IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 6: Asinine Alliterations About African Adventures Aplenty!

happy atheist

28 minutes ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

If any of his donors are uneducated about Kafue, they would be led to think John and family live in huts in a safari-like atmosphere with elephants roaming too close to the children's play area, where Esther comes out of the hut to prepare supper over hot rocks on a fire, only if John was able to bring home game that he was able to shoot before the lionesses attacked.

I'm 100% sure that is exactly what John wants people to think. He has a safari outfit! He needs people to think he is out being the next David Livingstone. Very few people are going to want to give money to John if they realized he was living with nicer, newer kitchen appliances than many of his supporters. 

Didn't he go through a clearinghouse in the beginning? I wonder what happened. Does John have to pay taxes or anything on any money he gets? I don't see him being a good record keeper. 

Love that he is still trying to use Team Zambia even though he got kicked off the team. 

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I just fell down this particular insufferable rabbit hole. And wow, John and Arcade have quite the bromance going, don't they? They're like a horrible JD and Turk.

20 minutes ago, Coy Koi said:

Okay, I just fell down this particular insufferable rabbit hole. And wow, John and Arcade have quite the bromance going, don't they? They're like a horrible JD and Turk.

I can't tell whose using who more?

Arcade is definitely after something and John thinks he's a real African convert to brag home about. 

Arcade is essentially a refugee. His home is being torn apart by civil war and many of his family members have been killed. I don't blame him for latching on to the first person he found who could help him, even if it's Shrader. He has nowhere else to go :pb_sad:

But yeah, John pretty much draws all his converts from young men in crisis, because who the hell else is going to listen? It's really predatory on his part.

Oh I wasn't saying Arcade was doing anything wrong! 

i just think John thinks he is the hero out of all this but really I think Arcade is getting something out of it. And hopefully more than John. Who I hate. 

Welp, John just compared himself to Nicholas Winton, who saved 669 children from Nazi extermination camps in WWII.  Being somewhat familiar with the man and the story, it should be noted that Winton was an incredibly humble man who lived quietly with his family after the war and worked in finance.

John writes, referencing a video of Winton surrounded by some of the people he saved:

Love this

As amazing and touching as this is...can you imagine what it will be like in heaven when you meet those who were saved from the Eternal Lake of Fire because of your witness and sowing of the Seed of the Word of God?

Double wow...

js

Not a hint of awareness at how distasteful and disgusting it is to use a video of people who were almost killed because they were Jewish and not Christians.  Not the slightest tint of self-awareness that he is imposing his cultural and religious values on another people.

You, John Shrader, are no Nicholas Winton.

I'm sure John imagines that when he gets to heaven there are going to be hoards of people waiting to praise him. Hopefully he will instead be greeted by some folks who ask "Where is the damn plane John?!" and "You spent all that money on yourself, here are the people who could have been helped by it."

3 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Welp, John just compared himself to Nicholas Winton, who saved 669 children from Nazi extermination camps in WWII.  Being somewhat familiar with the man and the story, it should be noted that Winton was an incredibly humble man who lived quietly with his family after the war and worked in finance.

John writes, referencing a video of Winton surrounded by some of the people he saved:

Not a hint of awareness at how distasteful and disgusting it is to use a video of people who were almost killed because they were Jewish and not Christians.  Not the slightest tint of self-awareness that he is imposing his cultural and religious values on another people.

You, John Shrader, are no Nicholas Winton.

Ugghhhhh. As far as John is concerned, every single one of those people have been or will be tossed into the "Eternal Lake of FIre" because they weren't Biblical Baptist Believers™ So distasteful for him to latch on to something like that.

What about "entitled narcissist"?  Was that on your crossword puzzle, @Gobsmacked?

You know, John's "ministry" reeks of entitlement, colonialism, perceived grandeur, etc.  He selected a country where he felt his family wouldn't be in imminent danger, where there were other American missionaries, where he would be seen as superior (perceived grandeur) in intelligence, faith, and appearance.  He's teaching "those poor ignorant heathen Zambians" about Jesus.  If John were truly up for a challenging ministry, he should have stayed put in the States, serving in an actual job where missionaries fear to tread.  Why did he have to take his over-populated family elsewhere when the "fields are ripe for harvest" right here in his own country?

Yeah...I think we all know the answer to my rhetorical question.

Using the Winton video is one of the more tone deaf things John has done in a while. The contrast between a truly selfless man, whose heroic deeds were unknown until a couple of years ago, and fundy fame whore Shrader could not be wider.

Also, Winton saved children regardless of faith or creed. He was only concerned with protecting the innocent. Our Johnny boy thinks you have to believe exactly the right way to have even the hope of salvation.

According to the picture John posted on FB if a good, Bible believing, Bible preaching pastor gets caught up in such stuff as, immorality, being lazy, misusing money or the ever popular "false accusations",  it is because he has a bulls eye on him and Satan is trying to bring him down. Great loophole there if a pastor gets caught doing something bad, it was all Satan and it happened because he was such a GODLY pastor. So not only is it Satan's arrows, it is just a sign of how wonderful a preacher he is. 

Misusing money?  Huh.  So what if John no longer has a plane because he either sold it on the sly and pocketed the funds or never bought a real plane to begin with?  It is very strange that a plane costing tens of thousands never got used because the key disappeared.  I still cannot believe that the donors were OK with that answer.  If he did appropriate the money for his own private use, what on earth did he use it for?  Hookers and blow?

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

According to the picture John posted on FB if a good, Bible believing, Bible preaching pastor gets caught up in such stuff as, immorality, being lazy, misusing money or the ever popular "false accusations",  it is because he has a bulls eye on him and Satan is trying to bring him down.

Maybe this explains his posting of a while back alluding to his own misbehavior or lust or something.

Oh, John, John...  You don't need a tract ministry.  You can just sit in front of your computer all day and preach, grift, quote, make memes, post pictures of you, and agrandize yourself on Facebook.  Think of the printing expenses you'll save.

The printing ministry has seemed to go the way of the plane. He never mentions it anymore. 

1 hour ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

Oh, John, John...  You don't need a tract ministry.  You can just sit in front of your computer all day and preach, grift, quote, make memes, post pictures of you, and agrandize yourself on Facebook.  Think of the printing expenses you'll save.

Not to mention obsess over the US presidential elections...and it's not even the primaries yet. I can only imagine what's yet to come.

The Electrifying Account of Continued and Tremendous Provision for the "Timothy House"!

John seems to have given up on alliteration. 

God "supernaturally" provided $500 from John's father to put power at the church(where John is living) and the Timothy house. 

John makes a big deal about the fact that he never asks for money and people just send it. He uses this as proof that he is doing everything right. Now, it sounds like perhaps his father is fundraising for him, but I rather doubt John would admit this and maybe John's father doesn't tell him so John can live in the missionary fantasy that he has created. 

He has a lot of blah, blah, blah about there not being Biblical Baptist Churches around(Burundi has none) and so Zambia needs John. In reality, John needs Zambia so he has an excuse to not really work. 

It has always ticked me off when people say things like "the Lord supernaturally supplied the $500". Even if you believe God laid it on a person's heart to donate the money, an actual person still supplied it. It seems ungrateful, not to mention shortsighted if you are hoping to continue to raise funds, to leave your donors out of the picture when you are giving thanks.

If I was the donor behind the "supernatural $500", John wouldn't be seeing another cent from me, that's for sure.  :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

2 hours ago, SledCat said:

It has always ticked me off when people say things like "the Lord supernaturally supplied the $500". Even if you believe God laid it on a person's heart to donate the money, an actual person still supplied it. It seems ungrateful, not to mention shortsighted if you are hoping to continue to raise funds, to leave your donors out of the picture when you are giving thanks.

If I was the donor behind the "supernatural $500", John wouldn't be seeing another cent from me, that's for sure.  :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

The thing is, the type of people who would donate money to Shrader probably love it that way. Then they're not just a normal Sinner Bound For Eternal Hellfire, they're an INSTRUMENT OF GOD.

I wonder how well John would be doing with these "supernatural gifts of money" if he didn't have a daddy who was not only a pastor,but also his sending church pastor. Daddy Shrader is dropping hints when John needs money. 

That meme he posted about "real men don't like women dressed as if they're for sale..." and one of his follows replied:

As a man, I say," Women showing their figure or a lot of skin turn me off!"

First off, Glenn Dulaney, no one cares about your stupid boner.  I don't get up in the morning and think "hmmm, what would turn Glenn Dulaney on this beautiful day?  I better wear that...!"  If it's hot outside, I may be showing what you consider a lot of skin--because it's hot outside.  

Second, it's my figure.  I don't give a crap what men like or don't like when it comes to MY figure.  And just because I dress a certain way, it is certainly not indicating that I am for sale--what a disgusting, misogynist statement to imply that any woman is up for anything because of the way she's dressed.  That's a slippery slope down "she was asking for it" hill.

Hmpph.

*snarl* Excuse me, but I had some college training (in the US) under IHM sisters who wore (scandalously shocking!) knee-length dresses and a simple headdress.  NOT exactly what's likely to trigger Wholesale Male Lust. 

Do we need to explain (yet again, and the repetition is getting VERY tiresome) that sexual assault is a power issue, and NOT because DaMenz got all aroused because of a piece of uncovered female ankle, or wrist, or even the hint of BOOBIES underneath a whole lot of black or blue broadcloth?

Have some experience with MaleCritters for 35+ years----and if they are gonna be SOOOOOOOO helplessly aroused by FemaleCharms 'cause just FEMALE, and out in public----sheesh, if they are that uncontrollable, neutering is a good option. *hunkers down and hisses a whole lot, because some complete fools think FEMALE = instantly sexually accessible, 'cause males can't restrain themselves*  Every honorable male I know would be insulted by the concept that f-types in public are open targets, and/or that males should not be respectful and responsible, 'cause male.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived