IGNORED

Josiah Duggar Part 4

happy atheist

6 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

What we have here is a bunch of arranged marriages, arranged by a guy who has very poor judgment. I think he just wanted to thin the herd & when any guy came knockin' he was like, "take her."

Did anybody catch when Jana was interviewed on the new show, she said, "It's nice to see your sibs get married & start dating..." WHAT?! She doesn't even know that you're supposed to date FIRST! But hey, it's their way.

Oh. I took that as "some get married" and "some date" (with a purpose, of course)

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She basically said it was hard to see her siblings getting married and then going on dates. It was very backwards, IMO.

I have a friend who worked a service job part time all through high school and came back to the same place every summer during college. Right after college he went back to the same, slightly above minimum wage job. Just long enough for them to transfer him to corporate. Where he has been working his way up for almost 10 years. He has worked for the same company for basically 16 years and he's barely 30. He has like a month or more of vacation a year at this point. His retirement account is insane. Yah. Entry level minimum wage jobs are not a failure. Ever.

11 hours ago, Grace said:

I have a friend who worked a service job part time all through high school and came back to the same place every summer during college. Right after college he went back to the same, slightly above minimum wage job. Just long enough for them to transfer him to corporate. Where he has been working his way up for almost 10 years. He has worked for the same company for basically 16 years and he's barely 30. He has like a month or more of vacation a year at this point. His retirement account is insane. Yah. Entry level minimum wage jobs are not a failure. Ever.

Yep. There are many avenues in building a "career", if that's the kind of thing you want (and not everyone does). 

I've known similar stories of people who started in lower-level clerk positions in the bank, and then worked their way up the corporate management ranks. 

2 minutes ago, seraaa said:

Yep. There are many avenues in building a "career", if that's the kind of thing you want (and not everyone does). 

I've known similar stories of people who started in lower-level clerk positions in the bank, and then worked their way up the corporate management ranks. 

Also, I'm sorry, America, but your holiday conditions upset me. A month, after 16 years. 

(To be fair in the UK, it would also be around a month of paid leave after 16 years, but that also applies at the beginning of working life. Also not to say that our working conditions unproblematic, lord knows we also have our issues. Anyway.)

5 hours ago, seraaa said:

Also, I'm sorry, America, but your holiday conditions upset me. A month, after 16 years. 

(To be fair in the UK, it would also be around a month of paid leave after 16 years, but that also applies at the beginning of working life. Also not to say that our working conditions unproblematic, lord knows we also have our issues. Anyway.)

plus after 16 years in the uk you would get your month annual leave PLUS long service leave...

• 2 weeks later...

Marjorie just "graduated" from homeschool this weekend. It still frosts me that the Duggars most likely railroaded her and Josiah into a courtship last spring, when she was a junior in high school:

One of her tags is classof1. She didn't graduate with anyone else? I know some homeschoolers, and they get together with others, to share skills, etc. The cap and gown seem a bit weird to me.

curious what her "next chapter" will be? She seems bright, beyond SOTDRT standards. Wonder if her parents would allow Crown or PCC?

Maybe she'll get to do the illustrious College Plus that some of the Duggars started but didn't finish. I remember Joshly saying he wanted to be a lawyer. Like JB would ever allow that to happen. Jenny wants to be a vet. Sorry Jenny, not going to happen. Your future is already set in stone.

On April 13, 2016 at 9:38 AM, Grace said:

I know of more than one people who did something similar with Chic Fil A. They worked there in high school and college and now they have their own restaurant. I actually think it is very common with that franchise. I heard that is basically one of the only ways you will get to "own" one. 

On 3/27/2016 at 10:08 PM, OrchidBlossom said:

@Casserole, you made me think. We know that both of the male Dugger in laws have gone to college. I wonder if Jim Bob would let any of his sons court women with higher education experience (degrees or not), even if they went to Crown or PCC.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Maybe she'll get to do the illustrious College Plus that some of the Duggars started but didn't finish. I remember Joshly saying he wanted to be a lawyer. Like JB would ever allow that to happen. Jenny wants to be a vet. Sorry Jenny, not going to happen. Your future is already set in stone.

Of course JB would not allow Josh to be a lawyer. My oldest is an attorney, her journey through law school fascinated me. 

Over those years, I saw her learn a new way of thinking. Not just knowing laws, but a sort of considering any and every topic from both sides. And then calmly and coherently presenting a differing POV in so many situations. I was and am, impressed with this. But it would scare the hell out of a controller.

@HereticHick wasn't Michelle a junior in high school when she married JB?  IIRC she was an underage bride (and JB a teenage groom).

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:14 PM, ClaraOswin said:

She basically said it was hard to see her siblings getting married and then going on dates. It was very backwards, IMO.

Yeah, that was purely "bass-akwards."

Farmers.com; call JimBob!!

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

@Casserole, you made me think. We know that both of the male Dugger in laws have gone to college. I wonder if Jim Bob would let any of his sons court women with higher education experience (degrees or not), even if they went to Crown or PCC.

I would love to see that but I think that a woman with options, is not a woman a Duggar man would want, especially if they have w degree from a real college and not a Crown or PCC. Plus, she would already have been out in the world and would know what is out there. How soon would she get bored of a Duggar man? I know that I would loss my mind being stuck with a man who doesn't believe in education, thinks I am less being a woman and couldn't have an intellectual conversation to save his life. I am sorry but any educated woman with any sense of self worth would run as far away from the Duggars as possible. 

27 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

wasn't Michelle a junior in high school when she married JB?  IIRC she was an underage bride (and JB a teenage groom).

They got married after Michelle graduated from high school. She was born in September, which made her 17 when she graduated (she turned 18 the year they got married).

• 1 year later...

Since this got lost in the bowels of FJ, thought i'd revive it since everyone keeps asking if he has his own thread, which he does....just been dropped out of sight for a long time because....nothing happening!

I am SO confused! Did this thread disappear then come back!? Was it once called Josiah and......Lauren? Someone tell me I haven't (completely) lost my mind.

I see. This was started in 2015, I'm guessing threads got merged.........nope nothing merged

28 minutes ago, Mlissmartin said:

I am SO confused! Did this thread disappear then come back!? Was it once called Josiah and......Lauren? Someone tell me I haven't (completely) lost my mind.

I see. This was started in 2015, I'm guessing threads got merged.........nope nothing merged

The Josiah and Lauren thread went to the general Duggar thread. That's where most of the SiRen discussion is going on! :) 

Josiah... when he was a little tyke and a young teen, Josiah was kind of quirky. He seemed like an outgoing and friendly kid with a bizarre sense of humour. Later on, I felt sorry for him. JB trying his best to put Josiah down, having a longer than usual stint at Alert, studying accounting on College Minus (what the heck ever happened to College Minus, btw?) and his awkward non-relationship with Marjorie. Now Josiah is probably engaged to a neighbour fundie teen and will no doubt follow in his family's footsteps. I wish him well, but I also wish him more... 

1 hour ago, Markie said:

I also wish him more... 

Bar Smug, I think we wish more for all the Duggar kids.

I wish more for Josh as well, especially for Anna and the M-kids sake. He’s been a giant ass but there is lots of life left to live. He could do something better with it and be a decent husband, father, and human from now on. Doesn’t look like that’s going to happen but one can hope. 

Going through Marjorie's IG feed, that girl is in tank tops and shorts in a few photos. It's crazy to think she could've been married and someone's mother right now instead. 

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived