IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 6: Asinine Alliterations About African Adventures Aplenty!

happy atheist

On 2/13/2016 at 10:16 AM, formergothardite said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he did. ShraderFriend gave me the impression that John was reading here. I don't think he would be bothered too much by us because he would view it as persecution(it isn't John), but it seems to really, really bother him when other Christians(what he views as Christian, none of the posters here count) disagree with him. And since he lost so much support so fast, I'm guessing he has a lot of Christians disagreeing with him. 

But I have never seen a missionary on the field spend this much time online. They are usually working pretty hard. Rea hasn't even been able to update since October. But John seems to do nothing but spend his life on FB. This does not reflect well on his "ministry". 

Ok, if listening to music with a beat is the equivalent of dancing with the devil, what on earth is reading here?

LOL!

:pb_eek:

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This reminds me of a time, years ago, I was working retail on a Sunday afternoon.  (I'm ashamed to say that church-goers have the worst reputations as customers in the retail world.)

Two old self-righteous ladies were walking past my counter where I happened to be playing some contemporary gospel music that was very upbeat.  (We could play our own music at cosmetic counters.)

The ladies stopped to scowl about the music.  I told them it was Christian music.  One of the old biddies said, "It sounds like bar music to me!"

I replied, "I don't know what bar music sounds like.  I've never been in bar."  

They shuffled off without a word.

I don't know how this happened, but up until just now there were no post count titles about the plane!

But fear not, gentle reader, I've got it under control. "Piloting the Elusive TeamZambia! Mystery Plane" is our newest post count title! 

:cool:

What I think happened to the plane is that it was not given to John, it was given to TeamZambia and as much as John likes to act like he is still in control of TZ, he was kicked out. Rea probably has control of the plane, but he never learned to fly, so it is no use to him. John probably thought he could manipulate Rea into giving him the plane, which is why he was waiting on another missionary to arrive with the keys, but I bet Rea either sold it, or would rather let it rust than let John have it. 

I would not be surprised if John is scrambling to find another plane that he can pass off as that plane. It would hurt his pride too much to admit he lost the plane. 

7 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

I absolutely agree!  In the inital videos, he was prompting his kids to call themselves missionaries.  He would interview them (and feed them the answers to his questions), and we saw Esther and heard about her fledgling ministry to the local women.  We see and hear nothing of that anymore.

Something's up.

The Shrader kids are an instant Sunday School class, or youth group/AWANA club all by themselves. It would show that John is trying to be active in the community. I recall our Pastor/missionary would constantly tell stories of holding classes, and clubs even when no-one other than their own family would attend. It was that nifty "don't get discouraged, and keep the faith", lesson. ;)

Forgive my ignorance, but how many siblings does John have. His actions in light of his sisters death, do not surprise me. I find them sadly in line with his character or lack therof.

I believe, IIRC, he has two brothers and the sister who passed away.

Since John purchased the plane (while he was still in the States, right?) sight unseen, I think he got duped.  I mean, what an for an opportunity for a scammer to post a picture of an airplane, post a price, and see what person would be gullible enough to send in the money before verifying that there actually IS a plane.  Even better if it is a gullible American, too far out of reach to come after the seller once the American dollars are in pocket.

Who of us on FJ, would purchase something that significant and expensive by simply sending in the money and and trusting the seller's word without some type of reliable verification that said object is actually real?  John is not as intelligent as he would want everyone to believe.  <--But that's a silly statement.  We've known that for quite a long time, now.

For some reason I had thought that a missionary in Zambia had sold it to them but looking back, they really did just buy it sight unseen. And yes, they probably got scammed. 

And from Rea's newsletter:

We are humbled to report that God gave us an airplane. It is a Zenair 801 STOL bush plane. It is located in Zambia, just 1 hour from the mission station. Valued at over $100,000 God gave it to us for only $15,000. And he provided the $15,000 as well. John Shrader is about ½ way through his pilots training, as God has provided for this need as well. We should be able to take o and land from the mission station in the bush.

So what happened to the "mission station" that Rea mentions several times in his newsletter? Apparently there were vehicles there because he got two people who volunteered to come work on them. Did it never exist? Was it run by other missionaries who decided to distance themselves from Team Zambia?

Two mechanics have offered to come and do much needed repairs on the vehicles at the mission station in Zambia. 

http://rea.teamzambia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Rea-Family-to-Zambia-jan-march-2013.pdf

From a 2013 Rea Newsletter:

http://rea.teamzambia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Rea-Family-to-Zambia-jan-march-2013.pdf

We are humbled to report that God gave us an airplane. It is a Zenair 801 STOL bush plane. It is located in Zambia, just 1 hour from the mission station. Valued at over $100,000 God gave it to us for only $15,000. And he provided the $15,000 as well. 

You might say they got it for a steal.

Speaking of John blocking folks who disagree with him, I found this in one of the old threads. Apparently people were asking why he wasn't doing anything to actually help the people of Zambia and he got all in a huff about those "liberal Christians" who are concerned with the physical needs of the people they are helping.He then says his FB page is for sharing "blessings" and prayers requests about the family and ministry, so he will block people who don't always agree with him because they don't care deeply about being a part of the Word of God. So he set it up so he can never be wrong. Much like Lori he is making himself into God. You disagree with him and you are disagreeing with God. 

A couple of posts later in the thread there is a screencap where he dismisses the idea of sending money to feed people because a couple thousand spent on food for the hungry is a waste in his mind. 

Well John, people have to be alive for you to witness to them effectively, you know?

And what about the pizza you feed those youth recently at the youth gathering where the two boys were laughing at you in the video where you were making a fool of yourself "conducting" the singing?

John is a hilarious study in contradictions.  That happens, you know, when you are dogmatic about teachings you came up with that you insist are Godly...but possibly aren't.  *cough* legalism *cough*

Looky what I found on Twitter:  (Bolded, mine)

John Shrader ‏@missionsmuse  1 Apr 2014

When you kill time, remember that it has no resurrection.” - AW Tozer Beloved, work for the night is coming! John 9:4

It has been interesting reading the old threads about him. I had forgotten so much like how he CONSTANTLY begged for money for his van. Or how his back messed up so bad he apparently couldn't walk, but he pulled a Jill Rod. and it was  healed the second someone gave them tickets to the Creation Museum. Then there was the time his violin broke and he was offered a new one for $60 and he turned it down because a $60 violin wasn't good enough for him. 

I wish I could find the picture of the fan mounted from the ceiling of his van. I thought someone saved it, but perhaps not. I did find a picture that he took while speeding down a busy highway in rain, in a van that has all sorts of problems, pulling a large trailer, and all while he is claiming to be in crippling pain. 

10 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

It has been interesting reading the old threads about him. I had forgotten so much like how he CONSTANTLY begged for money for his van. Or how his back messed up so bad he apparently couldn't walk, but he pulled a Jill Rod. and it was  healed the second someone gave them tickets to the Creation Museum. Then there was the time his violin broke and he was offered a new one for $60 and he turned it down because a $60 violin wasn't good enough for him. 

I wish I could find the picture of the fan mounted from the ceiling of his van. I thought someone saved it, but perhaps not. I did find a picture that he took while speeding down a busy highway in rain, in a van that has all sorts of problems, pulling a large trailer, and all while he is claiming to be in crippling pain. 

You just can't make this kind of stuff up, can you?  Not even if you write scripts for comedy shows.

When I have the spare time, I'm going to go through all his threads and list the crazy stuff that has happened. He is like Jill Rod. most people couldn't even imagine the things he says and does. We couldn't make any of this up because none of us think in such an insane way. 

26 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

When I have the spare time, I'm going to go through all his threads and list the crazy stuff that has happened. He is like Jill Rod. most people couldn't even imagine the things he says and does. We couldn't make any of this up because none of us think in such an insane way. 

Then, my challenge to you is to start a thread of incredible quotes from them (and anyone else), especially quotes where they contradict themselves.  I think that would be very entertaining and telling.

31 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I would love to see this happen.

I read through all of the old Shrader posts last summer, I think.  As I worked my way through, I shared the highlights with my husband and we agreed is was like a farcical novel.  I don't know why, but the 200lb paper cutter was one of the highlights for me.  It was so ludicrous that he bought this enormous chunk of metal and added it to all of the junk things he was shipping to Zambia. I have to wonder how often the paper cutter has gotten a workout since he arrived. He probably would have been fine with a good pair of scissors.

Living in a pop-up with 8 kids, grifting off of a family death, the Zambian government having fun giving John the runaround, losing a plane, getting an over-priced vehicle stuck in the mud, a demon-possessed landlord, chopping up snakes, busy making memes, influencing the American vote, self promoting, Rea-grudge toting, etc.

Makeup tutorial in an RV, makin' babies in an RV, caging babies in an RV, packing kids like sardines in an RV, defending the Duggars on video in an RV, grifting in an RV, glamour shots with fundie royalty and paralyzed sister, partying for SELF while paralyzed sister fights for her life, out-of-tune performing for God's glory, videos, videos, videos, pictures, pictures, pictures...and a free hospital birth, I'm sure.

@formergothardite, @happy atheist and the rest of us will be waiting with baited breath for your thread!  :dramallama-nanner:

I think JS and Jill Rod married the wrong people.... they should have married each other, and it would have been a match made in grift-heaven. Griftmas every day!

(I was going to say "and maybe Esther could have married a decent guy," but then I remembered the dudes her dad picked out for her sisters...)  

Edited because my initial post autocorrected "JS" to "JR (whom I did not shoot)."

2 hours ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

I read through all of the old Shrader posts last summer, I think.  As I worked my way through, I shared the highlights with my husband and we agreed is was like a farcical novel.  I don't know why, but the 200lb paper cutter was one of the highlights for me.  It was so ludicrous that he bought this enormous chunk of metal and added it to all of the junk things he was shipping to Zambia. I have to wonder how often the paper cutter has gotten a workout since he arrived. He probably would have been fine with a good pair of scissors.

Indeed, but the poor fellow would actually have to out forth the effort to operate the scissors.  Methinks he can really only operate his zipper, tool-wise.

The attention seeking in that pair would be absolutely horrifying. Would they have a joint account? Would that do anything to reduce the inevitable onslaught of messages that they would put out.

And more importantly, if JRod married JS instead of DR, would we ever learn the great phrase "I'd rather be brainwashed than brain - dirtied?"

"We are humbled to report that God gave us an airplane. It is a Zenair 801 STOL bush plane. It is located in Zambia, just 1 hour from the mission station. Valued at over $100,000 God gave it to us for only $15,000. And he provided the $15,000 as well. John Shrader is about ½ way through his pilots training, as God has provided for this need as well."

Omfg, we get it already. Every single thing that ever happens in the entire world is God's doing. Why keep repeating it over and over again when (according to their beliefs) it's just a given? Are their sponsors paying them by the word? Does God give gold stars to people who repeatedly state the obvious?

Or maybe God finds it annoying too, and he was like, "You know what? Forget this, I'm taking the plane back."

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived