IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 6: Asinine Alliterations About African Adventures Aplenty!

happy atheist

John keeps harping on this gross injustice done by a fellow missionary and yet, doesn't mention the gross injustice he's done with other people's money by wasting it on flying lessons for a plane he purchased that doesn't exist, purchasing a piano he doesn't need, building a church he said he wouldn't, buying an expensive vehicle that only wealthy Zambians could probably afford, (Way to assimilate into the culture,  John!) and failing to spend money on language lessons that he so desperately needs. 

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

John keeps harping on this gross injustice done by a fellow missionary and yet, doesn't mention the gross injustice he's done with other people's money by wasting it on flying lessons for a plane he purchased that doesn't exist, purchasing a piano he doesn't need, building a church he said he wouldn't, buying an expensive vehicle that only wealthy Zambians could probably afford, (Way to assimilate into the culture,  John!) and failing to spend money on language lessons that he so desperately needs. 

Maybe he's expecting the Holy Spirit to make another helpful appearance, even though Pentecost is months away?

DO Indy Baptists (or a lot of fundies, for that matter) believe in the modern gift of tongues? (Preferably useful, comprehensible speech in diverse HUMAN languages, and not the tongue of angels)?

1 hour ago, samira_catlover said:

DO Indy Baptists (or a lot of fundies, for that matter) believe in the modern gift of tongues? (Preferably useful, comprehensible speech in diverse HUMAN languages, and not the tongue of angels)?

No, IFB style Baptists very adamantly do not believe in the gift of tongues/speaking in tongues (for Christians today). I went to a private christian school growing up, and while parents of Pentecostal faiths were permitted to join the school, they were not permitted to sit on the board/vote. 

In a rare moment of clarity, Shrader shares his disdain for Trump. It's always so unusual when he displays logic.

trump.PNG

Although I have no idea what "establishment" he thinks is supporting Trump.

Wow, I didn't think I'd ever agree with John Shrader on anything. I'm surprised more conservative Christians haven't criticized Trump.

I don't get on Facebook much, so I'm wondering, is John doing ANY ministry? Or is he just posting random political thoughts and pics of his kids slaughtering snakes?

On 1/20/2016 at 5:21 AM, formergothardite said:

HERETIC! You are so going to hell. :naughty:

Seriously, though the whole debate makes no sense. And I still think there is more to this story that we aren't hearing that involves John messing up big time. 

"About that plane that you said you had, and conned us into flying lessons for.... where is it, and did you really take flying lessons?  What other lies and omissions have you told us?"

You mean something like that???

1 hour ago, Crocoduck said:

I don't get on Facebook much, so I'm wondering, is John doing ANY ministry? Or is he just posting random political thoughts and pics of his kids slaughtering snakes?

He doesn't really post much about any ministry. He has a church, and the vague "Timothy House" and he dug a well that he stopped mentioning the second it was dug. He is waiting for supplies to arrive so he can build a Bible display case. He gave out tracts once, but they mostly got tossed to the ground. He seems to spend the majority of his day on FB. 

From what I've seen, he doesn't post much about his wife or kids either, really. His Facebook is all about the most important person in his life: John.

Rest assured, all. Matt Walsh has also declared that Christians should not vote for Trump. When you're too much of an asshole  for John Shrader and Matt Walsh, that's pretty noteworthy. Anyway, I digress. I still maintain that John's falling out with his sending church had more to do with money than theology. Because it's almost always money and when it's not money, It's sex.

Yes it is amazing to me how such a egotistical, self-centered bungler like John would choose to be a Missionary-- I cannot imagine anyone less suited.  I think he only became a Missionary because he realized that working 9 to 5 was boring and hard work while being a Missionary held the possibility of setting his own hours while having adventures. Anyone supporting him must have cheese-whiz for brains.

Didn't John dabble in being a pastor at some point? And then went on to be the assistant pastor for his father? The thing about the mission field is that there is no real oversight while as a pastor John would have to put up with deacons who wouldn't be amused with him spending tons of money on himself. 

John would be supporting Trump if Trump was adamantly against abortion and laying out how he would make it illegal in every speech.  Evangelicals have themselves a problem this election cycle.  Trump has been married 3 times, has never concerned himself with prolife politics, and has never spoken of gay marriage.  While I suspect Trump is about to lay a claim of knowing Jesus, he is a public figure with at least a 3 decade history which has been about money, not religion.  Southern fundamentalists are out of their comfort zone with a Trump candidacy. 

10 minutes ago, salex said:

He sounded so sincere, and knowledgeable about the BIble :irony:.

You can fool some of the people......

Well there is a silver lining about Trump getting selection then. 

Maybe Trump isn't so bad if Shrader hates him so much?

24 minutes ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

Well there is a silver lining about Trump getting selection then. 

Maybe Trump isn't so bad if Shrader hates him so much?

NO!

Oh god, Shrader is sharing the latest Foster update from Jill-Rod's blog. Worlds are colliding. 

shraderod.PNG

Tonight, on Battle of the Fundieworld Grifters...

Also, damn, John, you're behind the times.  The accident happened months ago.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived