IGNORED

Sisterwives Part 2 - Things Get Complicated

1 hour ago, DaffyDill said:

A bunch of people on Twitter have joined forces and set up four websites dedicated to exposing Jackie Overton, and other catfish-type people as well.

http://www.nobatmanyet.com - Titled "Can You Hear Us Now?" and dedicated to exposing Jackie overtons "fishy" ways, in order to bring her scam to an end, and hopefully get her prosecuted (with what I don't know)

http://www.notbatmanyet.net - a spoof of the NotBatmen Yet blog

http://www.almostjackied.com - Called "Finally A Voice", this site provides support for people who have been catfishes in the past, and help on how to spot a catfish.

http://www.almostmeried.com - The group purchased this one so that "Sam" couldn't to use it to promote the dismal tome "he" calls a book, also contains a review of said book.

So things may get interesting :)

These links are awesome!!!  I especially found the victim's tales interesting. They show just how twisted and manipulative the BatDork is.  http://www.almostjackied.com/victims-venue-jessicas-story/

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone give me the 'this girl is slow and can't keep up' digest version? I tried to follow the thread but I'm so lost lol. 

Quick recap: Meri from Sister Wives was catfished by a person she thought was named Sam Cooper. He's a rich business man in Chicago (or Oklahoma or Las Vegas) who owns several companies, is 6'6, single, vegan, and handsome.  His best friend and business partner is Lindsay. 

They met and flirted on Twitter and texted and talked on the phone. Meri invited Sam to Disneyland, but since he's so busy and awesome, he couldn't make it so he sent Lindsay instead. Meri and Lindsay even posted pics of themselves at Disney. Months go by, Meri and Sam decide they're going to move in together and get married. However, Meri finds out that Sam is really a made up persona of Jackie Overton.  There is no Sam, there is no Lindsay.  It's all Jackie, who has a history of reeling in women and men and preying on them since the late 90s. She uses the Lindsay persona to meet these people in person. 

So, Meri cuts all contact with Sam and Sam starts writing a blog where he posted private pictures Meri sent him and voicemails she left him. Sam then writes a crappy book about their relationship, "proving" they were intimate and slept together. None of that is proven in the book, although it does seem to show that Jackie is messed up sociopath. 

During this whole ordeal (which lasted from Feb to August last year) one of Robyn's friends got in the middle of it. Her name is Kendra. Kendra broke the news in her pro-Robyn Facebook groups. She then said she talked to Sam and Skyped him and positively knew Sam is a man. For some reason, Robyn has since cut ties with Kendra and Kendra still maintains Sam is real. So, the issue is whether Robyn and Kendra really knew this was a catfish and when people started questioning if Meri was being tricked, Kendra stuck up for Sam to keep the scam going to make Meri look gullible and stupid in the press or some other reason. 

Jackie Overton is a well known catfisher with many victims. The victims have gotten together online with others following this mess to form a group of "Trolls" with the mission of exposing Jackie for what she is so she will stop.   They are also straight up making fun of her No Batman Yet blog via a spoof blog. 

My Own 2 cents:

I've been following this since Kendra posted on Fb about it. It's just odd. Sister Wives has some weird followers and weird haters. One of the anti-SW Fb groups imploded when the mods and other users started taking personal pictures from the pages of group members who disagreed with them and photoshopped them inappropriately. One was a picture of little kids that was photoshopped with dildoes by their mouths. That's when I left, but the group continued and anyone who voiced an opinion against what was going on had their pictures subjected to the same treatment and had their Fb profiles reported multiple times to the point where dissenters had to prove their identities to be able to log back into Fb. 

The issue now with this Troll group is that at least a few are from the leadership of that SW group, who themselves use multiple accounts to bully people, not unlike Jackie herself. (Coincidentally, those same people are involved with many anti-Duggar Fb pages.) Some of the spoof blog posts are just unnecessarily mean, which to me, indicates those people just found a new bullying outlet and may not really even care to stop Jackie one way or the other. 

Yesterday Meri Tweeted a picture of troll dolls, which seems to indicate she knows about the group and likes what they're doing. I'm sure more craziness will ensue. 

/tl;dr Crazy stuff happened, caused by crazy people, and even more crazy shit will continue to go down bc more crazy people have joined the crazy train. 

Also: Sobyn had a baby and no one cared because all the focus is still on Meri, which was and is some delicious justice.

I'm heating up my popcorn now and hoping TLC pushes for a whole season of Meri-focus just so I can watch a slightly out of focus Robyn lose her mind in the background.  

20 hours ago, Imagine20 said:

Quick recap: Meri from Sister Wives was catfished by a person she thought was named Sam Cooper. He's a rich business man in Chicago (or Oklahoma or Las Vegas) who owns several companies, is 6'6, single, vegan, and handsome.  His best friend and business partner is Lindsay. 

They met and flirted on Twitter and texted and talked on the phone. Meri invited Sam to Disneyland, but since he's so busy and awesome, he couldn't make it so he sent Lindsay instead. Meri and Lindsay even posted pics of themselves at Disney. Months go by, Meri and Sam decide they're going to move in together and get married. However, Meri finds out that Sam is really a made up persona of Jackie Overton.  There is no Sam, there is no Lindsay.  It's all Jackie, who has a history of reeling in women and men and preying on them since the late 90s. She uses the Lindsay persona to meet these people in person. 

So, Meri cuts all contact with Sam and Sam starts writing a blog where he posted private pictures Meri sent him and voicemails she left him. Sam then writes a crappy book about their relationship, "proving" they were intimate and slept together. None of that is proven in the book, although it does seem to show that Jackie is messed up sociopath. 

During this whole ordeal (which lasted from Feb to August last year) one of Robyn's friends got in the middle of it. Her name is Kendra. Kendra broke the news in her pro-Robyn Facebook groups. She then said she talked to Sam and Skyped him and positively knew Sam is a man. For some reason, Robyn has since cut ties with Kendra and Kendra still maintains Sam is real. So, the issue is whether Robyn and Kendra really knew this was a catfish and when people started questioning if Meri was being tricked, Kendra stuck up for Sam to keep the scam going to make Meri look gullible and stupid in the press or some other reason. 

Jackie Overton is a well known catfisher with many victims. The victims have gotten together online with others following this mess to form a group of "Trolls" with the mission of exposing Jackie for what she is so she will stop.   They are also straight up making fun of her No Batman Yet blog via a spoof blog. 

My Own 2 cents:

I've been following this since Kendra posted on Fb about it. It's just odd. Sister Wives has some weird followers and weird haters. One of the anti-SW Fb groups imploded when the mods and other users started taking personal pictures from the pages of group members who disagreed with them and photoshopped them inappropriately. One was a picture of little kids that was photoshopped with dildoes by their mouths. That's when I left, but the group continued and anyone who voiced an opinion against what was going on had their pictures subjected to the same treatment and had their Fb profiles reported multiple times to the point where dissenters had to prove their identities to be able to log back into Fb. 

The issue now with this Troll group is that at least a few are from the leadership of that SW group, who themselves use multiple accounts to bully people, not unlike Jackie herself. (Coincidentally, those same people are involved with many anti-Duggar Fb pages.) Some of the spoof blog posts are just unnecessarily mean, which to me, indicates those people just found a new bullying outlet and may not really even care to stop Jackie one way or the other. 

Yesterday Meri Tweeted a picture of troll dolls, which seems to indicate she knows about the group and likes what they're doing. I'm sure more craziness will ensue. 

/tl;dr Crazy stuff happened, caused by crazy people, and even more crazy shit will continue to go down bc more crazy people have joined the crazy train. 

Blesssss you! In a good way not the mean southern bless your heart way lol

Thanks for the recap. I watch the show and new about the issue but for the life of me I couldn't keep up with this Jackie none sense. It's just so much gossip about a polygamist one wouldn't expect.

I follow Meri's daughter Mariah on twitter, and she's very vocal for Bernie Sanders. Kody has replied to her tweets a few times with disgust (in a joking way), but it's interesting how she has changed. She also is very vocal about feminism.  I wonder if these new views will sway her views on wanting to be a polygamist. She was the only child that said she wanted to be in a polygamist marriage. Their religion and their type of polygamy don't tend to go hand in hand with feminism and liberal views 

34 minutes ago, mstee said:

I follow Meri's daughter Mariah on twitter, and she's very vocal for Bernie Sanders. Kody has replied to her tweets a few times with disgust (in a joking way), but it's interesting how she has changed. She also is very vocal about feminism.  I wonder if these new views will sway her views on wanting to be a polygamist. She was the only child that said she wanted to be in a polygamist marriage. Their religion and their type of polygamy don't tend to go hand in hand with feminism and liberal views 

Interesting.  Seems as if Mariah is maturing.

36 minutes ago, mstee said:

She was literally the only Brown kid to say she wanted to be a polygamist. In the last tell all interview at the end of the season she said she doesn't anymore. I wonder what the change of heart was. I actually think the divorce might have affected her more than anyone knows.

I got really bored watching the last tell-all and didn't make it through. Makes sense that she no longer is interested in polygamy considering her new views. Maybe going away to college really helped her see more options? New friends? And I imagine her mother's scandal and all of that has had to have some effect on her.  

28 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

She was literally the only Brown kid to say she wanted to be a polygamist. In the last tell all interview at the end of the season she said she doesn't anymore. I wonder what the change of heart was. I actually think the divorce might have affected her more than anyone knows.

Maybe the divorce and the catfishing scandal caused her to realize how wives are interchangeable in polygamy, and todays number one wife can be tomorrow's nobody. I wonder if Mariah had any idea that the online "relationship" with Sam was going on. Either way, the fact that her mother was ready to run away with someone from the Internet had to make her rethink the supposed benefits of polygamy.

Mariah seems like a child that would want to be the most important wife (like her mom used to be) in a polygamous relationship. I wonder if Mariah read the "almost Meri'd" book, ha! I bet she has a very different view on things now that her mom divorced Kodi and Meri was catfished. If Sam were to be a real person, Meri would have left the family. Which brings me to Imagine20's post (which I thank you for!) Kendra has skype'd with the real Sam?! What ... huh ... *hits own head*

On 2/16/2016 at 6:53 PM, Georgiana said:

hoping TLC pushes for a whole season of Meri-focus just so I can watch a slightly out of focus Robyn lose her mind in the background.  

It's all I want for Christmas, baby Jesus. 

In Chapter 8 of the dross that is "Sam's" book, "he" mentions being stood up by Meri when they had allegedly been going to meet at Tropical Smoothie. He'd bought a new suit and everything! Kate at http://bullshitbookclub.blogspot.com.au/2016/02/chapter-8-what-do-i-do-with-all-of-this.html put up this picture of "him", waiting around for Meri:

Tropical-Smoothie-Cafe-Bellevue-Washington.jpg

Hahaha! God I laughed when I saw it. The caption reads:

"Zero waiting at the old Tropical Smoothie- visual approximation" 

I don't care about Kodouche's idiotic political (and religious) believes. I'm just glad the kids get to make up their minds, form their own opinion, and Kody isn't going to arm-twist or tomato stake them for their different views (even though he allows himself to humor them, which is quite normal for an "edgy" parent).

I assume that Mariah has had her eyes opened by what happened to her mother in recent years. Plus, her siblings' views have evolved just as much, so I'm glad she's broadened her horizon and made up her mind.

@Imagine20 I also appreciated that. I followed Sister Wives from the beginning, but then missed the start of this in the implosion of my own life and have had trouble with the catfish thing.

Mariah seemed smart even when she wanted to be a sister wife. Most of those kids seem smart. I love that she's the opposite of all the other grown tv fundy offspring. Tweeting for Bernie. That's so nice to see after #librulskilledScalia

The BatDork is now a BatDad as the imaginary twins have been born.  Apparently they were born 6 weeks early and were 6 lbs-something each.  Suuuurrrrreeeee.......  Considering most full-term twins aren't 6 pounds, and most 6-week early single babies aren't even 6 pounds, she once again proves herself an idiot by not doing the most basic of research.  

Oh, and apparently he/she is just starting Foster Care classes, even though this is really a private adoption among family.  BatDork is a BatIdiot!  

Now he/she is threatening to release sexual voicemails from Meri.  I'm guessing this threat is because BatDork is pissed about Meri's troll doll picture on Twitter.  Don't piss off the BatDork, folks!  LOL!

@SummerRocks Kendra says she Skype with him.  Since Sam doesn't exist, she is either lying or it was just voice Skyping. I'm really not sure what her angle is in this. I think it's odd that she's thanked in the book for some reason

Mariah was used to special treatment. When it was Meri's night, Mariah got one on one time with her dad that the other kids never got. Of course her idea of polygamy was skewed. It never occurred to her that her mom could be cast aside for a new favorite wife and all of her dad's attention would be taken away. 

I have also been following this person because I am apparently the type of person who can't look away from a train wreck. I noticed in her post about the birth, she discussed the panic that set in when one of the twins was breach. Now I am not a degrees medical professional, and my son was born vaginally, but surely it doesn't matter what position a child is in when they are being born via c-section. I am almost (almost) unable to hate read her posts anymore. Help! I can not believe I am following this so closely.

Didn't Mariah say in the most recent talking head she was no longer pro-polygamy?

I think a lot of her initial support was that she was young, and as young people are, myopic.  She couldn't see outside of her world, and her little world with polygamy was good!  It's understandable that a teenager may not be able to see or understand the misery of the other grown women in the arrangement or her siblings.

I think she is a good and smart person.  And I think as she's aged, she's been able to see how polygamy negatively affected the other people in her family.  And I think she's realized that while a plural lifestyle may be good for some, it usually hurts far more.  

I think she was probably moving away from polygamy before all this happened.  I think this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

JO (Jackie Overton), aka Sam, aka Lindsey, aka most everyone else that posts on her blog, has been following several forums where she is the topic of discussion.  I don't know if FJ is one of them, but JO joined PTV and spent several happy hours trolling over there before she was banned.  Sadly, I missed the entire thing and didn't get to read her posts before they were deleted by the mods.  

But too often someone over there will wonder something about the Sam character and suddenly a new post will appear on the notbatmanyet blog to answer the question.  Also, there's a new poster over there that some suspect is JO.  Although this poster pretends to be anti Sam and company, there's a hint of JO's writing style that shines through.  

Time will tell, as JO doesn't seem to have the capacity to hold back the crazy for too long.

She didn't make many posts before the mods removed them.  You didn't miss much.

She showed up posting as Lindsay at All About the Tea. They figured her out quickly and called her out on her lies and magically AATT ended up on that 40 questions blog.  

She was loving the attention before, but somewhere she crossed the line and it's taken on a life of its own. She must be panicking now that she's not controlling the narrative anymore and that's why she's showing up everywhere. I think she honestly believed that book would explain everything enough so people would stop wondering about Sam. 

She's conned people out of large sums of money and taken advantage of their trust. She really needs to be stopped and face the consequences of her actions.

"He"'s now claiming to be releasing more explicit voicemails and has a longggg entry up about his sons' "birth." It's being reported (I use that word so loosely here, y'all) that Meri and Janelle are leaving. If only, friends. If only. 

I'm so grotesquely fascinated with BatFish.

51 minutes ago, GothardsType said:

"He"'s now claiming to be releasing more explicit voicemails and has a longggg entry up about his sons' "birth." It's being reported (I use that word so loosely here, y'all) that Meri and Janelle are leaving. If only, friends. If only. 

I'm so grotesquely fascinated with BatFish.

The BatDrama is too fascinating to look away from!  

I still, for the life of me, don't understand why Jackie doesn't just close up shop on the Bat Cave and come up with a new fake persona in which to con people with.  There is too much publicity around the Sam Cooper character now for her to ever be able to get away with another con this size.  

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived