IGNORED

Sisterwives Part 2 - Things Get Complicated

If anything, I think this whole catfishing thing will make people more sympathetic to Meri. How desperate for any type of connection with a man/catfish could she have been to go to this length? It is obvious that she was lonely and likely wanting some type of validation from a man that she was still desirable or just worthy of a man's attention. It's hard to get that attention from your husband when he is focused on his new main wife. This is a woman who tried to please her husband by finding him a fourth wife. It shows how desperate she is for male attention. She did everything she could to get in her husband's good graces, which worked too well because he is now only into the Robin, the perfect new baby making machine. 

I read their book and I get the idea that Meri would have been happy being monogamist. Although she grew up in a polygamous family, I think she toes the line because that is the way she was raised, not because it is the lifestyle for her. Janelle and Christine at least have kids at home to keep them going. Meri really has nothing left with Mariah gone. 

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"He" also claimed to have a video of them having sex. Like, in-person. It was password protected, and, as was pointed out to me in the other thread, no one ever got the password; those that did saw that the video was taken down. So I don't think this will end up being credible.

Just over an hour until it airs! I know Buzzard does recaps for Duggar things. I did it once on here when they aired unseen footage from the Duggar Megyn Kelly interview. I can do that tonight if anyone would like? Fair warning - I don't usually watch things live because I hate commercials, so it may go up later in the night, possibly sometime tomorrow. However, for those not in the US that are interested, I would be willing! :)

I bow to your gifts. I will be watching, but I will AVIDLY read the re-cap!! :popcorn:

If anything, I think this whole catfishing thing will make people more sympathetic to Meri. How desperate for any type of connection with a man/catfish could she have been to go to this length? It is obvious that she was lonely and likely wanting some type of validation from a man that she was still desirable or just worthy of a man's attention. It's hard to get that attention from your husband when he is focused on his new main wife. This is a woman who tried to please her husband by finding him a fourth wife. It shows how desperate she is for male attention. She did everything she could to get in her husband's good graces, which worked too well because he is now only into the Robin, the perfect new baby making machine. 

I read their book and I get the idea that Meri would have been happy being monogamist. Although she grew up in a polygamous family, I think she toes the line because that is the way she was raised, not because it is the lifestyle for her. Janelle and Christine at least have kids at home to keep them going. Meri really has nothing left with Mariah gone. 

I wonder if she'd have BEEN happy if she'd had all of those eleventy-thousand children she wanted...

Where are you guys seeing the BatDouche threatening to release a tape of Meri masturbating?  (Now THAT is a question I never would have imagined I'd ever ask in my life.)

I don't live in the U.S. And I would love to get a recap!

Just wondering - and anyone who wants a recap can answer - do you want the entire two hours recapped, or just catfish things? I'm willing to recap it all (and that's what I've been doing for the past 14 minutes), but if everyone just wants catfish/Meri things, I can just focus my recap on that?

Where are you guys seeing the BatDouche threatening to release a tape of Meri masturbating?  (Now THAT is a question I never would have imagined I'd ever ask in my life.)

I was told it was taken down... Apparently you can find screenshots of it on Twitter but I don't care enough to go look for it. I figure its just at as fake as the sex vid. 

If Jackie does have this recorded is it possible they were having phone sex and Jackie recorded it without permission?  

Just wondering - and anyone who wants a recap can answer - do you want the entire two hours recapped, or just catfish things? I'm willing to recap it all (and that's what I've been doing for the past 14 minutes), but if everyone just wants catfish/Meri things, I can just focus my recap on that?

I don't know about anyone else but I couldn't care less about anything but the catfish storyline. Although there may be some content that sheds some light on what Meri was feeling about the adoptions or whatever that might be worth a mention...Hell, I have no idea what else they will talk about! It's awesome of you to do this! 

I don't know about anyone else but I couldn't care less about anything but the catfish storyline. Although there may be some content that sheds some light on what Meri was feeling about the adoptions or whatever that might be worth a mention...Hell, I have no idea what else they will talk about! It's awesome of you to do this! 

There's a few things here and there that I'm picking up on that shed a little light to the situation, but not much. I'll focus on the catfish aspect and things that shed light :)

ETA: I'm also keeping some things that I really wanted to snark on :P

Well, I will admit that I'm watching the Sister Wives Tell-All. Oh my. Lots of dissembling, posturing, hair flipping, eye rolling, and the usual crap going on.
1.  Kody is such a Shitty McShitterson. Seriously. I don't think I've ever encountered anyone else so full of himself. Even my idiot ex. And that's saying a lot.
2.  Sobbin Jr. (can't remember the daughter's name) is following well in mama's footsteps, boo-hooing about the adoption, new baby, and whatnot. The other kids are just staring at her, so over it.
3.  I was intently watching Kody's face every time Christine talked or was questioned by Tamryn Hell.  Shitty McSh's eyes told the whole story - the look of derision in his eyes, + condescension + a thousand other things I recognize oh, so well.  (Looked just like my idiot ex - which is very unfortunate for Christine.)
4.  My heart truly breaks for Christine. I think even the older kids now realize that she gets crappy treatment. She is so broken down by this polygamy-misogyny system that I'm not sure she can ever break free. One can hope, though.
5.  Listening to the middle-kids talk about the new baby and Solomon. Lots of crap-sandwich stuff right there. They obviously are drinking the kool-aid to get approval from dad.
6.  When the older kids were interviewed, Logan shared something very disturbing about girlfriend Michelle. Instead of asking her out on a date - he sails himself to the middle of the dance floor and KISSES her. Didn't ask her - just kissed her. Even though I liked what I saw of them on the Alaska episode, hearing this and watching his smug face just sent all of my sexual assault radar on high alert. Apparently we have a Kody Jr. ego thing going on. Ugh.
7.  Very telling that none of the older kids - including Mariah - are considering plural marriage. Even though they were quick to applaud their parents for their wonderful childhoods.  
8.  Equally telling was when several older children very adamantly expressed their high regard for Kody's fathering skills. Again, I think they're just trying to garner favor with the patriarch. This is significant to me because it reeks of desperate children in an abusive/neglectful situation.  NOT saying these kids are abused, by any stretch. But neglected? Yup. I think so.  Especially since Sobbin's four hit the scene. The disparity is glaring. Christine has been bringing this up repeatedly - and Shitty & Sobbin just look at her very condescendingly, as if she's not quite right.  
9.  I, too, have noticed Meri's devolvement from Most Favored Nation-Wife status since Sobbin hit the picture. Although they appeared thick as thieves in the beginning, I'm sure she rues that "divine" decision every single day. Meri's passive-aggressiveness has never scored any points with me, but even so, watching her get her comeuppance is still sad. Definitely reminds me of the adage, "Be careful what you wish for - you just might get it."
10.  Well, they're just now beginning to address the catfish situation. Even though Meri was willing to chuck it all and walk out on Shitty and Wx3, it's still sad. (Unfortunately, I too was dumb enough to ignore all of the red flags & warning signs in an online relationship.  The third time he was an FTA (failure to appear), thank GOD two of my friends were wise and brave and loving enough to confront me. So I put those Degreed Law Professional skills and resources to work. And whaddayaknow - he was real, but almost everything else about him was fake.  So grateful that my humiliation was private, but it still took quite a bit of time and effort to recover.)  I think any woman who's been in an abusive or neglectful situation is at risk when someone showers them with attention and emotional intimacy.
I'll shut up now and keep watching.

Oh -- a question for all of you who are more perceptive than I ...
WHO is the adult woman who keeps showing up in recent episodes???  She was staying with Solomon when Kody & Sobbin went to the sonogram appointment.  She has been in other footage, including their restaurant dinner in Alaska.  Kody picks up Solomon and delivers his dad-speech, thanking everyone for coming, blah blah.  And this chick is 3 feet from Kody while he's speaking.

Kodouche is acting like he has never heard any of this catfishing story before.  And interesting how none of them would take the bait to comment on the situation when given the baited questions.  They all pointedly left it to Meri to get under the bus herself.

Well said, JHeathen.  Shitty is all "caring, concerned husband" to hear him talk.  Too bad he couldn't get his head out of Sobbin's ass (er ... vagina) long enough to notice what was going on for MONTHS.  And Sobbin is just sitting there, nodding her stupid head in time to his answers.  Ick.

At least Janelle and Christine are a little more gracious in their treatment.  Back to the show ...

<snip>

WHO is the adult woman who keeps showing up in recent episodes???  She was staying with Solomon when Kody & Sobbin went to the sonogram appointment.  She has been in other footage, including their restaurant dinner in Alaska.  Kody picks up Solomon and delivers his dad-speech, thanking everyone for coming, blah blah.  And this chick is 3 feet from Kody while he's speaking.

Maybe it was Robyn's cousin? I forgot what her name was, but they've talked about how she lives with them and helps out before.

Thanks, Invisible.  I really didn't have a clue who it was.

And ... Sobbin is off and running.  I've never seen such crocodile tears in my life.  Wonder if she'll have another "asthma attack" ??

Tamryn just asked Meri -- "Was there ever a physical relationship?"  Meri:  "No.  We never actually met in person."  Which is good - because batshit probably doesn't have a sex tape he can show.  Shitty gave a very big and visible sigh of relief when she answered no.

And now ... Shitty is playing all loving and magnanimous and "forgives" Meri.  Vomit.

Somebody mentioned recently that Robyn's sister was staying with them, but I think that was speculation. I know that Taralyce has stayed with them in the past -- I think when they were in the separate Vegas houses. It's possible that it's some kind of nanny -- didn't Robyn make a big deal out of needing to hire someone to help if she was running the 'business' and pregnant?

Update - Truely and Solomon just came on set.  And Shitty didn't seem to acknowledge Truely, only had eyes for Solomon.  Uck.

Not being unkind here -- but I really hope and pray that the adults pay attention to the fact that adorable Truely is in serious need of speech therapy!

Good question, Rachel.  She outrightly said NO to a physical relationship.  And that they actually never met in person.

IIRC, wasn't it "Sam's assistant" who actually showed up at Disneyland?

Is it still on?  Who were the two surprise guest Meri tweeted about?  My guess is to other victims of the BatDork?

EDIT: Never mind, I am reading that it was just King Sol and the forgotten child.  #LAME

So, who broke the news to People....was this a kind of blackmail thing on the part of the catfish? Because I don't know why else Meri would have to tell all of this to the world. And Kody just sits and stairs. I do not think he can process it. For sure. I feel badly for Meri. It is all very strange with so many wives to deal with. And she does need a job or going to school. That would help her a lot and Christine is right just try things. 

They could have accomplished some good here and been upfront and honest for the sake of their marriages, other victims, fans etc.  But no, they went down the wrong path.  Lots of deflecting and Meri saying that she was "told what to say in the voicemails", was pulling away from the family "in order to protect them all" etc was pure bullshit.  She had an emotional affair and fell in love with someone else.  Kody downplaying it all and calling it a flirt.  Almost as bad as the Duggar interviews...

agree. I am only in it for the catfishing.

Meri's inaction as to job or school or leaving just screams deep depression to me. Christine roots for her to just "try something"; but when you are in the midst of a depression, it is so hard to actually act on things, even when you want to. Circular thinking, indecisiveness, tiredness all can be aspects that make it hard to get up the impetus to change.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived