IGNORED

Sisterwives Part 2 - Things Get Complicated

5 hours ago, Mum2theRoyalFlush said:

I am pretty sure Mykelti is in St. George at http://www.familypawnutah.com/

There's a college in St. George called Dixie State College http://dixie.edu/. All of the pawn locations are in Southern Utah, and it's about 2 hours away from Las Vegas.

Thanks.  I spent the night in St. George this past summer.  And I had a cousin who went to Dixie....until called on his mission.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off topic, but...the banner ad I'm getting on FJ is for Mormon.org.

They would not approve of this thread.

after a long while I checked out "his" blog again and I can't believe Amazon still has his book up...even with all those reviews (calling Jacky out etc). Wow! Now I wonder if they truly do check the identity of each and every author they let sell their book on the site.

I have searched far and wide for confirmation that Mariah Brown dropped out of college,  I thought I read it on FJ. Any of you remember such a post? Or know the answer toy question? Thanks!

46 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I have searched far and wide for confirmation that Mariah Brown dropped out of college,  I thought I read it on FJ. Any of you remember such a post? Or know the answer toy question? Thanks!

I just looked up her twitter and she mentions school, so maybe it was just a rumor? Also, according to all of her tweets, it seems like she is incredibly progressive these days. Lots of talk about feminism and not conforming to typical gender roles. I wonder what she thinks of her parents' marriage these days. 

2 hours ago, defraudingjezebel said:

I just looked up her twitter and she mentions school, so maybe it was just a rumor? Also, according to all of her tweets, it seems like she is incredibly progressive these days. Lots of talk about feminism and not conforming to typical gender roles. I wonder what she thinks of her parents' marriage these days. 

Her FB page says she is working as a CNA. She supports Bernie, I think that's great.

I have seen Mykelti around St. George and my oldest knows some of the people she hangs out with. Unless I am wrong she is NOT in college. She does work at the pawn shop and last I knew was dating a returned LDS missionary. If you live in St George and are college age and are not going to college it is a road to nowhere. The rents are super high and wages low. So many 20 something just rent rooms and work low paying jobs and wait for a spouse.

I have tried to figure out about Mariah , I saw the CNA post and have not seen anything about Westminster. She was at home in Vegas filming several times over the last few months.

The only kids in college for sure are Logan and Hunter.

Madison left college to move to Montana and plan her wedding. Aspen is doing college online (going to online after living on campus and seemed like she loved it  without a reason like needing to work full time, getting married, having a kid, makes me a bit suspicious).

I saw some articles saying the sister wives gang might be moving again. I was in doubt since the houses are not up for sale or in foreclosure (that I can find). I was searching and found sisterwives.us , a dating site for couples looking for sister wives. I'm not sure if this site has been discussed before but it is eye opening how people are all across the county and are so diverse in age and backgrounds (from young professionals to seniors).

8 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

http://politicsrusprinciple.tumblr.com/post/142194890305/more-pictures-for-cynical-jinxs-tlc-sister-wives

This post makes reference to Batbutt getting arrested. Is this in reference to the arrest late last year or did it happen again?

It references a tweet she made about the arrest, and there isn't a recent one, so I'm assuming it's from last fall. We would have heard if she had been arrested again.

I have seen a lot of media traffic today that TLC is delaying Season 7 of Sister Wives..... Wonder if this really will be the end of the road for The Browns?  I don't see how they will last more than a few months in their new homes without the TV $$$ rolling in.  Sadly, all their business ventures seemed a little far fetched and they lost interest pretty quickly once the realization of how much work is involved in owning and running a business set in.  

I just read that they're planning on appealing the decision.  What a piss poor and incredibly expensive decision.  Kadouche should be using that money to raise his kids, not fight an imaginary battle with the US.

Just now, amandaaries said:

I just read that they're planning on appealing the decision.  What a piss poor and incredibly expensive decision.  Kadouche should be using that money to raise his kids, not fight an imaginary battle with the US.

Standing ovation for this one ma'am.

13 minutes ago, amandaaries said:

Of course they are. They He fashions himself a crusader for the cause

I have never watched this show -- the premise upsets me too much. But somehow, I can't escape it. I would love it if at least Meri would pack up and leave. 

12 minutes ago, amandaaries said:

I don't get this at all. It seems like there are a good number of polygamists living fairly openly in Utah, many of them presenting as mainstream (i.e., all consenting adults, the children go to public school, and no child brides, incest, or welfare fraud) and no one bothers them. If the Browns want to make polygamy legal so all four of them can be the legal Mrs. Kody Brown, good luck with that. Just watching all these supposedly mature adults on "Sister Wives" mired in perpetual junior high drama is enough to make anyone anti-polygamy.

24 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I don't get this at all. It seems like there are a good number of polygamists living fairly openly in Utah, many of them presenting as mainstream (i.e., all consenting adults, the children go to public school, and no child brides, incest, or welfare fraud) and no one bothers them. If the Browns want to make polygamy legal so all four of them can be the legal Mrs. Kody Brown, good luck with that. Just watching all these supposedly mature adults on "Sister Wives" mired in perpetual junior high drama is enough to make anyone anti-polygamy.

I also read that part of their argument was that their show demonstrated that a polygamous family can live together as happily as a family with monogamous parents.  I suppose if we're aiming for a Tolystoyesque, "each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way," that is true.  But I suspect Kadouche and his magic *hair flip!* want to ride in and "save" polygamy from its persecution in the US.  :roll:

1 hour ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I live in a neighborhood with 2 judges and someone from the district attorney's  office. I also have polygamist's families  living in my neighborhood. The kids go to school together, we have block parties and everyone talks and gets along. Kody's story of having to run from Utah was so FAKE. He wanted to live in Vegas for years.  It bothers me that people outside of Utah view Kody as some sort of poster child for polygamy.

The reason the law is still on the books is because they need something to go after abuse and underage marriage. I look at the arrests everyday and polygamists are arrested for fraud and abuse under the law. These are polygamists that are clearly doing wrong. The majority of polygamist left here are clearly part of public life. They work jobs in the public from medical, teaching, and retail. Many kids are attending public schools.

1 hour ago, Cleopatra7 said:

That's also what I've understood from people I know who have lived in Utah, that most polygamists try to blend in as their children go to public schools, and only consenting adults get married. They dress like any other Mormon, and only one marriage is the legal one. The way that the mainstream LDS church considers temple marriages to be "eternal," it does leave a loophole for polygamy in that a man doesn't have to get a "sealing" revoked when he gets a legal divorce, so according to law, someone might have more than one divorce, yet according to the church, he's a polygamist because his temple marriages are considered valid. It's up to a woman to get a "sealing" revoked, and that's often so she can marry another Mormon in the temple.

Correct me if I'm wrong: the court document is from April 11, 2016. Didn't robin make a huge deal that she changed her last name, it clearly still says robin Sullivan on the top. Was that just for the cameras? And she didn't really do anything?

When they filed initially it was probably with her name Sullivan so it carried through.

Kodouche won't be paying for this appeal.  Not sure where the money is coming from, but appeals are expensive.  The Browns are just the vehicle for this lawsuit.

It was so telling to me when Christine said in some interview on the show that Kody had always wanted to move to Las Vegas. They're all phony. I like Jenelle though. Run, girl, run. 

41 minutes ago, gustava said:

Kodouche won't be paying for this appeal.  Not sure where the money is coming from, but appeals are expensive.  The Browns are just the vehicle for this lawsuit.

I want to see a website break down who's paying it. We all know there's someone out there dying to find out.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived