IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 6: Asinine Alliterations About African Adventures Aplenty!

happy atheist

1 hour ago, SledCat said:

John's busy posting up a storm on Facebook. Again. Including this little gem:

56c5238b37c43_ScreenShot2016-02-17at5.50

I'd like to scroll down to his post about "unholy" music and ask him where he finds that information in the B I B L E...

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does John reconcile the fact that without the Catholic Church, there wouldn't have been the catalyst for the start of the Protestant church? I always find the disparaging comments of the Catholic Church interesting, by people who have indirectly benefit from the break Martin Luther made. On a side note I wonder what his brothers think of his lifestyle.

9 minutes ago, infooverload said:

How does John reconcile the fact that without the Catholic Church, there wouldn't have been the catalyst for the start of the Protestant church? I always find the disparaging comments of the Catholic Church interesting, by people who have indirectly benefit from the break Martin Luther made. On a side note I wonder what his brothers think of his lifestyle.

Oh, Baptists aren't protestant. We know it because John says so! IIRC, John believes baptists have always existed independently of catholics and protestants, going back to John the Baptist. It feeds his persecution complex to believe that his people were always on the outside of "the establishment". 

We're pretty sure his brothers think he's nuts. He was relatively close to his sister, but he pretty much never talks about his brothers. And they seem like really normal guys.

On 2/16/2016 at 9:45 PM, Gimme a Free RV said:

THIS!

Yes! There were musicians/composers back in the day who were maligned for everything from the chord progressions to the instrumentation they employed in sacred music.  At one time, the organ was considered a very secular instrument and its use in church not to be considered. There was actually a musical interval (Was it a minor 5th?  I can't remember.) that was avoided in sacred music and a particular diminished chord called "the devil's chord."

Even today...I'm not kidding...there exists a school of thought in IFB by some that Handel's "Messiah" should not be performed in church because...(Are you sitting down?)...Handel was paid to compose it!  Um.  Hello?  And the choir anthems sung in those same churches and in churches far and wide were written and arranged by talented musicians as a hobby?

As a matter of fact, Handel's job was to compose music for the English King.  "The Messiah" is nothing but scripture set to music, and if you're familiar with it, you know how glorious it is.

As a church musician, I would love to ring John's neck over this much ado about nothing.  (Yet another time-waster on FB when he could have been helping his precious valentine with the kids.)

Really, though, I'd love to tie Servant John to a chair and force him to listen to contemporary Christian music.  The really good stuff with a solid message.

Uhhhh, excuse my musical and scriptural ignorance, and I do mean that humbly. Honestly. (Tried out for choir once: they said "when it comes unto Making a Joyful Noise Unto the Lord, you please just hum, ok?")

About the only music stuff that makes me want to Get Up and Wiggle Lasciviously is stuff like Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust" or It Might Be Giants playing "Istanbul".  Even then, given my age, curves, and total lack of rhythm, I *really* don't think that's gonna make people want to copulate all over the pews or in the nave.

Look, I can really totally see people hearing rocking music (any genre) and getting overwhelmed and wanting to dance in joy in honor of the Deity (whatever flavor), or go on their knees in gratitude and thanks, or even hide their faces in hands and weep in sorrow for their offenses against the majesty of the Eternal.

But if a couple particular chords or progressions or whatever happened to be so powerful that it made people act all wicked, shouldn't we have heard a whole lot more of that stuff in jazz, golden oldies, rock, industrial, whatever?

And help me out here?---my understanding is that musicians make music: they compose, arrange, sing, play instruments, etc.--because that's their CRAFT, their livelihood?  Did 1 Timothy 5:8 get repealed when I wan't looking or something?

13 hours ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

I read through all of the old Shrader posts last summer, I think.  As I worked my way through, I shared the highlights with my husband and we agreed is was like a farcical novel.  I don't know why, but the 200lb paper cutter was one of the highlights for me.  It was so ludicrous that he bought this enormous chunk of metal and added it to all of the junk things he was shipping to Zambia. I have to wonder how often the paper cutter has gotten a workout since he arrived. He probably would have been fine with a good pair of scissors.

My husband thinks he is really a troll who someone made up and I am naive enough to believe actually exists IRL.

My husband is a super smart guy with degrees from REAL universities  & a super hard worker with a REAL JOB to support his family (snap John! Well opposites snap) but can't wrap his mind around this guy when I try to tell him about it.

'A plane? That no one has seen. And people are still giving him money? For a bible stand this week is it? Pregnant again is she? Persecuted by who this week? Sure sure sweetheart this all sounds likely' 

Thanks god I have FJ who believe me and are as repulsed as I am by this loser

You know, that hatred John spews about evil rhythms and stuff?  Not in the Bible.  He could maybe stretch a couple of verses to make his argument halfway fit, but when it comes to music and worship, the Bible is filled with references to percussive instruments (possibly with a "back beat"...what that is), stringed instruments, clapping, dancing, singing joyfully, choirs (chorus), flute, trumpet, shofar (ram's horn), etc.  The Bible even says that if people stop praising God, then the rocks will do it!  (LOL--rock music! Bada-bing, John!)

I'm pretty sure even God wants John to stop singing in his fake accent and just let the rocks sing. 

It is going to take some time to get through all the John threads and write down all the drama. I started on the first threads about them and there is just a whole lot in each thread. Radiation baby, screaming "thief" at Santa, grifting a trailer to live in and trip to Alaska that turns into a trip to Zambia. There is so much that I had forgotten!

6 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

My husband thinks he is really a troll who someone made up and I am naive enough to believe actually exists IRL.

My husband is a super smart guy with degrees from REAL universities  & a super hard worker with a REAL JOB to support his family (snap John! Well opposites snap) but can't wrap his mind around this guy when I try to tell him about it.

