IGNORED

Bates Family Part 6

Coconut Flan

8 minutes ago, VaSportsMom said:

Who is going to take one for the team and watch? I'm betting on Whitney being the pregnant one. I think that it is possible that Alyssa has been intentionally posting pics that don't show her stomach just to make people think she is in the running.

I'd volunteer to watch, but as I am on Pacific Time, you'll know the news before it airs for me!  I'll give you a Buzzard style synopsis though!

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have UP, but I don't think I could watch it after reading the lawsuit. Gil is one straight up evil person and I couldn't stand seeing his face on my TV without throwing something at it. My family would appreciate if I don't throw things at the television, so I best avoid the show. :my_smile:

1 hour ago, doubleT said:

Is Trace really that tall?  He sure shot up over the summer.  He's as tall as the Webster guy.  He towers over all his siblings and his parents.  Wow.  I thought he was right in height with Law and Nate. 

Lawson has conveniently posted a little video with Trace. They are indeed similar in height.

I have UP, but I don't think I could watch it after reading the lawsuit. Gil is one straight up evil person and I couldn't stand seeing his face on my TV without throwing something at it. My family would appreciate if I don't throw things at the television, so I best avoid the show. :my_smile:

8 minutes ago, VaSportsMom said: Who is going to take one for the team and watch? I'm betting on Whitney being the pregnant one. I think that it is possible that Alyssa has been intentionally posting pics that don't show her stomach just to make people think she is in the running.

I'd volunteer to watch, but as I am on Pacific Time, you'll know the news before it airs for me!  I'll give you a Buzzard style synopsis though!

I'll try to watch but my vertigo is giving me hell tonight. Hope this message makes a lil sense.

If people tweeted links to the lawsuit could Up and the Bates delete them? Flooding Twitter with information about what the Bates believe during this "twitter party" would be the best way to let fans know the truth about the family. Some still wouldn't believe, but it would give some of them a pause about adoring this family. It would also send the message to UP that people are very aware that their star family has some dirty little secrets. 

14 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

If people tweeted links to the lawsuit could Up and the Bates delete them? Flooding Twitter with information about what the Bates believe during this "twitter party" would be the best way to let fans know the truth about the family. Some still wouldn't believe, but it would give some of them a pause about adoring this family. It would also send the message to UP that people are very aware that their star family has some dirty little secrets. 

Yes! I don't have a twitter, but I think this is a great plan! I am sure that Up and the Bates would delete them (if that's how twitter works, can you delete other people's tweets?) but it would have the benefits that you listed. 

I'm following things on Twitter and so far one has brought it up.  (I haven't sent a tweet in ages and the last thing I want to do is let my political contacts know I even know who this family is).

Twitter is pretty much a huge mystery to me. I don't really understand how it all works. But I saw that someone asked about his thoughts on the Duggar scandal. 

What Lawson has answered so far on Twitter.  Most of the quesitons seem to be from teenybopper leghumpers.  Yes I'm taking one for the team.  I'll keep Twitter open in another tab a bit longer to see if anything else comes out.

His height (5'9)
Favorite song to sing (Amazing Grace)
Favorite food (a bunch of food emojis and he said all of it)
Most competitive Bates kids (Lawson and Trace)
Favorite episode (when he sang at the game)
Where would he live not in TN (somewhere out west)
Favorite song he's sang  of his (The End Down There)
Favorite restaurant (Chick Fil A-- surprise surprise)
Next Bates to get married ("I don't think so...."--- hiding Nathan and Ashley's courtship?)
Is Kelly tired all the time? (("Mom is amazing and we do our best to work together)
Best part about living in TN (Nashville)
Dream venue to perform in (Madison Square Garden)

Other highlights

Look like Lawson's got a new album coming out. Sure to be featured this season.  ETA he dodged a question about courting Jinger.

This tweet from "Kristin" 

@lawbates #BringingUpBates any response to the Duggar molestation/the fact that ATI/IBLP is notorious for sexual harassment of women?

For our non-American readers, when Lawson Bates says that the part of Tennessee he would  NOT want to live in is the western part-- that means Memphis.

Chock full of the Blues, Elvis Presley's Graceland, and (eeek!) African-Americans.  : )

29 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Twitter is pretty much a huge mystery to me. I don't really understand how it all works. But I saw that someone asked about his thoughts on the Duggar scandal. 

I don't think that they can delete or edit any Tweets as they are not "theirs". That's why Twitter interviews are so risky.

If you want a laugh and a good example of one that went poorly, I present exhibit A (there were worse tweets that couldn't be printed): http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25389717/nfln-creates-ask-jerry-jones-hashtag-things-go-horribly-wrong

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

For our non-American readers, when Lawson Bates says that the part of Tennessee he would  NOT want to live in is the western part-- that means Memphis.

Chock full of the Blues, Elvis Presley's Graceland, and (eeek!) African-Americans.  : )

I saw the original question and it was 'Where would you live that is not TN?" and he said 'Out west somewhere.'   I don't think he threw shade at the western part of his state.  

1 minute ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I saw the original question and it was 'Where would you live that is not TN?" and he said 'Out west somewhere.'   I don't think he threw shade at the western part of his state.  

Oh, I stand corrected then.

Yeah, he's all about posing as a cowboy, so I can see him wanting to live out west.  It is interested that he says Nashville is the best part of TN. Of course if he REALLY wanted  to be a country singer (and not just play one on social media), he'd get off his ass and MOVE to Nashville.

I'm just waiting on the news of pregnancy and courtship... the live tweet is boooooring.

BUB Part I: Gee is an idiot

So, turns out that the BuB premier is on now instead of being delayed for timezones like I thought.

We get a look at Kelly's adopted sister Beth's wedding. Lovely wedding.  Interesting that Kelly appeared to be in the back instead of up front with family.  Wonder why?  It rained.  Evidently, it always rains when Lawson attends events.  The Bates kids are seen evacuating their seats to go stand under a tree.  None of the other guests do because they are 1. not rude and 2. Most forgot umbrellas.  

CONFIRMED THAT NATHAN HAS A "GIRLFRIEND" by both the littles and the older boys in Talking Heads.  

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

Oh, I stand corrected then.

Yeah, he's all about posing as a cowboy, so I can see him wanting to live out west.  It is interested that he says Nashville is the best part of TN. Of course if he REALLY wanted  to be a country singer (and not just play one on social media), he'd get off his ass and MOVE to Nashville.

Should have gone for Amy Duggar while she was still available....

Just now, purple_summer said:

One of the littles just said Nathan has a girlfriend...

One of the older boys (Trace?) also referenced her and said "Unless Nathan and his girlfriend break up or something"

2 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

One of the older boys (Trace?) also referenced her and said "Unless Nathan and his girlfriend break up or something"

These kids can't hold water. Lol, they definitely blew the lid off him and Ashley speculations. I wonder why they are waiting to confirm. 

4 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

They tried to throw Lawson under the bus too. "It comes for the one not expecting it". 

Part II: Papa Bill and America have a birthday; No Bates have any manners

Everyone goes to SC except Michaella and Callie.  NO idea why JUST Callie stayed, but Michael had wedding stuff to do.

Erin and Chad are already there.  It turns out Zach is in Police Academy, so he can't come either.  Everyone is super cute to Whit.  Papa Bill talks about his special connection to Zach.  

Mama Jane likes to have parties outside.  Only workers get to go inside.  Tori and Carlin are a little dismissive of this.  Yeah, why EVER would anyone NOT want eleventy kids running around their home?!?  Jeb is quite mischievous!  Papa Bill mentions that Jane doesn't particularly enjoy having everyone come and visit because of all the work.  Kelly is very blase about the amount of work her family dumps on that poor women.  WERE YOU RAISED BY WOLVES, KELLY JO?!?  

Shots of the Bates kids doing nothing but creating work and not caring.

In further raised by wolves news, the kids break the hammock by putting too many people on it.  And then wonder why Mama Jane is "freaking out".  Lord.

5 minutes ago, Exjw2015deed said:

These kids can't hold water. Lol, they definitely blew the lid off him and Ashley speculations. I wonder why they are waiting to confirm. 

Maybe they are just at the Bates-approved "special friends" stage, but UP wanted to keep it quiet so they could film/broadcast their future overblown fundy "will you court" me ceremony? Of course, why didn't UP just edit out the kids saying that?

3 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Maybe they are just at the Bates-approved "special friends" stage, but UP wanted to keep it quiet so they could film/broadcast their future overblown fundy "will you court" me ceremony? Of course, why didn't UP just edit out the kids saying that?

Their way of dropping hints/spoilers to keep people watching so they can get all the details on the courtship.

Part 3: 19 Kids and Destroying Other People's Things

More about the broken hammock.  Janey mends it every year, and they just break it again.  GEEZ, I WONDER WHY  YOU AREN'T ALLOWED IN THE HOUSE?!?  No one seems to care that they continually break the hammock by putting too many people on it.  Even Jane has given up, or as Gil says, "has mellowed in her old age".

Oh, lets break the hammock even more.  AND THEN WALK AWAY AND JUST HOPE NO ONE NOTICES THAT THE HAMMOCK IS IN SHREDS.  Isn't accountability a big deal?  Did the Bates cheap out and refuse to buy that wisdom booklet.  By the way, I INHERITED a very similar if not that exact same hammock from my grandparents.  It's 3 generations old and still rock solid.  They are really working to break this thing.

Everyone says nice things about Papa Bill.  This is touching to me as it reminds me of my own Grandfather's 80th.  Whit gives a very heartfelt speech about the impact Papa Bill has had on Zach and her.  There aren't many "genuine" moments on this show, but this was one.

Thanks for the recap Georgiana! So basically the Bates are rude and have no manners just like the Duggars? 

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived