IGNORED

Bates Family Part 6

Coconut Flan

9 hours ago, Thorns said:

In the thread were it belongs (and not in the upcoming babies - thread were I misplaced it); my concern for Allie's slight squint. Hopefully they have had it checked out.

Maybe this is why fundie women are always doing bug eyes in pictures... So they won't get accused of having some mysterious medical condition that causes a "slight squint".

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erin cooked banana bread and it looks good.

Baby Bradley. Too cute for words.

I know we shouldn't be playing doctor, but a fan actually saved the life of an HGTV star. She was a nurse.

An HGTV star owes his life to a viewer who noticed an unusual lump on his neck while watching him on TV. 

"Flip or Flop" producers received a startling email from a fan about two years ago, according to The Independent.    

“This is not a joke," the email read. "I'm a registered nurse. I've been watching 'Flip or Flop.' I noticed that the host Tarek has a large nodule on his thyroid, and he needs to have it checked out."

The email was in fact from a trained nurse named Ryan Read. Read searched online for the contact info for the producers of "Flip or Flop" and reached out to them with her concerns.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hgtv-star-saved-by-viewer-cancer_565339ade4b0879a5b0ba10d

New video posted on YouTube. Baby Carson is not an easy baby. I love the family talking about his crying.

5 hours ago, Babycakes said:

Here we go again. One squinty-eyed photo (which I don't even see) does not a medical condition make. 

Squinting is actually fairly common, but it can lead to a lot of problems later on if not treated. The treatment is often also quite simple, if started young. So, just a concern, which I hope a qualified medical practicioner have seen. And it really is slight, it is just a tiny asymmetry in the distance between the iris and the inner eye fold, and maybe an uneven light reflex.

There are also cases of eye cancer being discovered by others reacting to lack of "red eye" in pictures ;)

2 hours ago, Thorns said:

Squinting is actually fairly common, but it can lead to a lot of problems later on if not treated. The treatment is often also quite simple, if started young. So, just a concern, which I hope a qualified medical practicioner have seen. And it really is slight, it is just a tiny asymmetry in the distance between the iris and the inner eye fold, and maybe an uneven light reflex.

There are also cases of eye cancer being discovered by others reacting to lack of "red eye" in pictures ;)

Cool. So if you are genuinely worried, why not contact the Bateses (or the producers of BuB) directly like that nurse @accountingstar was talking about, instead of posting it on FreeJinger, where there is about a .000001 % chance her parents will read it?

No, you're just having fun diagnosing little kids with random crap on the internets. At least own up to it and don't pretend it's out of genuine concern.

On 1/5/2016 at 3:11 AM, donnal said:

That's freaky. And now she knows where they live. I'd be scared...:my_confused:

Lol, know where they live. All you need is access to google maps, name of the village they live in and to have seen their house. It's not like these people are exactly discrete about their lives :-)  

3 hours ago, hollywood said:

Chad and Erin do seem like good parents. I also love how into fathering Chad is. Oh my heart...

#fundiehusbandgoals

Ugh, I know that they're patriarchal and Gil is a creepy dick who's probably complicit in some really awful things and Alyssa and Lawson have been vocally bigoted towards gay people on more than one occasion but why are the Bates kids and couples so goddamn likable? Like, Chad and Erin look like a goddamn magazine with their adorable baby and happy, loving relationship, Alyssa and John are really cute together and Allie is an absolute doll, Zach seems like a super-great dad to Bradley who is seriously the cutest baby ever, Whitney is totally in love with both her boys (rightly so), Michaella and Brandon look so cute and happy together...

I guess I could say that this goes to show that people can still be good or have good traits even if they believe fucked up things, but I always feel a little self-cringe when I think "aw, I totally want that" when I look at pictures of Cherin being super cute and Chad being a good dad and husband, since I know what IBLP/ATI is really like.

10 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

#fundiehusbandgoals

Ugh, I know that they're patriarchal and Gil is a creepy dick who's probably complicit in some really awful things and Alyssa and Lawson have been vocally bigoted towards gay people on more than one occasion but why are the Bates kids and couples so goddamn likable? Like, Chad and Erin look like a goddamn magazine with their adorable baby and happy, loving relationship, Alyssa and John are really cute together and Allie is an absolute doll, Zach seems like a super-great dad to Bradley who is seriously the cutest baby ever, Whitney is totally in love with both her boys (rightly so), Michaella and Brandon look so cute and happy together...

I guess I could say that this goes to show that people can still be good or have good traits even if they believe fucked up things, but I always feel a little self-cringe when I think "aw, I totally want that" when I look at pictures of Cherin being super cute and Chad being a good dad and husband, since I know what IBLP/ATI is really like.

Exactly! It's hard to admit to this on here because people are quick to jump down your throats. 

Personally, I wonder how much of Gil and Kelly's beliefs the adult offspring share. Do they agree with everything? Are they just keeping sweet? Towing the family line for the sake of their brand? Also how much has being married to Whitney influenced Zach? Did the failed courtship change or make him question his beliefs at all?

Without them coming out and specifically saying what they agree and disagree with we'll never know.

I find it interesting that the married couples seem to have all found a different church to attend. 

Chad and Carson

It appears that the Bates are finally back at home.

New episode tomorrow Night on Up

The past year has been one of enormous change and growth for the Bates. In the Season 3 premiere, the Bates clan rallies together to help Michaella finally find the wedding dress of her dreams. Later the family braves a stormy outdoor wedding for Kelly Jo’s sister, and celebrates Gil’s dad, Papa Bill, with an awesome 4th of July birthday party!