'A plane? That no one has seen. And people are still giving him money? For a bible stand this week is it? Pregnant again is she? Persecuted by who this week? Sure sure sweetheart this all sounds likely' 

Thanks god I have FJ who believe me and are as repulsed as I am by this loser

I once tried to explain Shrader to my husband when he was grifting while his family was living in a pop-up. It did not go over very well. I suspect he really did not believe that someone could be that bad. I have not talked to him about Free Jinger since then. He occasionally makes a comment if he sees it on the screen of my computer. He really does not understand it.

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I'm pretty sure even God wants John to stop singing in his fake accent and just let the rocks sing. 

:Bazinga:

45 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I had to read through an epic fight with Elle where she is an expert on all of the things to find this.

https://web.archive.org/web/20110208083248/http://theshraders.com/

I'm not having much luck finding more of the blog. 

Haha, I read through some of that thread last night too. I had to skip like 3 pages of Elle arguing.

The only real information on the website, shortly after Nehemiah's birth in early 2007.

Welcome to our Website!  We are excited to announce our upcoming move to the Northwest, Washington State to be exact!  The Lord has opened a door for us to go and work towards transitioning into the Senior pastorate at a precious church in Brewster, Washington.  New Testament Baptist church is a precious group of people being led by Pastor Albert Fare.  Pastor Fare is in his eighties, and is still married to his sweetheart of 64 years!  He is a decorated WWII veteran, with two Purple Stars.  We are excited about living on the beautiful Colombia River, in the foothills of the Cascade Mountain Range on the East side.  Please pray for us as we plan, prepare, and pack.  We are moving to Washington on the 12th of March, so there is much to do!  Please pray for our safety as we travel roughly 2,500 miles with our four precious children.  Lord willing we will be expanding our website to a full website in the near future so we can keep you updated on how the Lord is showing Himself strong in our lives.  God bless and "May Jesus Christ Be Praised!"

John Shrader

Everything is just SO PRECIOUS. And when he says the pastor has 2 Purple Stars, does he mean Purple Hearts? Is Purple Star a thing?

20 minutes ago, slickcat79 said:

Everything is just SO PRECIOUS. And when he says the pastor has 2 Purple Stars, does he mean Purple Hearts? Is Purple Star a thing?

Maybe it was a purple star sticker he got in his AWANA book or piano books as a child?

"Letting the Rocks Sing" should maybe be a post count. *hint*

And, FWIW, never heard of a Purple Star till I did a Googlesearch and found it was associated with a marijuana dispensary.

Am completely willing to ask the blessings of the Goddess on anyone who travels, and doubly so if kids are involved, but I *really* think the driver(s) need to be handling vehicles while all unimpaired by stuff.

24 minutes ago, slickcat79 said:

Those were the exact two thoughts I had while reading it too! And the "precious" thing just grates my nerves. I can't decide if that or "walk through" is more irritating.

I'm SEVERELY concerned that the precious comments fundies make about their seasons of life are defrauding your sense of joy, FJers.  You should purpose in your hearts to walk through these precious moments with them and their dear, precious children.  

As I have been reading through those early threads and making notes of what happened, it becomes very, very clear that this trip to Zambia happened not because "God" called John, but because it was the only way he could figure out how to get money. The family was in poverty and John couldn't keep a job. Even the small church didn't seem to be too sad at him deciding to leave.  He needed a way to not have to work but to get money and being an IFB missionary was the perfect answer. 

I had forgotten that he almost killed the whole family by falling asleep while driving and crashing the van. 

1 hour ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

I'm SEVERELY concerned that the precious comments fundies make about their seasons of life are defrauding your sense of joy, FJers.  You should purpose in your hearts to walk through these precious moments with them and their dear, precious children.  

Well, I am concerned that you didn't even mention that the precious comments, seasons of life, moments, and children are all God-given blessings. I mean, if you can go two entire sentences without even mentioning that once...well...I don't want to say you're a heathen, but...you're a heathen.

Sent from my laptop which was purchased with money from the job God gave me at a discounted rate thanks to a God-given Dell coupon code, constructed in the brain God blessed me with, typed with the fingers God bestowed upon me in all His goodness. Man, I sure do love God more than the rest of you losers.

I'm an atheist, but even I am sick of Shrader's Catholic-bashing. This guy is the fundie that grinds my gears the most. He's so damn smug yet has no justification for it.

I'm an atheist, but even I am sick of Shrader's Catholic-bashing. This guy is the fundie that grinds my gears the cost. He's so damn smug yet has no justification for it.

Does anyone think extreme smugness and an inability to change opinions is a way to run away from personal issues? I also remember hearing a while back the qualities some leadership personalities have are shared with sociopaths.

10 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

You forgot "fellowship" as a verb. Which it is not.

i was reading through the discussion of homeschooling thread and it occurred to me - what does esther do about homeschooling? there's no government oversight of her at ALL in zambia...i wonder if those kids even get homeschooling anymore? to people who have been following them longer - did we get much info on their schooling before zambia? 

35 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

i was reading through the discussion of homeschooling thread and it occurred to me - what does esther do about homeschooling? there's no government oversight of her at ALL in zambia...i wonder if those kids even get homeschooling anymore? to people who have been following them longer - did we get much info on their schooling before zambia? 

I honestly doubt they had much schooling before Zambia. Their life in the pop up camper traveling around with 8 kids was really not conducive to any kind of formal teaching. In the respect of actually having stable housing, they might be able to get even more done in Zambia. On the flip side, their life there and back in the US really didn't allow for the transportation of resources and access to computers and things for all those children who should be at different educational points.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived