IGNORED

Stories

47of74

23 minutes ago, Childless said:

So, he found some brownies and ate them.  He didn't think to ask permission before just snarfing down the whole plate.  Gluttony much?  This guy deserved what he got.  Next time, he'll ask before taking what doesn't belong to him.

That was my takeaway as well, but I'm still mad about that time on Pretty Little Liars when Toby just took and ate Spencer's entire bag of pot gummy bears and then blamed her when he tripped balls and couldn't fend off A at the arcade (though now I'm laughing because that was hilarious).

I also feel badly for the cat.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

This especially amuses me after my friend, while 100% sober and not on any substances, adamantly declared her sister's cat is a bitch.

My sister in law called TK that a couple times when TK was being a real TK.

IMG_8421.jpg

21 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Shaken....not stirred.

Also yeah his milkshake did bring a number of people to his yard, but they weren't impressed with the quality.

The name is Rection. Hugh G Rection.  :my_biggrin:

:: reverting to school-age humor on occasion is fun & necessary ::

Wow a bumper crop of news in Nebraska this week!

Man if I were one of his kids is be pissed dad destroyed my pan of pot brownies.

Damn LMAO calling the cat a bitch.

Meanwhile in Ohio...

thesmokinggun.com/buster/ohio/adult-store-burglar-739251

A burglar who broke into an Ohio adult novelty store through a ventilation pipe gathered up an assortment of sex toys and lubricant before departing with the upper half of a $2000 sex doll that he topped with a $46.99 blond wig, according to police.

Investigators allege that Ellis Doyle, 26, broke into Cirilla’s, a shop in Elyria, around 2:45 AM Saturday and stole several items before leaving. Surveillance video shows the intruder then sought to re-enter the business through the front doors, but they had locked behind him.

Doyle, cops say, came back into the building “through the roof and ceiling over the cash register.” During his second pass through the store, Doyle “walks around the store again and then walks over to the ‘Eva’ mannequin and strips the clothing off of it and takes the top half of the mannequin and takes a blond and burgundy wig off a display and places it on its head and walks out the front door.”

Thanks to the surveillance video, police were able to identify Doyle, who was collared on a breaking and entering charge. Doyle, who was arraigned yesterday on the felony count, is free on $5000 bond.

• 4 weeks later...

Would YOU choose to work if your husband was rich enough to support you? Meet three (very comfortably-off) mums who do... and try not to scream

What the FUCKITY FUCK?

You may not need to financially. But if you have the talents and education, and your health and family situation allows for it, I think it is good to work, even if part-time. Not just for your self-fulfillment, but because society needs talented people. 

Also, I see many SAHMs with like two school going kids, get obsessed with perfection of their looks, their homes and their kids. They make the rest of us seem such filthy losers :pb_biggrin:

I'm trying to grasp the point of the article. These women want to work.... so they do. Um, fascinating?

They're also women with school age kids who don't have to pay for childcare. I stay home with my kids but a job would be great. It's just not financially feasible. I might earn enough to cover daycare or a nanny (daycare or a nanny for three kids would probably cost about the same) but I think we would likely be in the red after taxes.

1 hour ago, pancakes said:

I'm trying to grasp the point of the article. These women want to work.... so they do. Um, fascinating?

They're also women with school age kids who don't have to pay for childcare. I stay home with my kids but a job would be great. It's just not financially feasible. I might earn enough to cover daycare or a nanny (daycare or a nanny for three kids would probably cost about the same) but I think we would likely be in the red after taxes.

'The women who can't afford to work'

Sounds like a good title of another article. Or maybe 'How taxes force me to be a SAHM'. But you are right, if it costs more than it pays, why go through the child care hassle? Better to wait a few years until they're in school. And the years when you are still up at night with kids may not be the best for full-time work anyway. Humans do need sleep, even mums.

1 hour ago, foreign fundie said:

You may not need to financially. But if you have the talents and education, and your health and family situation allows for it, I think it is good to work, even if part-time. Not just for your self-fulfillment, but because society needs talented people. 

Also, I see many SAHMs with like two school going kids, get obsessed with perfection of their looks, their homes and their kids. They make the rest of us seem such filthy losers :pb_biggrin:

If you feel like a filthy loser because other people are doing something you aren't, then either change how you feel (easier option) or start being equally obsessed with your looks and homes. (Not my recommendation, that's all superficial nonsense and I hate how women put each other down about that kind of bull.) The only way to change short-sighted superficial consumer culture is to stop participating in it. 

13 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

But you are right, if it costs more than it pays, why go through the child care hassle? Better to wait a few years until they're in school. 

At least some people's careers would be impacted too much by extended time away. That is, they could financially afford to take the time off but it'd be hard to catch up on stuff they missed in their field after a few years away, etc. Not all jobs but definitely some. Also, some people would just miss working too much.

45 minutes ago, December said:

At least some people's careers would be impacted too much by extended time away. That is, they could financially afford to take the time off but it'd be hard to catch up on stuff they missed in their field after a few years away, etc. Not all jobs but definitely some. Also, some people would just miss working too much.

Sure, so would I. But I can imagine some mums (or dads) can't afford to work if it costs more than it pays. If you can suck up the extra cost, and you enjoy work and your field of work does not allow for years away, working would be the obvious thing. But I assume careers that don't allow for time out are usually well paying (IT,medical doctor) and your salary would cover the cost of child care.

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

If you feel like a filthy loser because other people are doing something you aren't, then either change how you feel (easier option) or start being equally obsessed with your looks and homes. (Not my recommendation, that's all superficial nonsense and I hate how women put each other down about that kind of bull.) The only way to change short-sighted superficial consumer culture is to stop participating in it. 

I try. But competition is stiff! Between my morning and my afternoon work, I made my kid pretty decent home made cup cakes to share with her classmates on her birthday. However I had no time to decorate them with colored icing and home-made cartoon shaped chocolates. And even if I had, they would not measure up to the usual enormous bakery bought cakes and the birthday buffets for all classmates (including mums and siblings). Not to mention the artistically decorated and nutriciously fabulous lunchboxes the kids bring to school (and the mums send pics of to all other mums to show off) or the science projects for which the mums stay up all night to make instead of the kids. Fortunately my girl seems only half aware of the deficiencies in her upbringing, but that may change with age. 

You're right of course, one person has to stop the rediculousness of it all, but so far it is just me. Well, at least I can make some mums feel good about themselves :my_shy:

If I didn't work I'd go crazy. I have mild anxiety and one of my triggers is being bored or not intellectually stimulated. My mind just runs away with me and I start panicking and worrying.

If I had enough money to not have to work, to be honest I'd probably do it just to cut down on the stress, but I'd have to do an online university course or take classes and learn another language. 

I don't understand what is so difficult for people like this reporter to understand - People are different! Different life setups work perfectly for different people. What works for one person might not work for you and that is OK!

Even if I was personally so well off I would never run out of money I would still work. Mostly so I wasn't bored. Might change jobs if I could afford to set myself up as a photographer, something I don't have the money to do right now.

Seriously what's wrong with having a job even if your husband is rich. Anything could happen, you might get divorced or he could lose all his money. I think having a skill and using it is better than not.

• 1 month later...

And Texas Woman has decided Florida woman is getting a bit too much attention these days

thesmokinggun.com/documents/college/snapchat-selfie-crash-629835

A tipsy Texas collegian was taking a topless Snapchat photo for her boyfriend last night moments before she crashed her car into a parked police cruiser, according to cops.

Miranda Kay Rader, 19, drove her SUV into the rear of a squad car whose driver had exited the vehicle to investigate a disturbance call. Rader, seen at right, was not injured in the 8:30 PM crash in Bryan, a city bordering College Station, home to Texas A&M (where Rader is a freshman).

When a patrolman approached Rader’s Acura, he noticed that the student had on an “unclasped brassiere” and was “attempting to put a black blouse on.” When the officer asked why she “was not dressed while driving,” Rader replied that she had been “taking a Snapchat photo to send to her boyfriend while she was at the red light.”

Rader said she was en route to her Texas A&M dormitory at the time of the crash, according to a probable cause affidavit.

Ahem...

JeanLucFacePalm.jpg

Ouch!

asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201610300030.html

The fire occurred at the Tokyo Medical University Hospital in Shinjuku Ward on April 15. The patient in her 30s was undergoing an operation that involved applying a laser to her cervix, the lower part of the uterus.

The laser is believed to have ignited the gas she passed. The blaze burned much of her body, including her waist and legs.

In a report released by the hospital on Oct. 28, a committee of outside experts who looked into the case said no flammable materials were in the operation room at the time of the surgery.

“When the patient’s intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation (room), it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire,” the report said.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived