IGNORED

Sisterwives Part 2 - Things Get Complicated

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/26/2016 at 3:05 PM, Imagine20 said:

They wouldn't allow a single person who constantly travels to foster twin newborns.  Why wouldn't the mother just give temporary guardianship to Batman or arrange for a private adoption?  What's with the foster thing? I'm guessing Batman only knows the foster way of adoption or someone Jackie catfished before taught her about the foster care system. 

If Batman is so well off, Batman would hire nannies. Batman wouldn't be looking for another lady. I'm sure Jackie is looking for another victim by talking about it. 

I think people get sucked in by the amount of detail Batman gives. The details give the story credibility, even when those details change from previous posts or there are inconsistencies or things that seem implausible.

I think she's a predator.  She manipulates people for her own personal gain. Whether she is really emotionally invested in the actual people she catfishes we can't know, but she seems invested in the lies and stories with the fake websites and multiple personalities, etc. 

Right now, I think she's enjoying hey new found fame and is trying to make money off it.  The book flopped.  I wonder if she'll all of a sudden be bankrupted by something unforeseen after the fake kids are in her custody so she'll ask for money, or if one of the kids will be unhealthy and need special medical care.

I think Jackie has a healthy ego.  That's why she shows up to meet these women when Batman suddenly can't make it. I think she loves knowing she's pulling a scam right in the person's presence. 

It's the Sheldon Cooper philosophy of lying. The believability of a lie is in direct correlation with the number of details contained within.

On February 17, 2016 at 3:25 PM, Cleopatra7 said:

Maybe the divorce and the catfishing scandal caused her to realize how wives are interchangeable in polygamy, and todays number one wife can be tomorrow's nobody. I wonder if Mariah had any idea that the online "relationship" with Sam was going on. Either way, the fact that her mother was ready to run away with someone from the Internet had to make her rethink the supposed benefits of polygamy.

Although, to be fair, there are a huge number of young adults from all backgrounds who have watched their parents publically implode their lives in ridiculous ways because :  

social media +  person over 35 who did not grow up understanding social media + any sort of insecurity/ crises / transition + charming stranger/ old friend/ childhood crush / sociopathic monster = epic, cringe worthy, embarrassing, every private detail shared on-line,  cluster fuck. ( not always, of course, but ..... Man, have I seen a lot of this )

Not usually quite so dramatically, but if kids changed their preferred relationship type based on watching these sorts of train wrecks - marriage or commitment of ANY type would likely fall out of favor. Just my observation

23 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Although, to be fair, there are a huge number of young adults from all backgrounds who have watched their parents publically implode their lives in ridiculous ways because :  

social media +  person over 35 who did not grow up understanding social media + any sort of insecurity/ crises / transition + charming stranger/ old friend/ childhood crush / sociopathic monster = epic, cringe worthy, embarrassing, every private detail shared on-line,  cluster fuck. ( not always, of course, but ..... Man, have I seen a lot of this )

Not usually quite so dramatically, but if kids changed their preferred relationship type based on watching these sorts of train wrecks - marriage or commitment of ANY type would likely fall out of favor. Just my observation

Russell, anyone?

It's funny how people make fun of millennials for "all that technology" when really, this kind of thing is quite common for older folks...put a divorce, loss, firing, breakup, or insecurity together with a catfish or online seducer (or just another insecure person!) and a lack of understanding of how social media works, and you've got full on disaster, played out publicly. I've seen it several times.

On 2/29/2016 at 10:05 AM, FundieFarmer said:

We received this to the Facebook. Looks like there's some true frustration with the BatDork a-brewin':

12748050_721537624649981_3523949772001777653_o.jpg

The same people who are doing this concern trolling are the same people who ran the anti Sister Wives FB group.  The admins all had multiple accounts and bullied members who disagree with their bullying tactics. The group then imploded. The same thing is happening on Twitter with this group. 

Twins and weight...my husband's twins were born full term and about 8lbs each. Mom was 6' tall and had a LOT of room to grow babies...(this is an utter no-shitter, somewhere here we have their birth records)/

On 3/6/2016 at 3:48 AM, SweetFellowshipper said:

Russell, anyone?

It's funny how people make fun of millennials for "all that technology" when really, this kind of thing is quite common for older folks...put a divorce, loss, firing, breakup, or insecurity together with a catfish or online seducer (or just another insecure person!) and a lack of understanding of how social media works, and you've got full on disaster, played out publicly. I've seen it several times.

Most of these online scams have been around for centuries in some form or fashion, but the Internet just makes it much easier to create fake personas to lure in potential victims. Whether the victim is old or young, it seems like the underlying desire to find your "one true love" blinds one to the manipulative behavior and the questionable stories exhibited by the catfisher. You want to believe the other person is real/honest/caring, and that belief blinds you to what's really happening.

I'm waiting for BatDork to release the x-rated voicemails/conversations.  If they truly do exist (and I am sure they do), that is the last bit of ammunition BatDork has over Meri.  At some point jackie is going to want more attention on her and she will release this. My guess is it will be when the new season starts and the BatStory isn't highlighted on the show.  

I also wonder how much money  Jackie scammed out of Meri. In the past, she has scammed money so I am sure that was the goal this time.  We have seen pictures of Jackie (as 'Lindz') at Meri's, supposedly doing some transaction with that MLM scam Meri is involved with.  Jackie doesn't seem to have 2 dimes to rub together, so where did she get the money for this transaction... or did she/Sam promise to pay Meri later on and Meri fell for that?

Okay I've been gone from FJ for awhile and haven't been keeping up with BatDork. I'm just catching up right now.

It's clear that the birth of premature twins wasn't researched properly. 6 weeks premature and they were discharged from the hospital the next day?

And then what about the post where he apparently dropped one of them and the doctor was apparently so unconcerned by the fact that a 6 week premature baby who was discharged from the hospital a day after he was born was dropped, and he made a joke about it? Seriously, Jackie? You think that's how it would play out?

Then the happy birthday one that says "We want to wish a happy birthday to Samuel." Who wrote that? Lindsay? Or by we, does it mean Jackie and her other characters want to wish him a happy birthday? :P

There's also the foundation that "a friend" is starting, complete with Go Fund Me link. It's supposed to be a place for childhood abuse survivors to go to, according to the GFM link. It would be a wonderful idea... if it wasn't coming from Sam's blog. They're asking for $200,000 in 21 months. So far, they've raised a whopping $0! I definitely think it's a scam, which is a shame. I'm sure some unfortunate person is going to donate without realizing that it's a scam. I don't really know how to go about reporting a fraudulent GFM campaign, as I don't have any experience with the site.

Jackie. Is. Fucking. Crazy.

ETA: There are forums there now! :eyeroll: I can only take BatDork in small doses, and I've definitely reached my limit for the next several weeks.

18 minutes ago, JMO said:

Did anyone else see that Meri is not coming back for season 7?

I haven't seen that anywhere and just searched the news. Guessing it's another rumor.

Meri and the show will be back. There are a few articles that question if Meri or the show will return but I think the are just headlines to hook readers in.

TLC has not set a date for season 7 which is not odd. I think fans might be anxious but TLC has never run new Duggar and Sister wives at the same time. Sister Wives does very little filming during the school year. The bulk of filming is during breaks and the summer. They usually show the Browns 6 month behind, which means the next season which I predict will start after the Duggars new season ends, will feature Robyn's pregnancy and birth and the holidays. I can't imagine they would not have Meri in some of the birth episodes.I bet some of the wedding planning for Maddie as well. What I would love to see but TLC won't think it is worthy of "ratings" filming is Christine's mom going back to college after almost 50 years and leaving polygamy.

One thing that seem to drive in viewers IMO was the kids. So many times I have heard the parents are crazy but the kids all are going to college and seem to have been raised right. Now it appears that most of the Brown kids are not on the same path shown on TV. One of the adult Brown kids lives near me and is not in college as the show made it seem. Instead they are dating someone who is devout LDS which kind of cancels out Maddie's storyline that the LDS doesn't want her because of her family since they have welcomed one of her siblings with open arms.

5 hours ago, silverspoons said:

I can't imagine they would not have Meri in some of the birth episodes.I bet some of the wedding planning for Maddie as well. What I would love to see but TLC won't think it is worthy of "ratings" filming is Christine's mom going back to college after almost 50 years and leaving polygamy.

One thing that seem to drive in viewers IMO was the kids. So many times I have heard the parents are crazy but the kids all are going to college and seem to have been raised right. Now it appears that most of the Brown kids are not on the same path shown on TV. One of the adult Brown kids lives near me and is not in college as the show made it seem. Instead they are dating someone who is devout LDS which kind of cancels out Maddie's storyline that the LDS doesn't want her because of her family since they have welcomed one of her siblings with open arms.

I agree that Christine's mom leaving is one of the most interesting and underdeveloped potential story lines.  They just keep her in the background, but she must have STORIES to share.

That is very interesting that the adult children aren't all in college but appear to be on the show.  Feel free to share more gossip, if you have any!  :my_angel: I wonder if the truth will come out on the show, or if it will be hidden away.  Also curious about how Meri and the other assorted nonsense will be portrayed. 

I seriously cannot believe Jackie is still persisting with her tired, old charade. No one believes her, except the people in her head. And that GoFundMe for the centre for people who have suffered abuse...so ridiculous.

A legitimate support charity would have more details than just a website with two vague posts and a link to a GoFundMe. No wonder they've raised a total of $0.00.

The idiocy of it all astounds me, she has some nerve.

I don't think it's really a big deal if not all the kids are in college. It isn't for everyone. The show has shown that Maddy isn't (or wasn't) currently in college, right?

And I don't think it says much if one of the kids is dating someone who is LDS either. LDS are free to date non-members so that doesn't mean that the kid is planning to join the LDS, and even if they are they would be dealing with different local leadership than Maddy did, and those leaders might not be as strict about what they require of people coming from a polygamous background who want to join the church.

Somewhere months ago I thought I read that Mykelti didn't stay in school and/or moved away from Las Vegas. I could be wrong, though. 

I agree with Christine's mother being interesting especially in light of Kodi's divorce and remarriage. I'm sure her insight and experiences would be fascinating. There is so much bubbling under the surface that would make the show so much more interesting and informative. I think that's why I liked the show Escaping Polygamy. It was an inside look at how the FLDS groups work and the horrors of feeling trapped.

I'd like to know, truthfully, how much the older kids' opinions on polygamy have really changed over the years. I wonder if a conversation with Kolleen Snow would be different today than it was a few years ago. 

The Bat blog and catfish story are now just getting boring. It's just silly lies and the same crazy every day.

5 hours ago, Imagine20 said:

The Bat blog and catfish story are now just getting boring. It's just silly lies and the same crazy every day.

I've stopped following the BatShit on a regular basis.  She's ceased being interesting, or even remotely believable, at this point.  

18 hours ago, Imagine20 said:

Somewhere months ago I thought I read that Mykelti didn't stay in school and/or moved away from Las Vegas. I could be wrong, though. 

I agree with Christine's mother being interesting especially in light of Kodi's divorce and remarriage. I'm sure her insight and experiences would be fascinating. There is so much bubbling under the surface that would make the show so much more interesting and informative. I think that's why I liked the show Escaping Polygamy. It was an inside look at how the FLDS groups work and the horrors of feeling trapped.

I'd like to know, truthfully, how much the older kids' opinions on polygamy have really changed over the years. I wonder if a conversation with Kolleen Snow would be different today than it was a few years ago. 

Mykelti lives in Utah and works at a family pawn shop there. 

I've stopped reading the blog and the Trolls' pages. I do read the snark comments at AATT.  

The show should be revamped with no mention of this catfish thing, and study the opinions and attitudes of the other wives and older children. They should also have Christine's mother featured and walk us through her story. 

I feel bad for someone having the name Mykelti. :my_confused: Wasn't she the one into fashion? The one who was rebellious but turned good? I remember she tried to push the envelope with wearing tank tops and Kody defended her saying something like "oh no, my daughter wears tank tops, it's only 110 degrees here." 

8 hours ago, Imagine20 said:

The show should be revamped with no mention of this catfish thing, and study the opinions and attitudes of the other wives and older children. They should also have Christine's mother featured and walk us through her story. 

I would be interested in seeing the whole Sisterwives thing revamped from reality sitcom to docu-drama. (It'll never be a "pure" documentary on TLC!)

I'd be interested in seeing more about their beliefs and history, how they really feel about eachother. 

Maybe tv therapy, with someone like Dr. Drew!

15 hours ago, SweetFellowshipper said:
On 3/14/2016 at 4:30 AM, Imagine20 said:

Mykelti lives in Utah and works at a family pawn shop there. 

Do you know if she is in school?  And which family?

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived