IGNORED

Bates Family Part 6

Coconut Flan

One of the twitter questions was 'Are you single' and Lawson answered that he's single, so I guess that's pretty definitive.  Nathan is definitely in a courtship so they may as well just announce it already.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I didn't notice John and Alyssa at all.  This strikes me as a bit odd, considering it's the season premiere.

They were at aunt Beth's wedding in the rain scene.

15 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

One of the twitter questions was 'Are you single' and Lawson answered that he's single, so I guess that's pretty definitive.  Nathan is definitely in a courtship so they may as well just announce it already.

I have a friend who has been with her boyfriend for years but still says she's single because they aren't living together.  So you don't know what definition he's going by.

19 minutes ago, Alye said:

I have a friend who has been with her boyfriend for years but still says she's single because they aren't living together.  So you don't know what definition he's going by.

We know that the Duggars have lied before to keep storylines secret. It's entirely possible they are, too. Although probably less likely with a direct question and answer.

Lawson's Best Tweets of the Night

Lawson Bates ‏@lawbates
"Mama Jane" who broke the hammock?! "Judson" what hammock?! #BringingUpBates

Lawson Bates ‏@lawbates
Papa Bill & Mama Jane are the BEST!!! #BringingUpBates

Q&A not mentioned

Q) • Taylor Lilly • @taylorelaine14- Why is your family so awesome?!@lawbates @BringingUpBates #BringingUpBates (Note she has been trying to win the contest to meet the bates)

A) Lawson Bates –  ‏@lawbates - We are just every people, definitely nothing special...But our God is AWESOME:)

Surprised by that answer. I don't think the Duggars would say they are nothing special.

Q) Brittany @brittanyfleck - @lawbates Who's your favorite singer?? #BringingUpBates

A) Lawson Bates ‏@lawbates - Hard to pick one...#royrogers #deanmartin #FrankSinatra it's ever changing!

Surprised about Dean and Frank. 

- Interesting to hear Gil say that Janie would hit the kids with a shoe. 

- Beth has been with her (now) husband since high school, and they have a son together. Would love to hear what the Bates reaction to an out of wedlock baby in the family was.

- When going around talking about how great Papa Bill is, his sister started to say, "he's not the Saint you are making him out to be" and Gil cut her off.

- I wonder if Lawson and Nathan had other reasons to be in Nashville. They were completely bored and complaining at the wedding dress fitting. 

Just some observations. 

I had a feeling it was whitney pregnant. She gave birth first out of the three girls that were pregnant prior so it makes sense that she would gain her cycle back first. Plus she was holding her stomach in the promo picture... reminded me too much of Jessas pictures.

Michael could very well not be conceiving immediately after marriage. She's only been married since August it appears.. and she may wait until second trimester to announce considering fertility issues Erin had. I wouldn't want to announce a pregnancy to the world unless I was mostly sure I would carry the baby to term. 

Michael could be pregnant now

It appears that both the Duggar and Bates married offspring share the exact same extreme views on procreating.  Even though Erin is a relatively new mother, she had multiple pregnancies right off the bat that ended in miscarriage.  Whitney and Zach will have two under two.  It appears that in both of these families, not only not using birth control but consciously trying to conceive as many as possible is the goal.  Anna Duggar has four children and has been married seven years.  She also had a miscarriage.  

12 minutes ago, iknowright said:

It appears that both the Duggar and Bates married offspring share the exact same extreme views on procreating.  Even though Erin is a relatively new mother, she had multiple pregnancies right off the bat that ended in miscarriage.  Whitney and Zach will have two under two.  It appears that in both of these families, not only not using birth control but consciously trying to conceive as many as possible is the goal.  Anna Duggar has four children and has been married seven years.  She also had a miscarriage.  

Makes me wonder if they are doing the "wean before 6 months" business that Michelle does. 

Perhaps the only thing I like about Zsu Anderson is she is very for using nursing as a form of "natural family planning"

It's not unheard of to have two kids so close together. My family is not religious at all yet all my siblings had 2 under 2 at some point because they wanted them close in age so they'd have a close relationship. I'll reserve my judgement until they have 4 in 4. I don't think that we can say that Erin's miscarriages says anything about her family planning beliefs without knowing her full medical history and her doctor's advice.

Many people who are not religious have children early in their marriage or close in age. It's pretty normal. There isn't anything wrong with it. When they have 6 kids in 7 years then maybe it's because of their belief system but a young couple with multiple kids is common in our society. Why should it be any different for a Bates or Duggar? As much as I believe in birth control, I also believe in a person's right not to use it. 

My cousin got married, had her first child after barely a year of marriage and ended up with 5 kids in 8 years, granted a set of twins in there. Both she and her husband are well-educated with masters degrees. She is run of the mill Christian, has no extreme views and isn't adverse to birth control. Having a lot of kids happens and doesn't always mean it's a bad thing or the result of some ulterior motive. No one gets to decide when someone else should start a family in a marriage that they are not a part of. If people want kids right off the bat, or having them close together, who cares? It's not a point of shame. 

Exactly. My aunt was born May 1966 and my mum March 1968 so technically that's two under two, even if for a brief period (seeing as my aunt was right at the end of May whereas Mum was more the middle of March). In fact, two years (give or take) seems to be about average for sibling gaps. 

I am just 15 months younger than my brother. However, my parents never intended to have two babies (boy and then a girl) so close together. It's always been a running joke that I was an "accident," my dad even mentioned it in his toast during my wedding in September. Anyways, when my dad found out my mom was pregnant with me he gasped, "How did this HAPPEN?!" And once he realized he knew exactly how it happened, he thought of "Oh no, two in diapers," which immediately turned into "Oh no, two in COLLEGE!" But, I will say this, being so close in age has allowed my brother and I to be the best of friends. He sobbed like a baby at my wedding.

Yeah, my former co-worker's sons are 13 months apart. She actually was using breastfeeding as birth control (or trying to, anyway). Now she tells everyone how that doesn't work. :my_biggrin:

Anyway, I am glad that it's Whitney and not Erin or Alyssa (though unfortunately I do suspect Alyssa is pregnant as well), though I would have prefered if it had been Michael. Whitney is still super-young (22?), so while she and Zach probably won't end up with a super-sized family like Gil and Kelly, they could still have 10+ kids. But I'm holding out hope that they'll just have a few kids rather close together and then stop. (Hey, a girl can dream!) Anyway, I do hope the next kid is as freaking adorable as Baby Bradley.

28 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I am just 15 months younger than my brother. However, my parents never intended to have two babies (boy and then a girl) so close together. It's always been a running joke that I was an "accident," my dad even mentioned it in his toast during my wedding in September. Anyways, when my dad found out my mom was pregnant with me he gasped, "How did this HAPPEN?!" And once he realized he knew exactly how it happened, he thought of "Oh no, two in diapers," which immediately turned into "Oh no, two in COLLEGE!" But, I will say this, being so close in age has allowed my brother and I to be the best of friends. He sobbed like a baby at my wedding.

I was an accident as well. I have twin sisters and a brother who are 2 years apart and they are incredibly close. There is 7 and 5 years between me and them and I've never been close to them and at times felt left out. 

So tonight it's revealed who is pregnant? I still think it'll be Whitney and Alyssa.

So tonight it's revealed who is pregnant? I still think it'll be Whitney and Alyssa.

The announcement for the premiere was Whitney, but I know there'll be one somewhere in the coming weeks from Alyssa.

On January 6, 2016 at 6:11 PM, singsingsing said:

You're telling me it's not our responsibility to diagnose other people's kids with vision problems, hearing problems, autism, down syndrome, ADHD, dyslexia, developmental delays, marfan syndrome, and/or ebola??? But what if we're concerned?

If you are concerned send a variety pack of essential oils or become a prayer partner.

I think Whitney and Zach will probably end up with the largest brood. I think Whitney really missed out on a stable family life when she was younger and this will be her way of making up for that. 

Alyssa doesn't seem to want to handle that many kids, Cherin have her health issues to worry about and Michael & Brandon are a bit long in the tooth to pump out eleventy kids.

I wouldn't judge their views on family planning until they have at least 4 kids and are pregnant with their 5th. Some people do want a big family with children close in age without having a mega family and then you may very well end up with 2-3 children in diapers if you are lucky/unlucky. My parents had children 64, 66, 69, 72 and 82. My father was an atheist and my mom a very liberal Christian who didn't really go to church more than for weddings and baptisms. My sister had children 87, 88, 91 and 02, also not religious. I expect both the Bates and Duggar children to start off having children closely spaced but after 4-7 not follow in their parents footsteps. I expect most of them to have big family by normal standards but small compared to their parents. I think even Erin will have 4-5 but perhaps a bit more spaced than the rest.

9 hours ago, accountingstar said:

Nice recall. I went back and pulled both photo sessions up.

Here are the photo's from Bradley's first birthday photo session:

New baby announcement session:

Brad's birthday was October 29. Whitney posted this on October 24 and said the pics had been taken a couple days prior to that. So she was pregnant on October 22. The latest she could be due is around July 4.

I don't think we can come to that conclusion yet. My dad's family is fundie so when my mom had me in 76 followed by my brothers in 78 & 79 they thought that she was welcoming all blessings but my atheist mama just wanted to get her child bearing over quick. Her tubes were tied while she was in the OR delivering the baby.

I'll withhold judging any of the kids until they have 4 under 4 but I don't expect to see it from any of the currently married kids.

I'm honestly shocked Michael isn't pregnant yet. It's a bit sad that a) she has nothing to do all day and b )the only way she will is by having a baby

Hobbies people, hobbies!!!

Edited because CorruptionInc. is tired!

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived