IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 6: Asinine Alliterations About African Adventures Aplenty!

happy atheist

John Shrader is husband to Esther Keller, sister of Anna Keller Duggar (wife of child molester/serial cheater Josh Duggar). She is pregnant yet again, with their tenth (I think) child.

The family has been in Zambia for over a year, and John has managed to save a grand total of about 3 souls, which means that he converted them from Christianity to the right kind of Christianity by tagging along to funerals and proselytizing at the mourners. He grifted a bunch of appliances (a matching fridge and freezer!), bought a super expensive SUV, and conveniently neglects to mention his grifted airplane which he can't fly because he doesn't have the key.

When his sister died, he somehow managed to get his hands on donations made in her memory, instead of letting the money go to her husband and young daughter. Because John is a classy guy.

Now the other half of the original Team Zambia mission, a guy named David Rea, is in Zambia with his own (much better planned and supported) print ministry. Because if there's anything that a developing country needs, it's warring print ministries. John seems to be feeling pressure from Rea's imminent arrival/challenge to his masculinity/godliness/grifting prowess, so he's begun laying the groundwork for an eventual move to Zimbabwe where I guess there will be less competition in the lucrative "handing out useless pieces of glossy paper" market.

John recently decided that their landlady was possessed by a demon, so he kicked his "students" out of the building they were living in so he could move his family in. Then he dug a well so that he could give water away and put the guy next door (who sells water) out of business. And now he's raising a ruckus about Satan. Because of course.

Pop open some beef jerky and some ranch-flavored sunflower seeds and join us, won't you, for John's further righteous adventures in darkest heathen Africa.

Previous discussion:

Part 5 here: http://www.freejinger.org/topic/23920-john-shrader-in-zambia-pt-5-witnessing-weeping-wondering/

Archive: http://www.freejinger.org/forum/428-shrader-family/

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welp I will often point out that for every crazy fundie there's a missionary thats doing good things but I geuss that hope is out to.

Not sure if it's worth mentioning here (but I don't feel like searching for or starting an appropriate thread right now), but Voddie Baucham and all 5486211 of his adopted kids have been in Zambia for a month or three. I follow his IG, but he doesn't post much, with the exception of pompous VF-flavored (wine! prime rib! slow roasted root vegetables!) Sunday dinner pictures every week and similar lifestyle fluff. 

Okay, I just looked at his account again and it's not as eye-roll worthy as I thought (except, yes it is). For some reason the food snobbery really really really rubs me the wrong way.

https://www.instagram.com/p/-9dHlpS6Ls/?taken-by=voddieb

And! They're back in the US for a visit already. :angry-banghead:

/derail

39 minutes ago, halcionne said:

Not sure if it's worth mentioning here (but I don't feel like searching for or starting an appropriate thread right now), but Voddie Baucham and all 5486211 of his adopted kids have been in Zambia for a month or three. I follow his IG, but he doesn't post much, with the exception of pompous VF-flavored (wine! prime rib! slow roasted root vegetables!) Sunday dinner pictures every week and similar lifestyle fluff. 

Okay, I just looked at his account again and it's not as eye-roll worthy as I thought (except, yes it is). For some reason the food snobbery really really really rubs me the wrong way.

/derail

Eh, we should probably resurrect an old Voddie thread or start a new one but I can't be bothered today either.  Perhaps tomorrow.  There is plenty to snark on about Voddie/Toadie,

Per the African Christian "University" Facebook back in September, Voddie has moved his family into quite palatial dwellings in Lusaka.  He is also wearing Zambian shirts. He may too be faking a Zambian accent. They are returning to the US for a visit because his father-in-law has cancer (and he probably needs more cash.)  Voddie has a newish website too but is lazy about updating it.  http://launchthemove.com/about

He has met with the US Ambassador to Zambia because he somehow thinks that can help with changing African Christian "University" into a genuine accredited Zambian University.  Eh, good luck with that, Toadie.  Perhaps the Zambian Ministry of Education would be a better place to concentrate those efforts.  Just saying.

Some day soon Shrader, Voddie and Rea are all going to bump into each other as they buy those essential US-centric supplies at Walmart in Lusaka.  Oh, to be a fly on the wall for that meeting ...

The thread title is great, yes, but the post itself is incredible. Literally lolling!  That is all I have to contribute at this time. 

10 minutes ago, artdecades said:

that first post is certainly inspiring me to go back and read all the threads. what the fuck about his sister

If you need some rescue ferrets, let us know.

6 hours ago, happy atheist said:

...and conveniently neglects to mention his grifted airplane which he can't fly because he doesn't have the key.

Oh, didnt you know?  Wonder Woman has it.  She's the only one who has a key to an invisible plane.

She also has the lasso of truth.  She needs to cinch it tight on John.

Dear people of Canada, don't send John anymore money. I wonder what "large expenses" John had that the Canadian church paid for.

I know John likes to brag about how he never, ever, ever asks for money, he just prays and then people magically send him all the money and stuff he wants, but I suspect it is more likely that John calls up his daddy to whine about how he needs more money and his dad starts calling around trying to find churches that are still willing to send money. 

18 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Eh, we should probably resurrect an old Voddie thread or start a new one but I can't be bothered today either.  Perhaps tomorrow.  There is plenty to snark on about Voddie/Toadie,

Per the African Christian "University" Facebook back in September, Voddie has moved his family into quite palatial dwellings in Lusaka.  He is also wearing Zambian shirts. He may too be faking a Zambian accent. They are returning to the US for a visit because his father-in-law has cancer (and he probably needs more cash.)  Voddie has a newish website too but is lazy about updating it.  http://launchthemove.com/about

He has met with the US Ambassador to Zambia because he somehow thinks that can help with changing African Christian "University" into a genuine accredited Zambian University.  Eh, good luck with that, Toadie.  Perhaps the Zambian Ministry of Education would be a better place to concentrate those efforts.  Just saying.

Some day soon Shrader, Voddie and Rea are all going to bump into each other as they buy those essential US-centric supplies at Walmart in Lusaka.  Oh, to be a fly on the wall for that meeting ...

You have to wonder what it's like for the US Ambassador to deal with the Baucham/Rea/Shrader wackadoos in his jurisdiction. Talk about pains in the ass! 

Also, what's up with the Bauchams failing to find a "church home" after being there for several months? Must be something wrong with the Zambians since we know that the Bauchams are totes godly.

20 hours ago, halcionne said:

I follow his IG, but he doesn't post much, with the exception of pompous VF-flavored (wine! prime rib! slow roasted root vegetables!) Sunday dinner pictures every week and similar lifestyle fluff. 

Maybe because many Zambians suffer from hunger?

Plus it doesn't look that good...

From the website:
"Pray for our home in Zambia as we will be leaving it with house sitters for several weeks."

Excuse you? 

"Please pray for the upcoming ACU/108 campaign (December 14-18) as we will be attempting to raise $108,000.00 in 108 hours!"

Right.

4 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

You have to wonder what it's like for the US Ambassador to deal with the Baucham/Rea/Shrader wackadoos in his jurisdiction. Talk about pains in the ass! 

Also, what's up with the Bauchams failing to find a "church home" after being there for several months? Must be something wrong with the Zambians since we know that the Bauchams are totes godly.

I'm probably going to take the Foreign Service Exam this June, and between the possibility of having to serve under Donald Trump and being sent to a country where I'd have to deal with people like John Shrader, I'm starting to have second thoughts about Foreign Service as a career choice. Though at least dealing with people like John Shrader would be a source of comedy in my life.

I haven't checked in on this particularly saga in well over a year. I must admit, I'm sorta surprised John is still alive and hasn't done anything stupid to get himself killed. I guess not having the keys to the plane (I thought for sure that plane didn't exist!) helps in that regard.

I only loosely keep up on the Shaders but the newest description has me intrigued. I'd be more impressed that they are still in Africa if I didn't know they probably can't afford to move back. That and he'd have to admit he was a failure of a missionary. 

Oh, FFS.

God does it again! WOW!!!!

We had a large expense today and then I get an email from Canada regarding a completely unexpected love offering!

Wow, I only talk about my prayers and the things I need every damn day on Facebook, then people give me money! It's so unexpected!

And somehow he still thinks he lives up to Matthew 6 :roll:

12358306_10205359372614006_208066216_n.jpg

On 12/12/2015 at 6:44 PM, halcionne said:

/derail

Okay not to most constructive of criticism, but

What did they do to that "rib roast". They've got it all crumbled up in a baking dish like (dry!) pot roast, sitting in some anemic juice, the whole thing cooked to well-done. That is not even slightly how you cook a rib roast. You're not allowed to brag about eating "the roast to end all roasts" when you cook it like it's an old hunk of chuck you found in the back of your freezer. What a waste of food and money. [/end beef-loving foodie rant]

P.S.-- Your veggies look really overcooked. They shouldn't all be the same color like that.

8 minutes ago, Shoobydoo said:

Okay not to most constructive of criticism, but

What did they do to that "rib roast". They've got it all crumbled up in a baking dish like (dry!) pot roast, sitting in some anemic juice, the whole thing cooked to well-done. That is not even slightly how you cook a rib roast. You're not allowed to brag about eating "the roast to end all roasts" when you cook it like it's an old hunk of chuck you found in the back of your freezer. What a waste of food and money. [/end beef-loving foodie rant]

P.S.-- Your veggies look really overcooked. They shouldn't all be the same color like that.

Hey, at least nobody "crouched" over the roast...

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived