IGNORED

Stories

47of74

As I said on topic of calls for Muslim genocide: I wish I was surprised. 
I think this numb feeling of both horror and cynicism is here to stay. 

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will give Lord Dampnut this. He's done a lot for unity in this country. People from all over are coming together to tell him "Oh, Hell, no!"

I see that Governer Eric Grietens and VP Mike Pence used this for a photo op and helped with the cleanup yesterday.  Let's be honest, Pence was in the area for something else and they decided to do a drive by with his sleeves rolled up.

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw this about the Yahoo breach.

washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/justice-department-charging-russian-spies-and-criminal-hackers-for-yahoo-intrusion/2017/03/15/64b98e32-0911-11e7-93dc-00f9bdd74ed1_story.html

The Justice Department announced Wednesday the indictments of two Russian spies and two criminal hackers in connection with the heist of 500 million Yahoo user accounts in 2014, marking the first U.S. criminal cyber charges ever against Russian government officials.

The indictments target two members of the Russian intelligence agency FSB, and two hackers hired by the Russians.

The charges include hacking, wire fraud, trade secret theft and economic espionage, according to officials. The indictments are part of the largest hacking case brought by the United States.

I wonder how long it'll be until Beauregard Sessions and Agent Orange try to get the charges dropped and get them a medal?

• 2 weeks later...

OUCH

mediaite.com/online/this-bullfighter-suffered-serious-rectal-damage-as-a-result-of-being-gored/

A bullfighter in Mexico City suffered severe rectal damage this weekend as the result of a violent goring.

Univision reports that bullfighter Antonio Romero suffered a nearly foot-long goring in his rectum from a bull named Caporal.

Not gonna say the first thing that came to mind there.

I have ZERO sympathy when bullfighters get injured/killed. Maybe that makes me a bad person, but when an animal is tortured for the pleasure of a crowd of onlookers (especially in such a violent, bloody way), it makes me angry. The animal had nothing to do with such a thing; it's all a stupid human's fault.

This is also why I don't go to rodeos anymore; nothing like riding the back of an angry bull where a rope is tied around its' middle/private areas (making said bull even more agitated).

:: getting off of soapbox ::

That being said, though, I did see a picture where a bullfighter suddenly had an attack of conscience (sp?), & stopped in the middle of a bull fight. I'm not sure what happened to the bull afterwards, but the man was kneeling down & covering his face. I suppose it is possible for people to change, right?

I think you all know what up there I'm referring to here.  And, no, this was not Florida.  Just a little ways north of Florida;

http://thesmokinggun.com/buster/alabama/gun-drops-into-boxers-829043

An Alabama man being booked into jail for public intoxication had a stolen handgun hidden in a certain body cavity, according to police who noticed that the defendant was walking “strangely” upon arrival at the county jail.

Jesse Roberts, 23, was collared early today by cops responding to a 911 call about a prowler near a residence in Elkmont, a town outside Huntsville.

As Roberts was being searched, an unloaded Jimenez Arms .380-caliber pistol fell from his rear end into his underwear. “I immediately considered that he defecated on himself before noticing a familiar shape in the form of a pistol in his boxers,” a jailer noted in a report, according to Sheriff Mike Blakely.

Yeah, turned out the gun was stolen too.

I guess I'm never going to be a criminal. I have zero desire to hide drugs, firearms, etc.. in any of my orifices. 

Don't be. The asshole who had that honor deserved it.

On 3/28/2017 at 5:38 AM, LadyCrow1313 said:

I have ZERO sympathy when bullfighters get injured/killed. Maybe that makes me a bad person, but when an animal is tortured for the pleasure of a crowd of onlookers (especially in such a violent, bloody way), it makes me angry. The animal had nothing to do with such a thing; it's all a stupid human's fault.

I'm on your side.  Bull-fighters know the risk, but choose to get out there and torture an animal to death.  I get schadenfreude every time a bull-fighter gets injured.  

9 hours ago, Jug Band Baby said:

How do you fit a gun up there?

I don't know, but Jack Harkness did it on Dr. Who during the Bad Wolf episode,  broadcast in 2005.  He had been stripped naked and forced to try on various outfits in a science fiction parody of "What Not to Wear" when the robot hosts decide none of the outfits work, and they had decided to decapitate him and put another head (I think an animal head) on his body.  They were also thinking about switching up the placement of his limbs.  Knowing he was about to be killed, Jack suddenly produces a weapon from behind him.  His prospective killers gasp and ask him where he got the weapon.  He says something like "Guess." and shoots them.  That's one way to cancel a show.

The gun wasn't up his ass. It was between his ass cheeks. I don't thing a gun can be shoved up there without causing damage and a trip to the ER. The dude was just fine. He was just high on Xanax.

I don't wish death on them or anything, of course, but I can't say I feel bad when they get injured. It's such a senselessly cruel thing to do to an animal."

My ass recoiled in fear when I saw this headline. Bullfighters are insane. I also agree that it's a stupid sport.

A Tennessee woman found an extra long snack the other day...

huffingtonpost.com/entry/really-long-cheeto_us_58e295f1e4b03a26a364fbb9

A woman is getting a taste of internet fame after posting a photo on Twitter of what looks like the longest Cheeto ever found in captivity.

Yes, we know Cheetos aren’t actual animals, but this one is so big, it seems like a snake of some sort.

Jessica Rupie found the supersized snack on Friday in a bag she purchased in her home town of Murfreesboro, Tennessee, according to roommate Rue Lawrence.

“[Jessica] got the bag of Cheetos at Walgreens, and we opened the bag and couldn’t stop laughing,” Lawrence told HuffPost.

I just hope a certain someone doesn't start running around telling people that he is a cheeto because a certain body part of his is that long.

Whew, it was an actual Cheeto. I thought it was a synonym (?) for something else. :leghumper:

Sounds like the real life version of the man who grows funny vegetables, then brings them to the Ankh Morpork Times for stories in the Discworld series. Right down to the part where they 'couldn't stop laughing' [emoji14]

Is that cheeto causing anyone else irrational anxiety?

Maybe it's Trump related. Anything large and orange freaks me out now . . . 

This happened early this morning;

cnn.com/2017/04/19/us/aaron-hernandez-suicide/index.html

Convicted murderer and former NFL star Aaron Hernandez was found hanged in his Massachusetts prison cell Wednesday morning, officials said, just days after he was acquitted in a separate murder case.

The 27-year-old former New England Patriots tight end hanged himself with a bed sheet attached to a window in his cell at the Souza Baranowski prison in Shirley, the Massachusetts Department of Correction said. His body was discovered at 3:05 a.m.

"Lifesaving techniques were attempted on Mr. Hernandez, and he was transported to UMass Leominster, where he was pronounced dead at 4:07 a.m.," the correction department's statement reads.

I wonder if the medical examiner will look at his brain now and see if he had CTE?

Yep they're going to see if he had CTE...

nbcnews.com/storyline/aaron-hernandez/aaron-hernandez-s-brain-being-held-illegally-medical-examiner-lawyer-n749011

The brain of former NFL star and convicted murderer Aaron Hernandez will be turned over to a center for study about possible brain trauma, authorities said Thursday, after an attorney for his family accused them of "illegally" withholding it.

"Now that the cause and manner of death have been determined, the brain will be released to Boston University's Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy Center as Mr. Hernandez's family wishes," the statement from the district attorney's office and police said.

The state chief medical examiner ruled Hernandez' death a suicide and said the cause of death was asphyxia by hanging, the Worcester County district attorney's office and state police said in a statement.

On 4/18/2017 at 3:21 PM, JMO said:

Dammit, now I want cheetos.  The crunchy ones.  

I'm fairly addicted to the Cheetos Natural white cheddar puffs myself

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived