IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 4

happy atheist

1 minute ago, Mela99 said:

So are we discussing the People article about why Jos and Marj split? According to him, it was her decision and it was because of "timing". 

"We called it quits for a bit."

Counting On Season 3:

Marj & Si reunite after a year of scandal tore them apart :pearlclutching: Oh the ratings 

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, so, they haven't actually broken up? 

Damn, I want them to stay boring so we can keep talking about Barbies :pb_lol:

Don't do it Marjorie! Enjoy your youth! Keep wearing pants and working at Chick-Fil-A!

I think Marjorie is a little gold digger.  She broke things off as soon as the show was cancelled and she wants back in the limelight now that it is on again.  She wanted to be a famous author of godly teenager books but that didn't work out, so now she is working at a fastfood place.  

Run, Josiah, Run!

"We were just trying to follow God's lead on everything. She didn't feel that it was the right timing then, so we called it quits for a bit."

Hmm....definitely sounds like they are back together. I didn't want to think she was after him for the "fame" but now I think that may, indeed, be the case. So Godly of her.

2 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I'm still bitter about when my neighbor broke the head off my favorite barbie. She was Tropical Barbie. She had super long hair and one of my favorite face molds. Oddly my sister also had tropical barbie but her face was slightly different. Mine was better. I kept her even after she was decapitated. I still have all of mine in a storage bin in my basement.

I am also a huge nerd and I have some 'collector' barbies. They aren't worth anything as far as I know. They are just barbies I purchased as an adult and kept in their boxes.

My dog chewed up my Miko barbie... I was none too happy/

On March 8, 2016 at 3:13 PM, CoveredInBees said:

Sindy was basically the UK Barbie (I think she was modelled off Twiggy, the 60's model) the house was pretty cool, you can't see it in the picture but it has an elevator on one side operated by a pulley.

I'm somewhat relieved Sindy wasn't the only one getting kidnapped :kitty-wink:

Oh gee, Twiggy! I had a Twiggy lunchbox.  I wish I still had it, it might be worth some money now.

Haha, 6 year old me with chubby knees carrying a Twiggy lunchbox. Oh the irony! :)

*Sigh* Josiah it seems you may just have a teen bride after all and you'll need to support lots of babies so you may want to sell more things off eBay mate...

5 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

"We were just trying to follow God's lead on everything. She didn't feel that it was the right timing then, so we called it quits for a bit."

Hmm....definitely sounds like they are back together. I didn't want to think she was after him for the "fame" but now I think that may, indeed, be the case. So Godly of her.

I agree with you. I wanted to think that she genuinely liked him and that things just didn't work out. But, to break up right when the show is canceled only to get back together when the show is back? That's hard to explain away. 

I don't think they're back together.  I think he's trying to imply that they could get back together sometime in the future.  Here's the quote from People.

"We have time to grow ... you never know," Josiah continues. "But when you think about a girl to marry, you ask what kind of guy she would want to marry and you try to be that kind of guy." 

22 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I don't think they're back together.  I think he's trying to imply that they could get back together sometime in the future.  Here's the quote from People.

"We have time to grow ... you never know," Josiah continues. "But when you think about a girl to marry, you ask what kind of guy she would want to marry and you try to be that kind of guy." 

It sounds like a roundabout way of saying that Josiah and Marjorie realized that they were too young and immature to get married. At least someone in this family is showing some signs of common sense.

56 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

They wouldn't be breaking their silence about it now and choosing those words to say if things aren't back on between them. The Duggars, TLC, and People are all too calculating for that. 

Maybe be the Siah-Marjorie 2.0 is what Janna did not see coming?  From the careful wording I think they are back on.  Courtship announcement.  Got to keep those ratings up.

On 8/03/2016 at 3:37 AM, bashfulpixie said:

I remember those! I'd completely forgotten all about them, but I had them.  I also had Calico Critters, My Little Ponies, and Hello Kitty toys.

Does anyone remember these dolls?  I had them both.  I remember when I got my My Bundle Baby I was so jealous because I just got one, while my friend was lucky and ended up with twins.  Lol

8695003818_144df8f4a1.jpgc374e243b770ac83e5c255113d1531ed.jpg

Did anyone else ever have a puppy surprise? puppy-surprise.jpg

Like the bundle baby, you bought the dog and it came with any number of babies stuffed into its velcro fastened tummy. I remember feeling very short-changed when my cousin's one had 10 puppies and mine had a paltry two. I didn't hold my puppy surprise's lack of fecundity against her though, she still lives in my closet and was very well-loved!

Well, if Marjorie and Josiah are back on, I will find it very suspicious. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but the courtship ending with the demise of the show, and starting up again when it comes back, just seems unlikely. It would have been a great time to court, out of the limelight. Shame on Marjorie if this is so.

2 hours ago, Yes, TOTALLY said:

Like the bundle baby, you bought the dog and it came with any number of babies stuffed into its velcro fastened tummy. I remember feeling very short-changed when my cousin's one had 10 puppies and mine had a paltry two. I didn't hold my puppy surprise's lack of fecundity against her though, she still lives in my closet and was very well-loved!

I got a puppy surprise as my "reward" for getting ear surgery. I still have one of the 5 puppies.

My sister had the kitty surprise (probably because of jealousy). Here only had 3, which bothered her. Lol

I was just thinking of the Turtle Tots and couldn't remember their name.  Didn't they come with bottles and stuff you could store in the shell?  I think I remember my brother taking one and throwing it in the pond in our backyard and being so upset that I couldn't feed my turtle baby anymore.   LOL.

Anyone remember Hugga Bunch?  I had the one with the pink hair as a kid.larger.jpg

16 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Keep on wearing those pants Marj!

Northwest Arkansas Beautiful Girls Retreat?????????  How egotistical is that???

She would make a great Duggar, wouldn't she?

I wonder if his comment about "Being the kind of man a girl wants to marry" was a shot at big brother...

4 hours ago, Yes, TOTALLY said:

I had the horse and my sister had the dog. They brought them back and now my daughter has one. How about Popples? I loved that thing. 

12 hours ago, DuggarsTheEndIsNear said:

I agree with you. I wanted to think that she genuinely liked him and that things just didn't work out. But, to break up right when the show is canceled only to get back together when the show is back? That's hard to explain away. 

Was the show really ever cancelled? I don't think TLC ever stopped filming. I'm sure the Duggars knew they would be back on TV soon. Also Majorie hung around after the show and courtship were "cancelled", she didn't break off the courtship and run far away for the Duggars. There were rumors of Josiah and Majorie getting back together soon after they broke up. Maybe they did decide to only break up for a "bit".

1 minute ago, Kira said:

Was the show really ever cancelled? I don't think TLC ever stopped filming. I'm sure the Duggars knew they would be back on TV soon. Also Majorie hung around after the show and courtship were "cancelled", she didn't break off the courtship and run far away for the Duggars. There were rumors of Josiah and Majorie getting back together soon after they broke up. Maybe they did decide to only break up for a "bit".

That doesn't sound like someone taking courtship seriously though. Aren't they better than us because they only court with the purpose to marry?  How would it look if they went out and then broke up and then got back together.  May as well let the kids just 'date'. :)

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived