized fashion so much as propaganda groups and people in heated debates.  I am pro-choice, but I have never used the Nazi argument.  But I have heard it a lot from pro-lifers, including Catholics.   And I have heard pro-choicers make the comparison also.  We all have different experiences, and I wasn't seriously suggesting that everyone in one camp or the other will bring up the Holocaust.  It is just that both sides do it and that I always find it a sign that a discussion has deteriorated when either or both bring up the Holocaust.  (At one point when I was helping organize some student debates, I introduced the rule that the side to first mention the Holocaust loses.:rolleyes:)

Below are some sites that address the subject and summarize the main arguments for both sides.

Abortion the Hidden Holocaust

The Nazis and Abortion

One major Pro-Choice claim is that the Nazis were anti-abortion and anti-choice. Since the Nazis were evil, and they were anti-choice, then whoever is anti-choice is like or similar to a Nazi. ( From "The Nazis an Abortion")

Auschwitz and Abortion--Catholic Media CoAlition Website

Anti-Choice Shameful Holocaust Comparison (From Salon)

Saying it’s OK to choose is the same thing as saying it’s OK for Hitler to choose,” says a fresh-faced young man. He’s talking about choosing an abortion in “180,” a 33-minute movie comparing legalized abortion to the Holocaust that has so far gotten over 1.5 million hits on YouTube, thanks in part to heavy distribution by fertilized-eggs-as-people promulgators Personhood USA . (From "Anti-Choice Shameful Holocaust Comparison," Salon 12/17/11)

As I said, both sides do it.  But you are right that it is not everyone on both sides.

2 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Jessica probably thinks "Pol Pot" is item 6 on the menu of the nearest Chinese takeout.

Pol Pot, wow. Reminds me of my art school days listening to The Dead Kennedys with a house full of friends, dyeing our hair colors not found in nature.

Good times! :)

5 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

Well, Michelle and Jim Bob used Hitler and the Holocaust a lot in abortion discussions.  In fact, they wanted to found a museum on abortion and compare it to the Holocaust museum in Washington D. C.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/exclusive-jim-bob-and-michelle-duggar-on-spreading-the-culture-of-life-with

Thankfully not all pro-life people are like Michelle and Jim Bob. Blech.

Posted this poorly written gem yesterday. She's dropping more shade about being an unwed, teenage spinster. Dating Eli for over a year and still no commitment.... Blessa must be thinking, "Well that's what you get for dating without purpose, you pants-wearing sinner."

http://theodysseyonline.com/arkansas-little-rock/19-married/345361

Gems from the article include "Society also tells us that it’s cool to get divorced because half of all marriages in the United States end that way, anyway" and "taking care of a cat" in a list of new things experienced after marriage that helped the author mature.

"The number one thing couples fight about is money, and that is another reason why people think it is best to wait to get married. But I’ve heard that couples who have made it through rough financial times at the beginning of their marriage look back fondly on those simple days when your dates all had to be packed picnics and you stayed up reading to each other because you didn’t have a TV. "

Give me a break. Not having t.v. or money for "dates" is the least of people's troubles if they are struggling financially. Some people can't pay their rent. Or electricity. Or whatever. Get your head out of your ass, lady! Not having a t.v. isn't some horrible hardship.

"I had to pick an issuance plan for the first time, pay hospital bills, cook, take care of a cat, fix my car when it was broken, decorate my own house for Christmas, pay more bills, buy a new cell phone plan, and etc. "

Wow. Could this part highlight her age a bit more or what?  Most 19 year olds have to do all of this too. Married or not. These things listed have literally nothing to do with marital status.

I am convinced that when someone says they are "mature for their age"...it's really the exact opposite that is true.

Who is this random teen anyway? She doesn't seem to bright. So it's not surprising Jessica would relate to her.

I occasionally creep on her facebook and it seems at least once a week an article is posted with some kind of hint to her boyfriend to propose.

• Curious locked this topic

Archived