21 hours ago, JillyO said:

Cool. So if you are genuinely worried, why not contact the Bateses (or the producers of BuB) directly like that nurse @accountingstar was talking about, instead of posting it on FreeJinger, where there is about a .000001 % chance her parents will read it?

No, you're just having fun diagnosing little kids with random crap on the internets. At least own up to it and don't pretend it's out of genuine concern.

Christ on a cracker, lady.  How can you possibly know that Thorns or any other poster, myself included, is "having fun diagnosing little kids" is doing it for fun?  How can you say that a poster doesn't have genuine concern, especially for a child whose parents might not notice something?   And do you actually think that a fundie family would pay attention to a random message from a viewer(unless said viewer was shilling essential oils or colloidal silver, maybe)

So, if the fundie parents would not pay attention to a direct message, what the is the point of posting the observations on a SNARK BOARD?  Yeah, that is the reason so many of us are calling bullshit on the concern.   By putting it on a snark board, you are gossiping.  Gossiping about children.  That is it.

you are gossiping.  Gossiping about children.

Don't pretend like that isn't a huge part of this board. Yeah, she's tiny; but we've gossiped about the Jslaves plenty before their majority, the rodriguii children's teeth and general emaciation is a constant concern and if and what level of issues Josie has I believe at one point had its own thread. So it's not like the op is breaking the mould.

That said, I don't see a squint.

All the lawsuit information coming out right as the new season starts can't be good for this show.  I hope that this can get the coverage that the Duggar scandal did because it is just as awful. Gil and Chad's dad have to be scared that this is all going to get a lot of a attention. 

1 hour ago, ladyaudley said:

Don't pretend like that isn't a huge part of this board. Yeah, she's tiny; but we've gossiped about the Jslaves plenty before their majority, the rodriguii children's teeth and general emaciation is a constant concern and if and what level of issues Josie has I believe at one point had its own thread. So it's not like the op is breaking the mould.

That said, I don't see a squint.

Then call it gossip.  I think people trying to diagnose Josie Duggar is pretty fucked up as well.  You don't speculate about a child's potential health problems for the same reason you don't speculate about their sexuality-it's none of your business and you are spreading rumors that could negatively impact them

Looks like Tori is wearing yoga pants in that photo with Gil. (I suppose it could be leggings under a skirt, but I don't see the skirt)

We are not the only ones that speculate who is expecting. I found this on Tumblr this morning:

fundiethyme:

19kidsandloving:

Man everyone is so good at this, thinking of things I wouldn’t even think of, looking at her Pinterest!! But I guess we’ve narrowed it down to Alyssa and Whitney….maybe it’s both!! I can’t wait until Thursday!

The only new pregnancy related thing on Whitney’s Pinterest is her liking a list of baby names. Everything else is old, but the list is new (she liked it after she liked and pinned some first birthday things for Bradley).

Alyssa not posting her usual Sunday church photo (yet?) is highly suspicious though, but it’s only Whitney that hasn’t shown her stomach in almost two months. I guess we’ll find out soon regardless!

It could be Whitney, she definitely spilled the beans with Bradley because all her pins on Pinterest were for babies. Moreover I don’t want to guess because it could literally be any Bates girl.

http://fortheloveoftheduggars.tumblr.com/post/136621065562/everyone-seems-to-be-be-guessing-its-whitney

It's everything that we have already talked about. The answer fails to mention that Alyssa has been using Allie Jane as a prop in front of her stomach recently. 

What are the hardbacked volumes in the greenish bookcase behind Gil? Are they Reader's Digest Condensed?

3 hours ago, AreteJo said:

So, if the fundie parents would not pay attention to a direct message, what the is the point of posting the observations on a SNARK BOARD?  Yeah, that is the reason so many of us are calling bullshit on the concern.   By putting it on a snark board, you are gossiping.  Gossiping about children.  That is it.

You can call it gossiping or whatever you like.  I call it seeing what COULD be a problem that would benefit from further investigation.  Nobody knows just who reads here and it's possible that a Bates just might peruse their family's threads. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't FJ a "snark site?"  Do the admins feel the need to revise rules for posting anything about minor children (unless it's positive, of course!?)  Can you, Arete Jo, clarify the difference between expressing concern on a child's appearance such as body weight (or lack of,)  teeth needing orthodontia (or not,)  and "gossiping?"  Thanks.

Can we discussed the fact that Tori is wearing yoga pants on that picture with Gil?!? I don't se a skirt either.

3 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Can we discussed the fact that Tori is wearing yoga pants on that picture with Gil?!? I don't se a skirt either.

They are probably like the Duggars in that they let the girls where pants at home for certain reasons. 

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

They are probably like the Duggars in that they let the girls where pants at home for certain reasons. 

There could also be a short "running skirt" attached to the pants, also in black, that could be kinda hiked up

One thing about the Bates, I think they are smart enough not to go do a public interview about their sex abuse scandal like the Duggars did. No way they are going to address this because the accusations are too horrible to even try to defend. They are just going to keep posting baby pictures and pretend that none of this shit is happening. If they keep it off the front pages of the magazines they might be able to keep it hidden enough to not have their show canceled. 

Well, that escalated quickly. Pardon for saying, but being more of a lurker than a poster I had the impression that this is kinda an everything goes forum, and rather no holds barred on what is up for discussion. (FI weight, hairlines, pregnancies, mental health). It has also been mentioned several times that "it seems like someone reads FJ"!. 

So, I took a shot. And, yes, I've posted on their Insta :) I might just be paranoid about it, having witnessed the consequenses on close hand. So, hopefully, someone takes notice, and hopefully my concern is just paranoia :)

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived