IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 4

happy atheist

23 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I had a midge too!! But it was the 2000 version I think. The happy family line. She was pregnant and apparently very controversial, because in the first editon she didn't have a wedding ring. I recently looked at mine, and she had one. I never even looked at it.

https://www.google.es/search?q=barbie+happy+family&oq=barbie+happy+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.6857j0j4&client=ms-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=x0zT3Twk0MD5dM%3A

I remember that. Haha! 

My mom had a Midge doll from the 60's. But in the 80's, my sister chopped all of her* hair off. Oops.

*The doll's hair, not my mom's hair.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked PJ from the Malibu Barbie line.  Because as a girl who wore glasses I could pretend they were regular glasses.  

I used to put my Barbies in the camper and drive it off the porch!  They all would mostly survive the accident :content:   My girls, on the other hand, had American Girl dolls.  Mostly presents from doting grandparents, and never had the furniture and stuff.  (at one time BasketVille had great furniture, well made and just the right size)  They are both grown and gone, but the dolls still live with me--maybe one day I will have a granddaughter to pass them onto......

20 hours ago, GreenTea said:

I had a few Barbie dolls, but they were not my favored toy. I played with my Cabbage Patch Kid dolls, these little animal family figurines like the Calico Critters, little ponies, and Quints mini-dolls (which had tons of accessories for the five babies.) Maybe playing with the Quints dolls made me fascinated with big families!

quitns.jpg

I totally had the same set!  Except I think mine was a racially diverse version with a babysitter.  But the babies seem similarly shaped and definitely had the numbered diapers.  My dollhouse family usually had about 40 children they were raising, including all of my brother's superheroes.  Those kids still were treated better than the duggar kids ;) 

20 hours ago, GreenTea said:

I had a few Barbie dolls, but they were not my favored toy. I played with my Cabbage Patch Kid dolls, these little animal family figurines like the Calico Critters, little ponies, and Quints mini-dolls (which had tons of accessories for the five babies.) Maybe playing with the Quints dolls made me fascinated with big families!

quitns.jpg

Oh my god! I totally forgot about those! I loved them!

On 3/7/2016 at 2:27 AM, GreenTea said:

quitns.jpg

I remember those! I'd completely forgotten all about them, but I had them.  I also had Calico Critters, My Little Ponies, and Hello Kitty toys.

Does anyone remember these dolls?  I had them both.  I remember when I got my My Bundle Baby I was so jealous because I just got one, while my friend was lucky and ended up with twins.  Lol

8695003818_144df8f4a1.jpgc374e243b770ac83e5c255113d1531ed.jpg

No Barbies here, we had Sindy dolls, I had the house in the picture (Dad spent one very sleepless xmas eve putting it together - cost a fortune and it was basically cardboard).

Anyways, my brother had Action Man (English GI Joe) who for some unknown reason kept kidnapping Sindy....... (least said about that the better probably)  :kitty-wink: 

81b8ce4e7ce474308ac71ccc609ae0aa.jpg

23 minutes ago, CoveredInBees said:

No Barbies here, we had Sindy dolls, I had the house in the picture (Dad spent one very sleepless xmas eve putting it together - cost a fortune and it was basically cardboard).

Anyways, my brother had Action Man (English GI Joe) who for some unknown reason kept kidnapping Sindy....... (least said about that the better probably)  :kitty-wink: 

I've never even heard of Sindy dolls! I always wanted a big, beautiful doll house but my parents never got me one :(. If I ever have a girl I am definitely buying one for her...and I may even let her use it :).

Ken was always a bad guy when we played. Barbie would get kidnapped by him, escape, and then end up in witness protection lol 

Sindy was basically the UK Barbie (I think she was modelled off Twiggy, the 60's model) the house was pretty cool, you can't see it in the picture but it has an elevator on one side operated by a pulley.

I'm somewhat relieved Sindy wasn't the only one getting kidnapped :kitty-wink:

I played with Barbie as a child, but I feel like my body dislike and low self esteem have more to do with being raised in a religion that's practically a cult.

I had a large Barbie house. It wasn't fancy or anything since we didn't have tons of money. But I loved it.

I did always want a large, wooden, fancy doll house (for small dolls, not barbies.) My friend had one her grandpa made. It was amazing. Full of furniture. Different wall paper in the rooms. So cute. I will likely never have a daughter so maybe I'll just buy one for myself some day. Ha.

On 3/7/2016 at 1:27 AM, GreenTea said:

quitns.jpg

Oh and let's not forget about the house that was made out of laminated cardboard, basically. Loooooved my quint dolls. The great Christmas of 1991, I think. lol

Screenshot_2016-03-08-17-58-55.png

Screenshot_2016-03-08-17-56-03.png

12 minutes ago, GnomeCat said:

Oh and let's not forget about the house that was made out of laminated cardbaord, basically. Loooooved my quilt dolls. The great Christmas of 1991, I think. lol

Screenshot_2016-03-08-17-58-55.png

Screenshot_2016-03-08-17-56-03.png

This was my favourite Christmas gift of all time! Between Santa and my grandparents, my quints house was completely furnished. My Barbies loved going  over there to babysit :my_smile:

I always wanted a Barbie camper. My cousin had one and I was so jealous.

32 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I always wanted a Barbie camper. My cousin had one and I was so jealous.

I had one. I also had the Barbie rockstar band, and they went on tour in the camper. The tour was cut short when one of my Littlest Pet Shop hamsters was vacuumed up, and destroyed Barbie's ability to perform.

I adored my Barbies and now my little girl loves them too.  To be honest, I wasn't keen on introducing her to Barbies but someone else bought her one and she just played with it so much that we got her some more for her birthday and then got the Malibu house for xmas.  I can sit there and play for hours with her! 

The Barbie camper was where it was at! Mine was pink, and through my imagination, Barbie and Ken went on so many great adventures!

21 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

I have this in my loft! I'll need to dig it and all my Barbies out and see if my oldest would like them.

I am watching barbie in the dreamhouse with my little cousin. It's hilarious. I don't understand how someone can have a problem with barbie

I loved my Barbies! I still have all of them.  I let my step daughter to play with them occasionally when she was younger.  I had this camper. And the Corvette.  I always wanted the dream house but had to settle for the town house with the elevator.  I was very anal about my Barbies.  My little brother would get into them just to irritate me.  He always stripped them naked.  I have tons of clothes for them and all my shoes are in little containers to keep them from getting lost. ( did that as a child).  I spent many wonderful hours playing with my Barbies.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'm still bitter about when my neighbor broke the head off my favorite barbie. She was Tropical Barbie. She had super long hair and one of my favorite face molds. Oddly my sister also had tropical barbie but her face was slightly different. Mine was better. I kept her even after she was decapitated. I still have all of mine in a storage bin in my basement.

I am also a huge nerd and I have some 'collector' barbies. They aren't worth anything as far as I know. They are just barbies I purchased as an adult and kept in their boxes.

My daughters next figure skating program is to one of the songs from "Barbie and the Diamond Castle". It's kind of a pretty song. 

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived